With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Rediscovering Myself (P) {DONE}

Postby jobiehanna » 04/18/2014 10:18 PM

((Posts in italics are visions/flashbacks/memories))

He could feel heat, but it felt like it was far away. His eyelids fluttered, but they felt heavy. His limbs felt like fire, but also like ice.

Suddenly his eyes snapped open and a bright light invaded his vision. He blinked it away as he tried to focus. Once images started to come into focus he realized there was no vegetation around him, just sand. He sat up slowly and looked around, confused. Where was he? Rolling sand dunes stretched for as far as the eye could see and strong gusts of warm wind blew steadily against him. He didn't remember getting here.

He rolled his shoulders and tilted his head around, hearing a few low cracks as he did so. It was hot and dry and windy and the sand was getting in his mouth. Why was he here, of all places? It was miserable and there was no way he would ever be here on his own accord. He tried to think of how he'd gotten here, but nothing came to mind immediately.

So he looked down dejectedly at his feet with his ears laid back. To his surprise his paws were not black as he remembered, but a slightly opaque white color. What the?! He flexed his toes and watched as the toes of the paw moved. Then it dawned on him... he was able to control his own body. He'd never been able to do this before. He'd just been a voice inside a head, fighting for control but never getting it. So what had happened? How had he gotten control over a body that he didn't even recognize?

{37|181}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Rediscovering Myself (P)

Postby jobiehanna » 04/18/2014 10:30 PM

He sat at a round table with a swirling, glowing lavender colored crystal ball at its center. Across from him sat a woman whose face was covered in a veil of black cloth. He wasn't sure how she could see, but maybe she didn't need to. She had her hands folded in front of her and they were in deep conversation.

"Yes, that's what I want," his voice said. The voice he couldn't control, the voice that wouldn't listen to him.

"And you'll pay the price?" The woman's voice was soft and mystical, like from a dream.

"Anything... I'd do anything to get rid of this voice," was the response from the lips he couldn't control; the dominant power in the body.

He screamed at the other to not do this. He promised he would be quiet from now on; he didn't want to die, to vanish. What would happen to a voice without a body? Would he evaporate into the air, be sent to Hell or some other foul place? He pleaded and begged, begged and pleaded. But he wasn't listening to him now, like he had on occasion when he'd been giving him good advice.

"As you wish. Now take my hand," she said in her soft voice. "This won't take long."

His hand reached out and he couldn't stop it. Their hand's connected, and hers was surprisingly rough. Before anything else could happen, the vision faded into nothingness.

{37|182}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 04/23/2014 1:47 PM

When his vision refocused he was back in the desert with the scorching sun. He was also laying on the ground again. He slowly sat up, the world spinning for a moment before it settled down again. He thought about the vision, but all the thoughts he had lead to questions that made his head hurt. He had to focus.

He remembered that body, the one he couldn't control. He loathed that body with every fiber of his being. It rarely listened to him; it only did when it was in trouble and he had a better idea. He tried to listen for the voice that was always present, but it was only him. He felt strangely lonely in this new head. Had that woman done this? Was it possible that she had separated them from each other? It was the only reason he could come up with. It had to be it, but if that were true, what price did he pay? What had his other body been willing to trade to be rid of him?

These gaps in his memory plagued him. Why couldn't he remember such details?

{37|183}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/04/2014 4:04 PM

There must be something else he could remember, anything at all. It was frustrating beyond belief to not remember how he had gotten where he was, or where he was. All he knew was that he was in the desert, he had to be. The heat and sand clued him in to that. The draculi stood up to look around and find something that would hint him to the way out. But as he did so, his vision swirled again.

The place was dark, so very dark. And it was warm, but the air around him was dry. He wasn't alone. He could feel others next to him, but he couldn't see. He couldn't open his eyes either, they were stuck tight. He shifted his weight, but he couldn't go far. That's when he heard voices outside.

"Yes, that's right. He should guide you very well," a deep voice said.

"Great, I've always wanted one like him. So you just, like, what?" A slightly less deep voice asked.

"We perform a simple ritual, and he'll be with you, sharing a mind. But he won't have any control, and he should know everything you need to know about all kinds of sorcery, as he is from that realm. It wasn't easy to procure him and his brothers, so you know a price will be paid."

He heard a clinking sound and then the second voice said, "Yes, I know. This is everything."

"Good good, we'll begin shortly."

He was still with the others, but he began to remember where he was from, who he was. He was a wraith of sorts, set to wonder his world. But he'd been under the control of a powerful sorcerer until he'd been taken. He was angry, and he writhed around. But a moment later he felt a sharp pinprick of pain and he settled. When he awoke he couldn't control the body he was in, and he heard a voice aside from his own in his mind.

{37|184}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/04/2014 4:35 PM

When his vision went back to the bright desert, pieces starting going into place. He remembered the other realm, but he'd been taken from it. There was no way to get back. Here he was a concept of what he'd been, and his memories from before had slowly faded over the years. He'd learned what he wanted and developed his own personality inside the mind of the other. But he'd never been alone, he'd always had that voice with his.

He'd been trapped, but then he'd grown used to the body. He didn't know what to do without it, and didn't want to leave. But here he was, with his own body. He'd retained some characteristics from before, like he didn't seem to need water or to eat. And as tired as he was, he didn't feel the need to sleep. It was like before, but his knowledge of before was gone.

How had he gotten in the middle of the desert though? It was a mystery, and one he very much wanted to answer, but he he didn't have any answers yet.

{38|185}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/04/2014 5:03 PM

The desert was not the place for most creatures, but Felicity was not most creatures. The rock creature loved the sun, sand and heat. It was perfect for recharging her cold blooded body. Even if she had to spend her nights sleeping like the rock she was in the cold the desert brought, it was nice. She plodded across the sandy dunes and past the few cacti that sprinkled the landscape.

She wasn't as large as the garagnirs she'd heard of and hoped to be one day, but it was easy to pull the wooden cart behind her. It housed all her belongings and she fit perfectly underneath it. That's where she slept, after all. She'd just passed through a small village where she'd picked up some water and other supplies, but she was on her way across the desert. She wanted to reach the eastern most  coast of Lambastia and settle down there. It would be peaceful, and perfect for a garagnir if she ever evolved that far. She could only hope!

She was just thinking there wouldn't be anything of interest this far into the desert when she noticed a lone figure. She sniffed the air, noting the feline, masculine scent. She slowed her already sluggish pace so as not to startle the creature. Felicity made sure her wings were folded tight against her back so as not to startle the beast. She took a swallow of water from the canteen around her neck and cleared her throat. "Hello, are you alright?" She called out in a surprisingly soft voice.

{1.1}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/04/2014 6:02 PM

He was just standing there when a voice startled him. He spun around, his hair on end and tail straight out. He let out a hiss and backed up. He glared at the strange creature while his mind raced. Where had they come from? What was it? He'd never seen a creature that looked like it was made from rock. He noticed her large feet covered in dust from he desert and her wings as well. She wasn't too large, but able bodied enough to pull that cart.

Her question didn't seem threatening, but he didn't have much of an answer for her. He thought it over a moment, unsure how he was supposed to respond. But then his vision changed once more, and he collapsed on the sand again.

Everything was swirling around. He couldn't make sense of it. All the colors blended together in a whirlwind. He felt lost, alone, betrayed. The words "I'd do anything to get rid of this voice" swirled in his mind as well. He was confused too, and disembodied.

"To separate your mind, your soul, you pay with a blood sacrifice," a mystical voice said. It was the one from before, he was sure of it. "After the separation of this wraith, you'll be free. But he'll be free as well, in a solid, yet corporeal being. He could hunt you down."

"I don't care, he's useless to me. He knows nothing," his familiar voice responded.

{38|186}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/04/2014 7:13 PM

Felicity was startled by the feline's response. She hadn't meant to terrify the poor thing. But to cause him to faint like that? She approached slowly, cautiously. She didn't know what to make of the creature she now realized was some sort of draculi. She backed up and dropped her cart off so she could look at him closer. Then she crouched and looked even closer, and she could feel his quick breath on her face. Strange, didn't you breath slower if you fainted? She backed up a little bit and looked at his eyes; they were moving wildly behind his closed lids.

The stargoyle sat back on her haunches and tilted her head at the poor creature. Was he alright? She sighed and pulled an extra water filled canteen from her cart. After all, the guy didn't have anything out here. She held it to his lips, hoping he would open his mouth and drink.

{1.2}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/04/2014 7:45 PM

They were still chatting, but then everything went black. When the color returned he was somewhere else. There was a tent around him, and he was laying on his back. He remembered the blood and the sacrifice. Hiding the body, collecting the blood. He shivered at the thought, but his body didn't. It lay perfectly still, and he begged it not to do this. But the price had been paid.

That's when the chanting began, and the pain. He had to escape it, but he was trapped. There was no way away from this. He fought to keep his hold on the body he shared, but the pain was too strong. The chanting invoked ancient magic, and he was cast from the body.

He writhed in pain on the ground, but a few more ancient words were said and his world spun again. The colors swirled and "I don't care, he's useless to me. He knows nothing" repeated itself in his mind. When the world stopped spinning he recognized where he was.

The draculi's eyes snapped open and he took in a great gulp of air. The canteen that was offered to him fell to the sandy ground and his eyes stared wildly around. They'd used a separation spell followed by a banishing spell. The mind who he'd shared a body with had cast him out and sent him here where they hoped he would die. Too bad for them, he was very much alive. Revenge burned in the forefront of his mind, and anger rolled through him.

However, his mind finally caught up with his body. He noticed the shadow cast over him and the canteen beside him. He registered the look of shock on the stranger's face and scowled. Who was this creature? What was it doing here? His mouth didn't move to ask the questions, but rather he stared at the other with a closed mouth.

{38|187}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/17/2014 11:08 PM

Felicity frowned at the creature laying on the desert sand. He was a sorry sight with the dusty sand all over his body. That was strange as well, his body. It was kind of transparent, but solidly white looking. She watched at the draculi twitched a he lay there, and wondered what was truly happening to him.

Her offered canteen was pushed away when he finally awoke, but she still looked at him with concerned eyes. Despite the glare he gave her the stargoyle still wanted to make sure he was okay. "Are you alright?" She repeated her earlier question with wide eyes.

{1.3}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/21/2014 10:23 PM

"Fine... I'm fine," he managed to spit out from his position on the ground. He took a couple moments to collect himself, wondering if any more memories would resurface. It seemed like his memories were being filled in piece by piece, and for that he was grateful. The draculi stood then, shaking the dusty sand off his fur like a canine. Then he peered at the stargoyle again with a scowl. He just wanted to be alone to figure this stuff out. So he ignored her, thinking over his memories.

It was then he remembered his name from being with the dark creature. It was a strange name, Scribbles. He needed to find that creature and get his revenge. He could already feel a darkness inside of him, rolling around within. The Scribbles guy had taken him from his home, only to deposit him in this wasteland.

The draculi paced as he tried to recall his name from before. He couldn't believe he'd forgotten it. The thought of his name was close, he could feel it, but connecting the letters was proving difficult with the anger boiling inside him. He was angry he couldn't recall his name as well. As he turned back toward the stargoyle creature a though struck him: Mars. His name was Mars, like the lost planet of his world. A slow grin spread across the angered draculi's face as he looked at the stranger. With this new revelation he felt fit to recognize this creature once more. "Who are you? How did you find me?" The questions were blunt and rude, but Mars didn't care. He wanted answers.

{38|188}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/21/2014 10:32 PM

Shock rolled through Felicity at the draculi's behavior. She was only being nice, trying to help a stranger stranded in the desert. She watched in confusion as the other paced about and wondered about his being here. Was he sane? Maybe she should not have stopped to help him. He seemed inhumanly angry about something, and that fainting spell was disconcerting.

She was about to pack up and leave when the draculi spun and walked back toward her, firing a sequence of questions. Stunned into silence by the quick, unexpected questions Felicity simply stared with wide eyes. It took a moment for the diamond stargoyle to answer her questioner. "I am Felicity, a traveler," the first question's answer came easily, and the next just as so. "I was just walking through the desert, on my way to the other side," she said simply. "I saw a figure in the distance... your figure. You looked alone and supply-less, so I wanted to help out. I did not mean to anger you," her voice drifted off at the end, an unsure finish to the strong beginning.

{1.4}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/21/2014 10:50 PM

Mars nodded to the other creature, relieved she hadn't been sent out here to finish him off. "Do you know of a way out of here?" He asked the question softly, as he sensed he'd made this Felicity creature uneasy. He had to get out of the desert, and as quickly as possible. He had to find this Scribbles guy and make him pay.

As if by second thought, the concept creature spoke again. "My anger is not with you, but with another man," he told her solemnly. "Since you did me the favor of revealing your name, mine is Mars," he added as if on afterthought. He acted like he hadn't talked to anyone in a long time with the order he did things. It'd truly been a very long time since he'd used his own mouth to form the words and thoughts he wanted to voice.

{38|189}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/21/2014 11:11 PM

"I understand," Felicity answered his last statements first. She often felt angry at herself for things she'd stupidly done and taken it out on those she loved. Look where that'd got her. Lost family, lost friends, and lost love. She was better off in the desert with a stranger in the heat and sand she loved to much.

"Well, I'm following the path of the sun to reach the coast, I hear it's nice there," she answered Mars confidently, pushing away her thoughts and sounding cheerful. "I hope to set up shop there. Well, maybe take a ship to Barakka. I'm not sure yet, still thinking," she babbled with a smile. "I can help you get out of here, if you'd like." She looked hopefully at the draculi, not at all hindered by the thought of his sour company. It would be nice to travel with someone for once.

{2.5}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/21/2014 11:16 PM

"Barakka," Mars tasted the word on his lips. It felt familiar, like home. He thought of it, finally recognizing the continental name. It's where he'd lived before, as his other self, a prisoner, as Scribbles. "Yes, I shall like to go there. I would like your help, please," he stated with an open smile, taking on the polite 'please'. If this Felicity could help him, maybe he'd be one step closer to his revenge.

He hoped the stargoyle wouldn't back out on their offer and they could be on their way to the new continent. It would be a long journey, one that Mars hoped he could make in one piece. He'd never traveled very far before, so he hoped he had the endurance to last. He offered another smile to Felicity, hoping she'd help him.

{39|190}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items