Variety seems to be the style of the western region of Desuna. Much of the south is exceptionally flat and has aptly been named the Vast Plains, as the land seems to roll out endlessly. If you reach the northern ends of the plains though, trees begin to appear, growing larger and thicker until you're surrounded by the Roraldi forest. Trees get more sparse toward the north, unable to grow in the surrounding permafrost.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Desuna

Rough Landing (Open)

Postby WayaShinzui » 05/11/2009 12:23 AM

Silben

An odd whirring sound and metal gears grinding could be heard just before something hit the platform. The clockwork garudor caused a few sparks to fly and she slid on her claws and stomach. A teenage girl was thrown off her back. Waya stood shakily and shook her dark blue hair from her eyes. She ran over to Silben, silver eyes wide with worry. "Silben? Silben, you ok?" As Waya reached out to touch the garudor, it's eyes flew open and it blinked a few times. Waya backed up so Silben could get up. Silben looked at Waya. "Did we make it?" Waya smiled. "I think so. Lambastia." Waya looked around at the different bridges surrounding the platform. "Where should we go?" Silben followed Waya's gaze and looked over each bridge. "I'm not sure. Where do you think he landed?" Waya frowned. "I don't know, he could be anywhere. That storm was pretty rough, I surprised we made it." Silben nodded. "It was. I hope we find him soon though. I'm sure he made it."
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 125
Donate

Re: Rough Landing (Open)

Postby WayaShinzui » 05/13/2009 1:07 AM

Waya frowned as she and Silben walked across the platform. Where should they start first. Both of them had been wandering around for several hours. Waya heard a strange grinding sound and looked over at Silben. The garudor seemed to be limping. "Are you alright?" she asked. Silben looked up at her companion. "I'm fine.....Why?" Waya smiled and rolled her eyes. "Come on, lets find a place to sit and I'll see if I can fix it." The pair found a spot near the end of one of the bridges. There weren't many people here. Waya sat cross-legged on the ground. "Let me see it." Silben sat close and held out her leg. Waya poked at it for a while, but couldn't find the problem. "I don't see anything wrong. Maybe it just needs some oil or something." Waya sighed and leaned back. Silben tucked her leg under herself. "Why don't we rest for a while and see if it gets any better?" "Fine."
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby fireplume.tw » 06/06/2009 7:18 AM

Image Cobalt Ferrikoon
Kendrick Knight

Image Wood Rattegan
Kanis Larg

There was a shrill scream and a loud squeak. If you had looked up at that exact time you would've thought you were imagining. A black haired girl with red highlights falling toward the platforms below with a ferrikoon desperately trying to support her with his wings flapping hopelessly. A small wood Rattegen was dangling from the girl's orange scarf that fluttered in the wind.
Then they plummeted toward the earth. Luckily the ferrikoon's flapping did pay off, it softened the blow of hitting the platforms.
"We made it in one piece..." Flamey muttered relievingly to herself, she got up rubbing her head and brushed off all the dirt from landing on the floor. "Whoops, up you go Kane." Quickly the girl bent down and picked up her wood Rattegan. "Thanks Kendrick, without you we would've crumbled into the floor." Beside her was Kendrick who had reluctantly left the safety of their home, Flamey petted Kendrick ignoring his grudging look. "Ah! Lambastia!" Flamey breathed in fresh air her black hair fluttering in the wind.
She turned around to see a garudor and a girl. "'Ello, I'm Flamey!" she walked over letting Kane crawl to her shoulder.
fireplume.tw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 152
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 06/06/2009 2:36 PM

Image Comias

"Gah! Comias! Wait up!" A girl with dirty blonde hair and green eyes was running frantically after a common slynx, making desperate grabs into the air. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't very fast, and, fortunately for Comias, he was known for his speed. His brown tail swung to the side as he looked back at Kat, his 'owner', and gave a trademark slynx grin. She'll naver catch me! he thought, his heart pounding with excitement. I'll be free from her, I'll be free again! No more will I have to serve as a 'companion' to this dork! Finally-- Comias screeched to a halt as he landed right in front of a cobalt ferrikoon, a wood rattegan, and a clockwork garudor.

