Most of Lambastia's city life can be found along the southeastern coast of Norrega, where settlers feel they are safe from Nori Volcano at the northern tip of the region. Warm gulf winds ensure this region is the most habitable on the continent, though travelers are warned of the disappearances of many venturing too close to the Whisper Forest. Species from all over are housed at the Evelon Preservation Zoo.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Norrega

Re: Twelve Days Advent Calendar [2020 Event!]

Postby Kitsumi » 12/25/2020 5:44 AM

This Dessel guy was perhaps a bit more intense than Xen had originally thought. He was definitely very opinionated, and didn't seem to care what others thought about those opinions. Not that it was a bad thing... they were just some pretty harsh opinions. Still, he didn't want to seem weak or anything, so he decided to just go with it.

"Hey, I get what you mean," he said. "People nowadays have become way too sensitive, acting like your opinion somehow affects them. Pfft." He certainly hoped that the 'sharp mind worth talking to' comment applied to himself.

Xen had just taken a sip of the hot, sweet beverage that he had grabbed earlier, when Dessel asked what planet he was from. Surprised, he choked on the water, spitting half of it out on the table in front of him. "W-what do you mean?" he stammered. "I'm from here, of course! Why, are there people from different planets that live here in secret?!" He knew immediately that he was laying it on too thick, but it was too late.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 12/25/2020 9:45 AM

"Well, you see..." said Aster, slowly backing away. As he did, he reached out and grabbed one of the glasses from the table and threw it at the ground while yelling "SCATTER!" At the same time, he sent a burst of magic at it, watching smoke billow outward as the glass came together and formed into a very confused figure.

Bonbon was already up and running, before reaching out and offering a paw to the Kuhna he'd been talking to. He looked confused, but eventually took it, as Aster leapt over the table and ran to reunite with them, grabbing his paw. He saw the Lunafly flying straight towards him, and could feel the tug as she tried to reattach herself to his cloak-and then he grabbed Bonbon's paw, and just as he was about to cast his spell he scooped up the Anura that had hopped closer in confusion, shoving it into his pocket and casting the spell that made all four of them vanish.
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/25/2020 3:50 PM

ImageImage
Lana. Xyshari.

"So, what do you think this year will bring us?" Lana asked, looking over at Xyshari. Xyshari pursed her lips as she looked at her eggnog and pastries before looking up at Lana, her eyes inquisitive.

"I was thinking that we could, maybe, look into... starting a family. Adopting some little ones of our own, and raising them," Xyshari said. "Aether and Ashla know how many were left orphaned by Zakuul and the war that was waged with the Eternal Alliance... I can't help but feel partly responsible for their suffering."

"I never figured you for the domestic sort," Lana said, chuckling. "Though, I suppose I can understand the sentiment... and see the appeal in it," she said. Xyshari laughed.

"Then I guess we need to look into the specifics," she said. "But, for now, let's enjoy ourselves."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Lunch » 12/25/2020 4:09 PM

Both men had woken up later in the day after a very festival drunken stupor that had them feeling rather pleasant. Now, hangover gone with just a dull ache to their throbbing temples, the guys sat in some big chairs in front of an open fire. The weather seemed to have gotten worse later on in the evening and with the slew of people coming through, the rush finally slowed down as it got close to Christmas Day.

And today was that day. What a humble and joyful day it was! Though, it was a bit quiet in the mid-afternoon, but the stirrings of more individuals waking up made the men start their talk in low, soft murmurings.

Clint sat there, nursing the hot chocolate he had made earlier, and looked into the fire light. It was hypnotizing. The warmth was so inviting, and it felt like he could just go back to sleep if he wanted to. What he really wanted to do was talk to N0m4d. He wanted to ask what really happened. With hesitation and caution in his tone, Clint began to speak. "..Do you ever think about her, N0m4d? I..I know I shouldn't bring it up. You've already told me about the Bleeder, but.."

N0m4d sat there in his own chair beside his friend, legs crossed, finger tips from one hand placed upon his temple as his head bowed down in thought, eyes closed. It wasn't long before he heard Clint ask him about what happened. It was only matter of time. He sat there for a while, not saying anything. Then, N0m4d let out a soft sigh and brought his head up, hand moving to hold against his chin, and opened his red eyes. They turned to Clint, and he started to speak as well. "I think about her all the time, Clint..There was nothing to be done at the time. I was at a loss and at the lowest of my lows. I had to abide by Master's wishes and it..just couldn't be helped. I miss her. Terribly."

Clint nodded, not sure what else to say. He knew bits and pieces of the events that happened, but...There must have been something more that went on, but he didn't press further. "Yeah, I understand. Everything just happened so fast with you two. I wish I could have been there for you then and not waited to find you now. To talk to you about it now, N0m4d." A look of worry came over his face. He truly did care for his friend and wanted him to be happier.

A gentle chuckle left N0m4d for a moment, and he straightened up in his chair a bit. His hair had fallen down now, waves of curls falling over his forehead and into his eyes. His red tie was askew and loose, black shirt unbuttoned to reveal a darker tank top underneath and the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His pants and shoes were still the only things that looked neat and tidy on him. He scraped one of his feet against the floor while answering the Sahound. "Please, do not worry yourself over that. It was just a terrible turn of events."

Clint nodded. It was probably best to not press the matter any further. He didn't want to upset him on a day like today. "If you say so, friend. I'm just happy I could find you. I'm glad you are doing okay."

To Clint's surprise, N0m4d started to talk. The words flowed from his mouth with conviction and the look in his eyes was rather serious. He stared right at Clint and spoke his mind. "...Yeah. I'm doing much better. It's just really hard sometimes though, especially this time of year. And..on top of all of it, I'm now free. I'm free from the clutches of the chains that held me down. Free from the burdens of other people's problems. I can grief and feel how I want to without the guise of someone watching over me and ordering to do things I don't want to do. What happened shouldn't have happened. She was a pure soul. A light to my darkness. ...My love for her will not ever be doused by the void of all the hate in the world...I do hope you find someone like I did. Love changes people. True love captures the very essence of your being, Clint. You have to hold onto it. Make it real. Once you find something like that, you just...can't ever let it go, my friend. I'm so happy my Ma-...No, that man.." He gritted his teeth hard as he said the word. ..Let me go when he did. There will come a time for him, I'm sure. For now and for her sake, I don't want the rest of whatever this is to be disrupted. I've found a bit of peace, Clint. I'm happy that you've found me when you did because I would have went downhill very, very fast."

Clint just looked at his friend in surprise, awe, and admiration. Gods, he was such an idiot! He was never going to question his friend again. There were reasons behind what happened, but it wasn't enough to drag the Shielupe down further than where he was now! Clint spoke again, only this time, it was in a gentler tone. "...I understand, N0mad. You deserve every bit of peace you can get."

This made N0m4d smile a little. He nodded a bit and turned back to look at the fire, a calming sensation moving over his body now that he had gotten that off his chest. Soon, there were the sound of bells softly ringing and the last gift-givers were out and about, handing the last presents around as the party started to wane down. He nodded to the helper who placed their presents beside them. He looked over a Clint and a hint of another smile spread across his lips. "Merry Christmas, Clint.."

The Sahound matched the Shielupe's smile instantly when he continued to stare at him for a moment. His green eyes glinted in kindness, and he rose his mug toward his friend. "Merry Christmas, N0m4d."

:: Pen :: Journal(coming soon) :: Clickables
Lunch
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 13
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/25/2020 7:38 PM

He didn't know what to say to make things easier for Izzie. And, well, he doubted anything he would say, would help much at all. After all, he was one of the people she disliked the most.

Still, it was the holidays, and even if Izzie greatly disliked him, and he didn't very much enjoy her company either, that was no reason to leave her all alone. "Well..." he started hesitantly, wondering if he should continue his thought, "We could hang out... together."

He picked up some food and offered it to Izzie. "Until this thing is over," he clarified quickly. "Better this than being alone, right?"

[Day 12]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/25/2020 7:43 PM

He had missed it. A morose look crossed his face as he glanced up at the decorations hung everywhere - it was Christmas Day, and he had missed it. He sighed, and leaned against the tavern door, giving a slight grunt as it moved behind him - and opened, unexpectedly, offering entrance into the warm room.

To Timothy's amazement, the tavern was bustling with energy, and it was bright and warm with the smell of christmas all around - a mixture of fizzing drinks, sweet treats and a gorgeous roast dinner, which he could see laid out on a table over to the side. He doubted he could afford anything in this room, but it was nice to get out of the cold, and he allowed himself to shuffle deeper into the party until he came face-to-face with a large christmas tree.

All around him, people were exchanging their last christmas gifts and greetings, and he smiled as he wished for a better year next year - for everyone.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2196
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/25/2020 8:10 PM

"Hey so, uh, as a grand testament to our bonds through friendship, I guessed everyone's drinks." Jack gestured grandly with his tray to divide out the drinks. He passed the tumbler with a single large ice cube to Seishi, who nodded approvingly, and the cranberry spritzer to Ty who looked exceedingly offended.

Jack just shrugged and grabbed his own drink, "sorry man but 1 for 2 I think is still pretty good. Plus you love fruity shit so don't give me that crap!" Ty scoffed but didn't have a reply, so it must be partially true.

The three sipped their drinks and stared at one another for a minute or so before Seishi muttered, "Well what now?"

"Well I guess we get our gifts? That's how it usually goes right?"

Seishi shrugged, she had no idea, "I guess? We should go check it out at least."

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby crow » 12/25/2020 8:31 PM

A child...

Prosper stared down at his own hands. He couldn't imagine... But then Inna's face flashed through his mind, and he understood, a little. If he had been in Jiro's position, he couldn't say that he wouldn't have done the same. And now that he was thinking about it, some morbid part of him wondered if Jiro had expected to die, if that was an outcome he had accepted, even welcomed, when he made his choice.

He put the matter out of his thoughts. It wasn't his place to interfere, and there was nothing he could do but offer steady service to Ryo. And he felt more settled now that he understood better what that purpose was. Didn't he?

At least the terms were clear, he thought.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby amanda784 » 12/25/2020 9:16 PM

It was finally here. It was Christmas. Nala admired all the gifts she had gotten at the party, but the greatest gift was just to have fun again. Nala had become so worried about what kind of a mother she would be she forgot to be herself. There was no reason why she couldn't be a mother and have fun. She didn't have to change who she was. She wasn't going to go back to the party girl she used to be, but she was going to allow herself to have fun from time to time. She had responsibilities now, but she would remind herself to sing while cleaning the house, dance around in her socks, and spin in the rain. Having good fun is one of the things she was going to teach her children.
amanda784
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1243
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/25/2020 10:39 PM

More food, more sugar, more drink and another gift. It was going to be great. While he had no idea what they were celebrating, some strange other worldly custom, he was going to dance and eat and maybe even sing a little.

But first the box. He went and grabbed it before going to stuff his face on cookies and other various sweets.

By the time Elysium was done eating the music had picked up and he was ready to dance.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/25/2020 11:31 PM

Christmas was so... so... PRETTY!

Maybe it was unbecoming of a Battleheart to squeal. But it was CHRISTMAS! And Grax loved it all! The pretty lights! The colors--red and gold were his FAVORITES! The people singing songs! And the COOKIES! Christmas was truly magical, and Grax was so excited he got to be here for it!

He stuffed an entire gingerbread house into his face. Yes, the whole thing. Hey, he was a hungry boy! And he had a bucket of cocoa to wash it down with, too.

HE LOVED CHRISTMAS!

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/26/2020 12:00 AM

A menacing grin tore across his lips upon hearing the frantic response from the alien. His suspicions were confirmed with the gamble he took. "Don't think of me as a fool. I can see what you are. After all, I come from a place where aliens are as common as humans." He sat back and threw his large boots on the top of the table, leaning back in his chair. "Now, I could use this information to blackmail you," he started, expression unchanging. "But that would prove troublesome for both of us. I'd rather we use our shared knowledge as a bridge of trust between us. I don't want to reveal your identity anymore than I want you to reveal mine. Let's just come to an agreement about that. What do you say?"

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Sarah » 12/26/2020 12:18 AM

Raziel went to leave and Zli was quick to follow him. There was nothing more to be learned from this place. "Fed up so soon?" Zli asked, only half self-deprecating. He could practically feel the archangel roll his eyes.

"I'll see you again soon Zli," he said, then he was gone. It wasn't abrupt. Well, it was, but not in a way anyone would notice. Zli almost hadn't noticed it. He frowned at Raziel's parting words. Whatever the angel had planned would end poorly.
-
-
-
-
-

G̵u̴i̶d̶e̶ m̸̹̍e̶̫͝ ȋ̴͙̗͒͗ņ̸̈͂ţ̶̯̣̥̦̎͗͒ổ̴̭̙̻̄̉ D̸̡̛̦̗̋͗̊̃̌̕͜ä̴̡̳̬͔̩̳̫͔̯̙͔̬͉̱̯̊̄̒̏ŗ̷̟̱͚̻̠̠͔̥̺͔͔̰͙̝͉̃̆͊̉ͅk̸̡̡͔̫̼̱̬̭͓̮͙͔̀̑̇̊̐̊͆̍̏̃ͅn̴̢̫͔͕̤̖̳̠̘̩̙̍͋͌́̍̊̈̓̂́̈̕̕͘͝͝ȇ̶̢̢̡̛̦͓̟̾̈̐̐̈́͊̑͠͝s̵̢̧̛͉̼̮̫̝̰̟͙̭̦͇̮̥͈͖̅͋͑̾̈͋̐͘͝s̴̨̢̧̨͚̗̗̹̱̞͉͖̻̰̹͓̲̎̊̒̈́̿̏͑͝͝
-
-
-
-
-
-

Documents :: Rentals :: Wishlist :: Journal
Sarah
Well-Traveled Specialist
Well-Traveled Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 6401
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/26/2020 12:55 AM

[Continued from...?]

It was the strangest thing. One minute Lupin was enjoying a mysterious drink of questionable contents at a bar, nothing feeling off save for that odd sense of being... somewhere he shouldn't be, maybe, when suddenly... a hat landed on his head.

And not just any hat. It was... Lupin jolted when it first happened, yes, but almost a second later, the familiar smell of his partner in crime wafted over him, and with a snatch of the hat into his fingers, he noted the ruffed-up brim... distinct in its particular threadiness.

This was Jigen's hat. Lupin looked up at the ceiling, behind him, all around, unable to find the source of such a strange thing. What on earth... how drunk was he, exactly...?

Lupin slowly stood from his stool and set his drink down. He began to walk back toward the entrance, and glanced behind himself to see his drink had disappeared. And so had the stool. And the bar...

A wave of nausea gripped him in spite of the loopy smile over his face, and Lupin hurriedly shuffled towards the door, nudging around partygoers that suddenly seemed rather listless and lifeless as he went.

[Advent Day 12]

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby FrostWynd » 12/26/2020 12:56 AM

Hmm... Now what was this about presents?

Skylar had caught word of there being a party going on that was giving out some free goodies, and the cat definitely had to see what sort of stuff there was to go around. She didn't quite expect to see all of this though. It was like someone had decided to create a wacky garden, with a definite obsession for roses and... possibly tea? The giant teacups were something else... "All that's missing are the mechanisms to make them spin, and you'd have yourself one of those rides I've heard about..." She'd comment as she sat on top of one.

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran