Most of Lambastia's city life can be found along the southeastern coast of Norrega, where settlers feel they are safe from Nori Volcano at the northern tip of the region. Warm gulf winds ensure this region is the most habitable on the continent, though travelers are warned of the disappearances of many venturing too close to the Whisper Forest. Species from all over are housed at the Evelon Preservation Zoo.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Norrega

<Insert Epic Title of Win Here> [P; potterchic and Euwon]

Postby potterchic » 06/07/2010 10:12 PM

Thalia landed in front of a girl, a Candy Corn Kitrell following her and a Sleepyheart carefully held in her front paws. The silly things had decided to tag along on her 'vacation'. Arianna had said that she needed to get out and use her Paragon form a bit more, and suggested that she explore all of Evelon. Of course, two of the few flying creatures at Firedance decided to follow her, the younger of the two falling asleep on the way, and Thalia had to dive to catch him. The other was just being annoying, flitting around and tickling her.
Neither of the two really had a name, although both were obviously male. Would Arianna mind if she tried to figure out their names, or just gave them each a name that she liked? They had to like the Sparkdrake, seeing as they had followed her...
Oh, right, the human. Thalia set down the Sleepyheart, then shifted into her human form. Arianna probably wouldn't be happy with her because of this, but she was only shifting to make things a bit less awkward.

"Umm... Hello. Let's play a sort of game! Let's say that, hypothetically, I'm maybe sort of kind of... lost. Hypothetically, of course, do you think you would be willing to point the hypothetical me in the direction of Terrace Park?"

((Sorry about the human form. For the rest of the journey and stuff Thalia will be keeping to her Paragon form.))
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Re: <Insert Epic Title of Win Here> [P; potterchic and Euwon]

Postby Eunwon » 06/08/2010 6:21 PM

Eunwon was trudging along a dirt trail, not really knowing where she was going. She had wanted to go to Terrace Park, but that wasn't working out to well for her. She sighed, her mind was currently off in a different land, and she didn't really notice anything else that could have been going on. Short dark brown hair whipped in her face from the wind, and her petite figure looked even smaller against her giant companion. ''Squawwwkkk" Cedar shrieked, impatient with the slow pace of his trainer. He wasn't the type of pet to annoy, as he was known for his tempers. "Oh, shush. You don't know where we're going either." Eunwon exclaimed, as she patted his beak. The only pet that actually had a tint of respect for her, he quickly became Eunwon's favorite. He was even honored with being her companion on the very first journey, which, dissapointingly, he wasn't really contributing with. They walked on, and Cedar had only made a few more squaks before they saw a group of pets, all seeming to be follow a large, er, paragon? But the catch was that the 'paragon' seemed to change forms, right in front of their eyes, to a human. Eunwon gasped, and suddenly the ''human'' started to speak.
Terrace Park? Excatly where she was headed, strange, not? Well, she wasn't going to be a help. "Er, I'm sorry, but that's where I'm headed, and... well... I think I'm quite lost, too." Eunwon said this while blushing, her face getting hotter every second. "Perfect, a great way to meet some. Lost and embarresed. Just perfect. She thought, and then, she suddenly realized the fact that this person wasn't really 'person' at all.

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright
so take a breath and count to ten
and maybe you can dream again

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 563
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/08/2010 7:47 PM

Oh. Well that kind of stunk. "Oh, well..." Why hadn't she taken a map with her? Then she wouldn't have even had to stop here. "Do you think that we could find a map anywhere around here? I'm going to several other places after Terrace Park, so it would be useful. Oh, oh, I know! We can travel together, at least to Terrace Park! That is, as long as you don't mind me being a Paragon for the rest of the trip. I'm not supposed to be using my human form for a while." Thalia babbled on. Her mind was terribly chaotic, and when paired with the energy of a Sparkdrake, the results could be nearly disastrous. Or, they would be for anyone listening.

While Thalia talked, the Kitrell decided that he wanted to see the big bird. Nothing like this lived at Firedance, and it seemed interesting to him at the time. He flitted over, landing on top of the bird's beak. How interesting... He pressed his head against Cedar's, small enough that he could easily fit in-between the Garudor's eyes. This... thing was much more interesting than the dragons he had travelled here with. The little one fell asleep too easily, and never did anything fun. The big one would softly roar at him if he tried to play. Would the white and red thing stay still long enough for him to explore a bit? Red and white... Like a candy cane? Maybe... He stuck out his tongue, quickly swiping it across as much of Cedar that he could. "No, don't do that!" Thalia screamed at him, waving her arms around like a crazy person. Well it didn't matter now, anyway. This definitely wasn't a candy cane.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 06/08/2010 9:14 PM

"Well, I guess that will work." Eunwon said, still not sure about this... Paragon. "I mean, we don't really have anything else to do. Right, Cedar?" She turned to her Garudor as she spoke. He squaked gently and nodded his head, which seemed to be a 'yes'. "Ok, then. We will go with you, thanks for offering. And, I'm pretty sure if we just keep following this trail, it will lead us to Terrace Park. Not positive though, but there will be someone along that way that we can ask." Eunwon smiled fondly as she spoke, "I'm so excited, my very first adventure! This will be great, oh, and that's fine if you want to stay a Paragon." After celebrating 'childishly' some more, she realized the one flying companion of Thalia's seemed to have taken a liking to Cedar. She giggled, slightly nervous for Cedar's reaction, as the little Kitrell licked his face. "Strange," Eunwon thought as the Garudor didn't seem to mind, actually, he did mind, but in a good way. Cedar held a playful expression, not often seen, and he seemed to be asking the little flying pet for another lick. "He's never like that!" Eunwon exclaimed, truly astounded. "Wow, your friend must be pretty special for Cedar to like him. Maybe it's a sign that we are meant to travel together after all! Within minutes the 'gang' began their journey, and Eunwon held her smile the whole way. Cedar was enjoying himself with his new friend, and it seemed as if nothing could go wrong. She sighed dreamily, wait until she got even more pets! This Thalia seemed alright, too. Even if she was human and Paragon, Eunwon knew they would get along just fine. The road seemed to go on forever, and Eunwon couldn't wait to reach the end.

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/08/2010 10:14 PM

The Sleepyheart couldn't help but open one of his eyes for a minute or two to see what was going on, what with the voices and the noise. His vision was fuzzy, but he could make out two humanoid shapes. The big dragon was in a different body again. But who was the other one? Let's see, there was something red and white... Like the Gyrraptor, the one who told him off for falling asleep and accidentally drooling on things. And there was that strange little Kitrell, licking him! Oh, this might be funny! ...why wasn't the Garudor mad at the Kitrell? Oh well. At least the smaller pet would be occupied for a while.

Thalia was shocked. The Kitrell... was fine. The Garudor even seemed to like him!

"Strange. He's never like that!

"Maybe it is a sign... Cool beans! Oh, wait a minute..." Thalia morphed into a Paragon again. "NOW we can go and have the best adventure EVER!"

After a while of travelling, Thalia saw it as her duty to strike up conversation. "Do you think that we could find a Mr. Wilson in the park? There's one where I live, but he's old and grumpy." She glanced over at the Kitrell, who was flying around Cedar and currently checking out his new friend's feet. The Sleepyheart had stayed awake for a surprisingly long time, and was alternating between flying and walking along the path. This Eunwon person was cool. She and her Garudor seemed to be bringing out the best in all of them!

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 06/09/2010 6:03 PM

[ OOC: I decided I don't want any more 'regular' pets... It's just kind of annoying, as anyone can have them and they really aren't as 'special'. So I'm going to take Cedar off, sort of. Eunwon will leave with Cedar and but the Kitrell will stay, and then I'll add Ciasto [descrip in keep] my Cake Kuhna, who is sort of going to take Cedar's place. After that, I may add others or not. Sorry about the confusion, I hope this works =) ]

The journey continued, and Eunwon was certainly having a good time. The whole 'lot' of them was interesting, and she really couldn't think of a better way to travel. "Oh, hold on a second, I think there is something there. Oh, there, look there!" She exclaimed, pointing to a bush that was shaking. As soon as she finished her sentence, a little Cake Kuhna jumped out and ran to Eunwon, though stopping a little bit before she reached her legs to look up at her with twinkling eyes. Eunwon smiled but she had a worried look on her face, "Ciasto, what are you doing here? You've never ran away from the pen before... Is something wrong?" The little Kuhna looked slightly ashamed, but she rubbed her face against Eunwon's legs. She seemed to be acting friendly, but the truth was that she was trying to prepare her for what was coming next. "Sorry about that, Ciasto seems to have followed us, I guess." Eunwon said, slightly ashamed. "Um, well, I'm not sure what to do." Things seemed to calm down a bit, until suddenly the Kuhna put a small letter in Eunwon's hand. She looked surprised as she read the note, she didn't seem to notice it when Ciasto had first been found. "Here, I'll read it aloud." Eunwon started to read, "Dear Ms. Eunwon, your pen has come to our concern as we found it within flames a little while ago. We sent this note with your faithful Kuhna, as she was the only pet that remained. Your Matches, Hollowheart, and two Kalamari seemed to have escaped. We doubt they will return, too. The group of them seemed untrained and disloyal, although they all seemed to be waiting on something, the leader of your pen, perhaps? We are very sorry about this mess, and as you had insurance, you will recieve multiple KS. You may want to spend these on more pets. Thank You Much!" As Eunwon finished reading, her voice shook. This was horrible, dreaded, the worst dream. Impossible. Her stomach was churning, and all the air seemed to have been sucked out of her. "Oh. No." She whispered weakly, saddened with greif. "They'll want Cedar as their leader, I have to go back. Now. Sorry. I must go." Puddles were forming at the ends of her eyes. "Cedar's going to have to come with me. Ciasto, you stay." Eunwon turned to the group one last time, "She can speak, just ask. I'm so sorry, that was going to be so much fun, I could tell." With that, she jumped on the Garudor's wings, and flew away.

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/21/2010 6:33 PM

"Whoa... That's scary. I'm so sorry Eunwon." Thalia was shocked, and she probably didn't really sound sympathetic, but it didn't matter now. "I hope you can find them..." She just watched as Cedar and Eunwon flew away. "So... Ciasto? I guess you'll be the one going on an adventure with us. This should be fun. Maybe we can find a Mr. Wilson! Although it might get awkward if the Mr. Wilson is a girl... ANYWAY..." The only thing that was getting awkward was the conversation at the moment... But the Candy Corn Kitrell decided to break the ice.

He flitted over to the kuhna who smelled like sugar, snuggling into her back. This was the best pet ever! There was no way that he'd leave her now. "Oh, great. Now you choose to be clingy. Leave her alone and just... go scout ahead!" The kitrell made a point of sticking out his long tongue while he just sat there.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 06/22/2010 12:11 PM

Ciasto was... shocked? But in a way, she wasn't surprised the creatures had ran away. I mean, Eunwon wasn't like the best trainer ever, and most of those pets never had been trained. The only thing that was really bothering her is the fact that Eunwon was going to let Cedar go. She could keep him if she really wanted to, but that just isn't Eunwon. Ciasto looked at her new companions, the Sleepyheart was sleeping - guess that wasn't new. Thalia seemed nice enough, and the Kitrell was cute.

"Mr. Wilson?" Ciasto asked, she heard of those. Why not, it will expand the pen, "Sure that would be fun!"

Ciasto turned to look at the Kitrell, who was snuggling in her back. She let out a little laugh, the little guy was cute. "Hey little guy, what's your name?" She asked, and Ciasto could tell he was going to be a handful on the journey. But then again, sometimes a handful of trouble can make everything more entertaining.

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/22/2010 2:45 PM

"Yeah! We've got one back where we live, but he's all old and mean and grumpy. I bet it'd cheer up Eunwon if you brought her back a Mr. Wilson! If you want, you can go more places than just Terrace Park with us, too! I wanna explore all of Evelon, starting here and ending... Somewhere else. There are so many things to do!" Thalia got excited again. It was all too easy, really. Even if everything seemed to be a tragedy, her personality demanded that she find a bright side- in this case the bright side happened to be Ciasto. She watched the way that the Kitrell clung to her new friend- it seemed to like her even more than Cedar. On her back, the Sleepyheart stirred, but Thalia didn't worry. He had probably used up all of his energy for the day. He wouldn't wake up for a while.

"Hey little guy, what's your name?"

"Oh... He doesn't have a name. How about you name him! I'm sure that Arianna wouldn't mind! Actually, she probably doesn't mind at all that he followed me, either... If she knows. I'll have to tell her when we get to the park. If I can't find a phone or something, there's something REALLY cool that I can do that I want to show you anyway."

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 06/25/2010 12:54 PM

"Oh, Ok. I understand. I would love to explore to! This world is so amazing and full of adventure. Honestly, I can't wait! And Eunwon would be very happy if we brought her back a pet, our pen is a little bit empty at the moment..." Ciasto smiled gratefully, it was nice to have someone she could do things with, and Thalia seemed like the perfect person to adventure with.

"Really? Well I'll observe him a little bit more so I can find a perfect name.... Really Cool, eh? I'm excited!" Ciasto gave a little leap of joy, how exciting - her first adventure!

(( OOC: Sorry for such a short post... ))

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/27/2010 7:13 PM

"I really want to meet one of those Hunters. I bet they know a lot, and they could be pretty helpful. The only thing is... I've heard that people have to give something up to help the Hunter get out of Basantha. I dunno if it's true or not... But I really can't help but want to find out. I guess curiosity killed the cat AND the Paragon." Thalia almost immediately started giggling, the sound seeming strange coming from a dragon. She didn't seem to realize just how awful her pun was.

"Okie-dokie then. Although it might take a while, he seems a little too comfortable right now to do much." Sure enough, the Kitrell snuggled a bit deeper into Ciasto's fur. Thalia almost wished that the Sleepyheart would do the same thing. "You know, the little guy on my back needs a name, too. I think I want something from Greek mythology, like Morpheus. He was the god of dreams. What do you think?"

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 06/28/2010 7:00 PM

"Interesting, I think I've heard of those. They're pretty rare, right? Any addition to my pen would be nice, really. But those Hunters you've been talking about sound much more interesting then Mr. Wilson. Not that I should be picky or anything..." Ciasto laughed lightly at Thalia's poor joke. It seemed the Paragon didn't realize her joke was pretty horrid, but whatever - Ciasto didn't care if her companion had good jokes or not, after all, it's not like she could adventure on her own. "So, where do you want to start? Terrace Park or the Shrine, or we could go somewhere else, too. I've heard of Snickeys and Wombears and Palmies, as well!"

"Morpheus. Sounds perfect, really. I mean, dreaming seems to be this guy's 'thing'. Are there a lot more companions at your pen?" The Cake Kuhna was happy that Thalia had asked her opinion, it showed she actually valued Ciasto's opinion, which was a comforting thought. She laughed again as the little Kitrell snuggled into her fur. How she wished she could just take him home! She was forming a liking for this guy...

Oh, she had almost forgot! The thing that she had been dying to ask all along... This would be a little awkward but it should be worth it. "Just wondering, Thalia, is, erm, Alexander a resident in your keep?" She cast a sidelong glance at the Paragon, a little nervous. After all, this was the owner of the pen. "And, if he is, is he, er, coming out here at all?" Ciasto took a big gulp and smiled, hoping for the best.

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/28/2010 10:44 PM

"Yeah. I really wanna see one someday. ALL of the wild pets are pretty cool. I think that we should probably go to Terrace Park first, just to start getting ready. Then we can take turns picking places until we've been everywhere in Lambastia! Or at least everywhere with wild pets. Then we can take a boat over to Barakka. I figure we should make sure that we go to the Dead Coast last, though. That'd probably make things easier."

__

Morpheus. The Sleepyheart could hear them talking about his new name. Morpheus wasn't that bad a name, really. A bit... weird, for modern times, but oh well.

__

"Yeah, lots! Most of them just sort of live there and do whatever they want. I think a bunch of them are going to go train somewhere soon. Did you hear about the tournament? I don't think they'll be ready in time, but they might as well train for the next one." Could Thalia one day be a fighting pet? She had several traits that could help... and it might be fun. She'd talk to Bellum about it.

"Alexander? Yeah, w- oh. Ciasto. I didn't make the connection, silly me! He's been wanting to see you, ya' know. He's been acting different, and even admitted some stuff." She grinned, although anyone who didn't know her might've thought the Paragon was baring her teeth. "Ya' know, I could get him to come when we reach the park. I could just tell him that I need his help, and he'll show up pretty quick."

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 06/29/2010 3:26 AM

"Sounds perfect! I can't wait to go, but I believe Eunwon told me I can't leave until Maho comes back safe. He went missing a while ago to check out some park and nobody has seen him since... I'm really worried, but I'm sure he'll be OK, Maho is a pretty tough Gyrraptor." Ciasto sighed, she wanted to go now! She really couldn't wait to start her journey, especially because of the new friends she made and then possibility that she could take a new friend home!

The tournament... Ciasto had heard about that but she would have to admit she wasn't really interested. Fighting wasn't really her thing, Ciasto was much to sweet for that. But she was sure others in her pen would enjoy it more, although it would require a lot of intense training. So, probably not this year. "Yeah, I've heard of it, and you entering would be really cool, and I'd be sure to cheer you on. But it would take a lot of training, well, at least from what I've heard."

Acting different? Was that good or bad? And what about admitting stuff? Again, Ciasto couldn't tell what she meant for sure. Her heart fluttered as she thought about meeting him, everything would be perfect if he came! She let out another sigh, besides the thrill of Alexander himself was just part of what she was hoping for. Her kits. The words even sounded amazing. They were in the nursery at the moment, she wasn't sure what they were doing there but it was what happened with every litter and Eunwon had trusted the Scientists, too. So why shouldn't she? "Oh yes, Thalia! That would be just perfect. Would you really do that? Thank you so much!" Ciasto was smiling her fullest, and her eyes were sparkling, oh, she couldn't wait at all!

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 06/29/2010 2:13 PM

"Aw well. I hope Maho comes back okay. It'll take a while to get out of here, anyway. Then we'll find you a nice friend! With shoes!" Although Thalia really wanted to get going, she understood how Eunwon wouldn't want two of her pets potentially getting lost. She had no idea how Eunwon would contact them, though.

"I don't think I'll enter it myself. I'm not quite ready for it. But I think that some pets that live at my place would like it. We've got a Battleheart who would be into it." She would need a lot more training before she did something like that. A whole lot more. However, so would anyone else at her pen that wanted to enter the tournament.

Nodding happily, Thalia watched Ciasto grin. "Yep. He'd come, one way or another. Maybe when we get to Barakka you two could go to Idalini for a bit..." Although she acted like she was disgusted if someone started getting mushy around her, the Paragon was a sucker for romance.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next