Most of Lambastia's city life can be found along the southeastern coast of Norrega, where settlers feel they are safe from Nori Volcano at the northern tip of the region. Warm gulf winds ensure this region is the most habitable on the continent, though travelers are warned of the disappearances of many venturing too close to the Whisper Forest. Species from all over are housed at the Evelon Preservation Zoo.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Norrega

Where are We Going Again? (self)

Postby RunicSiren » 06/08/2010 9:36 PM

Rune sat cross legged as she stared at the map. "Where do you think we should go, Tarko?" The Fenling sitting on her shoulder just glanced over before going back to sleep. "Well, that's nice of you," she muttered, going back to the map.

"Maybe if you didn't keep asking him," the Fellox lying next to her said, rasing his head to stare at her.

Rune stared back at him for a moment before sighing, her shoulders slumping.“You’re right, Klick. I just want this trip to be fun. It’s the first time the five of us are going exploring together.” Immediately she seemed to perk up. “Doesn’t that make you excited?”

Klick just shook his head. “You’re more trouble than you’re worth,” he muttered.

“What was that?” Rune asked, having tuned the Fellox out when she went back to the map.

“Nothing.”

“Here.” A Nyghtmare leaned over Rune’s shoulder, pointing at the map.

Rune ‘hmmed,’ not the slightest bit bothered by the Nyghtmare’s close proximity. “Terrace Park. That sounds like a good idea, Gia,” Rune said, turning to smile at the Nyghtmare who remained silent. “What do you think, Klick?”

“Anywhere is fine just so long as we go.”

“We go?” the Fenling asked, jumping up on Rune’s shoulder. “We go finally?”

“Yes, yes, Tarko,” Rune said, petting his head before she stood up. “Now, where did Rikko get off to?”

Klick growled lightly, looking around, but it was Gia who spotted him first. “There,” she said, pointing behind the group.

A Ferrikoon ran up to them, quickly scampering up Rune, much to Tarko’s protest, clinging to her head. He chattered away at something at was swiftly coming toward them. “Uh oh,” Rune muttered.

“Stupid Ferrikoon ,” Klick muttered.
Name: Tarko
Level: 2
RunicSiren
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 115
Donate

Re: Where are We Going Again? (self)

Postby RunicSiren » 06/08/2010 10:03 PM

A Shartile ran up to them, hissing and growling. “Rikko,” Rune moaned, “you didn’t!”

But sure enough, Rikko was wearing the Shartile’s prized skull on his own head. He let out a happy bark, seemingly quite proud of himself.

Rune backed up, trying to stay away from the Shartile. “Klick, Gia, either of you want to help?”

Gia shook her head, turning her back on the whole scene, swishing her tail to let Rune know she wasn't about to get invovled. Klick snorted in amusement, getting up and moving away from the girl. “You’re on your own, Rune.”

"Great,"she said sarcastically. “You’re a real help.”

“Go way!” Tarko shouted from her shoulder, growling at the Shartile, before looking up at Rikko. "Stupid Ferrikoon! Cause problems always!" Both creatures took no notice of the Fenling, continuing to growl at each other.

“Rikko,” Rune said reaching up to grab the skull from the Farrikoon’s head. Rikko barked his objection, crawls sinking into the hand that had grabbed the skull. "Ow!"
RunicSiren
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RunicSiren » 06/09/2010 1:19 PM

“Bad!” Tarko shouted before he bit Rikko’s tail and yanked as hard as he could.

Rikko yelped when he suddenly found himself pulled off Rune’s head, hanging upside down. He looked up to see Tarko still clutching his tail between his teeth and hissed. With a few angry barks and furious flaps of his small wings the Ferrikoon managed to break free from the Fenling’s grip. He flew up into Tarko’s face, giving one angry bark before he flew over to land on Klick’s head.

“Get off!” Klick growled, shaking his head to make Rikko fall off. Rikko gave a bark, slightly put out. He sat on his hind legs giving the Fellox his best puppy eyed expression. Klick growled at him again, snapping his teeth close to Rikko’s head, causing the Ferrikoon to fly up above him. “That’s never worked before! Why would it now?”

Rikko flew toward Gia but stopped when he stared at her. “No,” she snorted. “You shouldn’t have bitten the human. She’s the only one who tolerates your nonsense, although I don’t see why.”

“Cause he’s fun!” Rune answered, placing the skull on the ground in front of the Shartile.

“No, he’s not,” Gia said, snorting again.

Klick nodded. “I agree.”

Rune ignored them, turning her attention to the Shartile. “Here ya go.” As soon as she let go of the skull the Shartile rushed forward, biting her hand before she could pull it away for good measure, then running off with the skull clutched between its claws. “Ow! Why does everyone bite that hand?”

“Throw,” Tarko said as he resettled himself on Rune’s shoulders.

“That would have been the smart thing to do,” Klick said, Gia nodded just slightly to show her agreement.

“Well, that suggestion would have been helpful a little earlier, guys,” Rune said, staring at her hand. “Ow.”

Tarko tilted his head. “Hurt?”

“Not too much. It just stings a bit.”

Rikko bark lightly. “It’s okay, Rikko.” The Ferrikoon barked again, this time happily, flying up to perch on Rune’s head again as Tarko slid down her arm.
RunicSiren
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RunicSiren » 06/09/2010 2:30 PM

After Tarko used his First Aid skills to bandage Rune’s hand she hugged the Fenling t her. “Thanks, Tarko.” He responded by licking her cheek before hopping back onto her shoulder.

“You’re lucky that Fenling has those skills, otherwise you’d be covered in scares,”  Klick said as he got up.

“I know,” Rune said brightly, not realizing that the Fellox had been trying to scold her clumsiness.

“Never mind,” he growled under his breath.

“She’ll never change you know,” Gia stated, standing next to him. Her eyes danced with mirth, amused at Klick’s annoyance.

He growled. “I know.”

“Then why do you stay?”

“I have my reasons.”

Gia studied him for a moment. “Very well.”

The two turned their attention to the other three members of their group. Rune was currently trying to avoid claws as Tarko tried to pull Rikko off her head while Rikko waved his tail in the Fenling’s face. “Guys, stop!”

“Get off!” Tarko shouted. Rikko just chatted angrily at him, a mischievous look on his face. The Ferrikoon leaned down, placing paws on Rune’s face, grabbing one of Tarko’s tails. “Off! Off!”

“Enough!” Rune shouted in exasperation. She pulled Rikko off her head, dislodging his teeth from Tarko’s tail. The young woman held the Ferrikoon in one arm, patting Tarko’s head to calm him down with the other. “You two are so much trouble.”

‘And you aren’t?’ Gia and Klick both thought.
RunicSiren
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RunicSiren » 06/09/2010 3:04 PM

“Does this mean we’re ready to go now?” Klick asked as Rune finally turned her attention to him and Gia.

“Yep!”

“Finally,” the Nyghtmare muttered. “Terrace Park is this way,” she said using her head to point.

“All right, group! Onward!” Rune shouted happily, Rikko barking in response.

“What we do there?” Tarko asked.

“Hmm,” Rune said, tilting her head back and putting a finger to her lips.

‘I know that look,’ Klick thought with a mental groan.

“We can figure it out on the way,” Gia said, already walking away.

“You’re right, Gia,” Rune said, perking back up. “Ready, Klick?”

Klick just stared at her before following Gia. “Just make sure the Ferrikoon stays away from me.”

“Aw, that’s mean, Klick.”

Rikko barked in agreement, curling up in Rune’s arms, acting like he was hurt.

“Actor no,” Tarko said, glaring down at the Ferrikoon.

“Now, now, Tarko.”

“Leave,” he said.

Rune looked up, seeing that Klick and Gia were a fair distance away. “Ah! Guys, wait up!” she shouted running after them, Tarko clinging on for dear life, Rikko squeaking in protest, looking quite perturbed.

‘This is going to be a long trip,’ Klick thought as he paused for a moment to look back at the running girl. He simply shook his head and continued walking. ‘Long trip.’
RunicSiren
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate