Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

Keep Your Enemies Closer [Self]

Postby K-Cyanide » 01/20/2009 3:08 PM

**You can join, but please ask first.**

Mei'raki
??
Level 1
cruel--seductive--sadistic

---------------------------------------------------------

The wandering Hollowheart smiled coldly at its new 'companion'.  It had been several years since their eyes had last met, and as it stood staring, thoughts flowed through its brain.  So many questions to ask and so little time to ask them.  But one rang out above the others.

"Why are you here."

First, that one must be answered.  Mei'raki wouldn't speak anymore unless it was.

The Angst Ball that followed the Hollowheart spun around in the background, spewing off nonsensical noises that indicated it didn't want to be there.  Despite its low intelligence, it knew better than to assume its master of many years would leave it peacefully.  It was too angry at the newcomer.

Vermill
Genderless
Level 1
silent--obedient--passive
Zoo Pen | Wishlist | Eventually...

Birthday: November 9th
K-Cyanide
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 184
Donate

Re: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Self]

Postby K-Cyanide » 01/20/2009 3:16 PM

Aaze'raki
??
Level 1
soft-spoken--considerate--gentle

The other Hollowheart didn't smile.  Instead, it preferred to study Mei'raki, wondering how its once loving friend had changed so much in such little time.  Its eyes swept over the dragon opposite, a frown forming.  The thought from Mei's mind came clearly, but it didn't answer right away.  Why was it here?  Why was it here...? It didn't know.  It had felt called to that spot.

"I'm not sure.  Mei'raki...it's been a long time."

The usual respect that was commonly used amongst them was gone when it talked to this one.  This one who had been its friend for so long.  This one whom it had cared for.

The Bubble Spirit gazed warily at the Angst Ball, not liking that its master's friend had a follower too.  What type of being was it?  Was it like Aaze'raki, whom it so faithfully called its master, whom it loved unquestioningly?  They looked similar.  But Carrus didn't like it.  It radiated with illness and mental disease.  Not like Aaze.  Aaze was clean.

Carrus
Genderless
Level 1
friendly--obedient--fun-loving

K-Cyanide
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby K-Cyanide » 01/20/2009 3:20 PM

Mei'raki frowned instantly.  How dare Aaze'raki treat it so casually!  How dare Aaze'raki believe that they were still close enough to use such informality in their greeting!  But Mei'raki wouldn't have done any different.  Mei'raki would have been very forward, very informal, almost hateful in its greeting.  It supposed Aazeraki couldn't help its stupidity and assumption.  It had never been so intelligent as Mei, though it wished to be.

"Yes.  A long time.  But not long enough."

K-Cyanide
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby K-Cyanide » 01/20/2009 3:23 PM

The Void Hollowheart almost looked hurt.  So cruel its Mei had become; its once pure and lovely Mei'raki who was shy and quiet and loving.  Now it was brash and hurtful, mean to those it once loved.

"Too long.  I've missed you.  We've all missed you.  Where did you go?  Why did you leave?"

What it really wanted to ask was why Mei'raki hadn't tried to contact it, why Mei had followed the Battleheart.  Why didn't Mei realize that it had hurt its family in its decision?  Or was it that Mei was so sick now that it didn't care...?

K-Cyanide
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby K-Cyanide » 01/20/2009 3:28 PM

It laughed out loud to hear Aaze'raki pleading for answers.  Aaze had never been the begging type; it had never been weak, and that's why Mei'raki had been drawn to it.  But that time was over.  Its time with the Battleheart had vanquished the last of its sanity that was barely hanging onto it.

"It's none of your business.  I left for reason that you could never comprehend, little Hollowheart, and I would never tell you where.  You wouldn't care to know, anyways.  I've done things that you would never understand."

It seemed to be sneering at Aaze.  But a moment of sudden compassion burst through and it looked around slowly, then to its old friend.

"How is my family, Aaze'raki?"

Vermill in the background spun out of control at the sudden change in its master's mood, the sudden cleanliness of its master's heart and the sudden speaking of the other's name which sent an array of butterflies through its stomach.

K-Cyanide
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate