Be it to the north or south, Basantha is characterized by harsh climates most Lambastians prefer not to trek. To the north are the frigid Fe'gan Mountains, Lambastia's highest and coldest peaks. Further south you'll encounter the arid expanse of the Wilt'no Desert, where most life only comes out during the night. Travelers find little escape to the west, even though the Tuun Mountains aren't quite as harsh.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha

Starting out, sneaking away (closed)

Postby Skyspirit » 11/13/2008 4:45 PM

Image Image Image

A temple Gyrraptor stood at the edge of the platform. He looked out at Lambastia, trying to decide which way to go. Behind him, he could hear the Tali and the Ferrikoon that agreed to go with him. Chaos. It figured.

The chaos Tali leaped around the platform. "Hey, Bandit!" she called. "Do you think there's anyone else up here?" She was really excited. Skyspirit had let Echo go to the Basantha shrine, and she had let them go with the temple Gyrraptor!

"Who cares?" said Bandit. The ferrikoon flew lazily overhead, then swooped down to land next to the Tali. "Zatha, you know what? Echo just happens to be looking away from us. You know what that means? We could slip away, and go wherever we wanted to! We wouldn't have to go to the shrine."

Zatha was confused. "But, Bandit, Sky said that we had to--"

"Never mind what Sky said!" interrupted Bandit. He was getting really excited now. "Who cares? Seriously, do you want to go to that shrine? We can go anywhere we want to!"
"But Bandit--" protested Zatha, who he was getting slightly annoyed with.
"Come on!" he said. "Let's go, before Echo notices we're going!"
"Okay....." agreed the tali hesitantly. Bandit quickly swooped out of sight, and checked to make sure Zatha was folloing.

Echo turned back toward the two chaos pets, only to find that they had disapeared.
"Zatha? Bandit?" he called with his mind. He tried to reach out to communicate with them, but his conciousness barely brushed their thoughts before the contact faded away. He wasn't very good at communicating telepathecly yet. He decided that he had to go search for them. That was what Sky would want him to do, before he continued toward the shrine. Why Sky had let them come with him in the first place was a mystery. He turned to go search for them, his strange blue eyes glowing.
Skyspirit
Pets | Items

Postby Skyspirit » 11/14/2008 4:06 PM

Zatha followed Bandit quietly away into the shadows near on side of the platform. "I'll come with you, but are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, Skyspirit's going to be really mad...." Zatha's tail twitched nervously.
"Of course it's a good idea! Like I said, do you seriously want to go to that shrine? And who cares what Sky will say?"
The chaos Tali twitched her ears. "I guess..... okay. But where will we go?"

Bandit was glad that Zatha had finally stopped worrying about it.
"I don't know. Is there a map or something?"
Zatha merely shrugged.
"Okay...." thought the chaos ferrikoon out loud. "Either we need to find a map, or we need to find somebody to tell us where to go. And we need to stay out of sight of Echo."
Cautiously, he spread his wings and fluttered slightly into the air.
"Echo's looking the other way....." he relayed back to Zatha. "I see a small sign over there, it could be a map or something. We could sneak over while he isn't looking."

"Okay," the tali agreed. "But you'd better go by yourself. You're better at staying hidden than I am."
She watched Bandit swoop silenty through the air. She hoped they weren't caught. Skyspirit was going to be really mad....
I'd better stop thinking about that, thought Zatha. This is going to be fun. We can do whatever we want! Bandit's right.

The chaos ferrikoon landed next to the sign, and looked back to see if Echo could see him. The temple gyrraptor was looking the other way, but Bandit could see the blue lines on his stone-like body glowing ominously. It's not just going to be Skyspirit who will be mad..... he thought. Echo's not going to be very happy either if he finds us. But who cares? I won't get caught.
He turned back to look at the sign. As he hoped, it was a map. He could see different places in Lambastia, but he had no idea what the different places were called. He fluttered back to the chaos tali.
"Hey Zatha, can you read?"

Zatha looked at the chaos ferrikoon with barely concealed impatience.
"I thought you could read."
"Nope. It is a map, though, at least. We can still pick somewhere that looks nice."
"Well then, what are we waiting for?" asked the tali. Cautiously, she crept over to the map.

Echo kept searching for the missing chaos pets. Why couldn't he find them? They must be better at hiding than he thought. He wanted to find them quickly, so he could go to the shrine. He had a feeling answers were waiting for him there. What answers, he didn't know. He didn't even know what questions. But he felt he had to go there.
But first, he had to find the two chaos pets.
Skyspirit
Pets | Items

Postby Skyspirit » 11/18/2008 4:17 PM

Echo paused, thinking he sensed movement over to his right. But when he turned, there was no one there. Why had Zatha and Bandit left? They had said that they wanted to come with him. It was all very confusing....
He decided he should find someone to help him look for the two pets. Maybe they could go with him on his journey, too, or at least he might find a companion. The two chaos pets were too.... chaotic. He wished they hadn't come, that someone else had volunteered. Maybe Zhira, the void Serraptor... but it didn't matter. He just had to get to the shrine. He would have left without the chaos pets, but Skyspirit had told him to keep track of them. And something told him that he should listen to her....

Bandit peered at the map of Lambastia.
"Okay, Skyspirit said the shrine was in the mountains. So, we should head away from the mountains. Maybe we should go to some city... But what do the cities look like on this map?"
Zatha shrugged.
"I don't know.... maybe we should just pick a bridge heading away from the mountains, and see where we end up?"
"Maybe...." muttered Bandit. "Okay, lets just pick a bridge."
He fluttered away from the map, then looked to his left. Echo was standing there, looking right at him.
"Uh-oh....."

Zatha ran out of her hiding place and charged across the platform. She didn't want to get caught! "Bandit, we have to find somewhere to hide. I don't want to go to the shrine, or get in trouble!"
"I know!" said the chaos ferrikoon. Zatha folloed Bandit as he dodged under a railing and behind one of the shops that stood on the platform.
"Do you think he knows where we are?" she whispered.

Echo was beginning to get very frustrated with the two chaos pets. Why did they have to make this so hard? The obvious, logical thing to do would be to come with him, wouldn't it? He was so confused....
Skyspirit
Pets | Items

Postby alienationgrave » 11/24/2008 8:41 PM

((mind if i join?))

Kira
Blood Kasuga

Kira trotted slowly along the platform.  He was a bit lost.  He knew there was a map somewhere around here by these shops.  He just knew, but he couldn't find it.  

"Where, where, ah!" Kira gasped as he found the sign. "There it is you sly dog."
Kira bounded over to the sign where the map was posted.
"Let's see..." Kira said to himself. "Where to now...Basantha Shrines...Terrace Park....hmm.." He was still thinking when he smelled some presence nearby.

"Ahh, that smell, chaotic blood." He turned around and sniffed.  There were two beings, and one was his favorite: Chaos Ferrikoon.
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 559
Donate

Postby Skyspirit » 11/25/2008 3:40 PM

(of course you can join! ^_^ ^_^)

Bandit suddenly stopped talking, hearing another creature close by.
'oh sure, he can read.' grumbled the ferrikoon under his breath.
"Hey Zatha, you want to go talk to him?"

"Sure..." replied the tali a little hesitantly.
She followed Bandit as he approached the Kasuga. He was better with other people, she decided to let him do the talking.

"Hey there," called Bandit as he fluttered over to the Kasuga. "What's your name?" He wore a mischievous smile, fluttering around the Kasuga's head. Either the kasuga could help them, or Bandit was going to have fun. Perhaps both. He didn't really care what happened. The blue fire unnerved him a bit, but it didn't seem to be very warm, for fire.
"You decided where you're going yet?"

Echo heard talking, and turned to see Bandit and Zatha talking with some blood kasuga. He decided he should go talk to them. Hopfully they wouldn't run away this time. He just wanted to get to the shrine. This was taking far longer than neccisary, in his opinion.
Skyspirit
Pets | Items

Postby alienationgrave » 11/25/2008 4:35 PM

(( :lol: ))

Kira was still studying the map and shifting his head from side to side when the two chaos pets he smelled approached him.  They asked him his name and destination.

"Kirraaa..."he replied, voice low and deep, like a zombie or dead pet.  He could tell the ferrikoon was a bit disturbed by him.  All the better, he thought. Easy prey.
"Iiii'mmm loookkiinggg fffoooorr mmmyyyy ffrriieendssss," Kira said. "Ttthheyy'rree sooomeewwhhheerree....."

Kira eyed the two pets.  Ooh, they looked delicious alright.  They would definitely provide him with enough blood to sustain his hunger for now.  He hadn't noticed the Temple pet yet; Kira was too concentrated on how to get his meal.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skyspirit » 11/25/2008 6:39 PM

oo-kay... thought Bandit. Kira was eyeing him a little strangly... Bandit shrugged off the feeling.
"You know which bridge leads to the Grand Cathedral?" he asked.

Zatha looked around nervously. "um... Bandit... maybe we should get going...." she stammered. "And what do you mean, the Cathedral? I don't want to go there!" she hissed under her breath. "It's full of darkness!"
The chaos Tali was getting a bad feeling about the kasuga, Kira. Something about him was making her really nervous....

Bandit shot her a look from narrowed eyes. "trust me," he hissed back. "It'll be fine." And where was her sense of fun? Even if the kasuga couldn't help them, they could still have some fun here, couldn't they?
He turned back to Kira, to await his answer.

Echo slowed as he approached the three pets. The kasuga seemed dangerous, somehow. And Skyspirit said he was supposed to look after the tali and the ferrikoon. He wasn't sure what to do... for now, he simply stood and waited.
Skyspirit
Pets | Items

Postby alienationgrave » 11/25/2008 7:00 PM

Kira chuckled deeply.

"Hohoooo.... offf coouurssee I dooo..." Kira replied. "Yooouu waanntt too goo theerree yyoounngg ooonnee.... I suuggeesstt youuu nottt, unnlesss yoouuu wannttt too bee foood...."

Kira chuckled again. He kept staring at Bandit.  Grand Cathedral...the best place to capture these two... Kira was delighted.  Of course he knew the way over there.  It was probably the place that he knew best.

The temple pet hasn't moved yet.  Kira had figured out it was a gyrraptor.  Easy enough for him; dead pet vs. live pet.  He chuckled again.  This is going to be fuunnnn~~

"Ifff yooouu wooulllddd lliiikee, I'lll taaakee yoouuu oovvverr therrree...." Kira suggested.
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skyspirit » 11/25/2008 7:32 PM

"okay," said Bandit. "Sure, why don't you show us the way?" he was pleased. Even if the kasuga seemed a little weird, they were going to some place other than that stupid shrine.

"Bandit....." the chaos Tali's voice was hesitant. "I really, really, don't think this is a good idea...." she wasn't very happy with the idea of going to the cathedral, especially with the kasuga.

Bandit shot her another look. At this rate, she was going to lose them thier help. "Zatha, it'll be fine. Come on."
He turned back to the kasuga. "Come on, lets go!" he fluttered around in anticcipation.

Echo was nervous now. He had to follow the chaos pets, he knew, but it felt wrong, going to the grand cathedral. It was so dark there.... and he wanted to go to the shrine....
Skyspirit
Pets | Items

Postby alienationgrave » 11/25/2008 7:43 PM

Kira chuckled darkly.
"Thiisss waaayyy...."he said, and began walking southeast.  From where they are, the trek to the Grand Cathedral isn't long, maybe 1 or 2 days of walking.  Once there, he can fully enjoy his meal.  

As he walked, he looked to see if the two pets had followed along.  After walking a few steps, he suddenly stopped.  Kira just remembered something.  The grounds of the Grand Cathedral were claimed by his mortal enemy, a hollow werecain.  Kira was a bit frustrated by this, but then, he thought of an idea.

What if I gave one of these chaos pets to him?  Ohhhh... he'd like that alright...Kira smiled to himself.  He didn't like giving up one of them, but then again, if he wanted his life....at least he still got one pet to himself.  Besides, the werecain might prefer the temple gyrraptor over these two.....
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skyspirit » 11/26/2008 2:58 PM

Bandit fluttered after Kira, checking once and a while to make sure Zatha was following. He hoped Echo didn't try to stop them. He wanted to explore somewhere new, somewhere where he could find his own way of doing things. And if Zatha was willing, she could come with him. He hoped Echo would just give up and go to the shrine.

Zatha was still nervous about going to the cathedral, but she still followed as the ferrikoon and the kasuga made their way onto the bridge. She would trust Bandit, she decided. If he thought they should go, she would follow.

Echo stared after the pets as they started to cross the bridge. He couldn't follow them, but he had to. It made no sense. It was like the shrine was calling him, but he couldn't heed the call. He had to put his loyalty to Skyspirit first. He would follow them to the cathedral, and then go to the shrine. Cautiously he stepped onto the bridge and followed the chaos pets and the kasuga, carefull to stay a ways back from them.
Skyspirit
Pets | Items

Postby alienationgrave » 11/26/2008 7:05 PM

Kira was getting restless.  He was still nervous about the werecain that awaited him in the grand cathedral lands. The two pets seemed to follow him happily, while the temple pet is being cautious.  

As he crossed the bridge, he sighted a pet off in the distance.  It looked a lot like a gyrophant.  Sebastian maybe?  Kira knew he said he was exploring somewhere around here.  As he got closer, the gyrophant was indeed his friend Sebastian.

"Seeebaassttiannn....."Kira called out to the venom gyrophant.
"Ho ho... Isn't this Kira? What are you doing out here? I thought you were heading to Basantha," the gyrophant said.
"Welll.....IIII  juuustttt wanntteedd too hellpp  soommee ffrrieeendss oouttt...." Kira replied.
"Oh," the gyrophant replied as he looked over at the two chaos pets. "Where you heading?"
"Grraanndd  Caatttheedrrall...."
The Gyrophant blinked.
"Grand Cathedral? You out visiting Ciel?"
"Weelllll...nnooott exxxacctlly...." Kira eyed the gyrophant.  "Waaanttt too cooomee alloonngg?"
Kira knew that luck was on his side.  The Hollow werecain won't attack him with Sebastian nearby.  The werecain knew better than that.

Sebastian
Venom Gyrophant
alienationgrave
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skyspirit » 11/27/2008 10:00 AM

A venom gyrophant?
Zatha wasn't sure what to think of their new companion. He was really big. Either that was good thing, and would mean they would be safe from things that wanted to attack them, or it was a really, really bad thing, because it could mean that they were dead if the gyrophant decided to attack. But gyrophants were ussually gentle though, right? And kasugas.....
But she still got a bad feeling, especially about the kasuga. Kira just didn't seem trustworthy. But maybe Bandit was better at reading people than she was. He was going to trust them, so she would too.

Bandit looked up to see a venom gyrophant. Was he going to the cathedral too? He said his name was Sebastian. Well, maybe it would be good to have him along. He would probably scare off anything that wanted to attack them, so that was good. Bandit quickly followed the other two pets along the bridge, the sooner they got to the cathedral, the better.

(ooc: I'm making a thread in the Grand Cathedral now)
Skyspirit
Pets | Items