Most of Lambastia's city life can be found along the southeastern coast of Norrega, where settlers feel they are safe from Nori Volcano at the northern tip of the region. Warm gulf winds ensure this region is the most habitable on the continent, though travelers are warned of the disappearances of many venturing too close to the Whisper Forest. Species from all over are housed at the Evelon Preservation Zoo.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Norrega

An Actor's Works @@ [minor drug use, ah!]

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 8:25 PM

Ambre
The Tali-man stepped upon the stage he had made for himself in the middle of the square.
"Here, I shall act out all of the stories which I see fit. You see, I am an artist. An artist! Inspired!"
He flourished his arms vigorously, his face alive with vigor.
"And if your patient ears do attend, I will attempt with my greatest performance to leave an impression upon your very souls."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Re: An Actor's Works @@ [self]

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 8:30 PM

"Now, I shall assume the character of Benvolio. I assume that you all know him? Yes? Montague's man, from the timeless story of Romeo and Juliet..."
Ambre sighed, taking the hat from his head and tucking it behind his back with an arm across his stomach. Even with his face covered in the shadows of the dusk, his eyes burned with passion. He stayed like that for a moment, further drawing the attention of the small crowd that had been accumulating.
"I weep for it's tragedy."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 8:35 PM

"I don't know where life is going to go from here. It used to be that the three of us were always together - Romeo, Mercutio, and I. Every day, we'd peruse Verona with each other. Sometimes it was to rough up some Capulets, but other times, we were just trying to enjoy each other's company.
Now, I'm the only one left. And... I'm scared."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 8:37 PM

"I would never be able to admit it to anyone; I may be manly, but I'm not manly enough to be uncaring of the judgment of others.
With Mercutio, maybe things would have been okay. We had been losing hold on Romeo ever since he had set his eyes on the nun Rosaline. His loss, at least, was not permanent. Or it would not have been, if he hadn't gotten himself banished."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 8:40 PM

"A woman's grasp can only hold a man fast for so long. The love between brothers runs much deeper.
Mercutio can NEVER come back. Tybalt - may he fry in Hell, that villain - has slain him. And there is no escape from the embrace of Death as there is from the embrace of a woman."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 8:54 PM

"Now, I am alone. Completely and utterly alone. Forlorn in this empty, echoing solitude. I have not a woman nor the drive to hunt one down as a distraction. Perhaps now I can understand more fully Romeo's feelings of loss at Rosaline, however foolish they may have been."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 9:03 PM

"I almost wish that I had received the same fate. That I had died, too.
To think that God has forsaken me so... That he has left me to rot here in the Hell of Verona, made only more Hellish by its beautiful face...
Separated from that which I hold nearest and dearest to my heart..."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 9:06 PM

"Do be patient, Benvolio. Do be patient, self. Soon enough, you, too, shall be wrenched from your home without a heart. Then, perhaps by the newly restored grace of God, should you be able to have Romeo and Mercutio again...
And things shall be how they always have been: whole."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 11:01 PM

Ambre bowed deeply with a grin. He accepted the smattering of applause humbly. In the way of the street performer, he passed his hat around for coins. Stones chinked about. In the end, he had made about 15 Keystones for his efforts.
"Not too shabby, not too shabby! Thank you all for your kindness." He blew a kiss.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 11:05 PM

"Intermission, intermission," the Tali-man called over the babbling that had sprung up. "I'll only be a moment, folks. Next is a tale from good old England!"
The theatrical smile he sported faded like fog in the sunshine as he turned away from the crowd. "Zydrate comes in a little glass vial... A little glass vial? A little glass vial... Where the f/ck is that stuff?!"
He rummaged through his bags violently, looking for his little needle of heaven. "There you are... Ahhhh~"
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: An Actor's Works @@ [minor drug use, ah!]

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 11:09 PM

"Ah yes, Ambre Sweet is addicted to the knife... Hahah! There's no knife here; only me and my works..." he mumbled psychotically, fighting back the urge to cackle. His head swam. The world faded in and out of focus... He was floating. Floating away, ha! Floating away from his uncharacteristic timidity was more like it.
Ambre [Sweet] had decided to fight his stage fright with drugs, and it was the best decision that he had ever made in his life.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 11:13 PM

He returned to center stage rejuvenated.
"Welcome back!" Ambre cried, though he had been the only one to leave. "As I promised, I will now weave a tale of the times of long ago, in a pretty fine place called England. Specifically, the beheading of the queen Mary of Scots!"
He accepted the gasps as gladly as he had accepted the Keystones before. Emotion and Zydrate: the only things he could ever need.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 11:15 PM

"The excitement of the crowd was overpowering, despite its minimal size. We had been waiting for this for far too long, lusting after the spill of her blood like hounds on the chase. This woman, this Queen of Scots, was a traitor, a threat to the longevity of out great Queen Elizabeth! And yet Old Bess was still reluctant to take her life... Well, there was no turning back now."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 11:17 PM

"Mary had begun her ascent of the executioner's staircase, resigned to her fate. We squealed on, relentless, howling to the sky for the death of this woman. It must have taken a lot to stop herself from crying, what with her impending death and the sting of our obvious hate. How do I know this? Because I was there."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chayden » 06/21/2011 11:19 PM

"Mary had been dressed in red. Despite the fact that she had been convicted fairly of the highest treason, she still fancied herself a martyr. If anything, her stoic expression on fueled our rage more. Off with her head, off with her head, wipe this filth from the face of our clean Earth!
Her steps were unfaltering as she made her way to the chopping block."
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next