Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

The Somewhat Disfunctional Family [Self]

Postby Mew Shinigami » 05/03/2009 5:43 PM

ImageImage
Well, there was something you certainly don't see every day. A young, giddy, Dreamsnare Battleheart walking alongside a smaller Clockwork Hollowheart. Between the two was a human girl. Her emerald eyes were sunken somewhat into her bruised-looking eyesockets, making the already rediculously thin and pale girl look like a walking skeleton. Although it was somewhat obvious her hair was blonde, in this light it looked almost red. The sunlight was reflecting onto the goggles on her head that were pushing the hair out of her face bounced off of the lenses making it appear as if she had a pair of lights sittting on her forehead. She stared up at the sky in wonder. This was her first time out of the tiny little desert village she had lived in her whole life, and any place that had more than thirteen centemeters of rain amazed her. Not only that but she saw a whole array of creatures and people that came in all sorts of shapes and colors. She even saw a Plush Turkezilla following obediently behind a young girl looking something like a massive, feathered, man-eating dog.
"This is... amazing." she mumered, in a gravley voice. She turned to the two dragons following her.
"What do you guys think?" she asked.
"Can we get something, Allice?" the Battleheart, Nyoa, asked, gigling.
The Hollowheart, Tech, looked at her narrowing his yellow eyes.
"Who's this 'we'?" he asked through thought.
"Come on. I know you want something." Nyoa said, prodding the slightly smaller mechanical dragon with a massive black-and-glowing paw
"I don't-" Tech started.
"Ooh! I know! We could get matching stuff! We could be gift buddies!" the massive she-dragon giggled again, and clapped her paws together.
"I don't want anything." Tech hissed, looking at Allice for help.
Allice sighed. "Nyoa, I'll get you something, but don't drag Tech into this."
Nyoa pouted. "But we could be gift buddies..." she muttered, giving a fake sniff.
Tech rolled his eyes.
"Fine. Whatever."
Nyoa squeed, and gave the other dragon a massive bearhug, and the sound of groaning metal was heard.
"Uh, Nyoa..." Allice started.
"Oh! Right! Sorry, Tech!" she released him.
Tech sighed. Today was going to be a LONG day...
I imagined the future to be so far away
but now it has passed and gone,
and without any change.

Wishlist
Pen ~under construction~
Click Us!
Mew Shinigami
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate
Location: Riding a purring catfish-horse through an alien swamp

Re: The Somewhat Disfunctional Family [Self]

Postby Mew Shinigami » 05/04/2009 7:09 PM

Tech
I watched expressionlessly as the brute ate her candy. Honestly, I'm surprised she didn't clamp her massive jaws down upon Allice's hand as soon as my 'master' held it out for her. The three of us were a 'family'. A horribly disfunctional family. The human saved my life, so I'm watching for hers. 'Nyoa' was nearly killed by some angry villagers, so Allice stepped in to protect her. Like me, she didn't have a name. Allice called me 'Tech', short for Technology. I suppose it's either because that's the kind of stuff she works with, or the fact that I'm more machiene than I am a Hollowheart...
I quietly sucked on the lolipop watching Nyoa devower the taffy, and then wonder why it was all gone. She frowned.
"I want more." she muttered.
"Then get some yourself." I snapped, problably being more creul than I intended.
She sniffed. "Meanie."
"Well you'll have to get used to me. We're gonna be traveling for a while." I snorted back.
She stuck out her long forked tongue.
"That's enough out of you two." Allice said, shooting a look at the two of us. My gods, you have to wonder how something like a greedy, eat-as-much-as-you-can, want-everything-in-sight, bipedial creature like her got that THIN. It couldn't have been from starvation. I saw her down a whole chocolate bar in under thirty seconds.
Oh, I suppose you're wondering how a Hollowheart is mentally disrespecting it's 'master'. "Hollowhearts are bound to serve the will of humans until they are sworn to freedom" is supposed to be how it is.
I never grew up with humans. And what I've seen from their ability to not care about the world around them and to kill, slaughter, and destroy every thing in sight, I think I have every right to be angry at them.
And so we walked on. I guess we're only here to explore the world, and get out of that dusty little human settlement. I mean... it was in the middle of a DESERT. One would problably get bored easily. There were many humans and creatures around me. Some of which I've never seen before. I wondered how something like a Draculi could follow around one of these two legged MONSTERS like a shy little Langerine. It almost made me sick...
Almost.
I truly had no right to think like this. I was a monster too, in a different way.
Allice had also saved me. She was kind. Quirky and with something of a short temper to other humans, but kind. She had saved my life only a few weeks ago.
But I knew that if I had crash-landed in a different area, a different human would have let me die, then sent my body to a Laboratory to be examined and probed.
But this was Allice, not some greedy creature willing to make a few Keystones.
I shouldn't judge her. But I will, eventually.
As soon as she grows up and becomes a greedy slob like the rest of them, I will leave. Life saver or not.
I at least had a few more years with her before she would blend in with the rest of them...
I imagined the future to be so far away
but now it has passed and gone,
and without any change.

Wishlist
Pen ~under construction~
Click Us!
Mew Shinigami
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate