Most of Lambastia's city life can be found along the southeastern coast of Norrega, where settlers feel they are safe from Nori Volcano at the northern tip of the region. Warm gulf winds ensure this region is the most habitable on the continent, though travelers are warned of the disappearances of many venturing too close to the Whisper Forest. Species from all over are housed at the Evelon Preservation Zoo.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Norrega

Of Sisters and Promises [Self]

Postby seiryuu » 05/27/2010 11:09 PM

The planks of the great platform creaked and shuddered as the small venom-colored slynx sprinted towards the signpost. Her coat stuck up every which way and her lilac eyes shone with mischief. She looked like trouble incarnate, her face-splitting grin doing little to assuage any preconceived notions of this fact. She pulled up quickly in front of the post and turned to watch another, slower moving slynx pad her way through the crowd.

If you don't pick up the pace, Keely, I'm going to box your ears again, she called out, her smirk turning vicious.

The glacial slynx in question shook her head and continued at a more sedate pace. And if you do so, Medea, she retorted, you know that you'd be just as sorry as I would be. She sat next her twin and gave a small smile that promised grave retribution for any transgressions against her. Her fur, in contrast to the other female's, was smooth and glossy. She had an upright carriage and a frosty attitude. The two complimented each other well.

She turned her head to scrutinize the signpost. Pray tell, where are you dragging me now?

Can we go now? Are we leaving?
We are, right? Right?
Well?
Are we there yet?
seiryuu
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 115
Donate

Re: Of Sisters and Promises [Self]

Postby seiryuu » 05/27/2010 11:26 PM

Medea practically beamed and turned to the posted map. Right there, she crowed, a clawed forefinger pointed towards a small dot on the map.

Keely leaned forward to inspect where her twin had chosen to pass through next. The Holy City of Aldrect? Seriously? the stoic twin groaned. Her ears drooped slightly and her shoulders seemed to slump. Can't we just not and say we did?

The venom slynx scoffed and waved off the less than enthusiastic response. I bet you're thinking that I chose the city to simply lallygag around and while the days away in the big city.

That is why you chose it.

Her ears pinned back and Medea plastered her most innocent expression across her face. Do you really think so little of me, sister? Her voice quavered slightly and her eyes glistened.

Yes.

We are, right? Right?
Well?
Are we there yet?
seiryuu
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby seiryuu » 05/27/2010 11:34 PM

Medea's features darkened and she refused to meet her twins steady gaze. I did have a surprise for you, you know, she mumbled, flicking a small stone near her paws.

Keely sighed and bumped her head against the other female's shoulder. Stop pouting. It's unseemly. Fine. Lead away. You always do.

Medea perked immediately and made to leap for the bridge to the holy city. She could always count on the pout if the puppy eyes didn't work. If anything, it worked better than the puppy eyes on her beloved twin.

Wait! Right there. Don't move an inch.

The venom slynx looked back, puzzled. Why not?

Keely straightened and her eyes hardened. Medea winced, knowing that whatever was coming was non-negotiable. I want a promise from you.

We are, right? Right?
Well?
Are we there yet?
seiryuu
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby seiryuu » 05/27/2010 11:50 PM

Medea slunk back and crouched next to her twin. With her head hung low, she simply asked What?

Keely smirked and preened. Her sister almost always had the upper hand. Her charisma and natural charm almost always made any argument moot to begin with. She turned to inspect the map of Lambastia, head cocked in contemplation. We will spend some time in your holy city, dear sister,

's not my holy city, she muttered under her breath.

BUT, the glacial slynx continued, when I say it is time to leave, we leave. You have almost no sense of danger and no street sense whatsoever. I am sick of traveling in cities and want time away from the masses.

Medea rolled her eyes. Where are you going with this, again?

Promise me that the next destination will be of my choosing. Promise you won't whine, complain, or find some unholy way to worm yourself out of this. Promise me this, and I'll let you lead for now.

We are, right? Right?
Well?
Are we there yet?
seiryuu
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby seiryuu » 05/28/2010 12:20 AM

Medea bowed her head and ran the promise through her mind. She knew if she agreed out of hand, not only would she incur her twin's wrath, but the other slynx would be hurt and may even return home. She calculated the pros and cons of the promise.
Pro: Holy City. Con: Cold mountains (most likely) afterwards.
Pro: City. Con: Short trip to said city.
Pro: Holy City of Aldrect. Con: Keely in charge.

She sighed and accepted her fate. Fine, I promise, but we have to stay at least a week. I want at least that long in the big city, Keely.

Keely grinned broadly and gracefully stood. Deal. Now let's find your holy city. She turned to the bridge they required, warm pleasure at her victory suffusing through her.

Medea sulked behind her, but with each step forward, her bearing became more and more upbeat. I told you, Medea. It's not my holy city.

Keely and Medea 5/5 +1 level each

We are, right? Right?
Well?
Are we there yet?
seiryuu
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate