Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

Postby Adelie » 10/12/2008 10:29 PM

Well, a few moments had passed and there appeared to be no signs of Firefly getting roasted, eaten, or otherwise destroyed.  Sweeeet.  Jory was glad of that, because he'd hate to have to abandon this cave and find a new shelter, especially in the pouring rain and in territory where he knew nothing of the terrain.  Unless, of course, whatever that might be in there was an ambush predator.  But he could still see Firefly's glowing markings, which obviously meant she was still alive.

"Thanks, by the way," he said, slithering into the cave and gazing at the darkness, which seemed to stretch back an infinite amount of miles.  "How far back does this place go, by the way?"

Because he felt that he owed Firefly a debt for having her go into the cave first, he began to slowly slither forward, trying to find some sort of back to this cave--just in case there was actually a fire-breathing paragon lurking in the back.
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 10/16/2008 3:52 AM

Firefly watched the Nagi slither forther into the cave. She squinted he eyes to see what he could possibly be looking for, but saw nothing. Nothing but the cave walls, a few rocks, and... Jory.

What had he said about a fire-breating Paragon? There weren't any signs of anything inhabiting this cave that Firefly could see, but then again, they couldn't be absolutely sure, at least until they had explored all the way to the back of the cave. Perhaps it wasn't a cave at all, but really a tunnel? Curiosity growing, Firefly decided to follow Jory further into the cave.
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 138
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/16/2008 9:26 PM

Still nothing except blackness.  Great Zu'hai, this cave was a long one.  Or perhaps it had just gotten so dark that he couldn't even see the walls.  Chances were that he was going to hit his head within a couple moments, which worried him.  He was very protective of his head after Tempest had decided to give him a concussion one day.

Jory slowed down a little, looking back at Firefly.  "Hey, you know what?  That witchlight of yours might come in handy right now."

((Post = fail.  This fanfic I'm reading is very distracting.))

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby QuirkyRabbit » 10/17/2008 2:20 AM

Firefly could still see quite some distance into the cave, but since Jory probably couldn't, she sent a ball of witchlight further into the cave. It whizzed past Jory's head, but came to a stop in front of a huge pile of rocks. A dead end.

Firefly walked up to it and touched it gently with her paw. "Looks like the ceiling's caved in here. If there's anything behind here, it won't bother us. Besides that, this cave is empty," she concluded.

((I think this is ten posts. I need to pull Firefly out to go somewhere else. If you haven't made ten posts make another one, then I'll close it. T'was fun RPing with ya! ;)))
QuirkyRabbit
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Celebrity Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 138
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/17/2008 10:46 PM

((Sure.  <3))

"Aww, a dead end."

Jory was reluctant to give up his search, but there appeared to be nothing around the area to hunt after--no dark corners, no holes in the wall--he'd even bumped his nose into the wall just to test if it was an illusion.

This was getting boring, and from the sounds of it, the rain was stopping.  The steady drizzle had petered out until the only sounds from outside were the slow trickle of water downhill from cave-top to ground.

"The rain's stopped.  It was nice meeting you, but I'm going to go."

And with that, Jory left.

((x3  Was reading too much angst-y stuff earlier.  My muse is stuck on angst.))

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items