Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

Closed, being restarted

Postby AmberGlaze » 06/09/2008 12:01 PM

Venom Ferrikoon
Prismatic Rengosett
Image[br]Get your own Evelon Pet Today!

"And so the great expedition begins!" Minty yelled, zooming around her two companions. "Isn't this exciting? We are going to see the whole world of Evelon. From every last bit of it!"

Firework smiled at his friend's ethusiasim. "Yea. It will be fun. I'm just happy to be out of that confounded pen! It gets boring in there once in a while. " He climbed a tree, and peered around. "And the bridge is a wonderful place to start."

Sewey sighed. He for one, was not looking foward to this trip. He enjoyed the safe comforts of home, and didn't know why Cloudy had had to ruin it by asking them to go around the world and take pictures for her "Around the World" scrapbook. Her and her silly crafts. Sewey rarely ever talked, and tha was okay becuase Minty talked enough for both of them. Swearing under his breath, he pointed his tail in the direction of the bridge.

Minty nodded. "Yea, I guess we could go there. But first can we go explore the city. I'm positive we can find some cool pets, other than those at our pen. Whadda you guys think."

Firework shrugged. he wasn't exactly sure if they should stray away from their main destination, but Minty looked so hopeful, he had to say yes. "I guess we can. As long as-" But his warning came too late.

Minty had already dashed off.

Sighing, Firework slid down the tree, grabbed up Sewey, and chased after his crazy friend.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 06/09/2008 1:37 PM

"Minty, hold up!" Firework yelled, exhaustion clogging his limbs. Worst of all, there were hardly any trees here, so he couldn't swing on branches. He would feel much more comfortable once he was in Terrace Park or Tengel Rainforest.

Minty was having to much fun to hear Firework's plea, so she continued to run off. Well, more like fly off. "Excuse me, pardon me, hey bub, watch it!" Minty growled at some highly rude passerbyers as they rushed off. "Come on you two, your way too slow!" The Ferricoon yelled back to her struggling friends.

"On the contrary Minty, you're going way to fast. And you have wings, I have to actually use my legs. No offense to you Sewey of course." He yelled. "Cursed bridge, with no trees." He muttered.

Sewey clinged to Firework's arm for dear life, scared about the possibility of the Rengosett losing his grip on the small creature. Hate for Minty overwhelmed him.

Minty stopped suddenly, looking ahead of her. "Hey guys, look! It's a mall-type thing!" Dashing in, Minty started to explore her surrounding racks.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 06/10/2008 2:29 PM

"Minty...wait!" Firework called. Darnit, where was that pesky little Ferricoon? Dropping Sewey, he hurried off to find Minty. Knowing her, she would be going into huge trouble soon.

Sewey, crying out, tumbled from Firework's arms and onto the hard, cobblestone road. Standing up, he shook the dirt from his fur and looked around. Giants from every corner surrounded him, and he scampered away from their huge feet. Stupid big ones, he muttered under his breath. They were always stepping on his tail, or tripping over his body. And when the little ones picked him up, they always poked his side or pulled his ears. Now's my chance to get away from those big old freaks.

Minty flew into a coat rack, slipping on blue ones and red ones. "Hey, I love this in the green. Hey Sewey, what do you think?" Minty looked around. "Sewey?"
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 06/24/2008 5:46 PM

Minty shrugged. "I guess he and Firework stopped to look at something. That's so like him not to keep on track." She muttered crossly. Suddenly, a shadow blocked the light she was using to read the price tag. A large woman was standing above her, tapping her food impatiently.

"Are you gonna buy somethin sweety? Or else...leave." She said, glaring at the small Ferricoon.

Minty glared back, using her wings to lift her to the saleslady's height. "I'm sorry, but whatever happened to treat the customer wisely. And who says I wasn't going to buy it?" She asked, growling.

Firework walked into the store, still not noticing the absence of Sewey. Hearing some commotion, he crossed his hairy fingers, praying to the gods that it wasn't Minty. She was usually one to cause the commotion in a place. "Minty!" He called. He sighed heavily when he heard her voice barking at a saleslady.

Sewey scampered off, trying to find some shelter from the huge feet of excited shoppers.

"Hey there, little fellow. Come here." A big man loomed over the frightened Rattegan. He wore white nurse pants and a thin, white shirt with short sleeves. He carried a large butterfly net, except made of stronger net material. "You'll make a fine addition to the Evelon Preservation Zoo." And with a swoop, the little Blood Rattegan was captured.

Help me, Sewey though desperatley.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 07/12/2008 8:08 AM

Minty whirled around to see her friend swing on clothing racks towards her. "Firework, thank goodness your here! This lady was being highly rude to me." She said, turning back to the overweight lady. "Now listen here, missy. I, Mintus Van Guranitia III will not ne spoken rude to. So fix your attitude, or I'll have a little talk with your boss."

The lady cracked her gum, and folded her chubby arms. "Well, then. No need for that, hmm. Enjoy the rest of your day." She stated flatly, turning around, the flab under her legs jiggled as she stormed off in rage.

Minty looked please with herself. She hag gotten the best of that old bat. Turning around once more, she saw Fireworks had almost gotten there. "Hey Fireworks. I handled it!"

Fireworks breathed a sigh of relief. Finally, she had learned that violence was NOT the answer. But once of his hairy paws missed the next clothing racks, his speed sending him a  flip. "Minty, watch out!" He yelled. But it was too late. The monkey-type pet flew straight into the Ferrikoon. Racks tumbled, frantic shoppers screaming. Bags flew, clothes jumped into the air. A light above was smashed, and glass flakes fell upon the two tangled pets. The clothes and racks seemed to tangle up Minty and Fireworks in their inanimate fury.

Sewey sat in a tight cage in the back of a truck. It bounced and bounced with every bump on the dusty road. Clouds of dirt swirled against the thick windows, making him a bit uneasy. Where was this madman taking him...and why? His freaky human english was complex to the small Rattegan, and that only made more fear rise in him. Sewey looked around him. A Carpetfang was fast asleep in a glass cage, which made Sewey queasy. Beside him was a shaking Fenling, peeking about with every disturbance. Hugging himself, and wishing he had Minty or Fireworks with him, he let his body go to sleep.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 07/23/2008 11:03 AM

Minty stood up shakily, removing a sweater that had tightly grasped her leg. "Firework? You there?" She asked.

Fireworks' paw slipped out from under a cracked rack and grasped onto the Ferrikoon's paw. Pulling himself up, he looked around with a groan. The whole store was completely destroyed, and he knew that the staff wouldn't be too happy with that. "Minty," he muttered. "Let's go."

Minty stamped her feet in protest. "Noooooo Fireworks! I never got the jacket!"

Fireworks stared at her with such annoyance that Minty felt uneasy being near him. "You destroyed the whole store, and you still insist that they let you be here? Are you crazy? Just pick up the camera and lets go."

Minty glumly followed, her bent wing aching with every step she took. Turning before they exited, she snapped a photo of the store before scurrying off after her companion.

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/images/1045991677411_toy3.jpg
Suddenly, a thought crossed her. "Wait...where's Sewey?"
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 07/28/2008 8:33 AM

Firework blinked for a second, deep in thought. "Last time I saw him we were....outside...." Minty opened her eyes wide. "You LEFT him! You left a Rattegan outside with hundred of bustling people? Are you crazy?!" She spat, glaring at the Rengosett. "Come on!" She yelled, zooming around. "Sewey! SEWEY! Where are you?" Fireworks climbed easily up a few buildings, trying to gain a better view. "I don't see him! Wait, toss me the binoculars!" Minty reached into her pack and pulled them out. Using her athlete arm, she tossed the binoculars directly to her, and Fireworks brought them to his nervous eyes. Scanning the ground, he sighed. "Any sign of him?" Minty called upwards. "Not a clue!" He called back, upset. How could he be so stupid to leave his friend, alone , on the ground, him being no bigger than a rat! In fact, he was one! Sighing once more, he slid down the buidling and onto the ground. A woman in her eighties apporached the pair. Her white hair reflected the sun, making her look like and angel with a soft glow. She grasped her raincoat in the warm weather and her wrinkles shook as she spoke quietly. "Excuse me, are you by any chance looking for a rat-like creature?" Minty's eyes widened. "Yea, have you seen him?" The woman nodded slowly, and replied. "Yes, I have. Your friend was taken by the zoo keeper. They've been trying to find a Rattegan for years now, for they are not common in these parts. He's probably in the zoo holding pen. It's down the road for about 50 miles. It's a large, beat up white building. You can't miss it." She said, pointing down the road with a pale, crooked finger. "Although you must hurry, for if you do not catch him in time, you will not be able to ever see him again. He is not for the exhibit. He is for food."
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 08/08/2008 5:25 PM

Fireworks and Minty both gasped, their eyes clouded with worry. Minty flew upward, and started shaking with fear. "Fireworks, we have to go find him! We can't let our friend be turned into snake food!" Fireworks nodded. "But we can't get there on foot! Ma'am, is there any form of transportation-" But he stopped mid-sentence. "Hey Minty, whre'd she go." The Ferrikoon scaled the crowds, looking for the old woman. "I...I don't know. But we don't have time to look. Come on, we have to hurry." Zooming foward, Minty dashed off, leaving a dumbfounded Fireworks behind. Sighing, he ran after his fast flying friend.

Sewey awoke with heavy eyelids. Looking around, he tried to find the familiar appearances of his two companions, but then realized where he was. The road here was even bumpier, and Sewey jiggled around in the cage. Looking around at the shaking cages, he discovered in fright that the Carpetfang was wide awake, its yellow eyes slits as it stared at the frightened Rattagan. He ackwardly tried to speak, something he rarely did. "H...Hel...Helooo." He sputtered, fumbling over the difficult words. The Carpetfang raised its head in suprise, wondering how the Rattegan summoned enough courage to speak to her. "Well, how very bold of you." She hissed back, a small smile on her face.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 08/10/2008 2:07 PM

Minty dashed through the crowd, flying gracefully yet strong. Fireworks tried hard to keep up with her, stepping on loose stone and other people's shoes. "Sorry." He muttered non-stop, his kind nature feeling bad for the way he pushed people out of the way. Minty spun around to Fireworks. "Hey look, there's a tour guide. And there's a bus too!" Dashing after him, Fireworks paused to catch his breath before running after the Ferrikoon. When he finally arrived to the spot where Minty had pointed to, he placed his hand on the newly waxed bus to breath, catching the eye of the cross tourguide. "Excuse me you monkey-like hooligan, please remove your paw from my bus exterior!" He snapped. Fireworks snatched his hand off of the bus and walked over to him. "Sorry about that. But have you seen a green Ferrikoon with a camera around her neck?" The tour guide sniffed. "Yes. How could I miss that ruffian? She nearly knocked me down when she flew at expert speeds and talked to fast I only heard Lambastia Zoo. I told her yes we visited that spot and she went on. " Fireworks thanked him and ran on the bus. "Minty? Minty!"

Sewey was suprised the Carpetfang had spoken back to him. He would have never expected it. "It's...ha..hard...for...me....to...sp....sp....sp...sp...talk." He said, his body shivering with the effort. The Carpetfang nodded thoughtfully. "Oh, I see. Have you ever tried telepathy?" She asked. Sewey shook his head. "I..don't...kn...kn...know....h...how." He replied. The Carpetfang smiled warmly. "Just think of the person you want to talk to, and then speak the words. It's quite easy actually." Sewey nodded at her words and tried hard. He thought of the Capretfang's blue, slimy skin. Her yellow slits for eyes, and the little tufts of indigo fur. He thought hard of her charming voice, captivating and taking advantage of him in his soft state. Can you hear me? He asked through the rare gift. Yes, yes I can. The Carpetfang said. Good work young Rattegan. Now you can talk to other without having to strain yourself. Sewey smiled for the first time that day. Thank you.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 08/19/2008 12:29 PM

Fireworks spotted the anxious Ferrikoon bouncing up and down on the seat, very much annoying the pet behind her. Sighing, he joined her in the seat, and twidled his thumbs. He could sense there was still a bit of tension between them, and he couldn't blame her. He was so bent out of shape to just leave Sewey. How could he just forget him like that? His friend? Looking at Minty shyly, he noticed her face contorted with worry, sorrow, and anger. Not once did she sneak a glance at Fireworks, or at least speak.

Minty was upset. Not upset at only the fact that her friend was going to be eaten, but the fact that Fireworks had been so careless. Usually he was always nagging her to be more careful, and now this? He put the life of an innocent rodent in danger! But other than that, the worry of losing Sewey was great enough. As the driver closed the doors and started the engine, she clutched the seat, ready for the bumpy ride.

Sewey looked around. Where are we going? He asked, his cage boucing rather uncomfortably. The Capretfang sighed. We are going to the Lambastia Zoo. It turns out we're the knew attractions. Sewey hung his furry head low. And I'm food.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/10/2008 5:53 PM

Bump. Bump. BUMP.BUMP! The last one caused poor Minty to smack her head square on the roof for the vehicle. Fireworks reached over, but one wave of Minty's hand and he backed down. He knew when she was angry he shouldn't try to be friendly. Minty just wasn't like that. Seating in his seat, his frown dug deeper on his face, and looking at the other tourists didn't help much. In one seat there was a small, fussy Lucain, its owner trying to keep it under control. In the one behind it was a rather large man, his head hitting the window with every bump. Fireworks jumped when he heard him grumble, but then realized it was only a snore. And in the seat in front of him he could hear someone busily tapping on keys, and chatting quickly on the phone. A woman, maybe?

Minty rolled her shoulders back, and frowned. This trip seemed longer than she had hoped, and the silence between her and Fireworks was becoming more awkward and uncomfortable by the second. She tried to focus outside, but she found it hard under the brutal sun reflecting through the windows. She suddenly became very itchy, and sweat matter her black and green fur. "Mmmmkh."She grumbled, trying to find a comfy position.

The Carpetfang nodded slowly. Well, young one. Tell me your name, at least. Sewey looked up, and replied weakly, My name is Sewey. The Carpetfang nodded thoughtfully. Wow, an appropriate name at that. But yet unique in its own way. My name, my dear, is Lola. Don't get me confused with Lola the Boa on that silly rabbit and dog show though. It's just Lola, and I'm a Carpetfang. You'd be surprised how many people relate me to her. Sewey nodded at her words, a bit comforted by her voice. She had the tone of a mother. Strange for a snake...
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/13/2008 10:58 AM

Fireworks noticed Minty's uncomfort, but was too embarassed to speak. And he was sure speaking to him wasn't on her list of things to do. But then again, why was she so mad? Sure, he had lost Sewey, but they would find him, right? And it's not like she hadn't done some irresponsible things in her lifetime. Well if she was upset, then that was just good for her. He wouldn't cower in fear of her! No, he was bigger than her! Stronger! Who am I kidding. If I make her too mad, she'll rip me to shreads and feed me to a Carpetfang. He thought. The bus bumped again, and rounded a corner. The sharp turn caused Fireworks to bang into Minty.

"Ow!" Minty exclaimed crossly. "Geroff me you big oaf." She said, using her little arms to push him. Looking out the window, her eyes widened. There was a white van that read: LAMBASTIA ZOO ANIMAL HUNTING on the side. She started shaking Fireworks. "Hey, Fireworks! That's the van that kidnapped Sewey!"

Fireworks looked where her finger was pointing and his jaw dropped. "And we're right behind him! Perfect!" Just then though, the bus turned again, leading them the direct opposite of the van.

Minty jumped up from her seat and flew towards the driver. "Mister, where do you think your going? I thought we were on our way to the zoo!" The tour guide rolled his eyes. "Yes, but we have other things to do first." Minty glared. "But-" The tour guide interrupted her sharply. "But nothing. We are going on our original route, so take a seat. Now!"

Fireworks watched from three seats behind. "Bad move." He muttered to himself. "Real bad move."
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/13/2008 7:15 PM

Minty glared back at the old man. So he plays hardball, huh? She thought. Fine then. Minty pulled for the lever, and the doors swung wide open. The man turned to her, his face boiling red. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" He yelled. At this, Minty grabbed the scruff of his shirt and threw him out on the road. Sitting in the drivers seat, she called out, "Nothing personal! Just have a few errands to run!"

Fireworks widened his eyes. "Minty, no!" He screamed. But it was too late. The tour guide was outside, and Minty was in command. Racing up to the driver's seat, he noticed the worried faces of the passengers. "What are you doing?!" He hissed in disbelief.

Minty seemed completely calm. "Just trust me. We have to save Sewey." Reaching for the speaker, she pulled it down and spoke. "Attention passengers, the tour bus is now under new management. Fastenyour seat belts, because this is going to be a bumpier ride." She warned. The sounds of a hundred seat belts clicking could be heard.
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/14/2008 11:06 AM

The van turned, sending Sewey's cage crashing into a Torken's. It stared at him blankly, making Sewey more uncomfortable then before. If only I could see outside, maybe I could plan an escape. He thought, bouncing around. The cage shifted slightly to the back of the van, and the Carpetfang watched thoughtfully. I don't think you are going to escape through the back door. She said. Sewey, concentrated on his task, only shrugged. Bouncing even more rapidly now, Sewey finally felt his cage smack the back door. Now, it was time to get out of this cat carrier. Reached a paw through the bars, Sewey gripped the lock tightly. Crap, it goes by a key. he thought to himself. But he was a Rattegan, and escaping was what Rattegans did. Using one of his tiny claws, he fit it up the key hole and rotated, trying to see if his homemade key would work. Click! The door swung open, and Sewey busted out. Got it! The other pets watched in envy as Sewey ran around and stretched his tiny muscles. The Torken bekoned him over, and spoke. "Hey kid. Get me out of here. I don't wanna spend my life in a zoo. Come on, help a brother out, will ya?"
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/20/2008 11:25 AM

Minty, sweating a bit now, slowly pulled the bus into gear. Fireworks knew that there was no way to stop her. Buckling himself in the first, and thankfully empty seat, the Rengosett lwatched Minty carefully, making sure she didn't make a wrong move. This was all nerve-wrecking, but Sewey was their friend. And they had to protect him, even if it costs 50 people their life....right?

Minty, although trying hard not to show it, was extremely scared something was going to go wrong. The thought of the bus tipping over, or her driving off of a ledge frightened her, and she tried to shake the thought from her mind. Stepping slowly on the gas, Minty turned the bus. Looking in the rear-view mirror, she couldn't help but notice the frightened faces of her passengers. Minty slid her foot on the gas harder, and swung the bus around expertly. Well, this wasn't too hard. Suddenly, Minty got confident. She slammed her foot on the gas and sped down the road.

Fireworks heart skipped a beat when Minty turned the bus around, and he nearly fainted when she stepped on the gas. "Be careful!" He yelled over the annoyingly loud engine.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Next