Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

The First Steps [DONE! Please close!]

Postby Kezune » 03/25/2009 4:31 AM

Lark

After being rescued by her new owner, Lark had mixed feelings. She was both furious and grateful for the slob for pulling her out of the water and putting a splint on her broken ankle. And the fish was nice. Cooked food was something Lark never had before. It was nice to be by a fire, wrapped in a warm blanked and to have someone to take care of her but she still didn't like her new accommodations.

"Lark!" a voice called from the distance.

Lark. She hated her new name.

"Lark! I brought you some more food and a blanket!"

It was the human. The human who fished her out with a net, dragged her onto shore and claimed the hydrolisk as a pet. What favors did she think to gain by spoiling her now?

The human was a tall female. Her hair was long and dark brown and her eyes were a shade of light grey. Her tunic came down to the middle of her thighs and her pants were baggy. Her boots were hung over the fire to dry and her fishing hat was set beside a sitting stump. Her face was long and her features were sharp but you could still see the kindness through her sharp, intelligent eyes.

"You know," the human said, "I haven't even told you my name yet. Would that help you like me?"

Lark hissed.

"My name is Kezune. That's Keh-zoon. It's a boy's name but it's mine. Just like your name is now 'Lark'."
Kezune
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 135
Donate

Re: The First Steps [Self]

Postby Kezune » 03/25/2009 6:52 AM

Lark. Lark still hated the name. And this stupid human kept uttering it as she carried Lark along, comfortably, in a basket designed for carrying large amounts of fish. Just to be safe (and because Lark attacked this human first thing) this new human first bound Lark's hands and made a muzzle out of strips of leather.

"I'm taking you to the market to see where I sell my fish. I'm trying to raise money to become a scholar. I didn't have the fortune of having a wild life like you do. I think you'll like living with me, though," Kez said, staring up at the sky.

Lark moved a little in her basket. It was lined with the blanket from before and was surprisingly comfortable. It was dry, though and Lark didn't like that.

After a hike up one of the many bridges, Lark started to rustle around in the basket. She tried to scratch off the muzzle and her her wrists were starting to chafe. Kez stopped. Slowly, she set down the basket and let Lark out, pulling out a knife to cut the bindings. She knew Lark was tired of travelling by now.

Seeing the knife, Lark started to flail around, swinging her strong tail, trying to knock the knife away. Kezune grabbed Lark by the wrists and cut the leather bindings.

Lark pushed away and then lunged at Kezune, knocking her to the ground. In self defense, Kezune grabbed Lark by her broken ankle and squeezed. Lark shrieked and then submitted. It was too painful to keep fighting. Lark limped over to her basket and hissed at Kezune.

"If you're not going to calm down, I don't have to feed you," Kez said, hardly amused by Lark's behavior. Kez unwrapped a loaf of bread and started eating, carefully eyeing Lark. Lark stopped hissing. She knew what the human meant but she felt like she was the victim in the situation anyway. Her stomach growled loudly.
Kezune
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kezune » 03/29/2009 7:59 AM

It didn't take long to coax a hungry Lark into calming down for some fish.

As Kezune watched Lark eat she thought to herself now why on earth would a Hydrolisk get caught in my net? Was she already hurt when she was caught?

Lark only stared at Kezune as she hungrily swallowed her fish whole.

After a silent meal, the two continued their journey to the market. This time, Lark was free to move around.
Kezune
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kezune » 05/12/2009 7:08 PM

"So, Lark," Kezune started, "I know some of you creatures are capable of telecommunication."

Lark just looked around, sitting in her basket and she made something like a purring sound. Content with the fish in her belly and, a little more comfortable with this human, she decided to take a nap.

"Lark? Lark, are you listening?"

Silence.

"I guess you don't. Or you don't like me. It's one or the other."

She sighed deeply, hoping that Lark would learn to like her soon. "None of my friends got attacked by their first pets." She trudged down one of the bridges on her way to Aldrect.
Kezune
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kezune » 05/13/2009 12:27 AM

"We're almost there, Lark!" Kezune said over her shoulder to the still sleeping hydrolisk.

Lark rustled a little in the basket to get more comfortable.

It was nice to be so close to civilization. She'd spent the last few days fishing and the days just seemed to drag on as Lark fought with her. Kezune didn't want to own Lark, though, she only wanted a companion who would stay with her and she thought this hydrolisk would be perfect for her.

"Well, here we are, Lark. Welcome to Aldrect."

Lark

Level: 2 - Level Up!
Stats:
Loyalty: 3/40 + 1 = 4/40
Toughness: 7/100 + 1 = 8/100
Exploration: 8/40 + 1 = 9/40
Endurance: 9/100 + 1 = 10/100
Intelligence: 6/100 + 1 = 7/100
Righteousness: 4/40 + 1 = 5/40
Darkness: 3/40 + 0 = 3/40
Fame: 8/40 + 1 = 9/40