"Gotcha!" Kat triumphantly grabbed the feline by the scruff, determined not to let him rush off again. She suddenly realized she had company, or, in a sense, company had her, seeing as she had dropped in so unexpectedly. "Sorry about that," she breathed, panting from her run.

Comias: 1/5
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 235
Donate

Postby fireplume.tw » 06/06/2009 8:09 PM

"Oh, It's fine." Flamey waved her hand in the air. She glanced at the common slynx and motioned to her ferrikoon, "This is Kendrick, and this is Kane."

Kane looked at the newcomers slyly. Mistressssss Flame, I sssuggessssst that ah we head off right away, He spoke to her with his hissy thought speech. He may be loyal to the Mistress, but he was still selfish. Her reply was disappointing as she replied sternly, "No, Kane. I want to meet a few more people before we set off, go scavenge for food or something." Kane twitched his ears uneasily for a moment before slinking away into the urban background.

Meanwhile Kendrick was busy grooming his tail. He had noticed and ignored the new girl rudely, picking out dirt randomly from his fur. Then he noticed the Slynx and flew over hovering in the air, "Do you hate your owner as well?" He said outright, wanting something to talk about.
fireplume.tw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 06/07/2009 11:05 AM

Comias looked at the Cobalt Ferrikoon, and gave a sly grin. "Hate? Possibly, but I'm stuck with her. I'm to be her 'companion' for life. Hah!" He snorted. "Like that's ever gonna happen." He flicked his tail to the side. He decided to attempt to mimic Kat, mainly for his own amusement and venting. "Let's go to Lambastia!" he said in a high-pitched, whiny voice. "It'll be fun... we'll get to bond!" The Slynx sighed, and rsted his head on his paws. "I'd much rather take a nice nap or a good cleaning than be here."

Kat listened to Comias make a series of growls, mews, and purrs. He seemed to be talking to the Ferrikoon. She couldn't understand him, for he didn't know how to speak the human tongue. Yet, she thought to herself. But he will, soon. She turned to the girl, watching her Rattegan walk away. They must have been communicating through their minds. Breaking from her thoughts, she said, "Nice pets. That's Comias," she pointed nonchalantly to the Slynx. "He and Kendrick seem to be having a conversation."

Comias: 2/5
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby WayaShinzui » 06/07/2009 4:02 PM

(Sry I didn't post. I forgot to check this topic for a while. x.x)

Waya and Silben looked up and stared in surprise as the other girl and her pets fell to the platform. They exchanged a look and Waya stood. Waya looked worried. "Are you three ok? That was quite a landing. I'm Waya." Silben didn't say anything, just stayed in her spot on the platform. Then another pet came rushing up to them. Silben squawked in surprise. Waya giggled. "It's no problem." she said to the girl who came running after the cat. Silben's feathers were fluffed up and she looked a bit annoyed, but she still stayed quiet. Waya looked at both girls, perhaps they could help her. "Do either of you know where we are? We were aiming for Lambastia, but we got caught up in a storm and crashed here...."
WayaShinzui
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby fireplume.tw » 06/07/2009 5:42 PM

"I'm fine Waya, just a bit dizzy." she turned to the newcomer with the garudor, "I thiiiiink this is the Lambastia World Bridge, I'm heading to Terrace Park for some bonding." Flamey looked at Kendrick who was talking in his growling and hissing way to Comias, "Kendrick never usually talks this much."

"I had to be dragged all the way here." Kendrick snorted, "Like you, my owner was like 'Bonding, YAY!', staying in the house would be much better." he lowered himself onto the floor and slumped. "Oh look." he said boringly as Kane ran across the floor dragging a plastic bag behind him. Vigorating smells emanated from the bag... smells of meat.

Missss, I brought food for you and the othersssss... Oh yes, this place was stocked on food, you could practically find a half eaten sandwich almost anywhere. Kane had feasted and was now in much a better mood, he had only brought leftovers.

"Thank you Kane."  as the Rattegan ripped it open she expected no less than dirty food. Chips and slices of bitten ham tumbled out. She looked at the pets, "That's for you guys." Kendrick eyed it eagerly and nibbled a bit of ham.
fireplume.tw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 06/07/2009 6:36 PM

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is Lambastia World Bridge. I'm not exactly sure where we're headed. I sent my gyrraptor out to Terrace Park to look for a Mr. Wilson, but, obviously, Comias and I have some loyalty issues to work out," she said, giving a glare to the slynx. "I'm Kat, by the way. Sorry my slynx scared your garudor," she added, turning to Waya.

Comias yawned and gave a chuckle of amusement at seeing the garudor annoyed. Oh, how he loved nothing more than to annoy someone... The feline watched as Kane brought a bag of old, rotting food. Hah, as if he cared what condition it was in. Although, a nice, juicy, prime steak would be rather nice... Great. Now he was hungry. "May I?" he asked, and, without waiting for an answer, he reached a claw into the bag, delicately pulling out a half-eaten tuna sandwich.

Comias: 3/5
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby fireplume.tw » 06/09/2009 2:06 AM

Kendrick quickly devoured his slice of ham and licked his lips. Kendrick pulled the bag closer to him and Comias with a squeak of protest from Kane, "Hey!" the rat came closer, "Kendrick, you can be ssssso greedy ssssometimes." Kendrick ignored the hiss from the rattegan and continued digesting his food.

"Mr. Wilsons? I'll probably go look for some later with my other pets. My main reason for going there is sorting out issues with Kendrick." she glared at Kendrick who just turned away.
fireplume.tw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 06/09/2009 1:58 PM

"Mmm, I know what you mean," Kat replied, shuffling her feet. "Comias isn't exactly the most loyal pet, as you could see. "Although, I may have a plan to get him to like me more. Just a thought." She smiled, watching the slynx devour some tuna. "He doesn't know how to speak human, but, many times, he acts like he can understand me. Maybe he's hiding his ability from me... Wow, that sounded stupid when I said that. Why would he do that?"

Comias yawned, licking his chops after a filling meal. He turned to the hissing rattegan. "By the looks of the food, you've already eaten. Aren't you satisfied?" he asked nonchalantly, dissmissing the matter with a wave of his paw. He was a selfish little slynx sometimes. "So..." he continued, strecthing. "Any of you speak the human tongue? Just out of curiosity, ya'know."

Comias: 4/5
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby fireplume.tw » 06/09/2009 6:20 PM

"Kendrick understands me... well sorta, he does it in a reluctant way." Flamey nodded, with slight venom in her voice, "Kane has thought-speech so yeah."

Kane turned away slightly from the slynx, yes he had feasted but he was only pointing out Kendrick was greedy... Right? Kane ignored these thoughts and turned back to the conversation, "Human sssspeech? I've sssseen Russssse do it. He'sssss Missstressssssesssss glacial ssssserraptor. I can only talk to the Missstresss through thought."
Kendrick yawned casually, "Human tongue? Hmmm... I would like too and see how Missy Flame felt if she was constantly tongue lashed by remarks such as: 'Oh KENDRICK, won't you EVER listen?' or: 'Kendrick, we REALLY need to work on your loyalty.'"
fireplume.tw
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 06/17/2009 10:13 AM

((Ack! Sorry for leaving this for so long. I gotta reply faster!))

"Same with Comias. It's like he just doesn't want to please me," she said, hissing slightly. "I've always thought the thought-speech was pretty cool. Maybe I'll get a pet that can do that someday, or train one of my own." She pictured herself trying to teach Comias the Thought-speech, and the slynx growling and snarling. She laughed a bit.

Comias listened to the rattegan speak. "Interesting..." he mused, flicking his tail. He turned to Kendrick. "I know what you mean," he growled. "As if I would ever be loyal to her. Ha! Dream on." He shifted his weight. "I just hope they don't make us do anything stupid."

Comias: 5/5 Level up!
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate