Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

The Start of Something New (Now Closed)

Postby shinigami70 » 08/06/2008 6:47 PM

Dreamsnare Battleheart

Name:Tyrant

Tyrant starts his journey, talking to himself while on his way to the medical city of Medicai City for his punishment that his master Shini gave him.

"I can't believe Shini! Making me go all the way to Medicai City for a stupid prank. All I did was lock Hania in the shed. If he didn't want me to pick on her, he shouldn't have adopted a Hollowheart. He should've know that Battlehearts absolutely DESPISE Hallowhearts."

Tyrant continued his bantering while continuing on his way to Medicai City...without realizing he had no idea which way to go.

(LV/# of posts) 1/1
<center>ImageImage<br>Dreamsnare Hollowheart</br> Hania, the Dreamsnare Hallowheart</center>
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 18
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/07/2008 10:11 AM

Tyrant went on and on about how wrong his punishment...until he finally realized the horrible truth.

"Not fair I say.It's not fair that I-wait a minute, where am I again. Un-oh, this isn't good, I'm lost. How did I lose the path.I better find the path again or I might be in trouble."

With that, Tyrant began walking again, this time on look for anything or anyone to help him

(Lv/# of posts): 1/2
<center>ImageImage<br>Dreamsnare Hollowheart</br> Hania, the Dreamsnare Hallowheart</center>
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/07/2008 7:54 PM

Tyrant searched and searched all over for the path. He went left, right, clockwise, counterclockwise, and zig-zag, but still coundn't find the path.

"You do realize that you can fly, don't you Tyrant?"

Tyrant stopped, looking around for the source of the voice. Then he realized who it was that was talking to him. He looked up in the sky to see the source of his hatred, the reason he was on this journey.

"HANIA!!! What are YOU doing here!?"

Dreamsnare Hollowheart

Fullfilling my duty to my master. He knew that you would eventually get lost, so he had me watch over you. I must say, you are quite a pathetic sight Tyrant. I mean forgetting that you can fly. Just wait until the others hear about this.

Do you want to fight Hania? 'Cause we can go right now?

No, no. I'll just guide you to the path, how about that, hm? That way you don't have to waste your energy. Afterall, you have quite the journey ahead of you.

Fine. Hurry up and tell me.

Tyrant:(LV/# of posts) 1/3
Hania:(LV/# of posts) 1/1
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/07/2008 9:06 PM

I said LEFT you idiot. Gee, you're all muscle and no brain aren't you, Tyrant

You can just shut your trap Hania. Okay I turned left, now what?

Tyrant continued to follow Hania's directions back to the path leading to the Medicai City.

Okay the path is about two hundred feet ahead.

Tyrant didn't need to be told that, he could see the path leading to the Medicai City's portal. However, there was something else he saw as well...a second portal. However, this portal had sign above it that read:

BEWARE:

TO NORI VOLCANO

At that moment, a devious plan crossed Tyrant's mind. Hania thought he was all muscle and no brain; well she'll see just how smart he can be.
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

The Start of Something New

Postby miragedtheory » 08/07/2008 10:01 PM

Niru was at his proudest then, wandering alone in search of perhaps something to interest his master, lately she had been few of challenges or instructions...training then letting him loose to do as he would when he would.  His large rounded ears flipped forth and width for a few long intrusive moments before returning to a more protective position, they were always his best defense.  He began to wonder just where Eru and Blaz had gone off to, possibly trekking the more abundantly open areas of the land.  He huffed, moving more into a rough trot before some very loud noise ahead brought him to a pause.  The rounded tips of his oversized ears flipped forward listening for that which he could not see, something he rarely used in reality lately.  The consistent wingbeats that soon collapsed into strong yet well silenced steps indicated that these were perhaps scaled beasts, Blaz would get along well now.  As if by thought the large beast sored into view and landed just beside the much smaller Sahound, her long muzzle twitching over the horizon.

A Hollowheart and Battleheart, spotted them off a distance.  Shall we avoid them?  Eru is on his way.

Her words echoed in his mind, he still needed much time to get used to that.  A shake of his head indicated his desire to continue on their mission even though it was foolish in his mind.  Eru carried the message they would open upon arrival to wherever they got to as long as they passed through at least one of these portals.  Blaz snorted, one not to intervene with their masters orders took up the Sahound and took off at a lope toward the two before them.  Not much time passed before the dark Cavallion met at their sides knowing too well just what they were doing simply by the notion of their direction.

Soon the group was upon the pair and Niru leaped from his pedestal to the ground clearly taking front row of the others.  He was fluent at imitation human speech from his owner, now time to practice away from home.

Seems we all follow a certain path.  What be your challenge?  Your callings perhaps?  

He knew his words were all wrong, still put to practice at his young age, but at least he hoped the two would understand wanting to know their names and master's orders, in no way would a Hollowheart and Battleheart travel with one another willingly.
<center>ImageImage<br>Sanctity & Sacrilege</br></center>
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 42
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/07/2008 10:29 PM

Tyrant had the perfect plan. He was just about initiate it when a Sahound appeared before him. He spoke, but it was in an old form of the Human language. Tyrant decided he better get rid of him quick or else his oppurtunity would be gone.

Our calling, you ask? Why we are on a simple stroll my god friend. Nothing special about us. So, why don't you continue your journey and let us-

Oh come on Tyrant. What's with the lie. You're being very rude to our guests.(Looking at Niru) I'm terribly sorry about him, he doesn't have many manners. My name is Hania, and this brute here is Tyrant. And to correct matters, we are on no stroll. No, in fact, Tyrant here is on his way to Medicai City to donate his blood as punishment for locking me in a shed. Of course before we continue our chat, may ask you your name.? Are you three also on a journey?

While Hania spoke, Tyrant was getting agitated, but he wouldn't show it. He knew that if he did, his plan would be over. He waited, waited for this other group to leave, waited for a distraction, waited for the right moment he could put his plan into motion.
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby miragedtheory » 08/08/2008 10:51 AM

Niru looked over the Battleheart, his master had told him frequently that these creatures were rather tough in physical proportions and mental for most.  He felt quickly that he was doing nothing more than trying to head off to what he was doing once more but was cut short by the other, a Hollowheart like Blaz.  He liked Hollowhearts, Blaz and himself got along well when his master adopted her to the crew, he remembered how long it took him to adjust to Eru when he arrived yet it took him no time to get used to Blaz.  Their names were stated and what they were up to, come to think of it the name of the town came to mind and perhaps that was where their master was sending them...Eruin was the one who always remembered names the best.  Stepping forward even more he knew what would need to be spoken next, they needed to be straightforward like she had been with them.

Well, thank you for your honesty.  I am Mardo Nirusa, but you can call me Niru.  This Cavallion here is Eruin Vengisu or Eru, and the Hollowheart is Blasphemy, but we call her Blaz.  We are on a quest of sort, we aren't really sure what we are to accomplish more than we are supposed to get to any city beyond a portal...then we are entitled to read the parchment she sent with us.  Perhaps we will join you?  Seems having only a cold stone Battleheart isn't stimulation enough for the likes of a Hollowheart like you Hania.

He smiled, a rare expression he showed only to his owner, here he decided it would be the best time to express his open gratitude if she would take on their company.
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/08/2008 1:18 PM

As the sahound, who inroduced himself as Niru, spoke, Hania was keping close watch on him; seeing if there was any sign of distrust among him or his companions. Then, she saw Niru let out a smile. It was then that she knew that she could trust Niru and his friends.

Why, of course we, or should I say I, would enjoy your company since we all seem to be going to the same location. Besides, it will be nice to travel with another Hallowheart. However, I must warn you, Tyrant can be a bit...rough. So, as long as you three can handle a Battleheart, I see no problem. (In a low whisper to avoid being by Tyrant) Also, if you come, keep your guard up, Tyrant has been acting very strangely lately, and I don't want any of you get hurt.

Hania then began to hover above Tyrant once again. This time she had to keep a closer watch Tyrant. She knew that whatever he had planned, would be ruined if Niru and his friends joined them on their way to Medicai City. She only hoped that that Tyrant wouldn't get too desperate and try to fight. She herself refuses to fight, so she knew that if he did rampage, she would be leaving her new friends to fend for themselves.

Meanwhile, while Hania and the Sahound were talking, he was watching his other companions, a Cavallion and another worthless Hollowheart. He wanted to beat that Hallowheart down. He could tolerate Hania to a certain degree, but an unknown Hallowheart had no such luxury. However, he knew that the Sahound  and the Savallion would be on him within seconds. Then , he heard Hania welcome this new group to join them. NO! This was impossible! His plan ruined! His chance to avoid having his blood taken lost! Tyrant was losing it. There was no way in hell he could avoid it now. Then, he saw them. People. A whole lot of people coming down the path. That's when another scheme crossed his mind. Hania had no idea of his ability; an ability all Batlehearts possess. He couldn't help himself. First he let out a smile; but not a happy smile, an evil smile. Then , he laughed. He laughed and laughed. He knew Hania and the others were watching him. He didn't care. It was over. He had won.
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby miragedtheory » 08/08/2008 1:54 PM

The three listened to Hania with a cautious eye soon turned to Tyrant, Blasphemy had no interests in taking on a fight with such a creature as him and all desired even less to get in any way in his way.  Niru was a little more lenient of that which Hania was saying until that glimpse of a grin passed the Battleheart's jaws.  He had been in the presence of a Battleheart long ago when he was just a young pup of his mothers, he heard the cries and shrieks of battle and even the shallow yowls of the other in pain and kept them well memorized as any Sahound would.  Eruin was not one to believe that he would stick with this group anyways, trudging forth he wandered past the two large dragonesque beasts and continued on his way to the volcano, a hoarse 'hmph' heard of him as he passed through the portal and was no longer seen of the group.  He was older than Niru, wiser in a way but a little more wayward and prideful, he preferred traveling with only those his master entrusted and no others, these two wandering were not that and he would not stick around for it.

Niru watched Eruin almost frustrated at the Cavallions sudden taken leave, but, turning to Blaz he knew that Eruin was one who could not be tainted of his path.  He looked to the other two and sat down to take a quick scratch of his scruff as if in wait for a response from the two.  He was now ever more curious of why the Battleheart laughed, a sound that he could not help but take in and do as he did naturally.  Agape maw started out at the boisterous laugh with the same amp of the large beast but as his mouth stretched the sound grew in power.  Soon nothing could be heard of the Battleheart's sinister sound, drowned down by the echoing stampede that was Niru's response and instinct.
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/08/2008 3:21 PM

By the time tyrant got his laughter under control, he saw the Cavallion gone and the Sahound running from him. He looked up to Hania watching the Sahound running. He knew that now was the time to began. Tyrant began bolting towards the path, bolting towards the group of people coming down the path.

Huh. Tyrant! Stop!

Hania had realized he was gone now. It mattered not. The humans saw him coming. They began to disperse. Tyrant knew it was time. He followed the largest group of people. THen he stopped and turned. He saw the Sahound still running, and Hania flying towards him. "Where was the other Hallowheart" he thought. NO! Now was not the time. Tyrant turned back towards the humans. He jumped Into the air towrds them. They were too shocked to move; frozen with the fear of being landed on by a Battleheart.

NOOO! Tyrant you can't!

As he was beginning to land closer towards the humans, he knew Hania would turn her head. She hated the site of blodshed and death; and he would use that to his advantage. Before, he landed on them, Tyrant activated one of his more useful abilities. In a flash, the Battleheart was gone; he was no more. Instead, what fell upon the people was nothing more than a man. Tyrant was now in his human form. He turned back to Hania. Good. She had stopped and turned her head like he knew she would. He decided now was his chance. Tyrant began to run.  He ran in the direction that the Sahound was running: The Nori Volcano portal.

By this time, Hania had turned back around. She saw no blood and nobody was dead. However, what feared her most is that she had lost sight of Tyrant.
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby miragedtheory » 08/08/2008 3:35 PM

Niru watched as the Battleheart took to the air and flew to the distant area where humans were inhabiting.  He was curious as to just what was going on but knew by the way that Hania was shouting this wasn't good and Blasphemy wasn't going to have any of it.  As Niru dodged for some underbrush the sounds of his natural sound stampede vanished and he was nowhere to be seen unless searched for in the depths of the underbrush.  Blaz knew she could find him later, taking to the sky she was prepared to stop the Battleheart in light of the humans even though she knew he was heavier in girth.  He was far ahead and Hania was slightly following close behind until he began his dive, then she turned away as if to shield from the disaster this could turn out to be.  She watched intently, bold golden stare fixed on Tyrant until all at once he vanished.  She searched frantically trying to figure where he had gone until the sight of a human landing among the others set her to know exactly what was going on.  She had heard of it but never had seen it, an Anthro form...what a joke!  He certainly tricked his counterpart darting off among the other fleshlings but Blaz was quick to react and take her part of this incident.

Amidst the chaos that spread through the people he was headed for where Eruin had gone but would not get that far, blazing his trail she dared not to strike a beat of her wings as she spread her talons his way, gliding quickly in procession of him until he was caught in her grasp.  All at once she took to the skies once more and headed toward Hania, giving a toss of the small human form of Tyrant with a less than triumphant growl.

Keep your watch on them, whether you want to or not...if it had been a fight you would be dead by now, that or your master.

She grumbled, turning then to retrieve Niru from hiding, she felt understanding for the small creature as he would have been no help in this situation.
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/08/2008 4:01 PM

Hania began to panic. She had no idea where Tyrant had gone. Then, out of no where, Blaz fly past and grabbed a human in her talons. Of course! Tyrant had a human form. THen Blaz came up to her and toosed the human Tyrant at her. Hania caught him before he could fall. Before Blaz left she gave Hania some advice. Most advice should is good, however, this piece gave Hania a sinking feeling in her stomach. She knew that Blaz was right: She never should've hesitated. Blaz began heading towards an underbush. When she looked closer, she could make the faint form of Niru.

Blaz, wait. Are you guys going to the Volcano?

Hania saw Eru go to the Volcano, but Eru seemed sturdy and able to fend for himself.

You know, if they go to the Nori Volcano, we should go with them. You know, to help them get through it. I mean I'm pretty fire resistent. Besides, didn't you that we should travel with them,hm?

Hania knew that Tyrant was just saying that so he ould go the Nori Volcano. However, Shini had told them to go to Medicai City. On the other hand. If Hania went with Blaz, perhaps she could learn how to be less hesitent, like her.
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby miragedtheory » 08/08/2008 4:37 PM

Blaz turned attention to Hania's question as Niru scuffled out of his hiding place and took charge onto Blaz's back.  Looking to the path she realized that the way Eru was taking was an indirect path they hadn't intended, to get to Medicai City.  She sighed, almost irritated at the haughty steed's faulty directions which were few and far between unless he was acting as he was now, returning her golden gaze to the others.

I guess we are.  Eru is sort of foolhearty at times, a little hardheaded for his own good.  

A second sigh escaped with her last words, waiting only briefly before turning toward the entrance of the portal and entering with Niru boldly watching and listening for signs of the unseen dangers that may have lurked ahead.  Long talons clamped upon the earth as soon the path lengthened to the magmatic land that was the Nori Volcano. Too bad, the three of them without their fans...
miragedtheory
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby shinigami70 » 08/08/2008 5:00 PM

Hania let out a little laugh when she heard how the cool looking Eru was a little foolheartedly. Soon after, Blaz, with Niru on her back, crossed into the portal leading to Nori Volcano.

Well...aren't we going in after them?

Hania hesitated. No! she thought. She said she wanted to be like Blaz. This was her chance.

Fine. we're going in after them. But we're still going to go to Medicai City. Understand.

Yeah, yeah. Now let me down so I can return to normal.

Hania did, and after he was in his orginal form, they crossed into the portal leading to the Nori Volcano.

Tyrant:(LV/# of posts) 2/9
Hania:(LV/# of posts) 2/7
shinigami70
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate