With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Re: Rediscovering Myself (P)

Postby jobiehanna » 08/21/2014 11:20 PM

A broad grin spread across the reptilian face, her eyes alight with happiness. "Sure, I wouldn't have offered if I didn't want to help," she told the draculi. "Once we reach the coast I'll make my decision, but I will at least get you that far. Let's get ready to go then."

Felicity picked up her forgotten canteen and put it in the cart, then turned back to Mars. "I gotta pull my wagon, and you can walk along if you'd like. Or you could sit on it and keep a look out for anything dangerous. You never know what'll be out here," the stargoyle babbled on. "I'm stronger than I look, so any extra weight won't bother me much." She offered another smile to Mars, then got back within the confines of her wagon and hooked herself up to it. "When you're ready, I am," she told Mars with a wide grin.

{2.5}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Rediscovering Myself (P)

Postby jobiehanna » 08/21/2014 11:28 PM

Mars listened to the other babble, wondering if she would do that the entire way to the coast of Lamastia. He hoped she wouldn't, but her voice wasn't a bad sound. It just didn't let him think. It would keep him out of his revenge mode for a while and allow him to enjoy the trip a little more, he thought with a smile. As much as he wanted his revenge, a small part of him wondered what else this world had to offer for him.

"Okay, I'll just walk for now," Mars told Felicity, who'd somehow attached the cart to her. He began to walk forward, knowing the other would follow. He went toward the sun, listening to Felicity's chattering all the way. Once in a while he'd respond to her, but for the most part he listened. And that was good, he thought. He'd done enough mindless talking in that old body of his, it was nice to get to listen to someone for a change. The sound didn't annoy him like he thought it was, and he found himself enjoying the trek across the hot, dry desert.

{39|191}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items