Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

A Begining of a Journey{Closed}

Postby FWD » 11/02/2008 10:48 PM

((OOC: The title is just.. there. I didn't know what to name the thing and this is probably the first time I'm starting))

Temple FelloxName:Setsutsuki or Setsuki (set-sue-key) Gender:Female
Common YonyuuName:Okami Gender:Female

A temple Fellox hopped on the platform, her paws barely hovered the ground and slowly settled on. Looking left to right, she searched for a particular Yonyuu. Suddenly she jerked to the right as a Common Yonyuu landed flat next to her. "You could have given me a soft place to land!SetsuTsuki!" The Yonyuu whined. "I don't want to be something soft to be landed upon,Okami" The Fellox, or SetsuTsuki(Set-sue-key or Setsuki), replied. Okami, the Yonyuu, growled "Fine! be that way" she muttered immaturely. Setsuki gave a sideway glance to the Yonyuu.
Okami shivered as the glance was placed on her. Setsutsuki's eyes were
peircing. Slowly Okami stood on her paws and shook the dust off her fur and asked "Which way are we going?" "I have heard of a place called Basantha Shrine and I wish to go, but I do not know the way" Setsuki answered. "Ask for directions?" Okami asked once more. "yes.. If there is anyone here that is.." Setsuki replied scanning the area. "Do we have to go to the Shrine?" Okami asked slyly with a smile that matched. "We do not have to. But it is only a place I wish to go" Setsuki reminded and so they both search about together for anyone around.
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 247
Donate

Postby FWD » 11/03/2008 3:15 AM

((OCC:sorry for double posting, I'm really bored and this seems to be the only thing I can do!))

Setsuki searched about almost every corner of the platform. Up above was Okami, Gliding about enjoying the breeze.. and of course using her Keen-Eared Trait. After all that searching, they met in the middle. "I didn't find anything or anyone on this platform at all!" Okami reported. Setsuki sighed "I have not scented or seen a single living being on this deserted platform either" Okami and Setsuki sighed in unision. "what are we to do?" Setsuki asked to no one particular. "Do you think we should have stayed with our owner?" Okami asked. "The Owner said that we could go.. we promised in our own way we would come back after we explored the world a bit" Setsuki explained. The two layed side by side, next to a particular bridge they came from. Their pelts brushed one another's. "G'night" Okami whispered. Setsuki smiled as the younger pet fell asleep, she took her gaze off the Yonyuu and kept watch.
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby babymute » 11/03/2008 6:56 PM

Brooklynn the male candycorn Kuhna

I hope you don't mind my throwing my two darlings in here.  My second character will be posted probably after you post again, maybe even two more posts.  Sorry the post is so long... x.x

It was evening, shortly after dusk.  The night air was cool again his candy corn featured coat, colored to match the delicious pieces of heaven.  He enjoyed eating the candy very much and usually savored each piece.  Tonight, however, he had traveled without his matching candy bucket.  So far he was still ok, but by the time he headed home he knew he'd need a few pieces to give him a bit more energy.  That was really all he required to function.  Water was a necessity every now and again, but he could survive days without a drink if he had to.

The soft breeze was soothing after the disgustingly warm fall day.  For the time of year it was still very hot out, and it didn't suit him in the least.  His paws moved carefully across the dirt path as he leapt onto a rock then back to the ground.  He was easily amused and found that jumping from one object to another and back to the first again was quite a fun game, and rarely tired of it.

Whispering voices soon fell out before him, the scents following a moment after.  The only words he could understand, and the last it seemed, were good night wishes from one creature to the other.  Where they were he couldn't tell, and when he thought about it he couldn't even say where he was.  Lambastia Bridge was all he knew.  It was where he had been given to his owner, Mute.  She was quite the artsy character, full of energy and surprises.  She was also amusing and he enjoyed the little time he had spent with her so far.  But here he was again, just wander around where he had begun his journey a few weeks ago.

Following the scents, he finally managed to make his way to where they were.  Two creatures of complete difference stood in front of him.  The one standing watch was a species he knew very little about, and his color was even more unknown.  She was a temple fellox and she was quite the looker.  Unique and puzzling, he couldn't help but look at her for a few minutes before letting his eyes flow naturally to the second being.  This one he knew a lot better.  He lived with two of them back home.  Yonyuus were interesting creatures, and this one was a color he had never seen before today: common.  She was just as beautiful and unique as the fellox.

As he watched from the distance, he suddenly fell forward and landed a few yards away from them.  "Ooph!" was all he could manage to say.  Scratched and battered from the bushes he had fallen through, he shook his head vigorously and blinked.  "Sorry," he said after a couple of minutes.  His stare was a confused one and he couldn't help but realize his back hurt from landing on it.  Rolling onto his stomach he shook lightly, trying to free himself of the dirt and bushes shoved into his coat.
[center]
{01}
[center]Image
other adoptablesjournalwishlist

Image Image Image Image[/center]
babymute
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 58
Donate

Postby FWD » 11/03/2008 7:51 PM

(OOC: I'm editing alot, I don't know why, by the way Okami's a Common Yonyuu, not a Sky.)

Setsuki's ear's twitched torwards the noise and her gaze followed. Apearently a male Kuhna had fallen a few yards away from them and was apologizing. "There is nothing to apologize about.. Are you alright?" she spoke quitely. Thankfully even with Okami's good hearing, she just stirred and mumbled around in her sleep. Setsuki's eyes glowed in the night making them even more peircing, Hopefully no one would start panicking with a gaze that felt intense.

Not waiting for a reply, Setsuki stood and walked over to Okami placing her Nose at Okami's forhead "Wake up, young one." One of Okami's eyes shot open and a small yawn followed soon after. "Yeah?" Okami asked. "We have company.." Setsuki whispered. Okami immediately sat up, her eyes soon got used to the dark and spotted the male Kuhna. She was suprised to see his pelt. The color was amazing! She never saw a pelt that contained Orange of both light and dark. Setsuki, however, sat down next to her, waiting for the reply. Okami looked up at her, careful to ignore her eyes, she wondered why Setsuki wasn't suprised or amazed by his colored pelt. But Setsuki was a little amazed when she saw him,but she did not show it, thinking that it would be rude from past experiences with her eyes.
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby babymute » 11/04/2008 11:59 AM

Brooklynn the male candycorn Kuhna

Sorry 'bout the species mix-up.  It's been edited out.  This post won't be anywhere near as long as the last one.  My second character will be put in shortly.

Still a bit shaken he heard the voice of the fellox.  It was soothing and warm in a way, and he felt a bit relaxed when she said he shouldn't apologize.  "I'm fine, thanks.  Just a bit bruised up on my back now is all."  It was supposed to be funny, though his voice was nothing close to a funny tone.  He was in some pain, his back aching from where he fell on it.  As time rolled by the pain worsened, and soon he was showing that he was hurt.  "That was a nasty fall.  I don't suggest either of you doing it.  Not unless you enjoy pain and want a bruised body."  He still spoke with a blank voice, emotionless in a way.  Wishing so much that he had brought his candy, his eyes closed as he took a deep breath, wincing as he came to the peak of his breath before exhaling.

The little yonyuu was awake now and it was more than intrigued by Brooklynn's appearance.  "My owner won me for a riddle she knew the answer to.  I'm colored like candy corn.  And," he said with a momentary pause, "I wish I had my candy with me."  He let his butt fall to the floor with a soft woosh.  The sound was almost silent, as if his tail had been wagging vigorously enough to make noise.  "What're you two doing down here?" he asked suddenly, finding questions to be a fun little excuse for conversation.
[center]
{02}
[center]Image

babymute
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby babymute » 11/04/2008 12:13 PM

Moises the male glacial Slynx

And here's my second character.  Enjoy!

He slunk quietly along the path he had seen his new pen mate take.  The kuhna's scent was still strong on the path, so the male slynx was able to track him down very easily.  After almost an hour of doing nothing but walking he came to a stop and sighed.  Maybe he wasn't as good at tracking as he thought.  The wind was no where to be found and he couldn't tell which direction was what anymore.  With a thudding stomp of his foot he let his rump fall to the ground, thudding loudly.

It didn't take long for him to realize there were voices in the distance.  And he knew one of them quite well.  "Thankfully I'm not that much of a dud," he thought lightly, a brow rising as his feet began to walk again.  The adolescent wasn't use to failure, and in since he had begun traveling he hadn't made a mistake.  "And this doesn't count as one,"he told himself in a reassuring way.  He knew very well that no mistake had been made, but that he had almost given up on himself for not being able to find his way right off the bat.

Walking quietly, the small creature twisted himself this way and that, avoiding contact with any and all objects in his way.  He reached the landing that Brooklynn had fallen at, not realizing there was a sloping drop.  Before long he too fell down the hill and landed right next to the kunha.  "Ow..." he said with a kid-like whine.  "That hurt..." he thought with a sad expression on his face.
[center]
{04}
[center]Image

babymute
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 11/04/2008 9:04 PM

(OOC:The post is really messed up, sorry)
Setsuki just smiled at the Candycorn Kuhna. Silently she walked over and placed her nose on his back,using healing touch,she soothed the pain. Before sitting next to her companion again she whispered "You're voice lies about Pain, but your eyes tell the truth. I hope that makes you feel better" When Setsuki reached her friend, Okami decided to finally speak "Well.. My name is Okami and this is-" she pointed to Setsuki with her tail "Setsuki, and we're here because we want to explore a few of the world's places" she answered the Kuhna's question."Now, It's your turn to tell the story, What's your name? and Why are you here?"Okami Jumped, startled, with her eyes wide in suprise when a Male glacial Slynx landed next to the Kuhna.Okami settled once she knew he was no threat..Hopefully. Setsuki's eyes just glitered with amusement. "And another comes through the same way" she whispered to herself
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby alienationgrave » 11/05/2008 7:25 PM

Lust
Ssendrek
Envy
Dreamsnare Battleheart

Envy flew high above the desert platform with Lust on his back.  They were heading toward the other side of Lambastia, and their last stop was Basantha, where they could take shelter at one of its shrines for the night.

Envy veered off to the right, where there was a drop-down in the platform.  That was one of his mental markings for the land so he could find his way back.  He noticed four pets sitting there, two of them with dusty coats.

"They must have slid off," chuckled Lust to his partner.  Envy smiled back.  Soon,  they were not faraways from the group.
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 559
Donate

Postby FWD » 11/05/2008 11:35 PM

Okami's ears twitched,She heard Flapping of a gaint animal.Not taking off her suspicous gaze off the Slynx,she whispered to Setsuki. "I hear someone flying near us.. and it's getting louder" She anounced quietely to the Temple Fellox. Setsuki slowly nodded, Hopefully the pet would not be  an enemy,or at least she hoped. Okami Finally took her stare off the Slynx and started looking around above for the flying source. Setsuki, in the other hand, sat there Embracing herself for what will come. Using Thought-Speech she tried to contact the one who flew. "Friend or Foe?" she thought. Hopefully the message reached to the one she asked.
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby alienationgrave » 11/21/2008 5:24 PM

Envy's head twitched as someone telemessaged him.
'Friend,' he replied.

"Something the matter?" LUst asked.
"No.  The Yonyuu down there just telemessaged me if we were friend or foe."

Lust looked amused.  "Let's land.  You need a break anyways."
Envy lowered down.  The sand below him blew sideways with each flap of his powerful wings.  Slowly, he landed near the group of pets.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 11/21/2008 8:23 PM

'friend' Setsuki heard in her head and nodded as dust blew around and a giant dreamsnare battleheart landed. Okami in the other hand yelped in suprise as dust blew all over her. "These are Friends not Foe.. Do not attack them" Setsuki warned, but Okami growled, She wanted revenge since the dusty encounter, but only glared. Setsuki sighed, This would kill the pup one day. Okami's eyes darted to a red and black figure. They weren't the glare but she obsereved him. By the way he looked, he was a Ssendrek. She heard of those from Fairytails that the Symona would tell, that lived back at home. She gazed at him curiously. Setsuki watched the Ssendrek as well, but quickly locked it with the BattleHeart. "I am Setsuki and this is" she was interupted as Okami stood and anouned her name herself. "My name is Okami" her voice was distant and her gaze followed to the Ssendrek. Is she in love or suspicous? Setsuki asked herself, but observing her closely, Okami's eyes glittered with Suspicion.
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kayle » 11/22/2008 8:55 PM

Hey, mind if I join?

Image Temple Albie
Corith, the timid male temple albie.

Corith sighed and popped open one eye.  Why did people have to be so dang LOUD and make so much NOISE?  The temple albie butted his horns against the tree he was laying under in frustration.  Was he the only one in the forest that was thinking about sleep?  There was a lull in the noise, and Corith settled down to sleep again, only to be interrupted by what sounded like a tornado landing in the clearing nearby.  He sighed again.  Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  Corith stood and yawned, then picked his way through the undergrowth toward the clearing, cursing his short stature as his horns got caught up in the brambles again and again.  The luminous blue streaks and lines in his fur did little to help him along.  Finally, he emerged into the clearing, and almost fled in terror.  They were all so BIG...  Except for the kuhna on the other side of the clearing.  He was pretty small, but still...  Corith took a cautious step backward, meaning to slip into the forest.  There was a sudden, loud *CRACK* as he stepped on a dry stick.
I won't go down alone,
But I'll go down with my friends.
-My Chemical Romance, "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison."

[center]Image Temple Albie[/center]
kayle
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 243
Donate

Postby alienationgrave » 11/22/2008 10:13 PM

Lust noticed Okami looking at him.  He looked back at her.  Lust jumped off of Envy's back and landed gracefully beside him.

"My name is Lust, and this is my partner, Envy," Lust replied.
Just then, he heard a crack, and he snapped his head in the direction of the sound.  There, in a nearby bush, was a temple albie.  Lust relaxed.

'Keep an eye on him,' Lust telemessaged Envy.
'No problem,' Envy replied.

Lust looked back towards Setsuki and Okami.  Okami looked as if she didn't like him at all.  Her fur was coated with dust.  He chuckled and smiled.  This was sure one wierd group.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FWD » 11/23/2008 1:14 AM

"Nice to meet you" Okami growled as they introduced each other. Setsuki tapped her tail on Okami's shoulder, whispering, "Okami, show some respect" Okami sighed followed by Setsuki's. A crack sounded and both heads snapped to the sound. Their gaze were lead to a male Albie. Okami's same suspicous gaze apeared once again. Observing him from top to bottom Okami took a glance to Setsuki. They're Both temple animals.. Okami thought to herself. Setsuki's face was blank and Okami absoutly did not want to read her eyes about what she was feeling. "Shall we introduce ourselves again?" Setsuki smiled. Okami changed her gaze into a blank one and her eyes were as if she was deep in thought. Once her mind was made up, she shrugged. Setsuki stood and Introduced themselves, "I am Setsuki, and this is Okami."
FWD
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kayle » 11/24/2008 9:54 AM

Corith tried to make himself smaller than usual under the gaze of the huge battleheart.  He shook a bit, then managed to draw his eyes away from the dragon.  He heard two of the other big pets introduce themselves as
Setsuki and Okami.  Corith took a deep breath and introduced himself.  What else could he do?  "I-I'm C-Corith."  He stammered.  He moved farther into the clearing.  He stumbled nervously toward the fellox and yonyuu, staying clear of the battleheart and the ssendrek.  He huddled behind Setsuki.  She was temple, at least, and he figured he could trust her, if no one else.
I won't go down alone,
But I'll go down with my friends.
-My Chemical Romance, "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison."

[center]Image Temple Albie[/center]
kayle
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 243
Donate

Next