Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

Re: New to the Day [anyone]

Postby Moyra » 04/01/2009 2:13 PM

Leisher waited a moment before bounding off after his new companion. The energy he had was infectious and he couldn't help but want to run after him and laugh all the while. Standing slowly, he let Meeks get situated on his back, with a good hold before he took off at a run to follow Shinku. Just keep a good eye out Meeks, we don't need any followers from Nori, alright? he thought to Meeks as he was often a lookout for things Leisher couldn't see behind him. A big 10-4 buddy, Meeks' quiet voice broke into Leisher's thoughts. As he caught up to Shinku, he laughed and mentioned something that came to mind, "You go at that pace the whole trip and you may run out of that boundless energy you seem to have."

[8] [8]
Moyra
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/01/2009 2:34 PM

Ears pricked behind him at the sound of Leisher running up behind him, Shinku relieved that they had followed, somewhat having doubt that they would have. But here they were, surely coming with him. At Leisher's comment, Shinku laughed, raising his head up as the wind rushed between his ears, giving him an exhilirating feeling.

"No worries, Leisher. It has been far too long since I have run, which means I have a lot of backed up energy I need to let loose... but the question is, can you keep it up?"

The Tali looked over his shoulder at Leisher, a playful grin on his maw as he challenged his new found friend. Shinku laughed and continued his run, his eyes on the prize of the Vast Plains.

(6)

Look into my eyes you'll see
A graveyard filled with dirt and defeat

The weight on my soul

Where the fallen angels sleep
The crooked hearts and the crossroads meet

Where the haters say my name
And carve it in stone

I'm gonna make a comeback
I'm gonna dig six feet up tonight

I'm gonna get it all back
I'm gonna make a comeback this time
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/01/2009 2:55 PM

"Ha! What you see behind you is a finely tuned machine of flesh. I can keep up to you no problem!" he laughed as he let that out, the wind garbling the words a bit. "Let's just hope neither of us run out of energy with such a long trek ahead. Have you travelled much around Evelon?" He wondered simply because as a small cursed creature, he knew of the dangers this world held, and so wondered if he would have to watch out for his companion. Meeks, they aren't following, are they? Meeks popped his head out from behind a tail, and took a good glance and listen. Not that I can tell. Do you think they would come this far? Leisher's eyes rolled up into his head for a moment, We can hope.

[9] [9]
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/01/2009 3:02 PM

Shinku laughed at Leisher's words and continued his run, keeping pace with the Fenling so they ran side by side. His tongue flopped out of his mouth much like that of an excited dog chasing a ball or a frisbee, but the Tali didn't care. He felt the explosion of energy burst through his body and he was finally able to burn it off. Ears pricked to the words of the Fenling, the wind sounding in his ear and muffling the words, but he was able to make them out.

"No, I haven't travelled much. No one would travel with me, and its more fun to travel with a friend than alone. Not to mention less dangerous."

Shinku looked over at the two, his keen eyes noticing the smaller one, Meeks, seemed to be searching for something behind them. The Tali glanced back, a bit worried that something may be following them that could pose a threat.

"Is everything okay?"

(7)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/01/2009 3:25 PM

Leisher looked Meeks in the eye quickly at that question. Well, nothing for it. Guess we should maybe tell him. Meeks simply rolled his eyes in response and took up his post behind the fenling again. "Yeah, no, everything's cool. We're just hoping it stays that way." He glanced at the sky with a slight sigh as they kept running, "We just had a bit of a run in with the locals near the volcano. Some kind of tribe of...pygmy's almost. They weren't too happy with us for walking over their burial ground or something. So...we had to run." He glanced down at the burn marks in his fur, explaining them a bit better, "We basically got these cause we had to go a little closer to the lava around the volcano than we'd liked because they cut our path off. Just glad we got out of there. I don't think they'll follow as it's much cooler here, but we're just being cautious."
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/01/2009 8:32 PM

Shinku listened as he ran, one ear pricked for Leisher's voice and the other one backwards, listening for any sound behind him of the creatures Leisher spoke of. He hadn't seen anything before he met up with the two, and he couldn't hear anything behind them, so he figured by now they should be safe.

"Sounds like you had quite the adventure. Ah, never can be too cautious."

Shinku turned his front leg sideways, so he was bounding in an odd position, as he looked back to aid in making sure no one was following. With a satisfied snort, Shinku turned to run right, tail swishing behind him.

"All looks clear so far. I shall help keep an eye out, however.... Hm... I think we are getting closer to the plains. That must be them in the distance."

The Tali nodded his head towards the far distance where a light haze was building up over a plain strip of land, Shinku continuing his run, a bit of tire settling into his muscles, but he still had much energy to keep running.

(8)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/03/2009 9:59 PM

Leisher smiled at his companions want to help. Well, it could be self preservation as well, but he smiled none the less at the thought. He could tell he would be a good travelling partner, no matter what they faced. "Well, Meeks has always got his eyes out back there, he's my second set of peepers, but I'm sure he would love some relief sometimes." His legs were feeling the strain of running for so long, but the strain in fact felt good. Let him know he was working himself more than normal, and as long as he kept an eye on it, it was a good thing.

Looking ahead, he could see the vast expanse of the plains, and groaned slightly and quietly. He hadn't been back here in a very long time, the last time he was here he had been chased out by some lumbering thing that he'd somehow ticked off. He found it was a pattern that had formed during his life. Those that were afraid of him would often run him of, chasing till he was far from their peaceful existences. "We should stop soon for some water, maybe at the next watering hole we see?"

[11] [11]
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/03/2009 10:19 PM

Shinku gave a smile to Meeks at the mention of Leisher calling him an 'extra set of peepers', a light chuckle ending his smile. His eyes returned thier gaze on the plains before them, only to return to Leisher when he made a wise suggestion. Shinku nodded his head in agreement.

"That sounds like a good idea."

The Tali quickly surveyed the land for a reflective glint of water from the sun. It was something he often had to do, so he was skilled in scoping out a watering hole. Continuing his run, Shinku peered harder for a glint, when he caught sight of one. "Aha!" Quickly, he veered his position a little to the right, towards the watering hole, glancing back to make sure Leisher was following.

Shinku slowed to a walk, finally, sweat built up on his legs, chest and flank from the run. His muscles were aching a bit, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. He had slowed down a distance from the water, scanning the area to make sure no one that would pose a threat was around, as it seemed watering holes were the worst for ambushes. Satisfied that they were safe, Shinku stepped to the side to allow the others to go first.

"Well, I think we should be safe here. Why don't you guys go ahead and drink? I'll keep a look out."

Shinku gave a reassuring smile to them and then turned to scan the land for any potential threats.

(9)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moyra » 04/11/2009 3:27 PM

Thank the gods he agreed, I'm so tired Leisher sent the thought out to Meeks with a bit of a chuckle and got a laugh in return. Maybe he was more out of shape than he'd thought. He followed closely, trying his best not to show the slight limb that had shown up due to his leg cramping up. Sweating like crazy, just like Shinku was, Leisher felt as if he needed a bath. Maybe he'd take a dip in the water, if it was substantial enough.

Slowing when the Tali did, the limp became more pronounced and he realized he would have to stretch it out really well before they continued. Meeks hopped off his back and used his own legs for a moment, speeding toward the water like a madman. Leisher rolled his eyes slightly, laughing at his friend. He was quiet, but he showed his thirst and tiredness in his actions. "Thank you for letting us drink, we'll be quick. I imagine you're as thirsty as we are." He stepped forward, leaning down to let his lips touch the cool water, the feeling a boon to his sense. The water flowing through him seem to rejuvenate him, his sore muscles not as prominent a thought anymore.

Once he had his fill of the cool drink, he felt much better and stepped back. "You're turn. I'll keep an eye out while I stretch my muscles out." Meeks joined him shortly, climbing back up onto his back to his usual perch. He faced the plains, his back to the water and started to work on his aching body.

((Did you want to do your last post then we'll move on?))

[12] [12]
Moyra
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/11/2009 3:48 PM

(((Sure. ^_^)))

Shinku noticed that Leisher seemed to be limping and he began to worry if he was alright. He sat quietly, catching his breath as he chest heaved up and down to regulate himself. Ears worked constantly, listening for any danger, but he could hear none at the moment. Then, it was his turn to drink. Shinku stood, nodding his head in gratitude as Leisher offered to keep guard while he drank, but as he started to walk for the water, he had to ask about his limp.

"Are you okay, Leisher?"

While he awaited an answer, Shinku lowered his head and drank from the cool water, taking in as much as his mouth could hold and swallowing, repeating the process until he was well hydrated and ready to go again. He sighed as he lifted his head, satisfied and ready to finish the quest they had started. He turned to the two, tail swishing.

"Well, if you guys are ready, let's close that distance. We're not far off now."

Deciding to keep the pace slow this time, Shinku started at a brisk walk for the plains, it in clear sight now.

(10)

The weight on my soul

And carve it in stone