Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

New to the Day [anyone]

Postby Tokio.Hotel » 03/13/2009 8:48 PM

ImageDarr'et

Darr'et looked up at the sky, admiring how the sunset made the clouds look aflame. He walked on, his head low. He wished that he could meet someone new to go exploring with him. But sadly, he had met no one on his path to Lambastia. He hoped, though, that maybe the perfect friend, someone who would accept him, would appear. Maybe they will want to travel with me, he thought, and grinned. Picking up his pace, Darr'et's paws flashed a dull greenish white as he walked across the ground. The warm suns rays danced across his back as he moved, and Darr'et quickly reached a large platform, that held many, many bridges. I bet these are the bridges that lead to other places that I heard another traveler talking about. Darr'et began to explore the platform, curiosity lacing his every movement. He saw none of his kind, much to his disapointment. Also, no one seemed interested in speaking with him. Darr'et grew sad, his tail dropping. He headed over to one end of the platform and sighed. Will anyone come and be my friend?
Deep in the Dark,
You'll surrender your heart,
Pick up your feet,
You got someone to meet,
Don't turn around,
You can't hear a sound,
You hope someone dies,
Ignore all the lies.
Tokio.Hotel
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 112
Donate

Re: New to the Day [anyone]

Postby Moyra » 03/15/2009 1:56 PM

Image ~ Image
Leisher & Meeks

Taking a step off one of the bridges, Leisher arrived at the platform, not sure what he was going to do next. They'd just come from some volcano place, and that was definitely not a place he would ever go again. He was sure his fur was singed in certain places just from the heat in the air. Meeks had hidden in his tails for the majority of the time, trying to get away from the scorching waves coming off the volcano itself. Once they realized how bad the place was, they high tailed it out of there pretty quickly.

Looking around, he didn't see very many other creatures. It must be quiet this time of day. Near one of the bridges, the one that led to the Shrine he thought, there was a green Sahound. Hmm, never seen one like that before, have we Meeks?

Meeks slipped out of his tails and climbed up his back so he could peer over his shoulder, and shaking his head confirmed the Fenlings thought. That would be a negatory big buddy. Though I don't think I've seen one of those in the first place... What is it?

Simply put, it's the Sahound we're about to meet. As he finished the thought, he walked with a purpose toward the creature, trying his best to smile. He often scared people and he really wasn't sure why.

((Don't worry, he's not as...demented as he looks xD))
[1] [1]
Moyra
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7
Donate

Postby Tokio.Hotel » 03/16/2009 8:39 PM

Darr'et was still feeling depressed when he heard a small snatch of conversation. He didn't mean to, but with his sensitive ears, it just.. was heard. Darr'et winced. He wasn't an eavesdropper, and he didn't know why he caught this piece, and no one else around him in the large, crowded platform.

"... we're about to meet."

Darr'et looked up, His eyes bright. Where they coming to meet him? I hope so... He thought, as he stood. He observed the approaching couple with caution. If he had learned anything about his small travels is, no matter how lonely you are, always where caution when meeting someone new. Approaching him was a cursed fenling, and another creature that he couldn't place. Darr'et let the happier side of him swell as he welcomed them. "Hello! My name is Darr'et! What are your names?" He fiddled with his paws. Darr'et was still new here, so he wondered if that was the proper way to greet someone. He hoped he hadn't insulted anyone with his (what he believed to be) normal hello.

[Its okay. <3 It actually looks like he only has one leg... o.o]
Deep in the Dark,
Pick up your feet,
You got someone to meet,
Don't turn around,
You can't hear a sound,
You hope someone dies,
Ignore all the lies.
Tokio.Hotel
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 03/17/2009 10:24 AM

A bit taken aback by the chipper welcome the Sahound just gave them, Leisher paused for a second, not used to people just flat out talking to him without hesitation. "This is Meeks," he pointed to his back at the Nemuwit, "and I'm Leisher. Nice to meet you Darr'et." From his back, Meeks lifted a hand and did a little wave with a quiet, "Hello!" He had a tiny voice, so his shout wouldn't reach very far. It was part of the reason he used his thought-speech most of the time rather than actually talk. Least he could be heard that way. Leisher smiled gently, still not wanting to scare the other creature away, "You're not afraid of me Darr'et?"

[2] [2]
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Tokio.Hotel » 03/17/2009 9:05 PM

"This is Meeks, and I'm Leisher. Nice to meet you Darr'et."

Darr'et wasn't really scared at all. Just happy to have met someone. It was a good feeling. Talking with another person... It felt good to do it again. He found his gaze drawn to the small creature called Meeks that was hiding in the cofines of Leisher's tail. Cocking his head to the side, he stared for a moment before remembering how rude it was. Drawing his look back to Leisher, he replied "Nice to meet you Leisher, Meeks." He smiled and wagged his small tail again, and cocked his ears forward as the Fenling said something else.

"You're not afraid of me Darr'et?"

Darr'et chuckled. Afraid of him? That was such a silly question, in his opinion. "Why would I be scared? I have not seen much in my lifetime, but I do know for a fact that you don't scare me." His tail stopped his wagging. In a fake frightened voice, Darr'et asked in return "Should I be afraid of you?" He wagged his tail once more to let him know that he was kidding. The Sahound then noticed that the pairs fur was slightly scorched, as if from major heat. He hoped that they weren't hurt.
Deep in the Dark,
Pick up your feet,
You got someone to meet,
Don't turn around,
You can't hear a sound,
You hope someone dies,
Ignore all the lies.
Tokio.Hotel
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 03/19/2009 1:41 PM

Smiling, Leisher took an instant liking to this Sahound. Ever since he was cursed, people would treat him differently and look at him differently. Sure, he looked like a freak, but he was still the same Leisher underneath. He was happy, generally upbeat and he rarely had a negative thought. "Good to know you're one of the few who does not judge a book by it's cover. Usually people run from me. Well, except for the ones who try to ki....Actually, not going to talk about that. For another time maybe..." He looked sideways to Meeks and nodded in his direction. "Mainly you and Meeks here are the only ones who haven't despised me on contact." He smiled to lessen the harsh words. He idly brushed a paw over the scorch marks in his fur, glad they hadn't stayed there long, there could have been some actual damage done in that place.

[3] [3]
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 03/30/2009 1:04 AM

Shinku Niiro

Lithe form stood alone near one of the bridges. Eyes stared blankly from one bridge to the other, as if he had reached a crossroad and had to make a life changing decision on where to go. Deep concentration showed on his features as he sat starring down each of the bridges. The black and red brute, small in size, reached a back leg up and scratched the scruff of his neck, still pondering on an answer, when his ear pricked back to the sound of voices behind him. The wolf-like form looked back to see what the commotion was and saw that he was not alone. The Tali hadn't seen them earlier when he was here, which made him wonder when they had showed up.

"Hm..."

Curious, Shinku stood up and bounded over to the three, tail swishing back and forth in curiosity. He stopped a few yards away from them, looking at them with his neck stretched out and cocked over as he studied them. Shinku looked from one to the other, unsure if he should speak or not, but it seemed appropriate for him to do so. Standing up straight and proud, the Tali made a gesture of a small smile.

"Greetings. My name is Shinku. Who may I be speaking with?"

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby Moyra » 03/30/2009 7:35 PM

Watching as the Tali made it's way toward them, Leisher's tails flicked in excitement. Yet another new face to meet. They seemed to be having a bit of luck this morning. "Good morning! This is Meeks and I would be Leisher. Nice to meet ya." Looking over Shinku, Leisher wondered if the Tali had the same sorts of problems he had. He was a fair bit darker, but at least he wasn't cursed. His face must have settled into a frown, for he received a sharp poke in the back from Meeks. Ow, you don't have to poke so hard ya know. Well you were giving him the evil eyes Leisher, gotta be careful with that one.

[4] [4]
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 03/30/2009 8:23 PM

Shinku made a soft smile at the mention of thier names, a few teeth showing from his grinning maw. He looked over both of them, taking in thier forms, but the Fenling was who stood out the most. The brute was dark in color, Shinku recognizing his pelt as a cursed breed. Shinku himself was a Chaos breed, but he had trained his heart to be what he wanted it to be, not what most thought he should be. He half wondered about the one called Leisher, but he pushed the thoughts aside to make a freindly conversation. Showing he was willing to stay and chat for a while, Shinku sat down, tail curled around his forepaws.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. It has been a while since I have been able to converse with others. So, what brings you here?"

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 03/30/2009 8:46 PM

Glad to learn he wasn't scaring this one off either, Leisher smiled at the Tali. Shifting himself on the ground to face him better, he didn't fully explain what they had been doing, Moyra wouldn't be happy about that. "We just came from Nori volcanoes. Had a bit of a trip, and now I have a bit of singed fur." He glanced down at the few odd spots in his furr, showing the melting. "How about yourself? And what do you mean, it's been a while since you've conversed with others?" Meeks popped his head out above Leisher's shoulder, settling himself there, hoping they wouldn't move again for a while. He hated having to cling for his life on the back of this thing.

[5] [5]
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 03/30/2009 9:20 PM

Shinku chuckled a bit at the singed fur, though if they had been injured he wouldn't have laughed. His smile stayed for a bit, until he was asked questions himself. It slighly dropped from his face as he sat in thought of what to say. The Tali made a humming sound in his throat as he thought of the right answer, and then spoke.

"I was trying to decide in which direction to go... but I have yet to make a decision. So many places to see and so little time to do in. As for for conversing with others, I tend to find I am not one wanted around, no matter how friendly I may appear. Though, you two seem to be accepting enough of me, which I am greatly appreciative."

Shinku made a bow of his head in respect of them, showing how much he appreciated thier hospitality. He noticed the little one called Meeks seemed to have made his home on the shoulder of the Fenling, the Tali smiling a bit more at the site of it.

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 03/31/2009 10:46 AM

Leisher nodded, as he was much of the same mind. Not many would tolerate his company for long as they thought his curse was contagious or infectious. He was likely the most friendly Fenling out there, but very few knew it. "No need to be appreciative, I'm in the same boat as you Shinku, being shunned for how I look. It's something I refuse to do in turn." He nudged his face toward Meeks, rubbing the Nemuwit's fur against his own cheek. "Meeks here is one who has never judged based on how I look," he laughed quickly, "though be warned, he will judge on everything else!" A slight heat filled the nemuwit's cheeks, as his embarrassment spread. "I'm not that bad..."

Grinning, Leisher ignored his friends discomfort, and looked around at all the bridges. "Well, any plans on where you would like to go? Meeks and I were just trying to figure that out for ourselves."

[6] [6]
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 03/31/2009 4:03 PM

Shinku nodded his head in understanding to the Fenling, knowing the hardships of being judged by the color of thier skin. He laughed at Leisher's words about Meek, hearing the little thing's embarressed words. The Tali smiled warmly, responding to Meek's words.

"You don't seem to be bad, Meek."

Ears pricked at another question directed towards him, and Shinku sat in thought, looking around at the bridges. His tail twitchedas he thoat, head cocked to the side, and then he looked back to the two with the answer.

"I, myself, was thinking of heading into the Vast Plains. Don't ask why, for I don't even know." Shinku replied with a light chuckle. "I guess just because I've never been there before, I'd like to go."

(4)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/01/2009 12:48 AM

Meeks just nodded absently at the comment, knowing it would only be a matter of time till he made a stupid comment and offended the Tali. So he would just keep his mouth shut as much as possible. Knowing his friend a little too well, Leisher smiled at him as he could practically read what was going through his head. He never meant to offend, but it seemed to happen more than occasionally. Tilting his deep orange head toward the bridge he knew to lead to that area of the world, he said casually, "Sounds like as good a place as any. We had no plans. Mind if we join you?" As he finished he let his head fall back to its natural position, facing Shinku, with his usual lazy smile.

[7] [7]
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/01/2009 1:45 PM

"Of course. I'd be glad to have you join me."

Shinku smiled, standing to his feet, tail wagging a bit. He was ready to go exploring, and better yet, he'd have someone to go with. The Tali was gald to have company, and he knew it was safer in groups as well. Turning towards the bridge that would take them to the plains, crouching down, ready to bound for it.

"Let's get moving!"

Shinku said with a light chuckle, going for the bridge in excited bounds. He wasn't so much excited as going there as he was going there with friends.

(5)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone