Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

Postby kayle » 11/24/2008 9:55 AM

Corith tried to make himself smaller than usual under the gaze of the huge battleheart.  He shook a bit, then managed to draw his eyes away from the dragon.  He heard two of the other big pets introduce themselves as
Setsuki and Okami.  Corith took a deep breath and introduced himself.  What else could he do?  "I-I'm C-Corith."  He stammered.  He moved farther into the clearing.  He stumbled nervously toward the fellox and yonyuu, staying clear of the battleheart and the ssendrek.  He huddled behind Setsuki.  She was temple, at least, and he figured he could trust her, if no one else.
I won't go down alone,
But I'll go down with my friends.
-My Chemical Romance, "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison."

[center]Image Temple Albie[/center]
kayle
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 243
Donate

Postby alienationgrave » 11/24/2008 5:06 PM

Lust chuckled out loud.
"Haha, you're one unusual pet aren't you," Lust said to Corith.  "We won't hurt you. I'm Lust by the way."
"I'm Envy," Envy said after Lust. "We were just curious about you, that's all." He smiled.  He remebered the other Albie at home.  They were both the same, except Gluttony was probably bolder than Corith.  

Lust started laughing as he saw Corith huddle behind Setsuki.
"Buddy, should we bring in another albie to make you comfortable? You know, there's one lurking in these grounds, though he usually shows up near the Basantha shrines; Or would you prefer anothe temple pet?" Lust said.  He loved Corith already.  At least it was a change from all the monotone pets back at home.

Gluttony
Cursed Albie
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 559
Donate

Postby FWD » 11/24/2008 5:10 PM

Setsuki smiled as the Albie huddled behind her. "Don't be afraid" she whispered softly. Okami walked off a little into the distance and shook the dust off,with a sneeze after. She felt irritated for some reason but quickly changed attidute. She knew these animals were no threat, Walking back to Setsuki, she saw the Albie hiding behind Setsuki. What was his name again? Oh yes, it was Corith, She tought to herself. Using her tail, Setsuki pointed to the candycorn Kuhna and Slynx, "They have not introduced themselves yet, but I am sure they will soon" Okami swished her tail back and forth out of boredom, "Welcome to the group, I guess.." she welcomed a bit unsure.
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 247
Donate

Postby alienationgrave » 11/24/2008 6:19 PM

Meanwhile, somewhere near the Basantha Shrines, a cursed albie lurked in the shadows.  He smelled evil nearby, though nearby would probably be hundreds of miles away.  He knew the smell.  It was Lust, his old friend and buddy; Envy was with him.  But he also smelled something else. A yonyuu, fellox, kuhna, slynx, and an albie.  They smelled good, and he couldn't wait to get his paws on them.  They should be coming soon, maybe arriving in a day or two.  He could finally eat a full meal.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kayle » 11/25/2008 12:18 PM

Corith nervously settled down.  He still didn't feel comfortable, but he decided the group was nice enough.  He looked over at the kuhna and slynx.  Wow.  That kuhna sure had a strange color.  It was quite pretty, actually, with all the orange and yellow in it.  Corith pawed the ground, then lay down, still behind Setsuke.  With all the noise everyone was making, this would be along night...
I won't go down alone,

kayle
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby alienationgrave » 11/25/2008 4:51 PM

((ooc: mind if i add another pet in?))

Greed
Void Carpetfang

Greed slithered and slided along the dusty platform.
"Aw, now my fur is all dirty," he whined.  He didn't like to preen his fur much, especially when it was someone with super sharp claws that did it for him.  But he had to get his fur cleaned or Gluttony will laugh at him when he gets to the shrine.

He followed Lust's scent along the platform.  As he got close, he heart some talking, and he smelled an albie.
Greed gasped. "No way!"
He hurriedly glided so he could see the group, but they couldn't see him.
The albie he smelled was only a temple albie, not a cursed one.
"Phew, thought he had me there," Greed said in relief. "At least Lust is there.  Maybe I should wait 'till morning.  I don't want him scracthing my beautiful skin~"  

So he lay there unmoving, blending into the dark night.  He slept softly, his presence hidden among the night air
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 11/25/2008 4:54 PM

(I don't mind you adding another pet. Okami has Keen-eared Scout trait so she could hear the Carpetfang a bit, is that okay? If not, I will remove my last sentece.)
Watching the Albie laydown behind Setsuki, Okami Layed Down Nearby. "Should we go now or sleep?" Okami yawned. Setsuki changed glances from the Albie and Okami. "I wish to rest.. Do you mind?" She directed the question to both Lust, Envy, the Kuhna, and the Slynx. "If you want I can stay on watch" Okami offered. Setsuki said nothing but nodded gratefully. Now will the other 4 agree? she thought. On the other hand, Okami thought she heard something somewhere in the dark night that surrounded them. Probably nothing she reasured herself.
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby alienationgrave » 11/25/2008 7:11 PM

((no problem with me))

Lust and Envy nodded.  It was getting dark, and they can't travel without being able to see.  There weren't any lights around here, and it was dangerous to wander off.  It would be best to rest first, and regenerate their energy.

Lust noticed Okami seem to hear something, but then reassure herself that it was nothing.  He smiled.  This presence, this smell, Lust chuckled. You can hide from anyone, but you can't hide from me Greed.  I know your smell all too well.  Greed had probably come to get his fur preened again.  If that was right, then there was nothing to worry about.  Lust laid down next to Envy, and soon the two fell into a deep sleep.
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 11/25/2008 11:57 PM

As the two others fell asleep, Setsuki nodded to Okami in taking the offer of her watching. Remember to wake me up halfway through the night for a switch, Setsuki telemessaged. Slowly, Setsuki yawned and her eyes closed, Her breathing slowed to show that she had fallen asleep. Okami looked around the platform once more. Is it someone? or just wind.. She thought, thinking about the sound she had heard. Then looking at the Kuhna and Slynx she asked "You guys gonna sleep?" There was not really a reply, because they would eventually get tired and sleep right? Okami looked up and saw there was a few glittering stars that shined through the dark night. She looked closely and spotted a shooting star. Please let this be a safe journey she wished in her thoughts.
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby alienationgrave » 11/26/2008 7:51 PM

Gluttony was getting a bit hungry.  He hadn't eaten yet since noon, and his stomach growled loudly.  He sighed heavily.
"At least I'll go find something to eat first," the cursed albie said to himself.  He wandered off into the woods nearby.  As he sniffed the air, he caught a faint scent.
"Chaos pets," he smiled.  He hadn't eaten chaotic pets in a long time.  He bounded off toward the smell.  In a small clearing he sighted a family of ferrikoons.  All chaotic blood.  
"Mmmm... ahhh...." Gluttony positioned himself, and then attacked.

After he returned to the shrine for shelter, he had eaten his dinner, but he still wasn't full yet.  
"Aww... I wish I could eat some bigger pets..." he whined to no one in particular.  He laid down near the entrance and rested his head on his paws.  At least he'll wait for morning.
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 11/27/2008 9:26 PM

(I'm gonna make it morning or dawn, is that okay to you guys?)
It was the middle of the night and Okami's eyes were getting heavy. Padding off to Setsuki she woke her up. Setsuki sat up and looked around, Her eyes blazed, and the markings were bright in the dark sky. Okami circled around before falling in a comfrotable spot to sleep. Setsuki kept awake, looking left to right, and doing it continuosly.  As many hours past, The sky became reddish black with a faint yellow. Dawn already? Setsuki asked herself. She heard birds chirping in the distance and the sun rising slowly could be seen. Ambling to Okami, she placed a paw gently on her side and shook it. "Wake up, It's Dawn" Setsuki whispered in her ear. Okami yawned as Setsuki took her paw off. Okami blinked a few times as the blinding light got to her. "should we wake the others up?" Okami whispered to Setsuki, But she just nodded no and walked off torwards the Surounding forest. Setsuki collected a few peices of Fruit that hung in the trees close to the platform and walked back to the others, placing each one infront of them. Hopefully, the others like to eat fruit.. and it will fill the big ones up Setsuki thought to herself talking mostly about Envy and Lust. Sitting down next to Okami, she ate her own fruit and waited for the others.
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kayle » 11/28/2008 3:04 PM

Corith's eyes popped open.  He could smell... Fruit!  He lunged forward and chomped down on the succulent chunk of fruit someone had so thoughtfully put in front of him.  He loved fruit, of any kind, and he hadn't eaten in a while.  He gulped down the last of his breakfast, and noticed Setsuki eating her own piece of fruit.  Corith sat up, and scratched behind his ear with his hind paw, then yawned.
I won't go down alone,

kayle
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 11/28/2008 8:16 PM

Setsuki raised her head as she heard Corith Yawned. She apearently had finsihed her fruit and so did Okami. "Up already?" She asked softly. Okami watched the others, Will they wake up soon too? she asked herself. "Hopefully, someone here knows what bridge leads to which" Okami whispered to herself. Setsuki's ears twitched torwards Okami, "Hopefully..." she thought to her. Okami obsereved the Albie a bit. "Corith, why are you here anyway?" Okami asked, a bit curious. Not waiting for a reply, Okami explained why Setsuki and she was. "We're here because we want to explore the world a bit, Setsuki wants to see Basantha Shrine, though" Setsuki said nothing, but watched the sun rise.
ImageImageImageImageImage
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby alienationgrave » 11/28/2008 8:59 PM

Lust and Envy slowly opened their eyes as the sun's rays shined on them.
Lust yawned and stretched.  He shook himself, his fur rustled.  He might ask Envy to preen his fur for him.  

Envy stretched his wings, flapping them a little to make sure they weren't stiff.  A little dust blew over the group.
"Sorry,"he muttered.  He shook his neck; it made his neck look real flexible.  He noticed the fruit in front of him.  He made a face.  He hated these kind of fruit.  The ones that only grew around the Basantha shrines, and the only kinds of fruit that grew.  Well, maybe except for the ones that grew in the Shrine's garden.

Lust chuckled.  He ate the fruit without complaint, eating his and Envy's.  They should get going soon.  Euthein will be waiting for them.
"Greeeed...."Lust called unwillingly.

The void carpetfang seemed to appear out of nowhere.  He seemed very excited.  He slithered over to Lust with grace and beauty.
"Luuuussttt!!!!"he whined. "I need my fur cleaned, NOW."  He left Lust no choice.
 Lust tried to work quickly, but he knew Greed would complain if he didn't do it professionly. He sighed heavily.  He hoped Greed didn't surprise the others, especially Corith.

Euthein
Image Temple Draculi
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 11/29/2008 4:54 AM

Okami watched as the Ssendrek called, Greed was it? a void carpetfang. She looked over the carpetfang a bit, Seems like he knows Lust She thought to herself. Okami arched her back like a cat and yawned, "You two seem to know each other" she said a bit after. "Your name is Greed, Is it?" Setsuki asked, a bit curious, to the Carpetfang. "If you mind that I'm asking, Why're you here?" Setsuki asked. Okami sat down watching the bridges that surrounded the platform, Each bridge will lead us to a new location.. But which bridge leads to which? She thought to herself and got a migrane from thinkind about it to much.
ImageImageImageImageImage
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext