Most of Lambastia's city life can be found along the southeastern coast of Norrega, where settlers feel they are safe from Nori Volcano at the northern tip of the region. Warm gulf winds ensure this region is the most habitable on the continent, though travelers are warned of the disappearances of many venturing too close to the Whisper Forest. Species from all over are housed at the Evelon Preservation Zoo.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Norrega

Leaving Home~

Postby RunningAir » 09/19/2011 9:43 PM

-Earlier, at Home; will arive at the World Bridge soon-

The land was soft here- and cold. It was autumn- which was arid in this area, and the slight breeze was cold enough to raise chill bumps and chill one to their core. However, the man that stood at the edge of this plot of cleared land was used to this climate, and it did little more to him than cause him to wrap his scarf once more around his neck. The man was thin, and seemed older than he looked, more mature. Far more. October stood now, not swaying in the breeze that was charactoristic for his homeland's typical autumn. Near a small tree, frosted slightly in the first frost of the season, a weak frost. The leaves swayed, clinging to their ports with all of their remaining strength, colored in crimson reds, flaming oranges, and sickly yellow-greens. Fall colors. He glanced out over the corn stalks in the feild next to his plot, his older sister's feild. She was famous for her farming ability- and she could grow all of the crops that grew here naturally, corn, apples, and wheat. October prefered the apples.
October just stood there, listening to the wind through the trees- whistling, and the wind through the cornstalks, moaning like an old man getting out of bed. The sky was darkening, an orange near the sunset- the sun had already disappeared over the edge of the world. The orange was a dark shade of carrot-flame. Then, it faded to a purple, and the full moon lit the sky, dancing with it's maids, the stars. Twinkling, bright. Orange and purple... A bonfire shown in the distance, over at his sister's farm. October sighed, smelling the autumn-y scent of burning leaves and oak wood. Precious. He knew that this was going to be one of his last days at home. He would be back, he planned, in a few months. Until then, he was ready to explore- to deepen his training as a Clfever Folk.
He felt somthing behind him cause all of the hair on the back of his neck stand up, and he knew instantly that it was his Myuu Reaper, an Ominous black cat. However, that was the thing that would upset most people.
The creature walked easily, gently, calmly over to the fence, an old wooden fence, like fog playing over the earth- rolling. Then, he lept up onto the fencepost, and turned towards the sunset- or the last of it. The wind blew over the glowing cat, it's bright green eyes reflecting the marvelous sight. The coin on it's collar shimmered in the remaining light, twisting in a half circle, and then back around again- a bright circle, like the moon or sun.
Then, the creature spoke, in an easily human voice- a twinkling tenor, a bright bell.
"Nice to see the bonfire tonight."
At these words, October just nodded.

1 Post
Pull me close and look into my eyes! Smile at me when you stick in the knife...
We're bleeding into a cup, when we've got enough we'll just paint the walls!
We don't care how much it hurts, You think you're cursed, it's what you deserve.
You're talking in rock and roll; Walking karaoke soul!
I can see you desperate to please... Let me treat you for your disease.

~Karaoke Soul by Tom McRae~

-Pen-//-Character-//-Wishlist-
RunningAir
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 25
Donate

Re: Leaving Home~

Postby RunningAir » 09/22/2011 8:20 PM

The bonfire blazed in the distance solemnly. Silence reigned largely, despite taboo whisperings of the wind. The reaper's eyes wondered up to the heavens, mismatched orbs searching the cosmos for a sign, for any sign. Seemingly. "When are we leaving, October." Not a question. Somthing to make the man speak. The cat turned it's sleek head towards the male, tails curled around it in a catlike perfection. Strange in and of itself. Too perfect. The bell tied around it's leg tingled slightly. The man turned his own face towards the stars overhead, slightly overcovered by darkeness, the moon golden in it's orbit. His green eyes glistened in their radience. Then, finally. "Tonight." He sighed slightly, breathing out gently, showing his oneness with his surroundings. Then, suddenly, he turned, and plucked a green apple from the tree behind him, and tossed it towards the myu reaper deftly. "Tonight is as good as any, neh?"
The man watched as he cat shifted, silently, too quickly for him to see- and cought the apple in a slightly morphed paw; then- shifted back, seemlessly. The beast had resembled a neko-mata- for all of a few split seconds, and then back into a normal myu reaper. It was now sitting on the post once more, placing the green apple down out of it's jaws, and chewing vigourously to bite a chunk off. October watched as the beast finished it's apple, and silence once again picked up his throne. Then, the cat finished, leaving afew seeds on the ground. "Agreed." Then, the beast picked up the few seeds in it's mouth, and leapt from the fence post, shimmering- shifting and then shifting back, touching the ground lightly as a cat. Only the deftest of eye could have sighted the slight shimmer. Then, the beast slid up to the man, and stood in front of him, it's coin glowing, tails blown slightly in the wind in opposite directions- one to the wind, the other to an invisible wind.
"Shall we pack."
"Yes."

2 Posts
We don't care how much it hurts, You think you're cursed, it's what you deserve.

RunningAir
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RunningAir » 09/24/2011 12:06 PM

At this, October turned about, and began walking towards a house, his home for the last fifteen years. A typical farm house, made of brick- and two stories high. However, it was a modest house despite this, surrounded by October's farmland, and his sister's farmland. The man passed his stables, where a nightmare was standing in her stall. He smiled, slightly, and turned towards his myuu reaper ever so slightly- to speak. "We will have to feed her before we head out, and give her free roam. As well as the other ones." He nodded also towards his hallow sheilupe, who was gaurding his back door. He walked the rest of the way up to the door, and blinked, speaking softly to the beast in front of his door. "Alright, it's just me." At this, the beast moved, slightly, and shuffled to the edge of the porch, panting. October patted the sheilupe's head and back as she passed by. Then, he opened the door, and walked inside the house; his kitchen. The floors were clean. Yes, October was a neat freak- everything had to be spotless.
He glanced towards the hallway leading to the stairway that he used to get to the second floor,and noticed a ticking noise, but he didn't fear it. It was a natural noise about the house- his clockwork yonyuu- Mal. "Hey Mal." He spoke, grabbing the food cans from a supply closet next to his cabinent. "How are you?" He knew this particular creature was highly intellegent, much like Cro, who was now sitting on the counter and watching this all take place. These two pets didn't need to be fed, and were actually very opposed to being fed. They could take care of themselves, being independant. However, Nyte and Hallow were not as independant as these two- he needed to feed them and let them roam freely the time he was gone, so that they could find their own food from around the farm. He was not afraid of them running off, because he kept a fairly tall electric fence around his farm- to keep the robbers out and the pets inside.

3 Posts

RunningAir
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RunningAir » 09/24/2011 12:23 PM

October easily walked outside with the two buckets in his hands, despite him being thin and sickly looking- he was used to doing this every day anyway. He walked up to the food bowls of his guard sheilupe, and poured in food for this carnivorous creature. "Alrighty Hallow- I'll keep the rest of it out in the big bowl, okay? I shouldn't be away for very long." After saying this, he proceeded to pet the sheilupe, and then walked towards the enclosure for his nightmare. He was sure to make quite a bit of very soft noise as he walked, so that she knew he was coming. she wasn't easily spooked, but he didn't want her aggravated at him. "Heya beastie..." He spoke, softly, opening the door to the enclosure and peeking in. "Hey Nyte." He walked in, eyeing the various stalls, the one he had put her in had not been the one that she was in now. She liked to play tricks on him like that. The myuu reaper, however, had already found the nightmare. "Hey, October, over there." He jestered with a paw towards the backmost left stall, and then began walking, his bi-colored eyes glistened in the little bits of moonlight falling from the portions inbetween the wood planks in the ceiling. There weren't enough to allow too much water into the enclosure, but enough to let in that precious light.
October followed the cat, his 'familiar', who had proved himself quite useful, and found that he had been correct, the nightmare was now nickering in a slightly nightmarish way- quite frightening, but despite it's malicious sounds, October knew that she was just bemused by her little joke. "Ah, you clever beast you." He unlatched her stall, and opened it, allowing her now perfectly phisical body to escape the enclosure, and be led out into the pasture. Nothing grew in this pasture of course, as with every step she took, it caused the grass to wither and die. Well, October guessed you couldn't have it all. Not to mention, the nightmare didn't eat grass anyway.

4 posts.

RunningAir
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RunningAir » 09/24/2011 12:46 PM

After leading the nightmare out to pasture, October decided to write a letter to his sister, and send it with Cro across the cornfeild to ask her to take care of his beasts while he was out. "Alright Cro- you need to run this to my sister, after I finish it." He wrote it quickly, and tucked the note under Cro's collar. "Thanks Cro." He watched the myu reaper stalk off towards the corn feild, whispering sarcastic comebacks to October's request, in which he felt like demeened him to nothing more than a slave. However, he greatly enjoyed October's company otherwise, and would not leave him, he made great haste as he stealthily made it through the cornfeild, across it, weaving through the cornstalks with the agility of a cat. Soon, he was at the woman's house. He leapt up on to the windowsill, and scratched at the window. October's sister, who was chewing through a meal she had made herself, noticed him quickly, and opened the window. "Hello Cro. Somthing wrong?" She wasn't expecting somthing good to come from having her brother's familiar sent to her- the last tie somthing had been wrong. The bi-colored eyes of the myuu reaper were blinked, and he shook his head, showing off the letter from beneath his collar. The woman, strong from working in the feilds for so long, picked up the note and read it, her hands dwarfing the note. October's handwriting and other items were small, as he had always been a sickly child, and his sister was the opposite of him.
"Ah- I'd be glad to help. Relay that message to him, won't you Cro?" With this, the woman handed him a couple blue raspberry sour hard candies- which she unwrapped, and he ate. After this, she shooed him away, and closed the window. She was just happy her brother was finnally going to get out of the house for once. He'd been planning this trip for a while, she knew.

5 Posts
+1 Level for Cro

RunningAir
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate