Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

Postby Adelie » 10/10/2008 8:06 PM

((I was hoping that someone else would respond, but since it's been three days and I don't like dying threads, me popping in again.))

"Oh, sorry."  Tempest sighed a little; she'd been hoping for some sort of blood and gore she could stare at in awe and then mention to her dad so he'd be even more annoyed at her.  Now, that would be fun.  Silly pacifist dad.

In the human form she frequented, she was pretty, with dark blue eyes and long blond hair that reached a quarter of the way down her back, but it was rare to see her hair let loose from it's usual messy ponytail or even in its natural color.  She had recently discovered hair dye and was currently wearing her hair in a shade of fluorescent blue that obviously did not exist in the natural world.

Or possibly it did, considering the shade of the hydrokuhna that had just walked in, mouth clutching a scroll and not exactly being very stealthy, considering the amount of yelling that they had just done.  Why were they trying to sneak away?  They'd been talking so loudly the only people who couldn't have noticed that they were there had to be deaf.  And something told her that the rest of this group wasn't deaf.
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 10/10/2008 8:29 PM

ooc: Sorry!

I've been swamped in school work so I haven't been on that much. Dx
bic:

Tempest and Tikal looked over at the new arrival. "It would seem my call has been serving its purpose, despite the way it has been interpreted." The hollowheart commented. "We extend the invitation to all of you.We have food to spare and this is a lovely spot for a picnic. For the benefit of those who have just arrived I am Tikal and he," hopefully for the last time he nodded towards the yonyuu,"is Tempest."

The temple yonyuu began to set out food. No need to keep them waiting.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
The sound of my voice rips through me.
They scream.
The sound of my laughter stabs them.
He cowers.
The sound of his breathing betrays him.
I smile.
Only the sound of my music remains."
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 10/10/2008 10:47 PM

Doux then turned to see the new arrivals. He also smiled to them, trying to show he was harmless. Stimme fluttered fastly over to the Temple Yonyuu. "Food?" He asked. He was very hungry, they hadn't eaten since they had began. "I would appreciate something to eat, I also don't care what you give me." He said. Doux layed down where he was, letting his legs rest for the time being.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 10/11/2008 10:55 AM

Halstein shook his head in suprise. So many. Rachana looked up at him. He wasn't used to so many people. It alright, dear. She put her hand on his shoulder. She surveyed the newcomers. The lucain girl and the two Kuhnas were certainly a suprise. Halstein set his head against the ground, looking at the Kuhnas. The one sounded different. But he didn't care. They seemed very nice.
Rachana looked at Tempest and Tikal. You two certainly are prepared. She reached for a piece of fruit. Meat rarely entered her diet. She settled down again, taking a bite of her food.

R:5
H:5
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby BasilFox » 10/11/2008 9:07 PM

"As well prepared as we could be. This...venture was rather last minute." The hollowheart selected a large juicy fruit from the arrangement.

Tempest laughed. "He's putting a bit lightly. 'Kicked out' would be a better term. Bit of a long-winded story."
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/11/2008 9:57 PM

((I made a thread live. :D))

"Oh, hey, that's my name too!"  Tempest giggled a little nervously, adding, "My name's also Tempest.  Don't ask--my dad was a little obsessed with Shakespeare when he was naming me and my brother."

She was talkative to the point of excess, which showed.  "Sorry, I'm not really hungry today.  Been working at that bar over in the town over there--" she waved a hand in the general direction of the town "--and some guy's been trying to push cake down my throat all day.  Not my fault I'm good looking, you know."

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 10/12/2008 1:07 AM

Doux rested his head on his arms and closed his eyes for a little while. Stimme hovered over the Yonyuu, waiting for the others to choose what they all prefered. Not wanting to take anyone elses chose of food. Doux smiled slightly as he listened to the conversations floating in the air.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 10/13/2008 8:37 PM

Yonyuu Tempest rolled his eyes. "And don't forget modest." Tikal hid a rather unmanly giggle behind a wing. Failing to do so he coughed and changed the subject. "So you two are mapmakers?" He said, turning to the two purities. "Perhaps we can travel together for a short while."
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 10/24/2008 10:05 PM

((Tazz was waiting for a Lunasa-post, but she'll try to revive the thread.  CPR, anyone?))

"Maps?"

Tempest perked up a little at the mention of maps, her skirt swishing around her legs as she moved slightly.  "My father loves maps.  He has a whole room devoted to them."

She was reminded of her father, standing in his top-floor room with its walls plastered in maps, gluing new ones on the walls whenever he had a chance.  He had every city in Lambastia and Barraka, every continent of the Arathian trio, and even a world map of some planet from a book he'd liked.

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 11/15/2008 10:44 PM

Halstein nodded. Yes, we're map makers, of the highest quality, I might add. He puffed out a little at the mention of his business. Rachana shook her head at this, a smile playing at her mouth. He, we, take great pride in our work. We do makea great team though, and we'd be happy to travel with you. The only problem is the Bleedings..... But, they would deal with that bridge when they came to it.

H:6
R:6
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Adelie » 11/18/2008 8:48 PM

"Would you happen to have any of those maps you make around here?" Tempest asked, eyes sparkling.  She wasn't really a map person, but thinking of her father had inspired a spirit of interest in her, and she had always liked the swirling lines of coastlines and the little peaks of mountains.

"And if you have one of this area, that would be really nice.  I've only recently come here and I've been wondering what's behind that forest."

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 11/18/2008 9:35 PM

[center]((Sorry guys, i got to leave the rp >.<))

Doux rose his head suddenly as he heard a faint sound.
It sounded like some one was calling for them.
He looked to Stimme and Stimme looked back.
Knowing what Doux was saying he nodded.
stimme then looked to the others.
"I am terriably sorry, but me and Doux are needed by our owner. So will be leaving, but thanks for the time we have spent together."
He said as he flouted to Doux.
Doux nodded, agreeing to what Stimme had said.
Then he started to walk off towards the north.
Stimme followed after him.

((Doux and Stimme have left, but thanks for the fun rp ^w^))

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 12/13/2008 10:21 AM

"A map of this region? Not currently. That's why we're here. Basil feels that rather than making maps of just a few specific places, we should have maps of the whole of Evelon. Afterall, you never know where you might end up." Tikal commented. "Say, why don't you all join the party? We all have a common goal it would seem."
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Calamity » 12/15/2008 2:30 PM

Kyu and Hydru had just stayed alittle ways away and minded their own business. But Hydru being bored ran over his green tongue lolling out to the side. His tails flicked from side-to-side catching the water droplets that floated away from his body. "Uh... Map? I like maps! And uh, Iam not hungry but Iam not sure about Kyu..." He said and then whipped his head to Kyu and motioned for her to come over.

Kyu bounded over. "Is there a party going on? Or something?" She said her gaze washing over the over Evelons. She  saw a piece of fruit get wacked by one of Hydru's tails while he was talking, and then she bunched her leg muscles, squared her shoulders, and leaped onto the fruit. She hadnt thought that as soon as she landed on the fruit with that much force it would get smashed. Her ears flattened and a apologetic smile replaced her surprized face. "Sorry.." She said and licked the stinking-gunk of her paws.

(Sorry bout not posting in like.. forever... had a writer block, and now I have an art block -.-)
<center>Image
</center>
Calamity
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 109
Donate

Re: A QuestVenture~*

Postby Adelie » 12/19/2008 10:34 PM

{Gack!  Tazz = fail at remembering things.  I apologize for being dead.}

Tempest cocked her head to one side, sky-blue forelock flicking across her face.  "Well, it's not like this job I have right now is very good," she said, eying the slightly stained apron she had on for emphasis.  "I suppose I could come along to make maps."

As if trying to make herself sound qualified, she added, "I've been to a few places, like Wilt'no, so I might be useful in finding a way around?"

Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items