Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

Out of the Shadows || .:Open:.

Postby Nemesis » 11/14/2009 2:29 PM

Stepping out from the shadows casted by the tall trees, appeared a draculi followed by a chombones. The draculi squinted her eyes and sat in the middle of a clearing. There were many bridges veering off in different directions. She was favoring two over the other. Desuna consist of plains and forests. Here, she would be able to fly around practically unnoticed. Basantha had a range of mountains but with the temperatures she would only be able to move during the day. She knew that if she were to go to Basantha she would have to gather food to take. Desuna would make it easy to find food. She figured she knew which one she would choose first, but she sat there soaking in the warmth of the sun. She figured someone would come along that she could talk to until nightfall.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Nemesis
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 118
Donate

Re: Out of the Shadows || .:Open:.

Postby Nemesis » 11/15/2009 2:23 AM

Marcellos began to feel slightly impatient. "When will we be leaving," he asked Jaugustus. ~Soon enough, my young one,~[/i] came the reply through his thoughts. He still found it slightly odd that Jaug (Jag) didn't speak out loud. Every time he has asked her she'd simply tell him [i]'it is physically impossible', but he wasn't sure if that was the whole case. He has seen her actually talking to beings from afar. But every time he neared, the being would disappear. He looked to his right, and nearly jumped out of his skin. There was a creature standing right next to him. He looked over at Jaug and saw her right ear was twitching again. He could tell she didn't notice the being, but she could sense it. Her ear always twitched when spirits were around. Marcellos happened to be able to see and communicate with spirits. This particular spirit looked much like him, only with a black and white striped pelt. Mimebones. The mimebones was looking directly at him. "Did you need something?" Marcellos asked this spirit, but it must not have been expecting him to notice it was there. It suddenly turned and ran away. ~Another spirit friend?~ came the voice in his head of his beloved Jaug. "I guess he isn't much of a friend..." Marcellos trailed off.
Nemesis
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 11/15/2009 4:11 AM

Clippity cloppity! Scritch scratch ,scritch stratch! Clippity cloppity! The leumoo's approach could be heard clearly from quite a ways away. Raphael - or Kin, as he was occasionally called - was on his way to... Somewhere. He wouldn't say where, no matter how his father insisted. His golden eyes roamed about, taking in the scenery without much of a care at all. He pranced - yes, pranced - along, merry as could be, without a care in the world for the time being. He let out a contented sigh as she spotted a Mr. Wilson flying past. A little odd, but not bizarre.

Then he saw a semi-translucent mimebones. Now that was a little bizarre. Now, why on earth is there a spirit here, of all places? Of course, seeing any sort of spirit in general is perfectly normal. Seeing one on a bridge, however, isn't. Of course. Raphael decided that he'd ask the two pets sitting near the aforementioned spirit if they knew of any mimebones; that would explain a few things. His odd walking song faded as he neared the chombones and draculi, and his head angled downward to face them.

Excuse me, His british-accented voice rang out, not in the least hesitant. Yes, british; no one knows why his family still has that. Pardon my intrusion, but would either of you happen to know any mimebones? He tilted his head like a dog, golden eyes innocent and questioning. His eyes almost looked innocent and adorable; he supposed he'd gotten that from his mother, since his father's eyes constantly changed with his emotions, like normal creatures. Not that he knew what his eyes looked like; why would he care? It's not like he cared what others thought of him; that would be very bad for one with his occupation. Really, who says polite things about one who has death as their supreme employer?

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby Nemesis » 11/15/2009 1:31 PM

Jaugusta looked up at the loud sounds being made by a creature from a distance. She squinted her eyes to observe the being. It noticed something on the bridge before it gave any notice to her or Marcellos. -Another spirit communicator, ey?- She knew there was a spirit here. She could feel it. Not to mention Marcellos had spoken to it. -A Leumoo spirit communicator. How interesting.- The Leumoo was walking right up to them, but Jaugusta didn't move. He wasn't a threat to her, she could sense that. But Marcellos seemed a bit iffy. Her eyes widened a bit as she heard his accent. -An English accent?- She gave herself a short moment to remember any mimebones. ~A mimebones, huh? No, I don't personally know of any. How long has your family carried that accent?~ She spoke to his thoughts.
Nemesis
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Nemesis » 11/15/2009 1:51 PM

Marcellos watched as the spirit ran off and then saw a leumoo walking towards them. He didn't like the looks of him. Something about him seemed... odd. Jaugusta seemed indifferent once again. He trotted to her side and sat down. When he heard the leumoo speak he had to try his hardest not to laugh. His eyes began to water he wanted to laugh so badly. ~Be nice,~ came Jaugusta's voice again. He rolled his eyes and bit his tongue. Soon the laughter eased away. He took a deep breathe and realized what he had said. -A mimebones? How would he...- his thoughts trailed off as he noticed the mimebones standing just behind the leumoo. "I don't understand why it runs when I try and talk to it," he half mumbled out loud.
Nemesis
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 11/15/2009 5:04 PM

Raphael was a bit confused by the draculi's response. She wasn't even answering his question, but instead chose to give him a different one to answer. Oh well, he didn't mind; he was asked that quite a bit.

Oh, the accent? His eyes moved to look at the sky as he thought. Well, I think it's been in my family as long as it's been around. I couldn't tell you, ma'am; my family's been around a long time. Maybe you've heard of us? Kinstle's angel delivery? I'm sure you haven't, unless you've had a funeral recently. He let out a somewhat nervous chuckle, and almost missed the chombones' comment. His chuckle immediately died, and his ears perked up. He lowered his head in a - failed - attempt to view the chombones at eye level.

I'm sorry, sah, Because british say that instead of "sir", of course. But did you say something about that mimebones running a lot? So you see him - or her - often? Well, this was interesting! Someone else that could see those who had died long ago, but could not yet leave this world! Sure, it wasn't exactly a rare thing for them to see spirits, but talking to them was another thing. Oh, what fun they could have! Well, no, they probably wouldn't have much fun. But still, it was nice to know someone like himself.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Nemesis » 11/15/2009 7:27 PM

Jaugusta shook her head as he spoke. ~ No, I have not heard of Kinstel's Angel Delivery. I haven't had a funeral in...~ She trailed off realizing what she was saying. ~What exactly is Kinstel's Angel Delivery?~ she asked as to distract him from what she had said. She noticed the sun slowly descending the sky. She loved the night, and her spirits rose. Soon she would begin her adventure in new land. She let Marcellos and... She just realized she hadn't asked this leumoo's name. She began to ponder names for this being. She always likes to guess at names of random beings. It is an odd enjoyment of hers. When she noticed the two had stopped talking. ~Sir, forgive me for not introducing my friend and I. My name is Jaugusta and this..." Flicking her tail in Marcellos's direction, "...is Marcellos. I hail from Rome, and he from Morocco. What might your name be?~
Nemesis
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Nemesis » 11/15/2009 7:38 PM

Marcellos smiled as the Leumoo said 'sah' instead of sir. It was the least he could do to keep himself from laughing. "I have only seen this creature once, which is here. But, I normally have no problems talking to spirits. They usually never run from me. He's the first to act like that I suppose," he said more clearly. He used his head and eyes to kind of imply that the spirit was still here, and that it was right behind the leumoo. It was quite annoying having to call him the leumoo, but he didn't feel like asking his name. Didn't actually care to know it. For all he knew this could be the one time to ever talk to him.
Nemesis
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 11/15/2009 11:11 PM

Lucky for Jaugusta, the pride of the family business had been passed down to Raphael, so he was more than happy to devote his attention to this subject. He beamed with pride and puffed out his chest as he preached about the family business.

Kinstle's Angel Delivery is an age-old family business; since Raphael Kinstle deviated from his father's occupation of a gravedigger, the family has been pulling the old Kinstle hearse; as of my birth, the business has lasted six generations! There will plenty more generations of the business to come, I assure you! He gave a great big nod, and stood prouder - if that was even possible. His stance faltered as the draculi introduced herself and her friend.

Oh, dear! He said, startled. How rude of me! I'm Raphael Kinstle VI, it's very nice to meet you, Miss Jaugusta, Mister Marcellos. Wow, Rome and Moracco! I bet you've got quite some stories up your sleeves! He looked like a puppy waiting for its master to hand over the squeaky ball that they kept squeezing, just to make the puppy more eager. He then turned to Marcellos. Hm, I don't really talk to all the spirits I see; I'd rather not look any creepier. I talk to them when I'm in the graveyards, of course; it'd be very rude not to talk to them there, when I'm the guest in their eternal homes. He noted the gesture and turned to look at the mimebones as he was finishing. Indeed, there it was. He gave a small wave and matching grin, as he often did when he saw a spirit in a sparsely populated area. He watched to see if it would return his gestures in some way; perhaps it would simply run off again? He wasn't able to say.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 12/16/2009 10:25 PM

He watched sadly as the ghostly mimebones ran away again, leaving him with the other two pets. Kin turned to them and watched for any reactions. When he got none, he decided to simply look around him. Observe the environment, or something. He watched a Mr. Wilson fly by, probably carrying a message or something, Kin supposed.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chacal » 12/29/2009 2:11 PM

Thump. Boing. Squeak. Thump. Scratch.
Moving all too erratically for a machine, the clockwork yonyuu bounced forward, the mechanisms inside of him emitting squeaks and clicks all the while. Sometimes, a screw would come loose on his body and clink to the ground, but he payed no attention if he noticed. On his face was an expression of utter joy.
Echo seemed a bit... defective.
With a yelp of joy, Echo noticed the others. His eyes light up with excitement, and he raced over, shedding more screws, and even a plate of metal.
Every time you don't click the egg, a puppy dies. Please, think of the puppies!

http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11888
M.. m-my wishlist, click...?
Chacal
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 145
Donate

Postby Rabid » 12/29/2009 3:29 PM

Kin was relieved to see the defective yonyuu; hopefully this one wouldn't just freeze up on him. His relief quickly turned to concern at the creature's odd movement and quite obvious destruction. He watched as the screws and metal fell, wondering how the yonyuu had lasted this long without simply falling into a heap of parts.

Sir, are you quite alright? He prompted as the canine neared. You seem to be losing bits and pieces at an alarming rate! He glanced behind the other creature to observe the mess. Really, it was a little staggering. All those screws... Something else was bound to pop off, right? Or maybe clockworks shed bits of themselves, like other pets shed fur? He didn't know. They only had a couple of mechanical pets, and he certainly never saw them; he had no reason to, really.

4/55

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chacal » 12/29/2009 4:43 PM

Bright eyed, Echo plopped down in front of the leumoo. A small plate on his back fell to the ground with a dull thud.
"Hey-a! Nice to see someone not as beotian as the usual folk. I use many tricky words, in case you're wondering. Meant to say you're not as dull as the usual folk, bu..."
The information that the leumoo had asked him a question before finally reached his mechanical brain. Echo grinned and changed his topic mid-sentance.
"...I often get concern over my state, but I suppose I patch myself up again if I feel a bit bogglish about my state. I'm made up of a chiliad of different things you know... mostly metal. And some glue- sometimes I glue myself back together."

(Bogglish- uncertain
Chiliad- thousand)

Chacal
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 12/29/2009 8:28 PM

lol, fun words. xD

Kin took a moment to process what the yonyuu had said. Luckily, he knew how to infer. Yes, shocking, we know.

So, you're not going to just turn into a pile of bits and pieces? He asked, more to help assure himself that he understood what had been said. Well, that's good! I'm Raphael Kinstle VI, an you might be...? He gestured toward the yonyuu with his hoof, just in case he didn't know it was his turn to speak. Hopefully, he wouldn't need that gesture, but you never know.

5/55

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chacal » 12/29/2009 9:35 PM

"I- oh, you mean my name! Yes! Of course!"
He barked warningly a couple of times, until his brain realized that the proper response was to chuckle. Completely unembarrassed, he shut his mouth, and after a bit of though added:
"My transmittors seem to be defective. Makes me seem like quite the doolally , eh? Yes, you were asking about my name. Echo. That's my name. I assure you it is."
At this point, he even cast a worried glance at Raphael to make sure that he believed Echo was his name.

Chacal
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Next