Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

A QuestVenture~*

Postby BasilFox » 09/28/2008 7:36 PM

"I want you two out, out /OUT/! You've done nothing but laze around since you got back from the Basantha Shrine, and I will /not/ have that in my ranch." The dragon anthro known as Basil was beside herself with fury. Tikal the Temple hollowheart and Tempest the Temple Yonyuu and gone from the most eager workers to the laziest in a matter of weeks. No. /Days/. They hadn't picked up a tool of their trade in who knows how long.

"But we have nothing to do!" Tempest protested. He quailed under the look he received from Basil after that.

She became eerily calm. "So. You laze because I have given you nothing to do, is that right?" They both gupled. It was Tikal who dared to reply. "Y-yes..." Basil smiled. "Well then. It seems I am the one in error." She smiled wickedly. "I'll just have to give you two something to do." She walked away for a few minutes and came back carrying a messenger bag of their mapmaking tools and and another bag of supplies for a journey. They sighed inwardly with relief. Basil was just going to send them off somewhere. Probably to the Craiss Caverns.

"You two shall travel across the whole of Evelon. I want a map of every place you go, clearly marked and neatly made." A look of pure horror crossed the two temple patterned creatures' faces. "A-all of Evelon?!"

Basil was already walking back up to the ranch house. She turned around. "Oh! Are you two still here? Best get going." The two hastily put on the bags.

"May all the Gods grant you speed." She said again with a smile.

The memory was still clear in their heads as they trekked across Lambastia.

They stopped to rest under a tall tree, taking their packs off and letting them drop with a thud.

"Ugh. I haven't flown so long and hard in...well ever actually." The hollowheart commented as he dug around his pack for a roll.

"Me neither. Yeesh..." He took out a large peice of Parchment and recorded a few details before stowing it back in the bag.

"This'll be... exciting."
ImageImage

"I cringe.
The sound of my voice rips through me.
They scream.
The sound of my laughter stabs them.
He cowers.
The sound of his breathing betrays him.
I smile.
Only the sound of my music remains."
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/29/2008 7:15 PM

Halstein

Rachana

A rather large Iiylumiel lumbered through the forest, a small figure sitting on its back. The Iiylumiel, Halstein, set the girl sitting on his back on the ground. The human form Tou-san pulled an incomplete map out of her satchel and scribbled something on it. She looked up at Halstein, a smile touching her lips. Rachana felt at ease with Halstein. Then she shifted to her quad form and jumped into air, wings pumping as she took off to get an aireal view. Then she saw the two pets.

H:1
R:1
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby HunnyBun » 09/29/2008 9:51 PM

[center]Image
Doux
Stimme

Doux's head turned, did he hear the flapping of wings? He looked to Stimme, he nodded telling Doux he heard right. That ment that another creature or pet was in this forest. He walked in the direction he though he had heard the noises to see a Temple Dragon. He tilted his head, thinking for a moment. But didn't make a sound. Well, he truly couldn't, Doux was dumb. And Stimme normaly didn't talk unless addressed to, or to say Doux's word for him. They both just stood/floated there, waiting for what would happen next.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 09/30/2008 8:51 AM

The two temple pets looked up as the sounds of flapping wings reached their ears.

"That's not a sight you see every day." The hollowheart commented. Tempest nodded his agreement. "Should we invite him her down? We have food to spare." Well not really. However, chances were they would run out before the journey's end and be forced to scavenge. So better to run out because you gave food away, rather than because you were gluttonious.

Tikal nodded. "Alright then." He let out an inviting screech. {As inviting as a screech can be}
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 09/30/2008 8:32 PM

Rachana looked down. Then heard the screech. Be quiet! Some of us are trying to make maps! But still, she swooped in for a landing. Halstein watched his love swoop down to land. Odd, why would she do that? He crashed through the forest and into the clearing. Two Temple pets, much like himself, stood there. And Rachana. He lumbered over to her, his tail twitching Why did you land? You didn't finish your survey. Rachana smiled. One of these two screeched. I landed to find out who was dying. Her eyes twinkled at her friendly jibe. Ok.

He swiveled his head to look at his "descendants" And what kinds of pets are you? Besides Temple I mean. Rachana resettled her wings. The Tou-san felt the trees around her almost singing at her presence. The trees growth, if you could see it, went into overdrive. Her species often had this affect.

H:2
R:2

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 09/30/2008 10:12 PM

Doux followed the Temple Dragon, but stayed in the shadows of the trees. He saw the two group with another two. It seemed like to other Temple pets were out here. He looked to Stimme, and he got his message. He quited his flapping, they didn't need to be noticed just yet.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 10/01/2008 3:14 PM

Tempest stepped forward. "I am a yonuu, and he" He nodded his head towards Tikal, "is a hollowheart."

Thinking it rude not to say something, Tikal added "Our names are Tikal and Tempest." nodding to each of them in  turn. "It was I who screeched. As an invitation, not in death throes." He said with a slight smile. "We're on an assignment to create a map of evelon and its various nooks and crannies for Mistress Basil. We have food to spare and were wondering if you would like to join us for a little repast." 'Assignment was putting it lightly'. he added silently.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 10/01/2008 4:13 PM

Oh, I knew you weren't dying. A smile played upon her mouth. Rachana looked at Halstein. Sure. But, Halstein doesn't eat..... per se. Halstein nodded slowly. I'm cursed, as you would put it. Rachana shifted to human, it was easier to eat this way. Her long hair, shading from brown to green, hung down her back. Her eyes sparkled as she looked back at Halstein. He would need to feed soon. She sighed, that would mean she would have to perform a Bleeding.

Halstein knew that as well. It hurt him to see her sacrafice herself for him. He set his tail on her shoulder. This curse. How he hated it! He hoped to have it lifted, soon. A visit was in the works to his "birthplace", Basantha Shrine, to beseech the gods. But that wasn't important now.

R:3
H:3

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 10/01/2008 6:02 PM

Doux watched as one of them charnge to a human. He tilted his head when he saw her exspresion change to sad. He wondered what had made her sad. Stimme fluttered in front of Doux to take a closer look. A puzzled exspression on his face.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 10/02/2008 4:52 PM

"I think I can guess your names, but it would be rather rude to assume I know them. Might I ask what your names are?" Tempest asked as Tikal dug through the bags for food.

"And what food would you like? We have rolls, jerky, fruit wrapped in mulberry leaves...Very good. I'm quite surprised Mistress Basil put them in the among our food supplies."The hollowheart called over his shoulder.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 10/02/2008 5:27 PM

I'm sorry! I'm Rachana and this is Halstein. She gestured to the the large dragon. Rachana smiled again. Some of the fruit will be fine, thank you. You are making maps? So are we! We can help each other. The dragon curled his tail around his hind legs. Rachana sat on his forelegs, it was the perfect size to hold her.

Rachana looked arond, and spotted Doux and Stimme. Well, hello! Who are you? A smile once more graced her face. Halstein turned his head to look in the same direction. He, also, saw the two pets. One of them was a Purity. How odd, to meet one here?

R:4
H:4

Home Sweet Home
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 10/02/2008 9:23 PM

Doux seemed to jump slightly. They had been spotted. He stepped out of the shadows, Stemme floating beside him. Stimme floated further out. "My name is Stemme, meaning "voice" in German." He started. Then turning to Doux. "And this is Doux, meaning "gentle" in French." He finished. Doux nodded when Stimme had said his name. "Doux says: "He is sorry for not adressing his self. He is dumb, and is unable to talk, I am his translator." He finished.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/05/2008 3:16 PM

It wasn't normal for this little lucain to actually be around in what would commonly be called a 'respectable place.'  Ever since her dad kicked her out of the house, she'd been frequenting whatever bar she could find--just to spite him.  And now, she was in a nice, quiet clearing, with a massive headache and wondering what on earth a horde of purities, evils, and hollowhearts were doing, swarmed all over the area and talking about, oh, what? Maps?

The fact that she was here might have had something to do with the freaky screech she'd heard a few minutes ago.  Looking around carefully at the mass, she asked, rather politely, "Excuse me, but did anyone die over here recently?"

((By the way, would you mind if Tempest (the lucain) is in a human form?  She's easier for me to role-play that way.))
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 10/05/2008 8:28 PM

Doux turned to see the girl standing there. He smiled gently and nodded. Stimme floated over to her. "Yes, it was that Hollowheart. But it wasn't ment to sound like he was dieing, but a call." He said, trying to sound nice.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Calamity » 10/07/2008 5:48 PM

Kyu - Female
Common Kuhna

Personality:Kyu is abit of everything. She got a good heart, a good head on her shoulders and is a kind soul. But like I said "She is abit of everything" so she can be mean,rude,sarcastic if she so feels the need to be. Doesnt really care for fighting but will fight if needed.

Hydru - Male
Hydrokuhna

Personality:Hydru is a good-hearted Kuhna. He is lovable,caring,silly and protective of his family & friends.

Two Kuhnas walked through the area. One had a scroll in is mouth the other a sachel wrapped around its neck.

"Where exactly are we going?" Asked the Common Kuhna.
"Danunno.."Said the Hydrokuhna through a mouth filled with paper.
"I think we should go to a forest!?"Said the Common KUhna bouncing up and down.
"Naho! WE SHAOLD..Go..T...O" The Hydrokuhna started yelling to the Common Kuhna happily, but then spat out the scroll and resumed speaking.
"NAO! We should goi to Terrace park! Where the gand Hollowheart was defeated! It sounds really coal and peaceful there too!!So leats goi there, Kyu!"The  Hydrokuhna said but even without the parchment his language was alittle hazy, he then picked up the parchment again.

Kyu sighed "Fine Hydru we can go the..."But before the common Kuhna could finish what it was saying they stumbled onto a gathering of other evelons.

Kyu froze and Hydru insinctivly pushed his way infront of her, incase they were hostile.

Kyu didnt say a word and Hydru flicked his tails in a direction hoping they could slip by unnoticed.

((Feel free to notice us anybody  :) )
<center>Image
</center>
Calamity
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 109
Donate

Next