Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

Egg Appreciation Day [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/12/2020 10:03 PM

He wasn't all too dedicated to this particular game. He wouldn't call it his favorite. But it wasn't bad to kill time. Besides, Zev had the bad habit of wanting to be good at all of the many MMORPGs that he decided to try his hand at, unless they were entirely unbearably boring or some such.

So when he first logged into his account, he was met with a pop up window, informing him of the game's newest event.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Egg Appreciation Day [Self] [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/12/2020 10:08 PM

"Egg Appreciation Day," he read the title of the event, unenthusiastic ally.

Reading over the details, it was very obviously based on the holiday that some called "Easter," but in order to be friendly toward different beliefs and the likes, they called it be a different name. The basic concept was the same as an Easter egg hunt. In fact, it wasn't that much different at all.

Players could find eggs scattered around the world of the game, which rewarded various prizes.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/12/2020 10:12 PM

The more eggs one found, the better the prize options, over all. Some of the eggs were just worth points that would help the player net prizes. Other eggs, however, would reward prizes of their own. Some rarer eggs, worth the highest amount of points or with the best prizes, dropped from monsters. The concept was pretty straightforward.

It wasn't much different from other Easter themed events that he had participated in over the years in many other games.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/12/2020 10:17 PM

"I guess it's worth participating in, though," Zev decided. Even if it wasn't a particularly interesting or different event, it still broke up the usual rhythm of the game. Which wasn't bad, every once in awhile. He was at least somewhat curious about the potential prizes, as well.

Reading over the details one more time, he confirmed the dates of the event. It would run for exactly one week long. Today was the first day, so he had the full length of the time.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/12/2020 10:20 PM

Zev had last logged off in the safety of a tavern, where characters gained a temporary experience buff for being well rested, even while offline. Of course, the exchange was a small amount of in game currency to "rent," a tavern room. It cost very little, so the exchange of currency was really only there for flavor.

Before doing anything else, he brought up his character window, double checking his current stats and equipped items and gear.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/12/2020 10:22 PM

He was close to leveling up.

That was actually uncommon for Zev. That was, when he was so close to leveling up, he usually kept grinding until he did level before logging off, even if he was tired. But he remembered that it was his friend, Avario, that had dragged him away from the game the other day, when he had last logged in to play.

So that made it easy. He would go and beat up some monsters.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/12/2020 10:24 PM

It was a common theme for Zev to play a character that used blades of some sort.

Depending on the game, the classes and races occasionally changed up, but he was the sort that usually aimed for high damage, at the cost of lower health and defense. In order to best stay alive, he required gear that really gave him extra buffs to his stats. In particular, he was fond of weapons that had some sort of life draining buffs.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/12/2020 10:28 PM

It was no different in this game, really.

Closing out his character window, Zev exited out of his tavern room, made his way downstairs, and quickly out of the tavern. A symbol displayed on the screen indicated that he was significantly rested.

Rather than being in a full town or city, he had entered the tavern that was basically just a crossroads station. There were only two other little buildings, huts, really, that had either the most basic of merchant NPCs or quest NPCs.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/12/2020 10:30 PM

He'd only just stepped out of the tavern, though, when he spotted a bright purple egg on the screen, just paces away from his character, which stood very much in contrast with the dusty browns of the beaten path displayed as part of the usual setting of the game. He frowned slightly.

It seemed that this would be all too easy. But if eggs were this easy to locate, over all, it likely meant that one had to amass a very large sum of points to get anything worth while.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 04/12/2020 10:43 PM

He was already debating if wanted to invest that much time into this particular game and event while he moved toward the egg. With command that was entirely second nature, he collected the egg, the item automatically dropping into his inventory once he had picked it up.

Immediately, Zev opened his inventory, and scrolled over the egg to examine its details. Of course, he expected it just to be a basic egg worth the least amount of points, but he wanted to read the flavor text, in case it had useful information.

[Wild Pet Found]

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate