Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

One Step Forward [Self]

Postby Pyris » 03/02/2009 3:14 AM

Hexle
Level: 1

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Pyris leaned forward, pressing one hand against a rail to duck her head beneath the bench's seat.  It was getting rather crowded, and Hexle wasn't having it.  "Hexle, come on....It's just a walk," she begged, trying to get the Concept Draculi to leave the sanctuary he'd found.  With a heavy sigh, she flopped down on the bench, hoping that he'd get over it soon.  For whatever reason, the Draculi had chosen her to follow around, thus becoming her first non-human companion.

Looking around, she could relate to Hexle's unease.  She herself was a suspicious creature, not trusting anyone as far as she could throw them.  (Which, admittedly, wasn't far.)  She'd been eager to set up a place for Hexle when he seemed intent on stalking her, but the place had been slightly overdone, which led to his dislike of the area.  Instead of running away, as she'd thought he'd do, he had found himself a suitable place.  She supposed his spot had grown on him to some degree.  After all, she always saw him there, hiding from the sunlight like a vampire.

"Can't you be reasonable?" she muttered, kicking one foot up in the air out of boredom.

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Re: One Step Forward [Self]

Postby Pyris » 03/03/2009 12:51 AM

After what seemed like many hours, Hexle finally emerged from his hideout, sitting calmly next to the bench armrest as though he'd been waiting for Pyris the whole time.  The little monster was bipolar, she was certain.  They had to have been there for some time, as the crowd had thinned, leaving an acceptable amount of space to walk in.  Hexle didn't seem to care whether they went on or not, his gaze focused on the lands far off into the distance as the short girl rose from her resting place.  She'd sprawled out on the bench, knowing it would take awhile before the Draculi decided to continue.

Running her hand through short, spiky red hair, she stared at him for a moment before standing up.  "Nice to see you, too," she murmured, shoving her hands into her baggy shorts pockets and walking towards the path home.  Some walk that had been.  The clouds were gathering, and it looked like it would rain soon, making her wonder if she should jog home instead.  Opting to risk it, her shoulders slumped as she drug her feet back to the zoo pen.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hexle

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 03/05/2009 1:32 AM

The sun seemed unending, the clouds barely brushing the sky like small wisps of smoke scattered in the air.  Hexle, in a rare mood, was basking in the sunlight, his tail flicking every now and again when Pyris' foot got too close.  Once in awhile, she paused, looking down at the Draculi and frowning.  It looked like today would be another long day in which she spent trying to coax the demon into actually doing something.

With a heavy sigh, she plopped down beside him, his face a blank expression as she pulled out her sketch pad.  It seemed the more she got into the drawing she was working on, the more Hexle was interested in what she was doing.  It was rather funny, once she thought of it.  Like a child, the more you ignored him, the more he wanted your attention.  After a few moments, sure enough, he crept a little closer, trying to see the sketch pad.

It took about an hour for him to actually sit next to her, watching her pencil move across the paper, line after line creating something ever-so-slowly.  Taking a small break to rest her fingers and take a sup of her bottled water, she thought to give him a pat, only to have him twitch away from her hand in discomfort.  "Why do you follow me around if you don't like me?" she wondered aloud, missing the tilt of his head as she went back to work.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hexle

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 03/09/2009 3:29 PM

After drawing at least three pictures, Hexle seemed intent on moving forward once more.  With a grin, Pyris got up, prepared to follow him wherever he chose to go.  Upon his sitting down, staring at her like she was stupid, she realized that he was waiting for her to move.  Sighing, she moved forward, stuffing her hands into her pockets and looking around.  It was such a beautiful day, and she had been keen on moving her stock into a new storage area.  The cavern she had chosen was now home to a tribe of Serraptors, leaving her out one storage room.

The skies were beginning to grow dusky and the lurkers of the bridge were beginning to thin.  Soon the less reputable set of characters would be coming out to play.  Glancing to make sure that Hexle remained with her, she trudged over to the first bridge she came to.

She was never the most aware person around, not paying much attention to her surroundings when she didn't need to, but as the stars began to shine, she felt the urge to turn back and go home.  After much internal debate, she decided to get a room where she was for their own sake.  Pushing open the inn door, she looked around the mediocre place.

The room was a crusty brown color, the desk almost matching it to the shade.  A hairy man leaned over a book heavily and she realized she had no idea where they'd wandered to.  "Can I help you?" the heavyset man spoke, two fingers rubbing at his peculiarly bulbous nose before he dipped a pen and looked at her expectantly.

"We need a place to stay for the night," she said easily, Hexle sitting promptly beside her and eying the room carefully.  She knew the concept draculi would watch her back, if nothing else, for his own protection.  The portly man scribbled something into his book before staring at her once again.  "Pirrico.  Pyris Pirrico."  

"15 keystones," he said simply, holding out his hands as she paid him the money quietly.  "Room 5 is your room.  Last door on the left."  After that, he picked up a book she supposed he'd been reading before she entered.  Just as she turned to walk up the stairs, she heard him bang something against the counter.  Looking over her shoulder, she spotted a key with a number 5 on the side in what looked like chalk.  Of course, it couldn't possibly be chalk, but that was what it looked like.

"C'mon, Hexle," she murmured as she headed up the stairs, pushing the key into the lock and turning it.  As the door swung open, she sighed heavily.  She wasn't sure if she'd rather sleep on the bed or in the floor.  "We should be pretty safe here," she assured as she locked the door behind her.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hexle

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 03/09/2009 11:46 PM

Sunlight peered through the tattered curtains, a skitter of movement making half-shuttered eyes open up.  "Hexle?" she wondered aloud, surprised to find the creature sitting at the foot of her bed, eyes gazing out the part in the drapes.  Slowly, his head turned, those eerie orbs seeming to look right through her, rather literally.

It was rather disturbing, this one-sided conversing, and she often wondered what went through his mind when he stared off into the distance like that.  Was he thinking of home?  Seeing the future?  Frowning, she settled onto her elbows, half sitting, half laying.  Just as she was about to throw something at him, his eyes darted to the left, as though looking at something she couldn't see.

Frowning, she looked as well, but found nothing.  Maybe one day she'd understand.  "...Are you ready to go home?" she said softly, catching his attention once more.  He said nothing, not that she'd expected him to, and hopped down onto the wooden floor to sit by the door.  With a heavy sigh, she stood and gathered what she'd removed from her pockets, fully planning on heading home.  She had some stock to move.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hexle
Level: 2

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate