With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Cave of Wonders [Contest Thread]

Postby HunnyBun » 06/25/2010 1:58 AM

After journeying in the dry and excruciating heat, you finally stumble onto a lone cave. Upon walking up to it, you notice a sign that reads "Beware". You ignore the sign and quickly duck into the shadow of the cave mouth. To busy with wanting to cool yourself, you don't notice the cloaked figure sitting in the back. It slowly climbs to it's feet and walks toward you.
"Welcome." It says in a rough low voice.
It points to the hole in the center of the cave. You don't remember seeing it before hand? The being's hand then whips around and points to you.
"Do you accept the challenge?" It asks, it's voice seeming to get excited.
The hand disappears within the cloak.
"I must warn you that the challenges ahead will not be easy." He finished, a light chuckling emitting from the cloak.
You look down at the hole again, wondering if you should go or not. You turn back, ready to answer the being, but you find that it has gone. His question still echo's in your mind.
"Do you accept the challenge?"

------

Rules:
- You may only enter ONE contest (There will be four, so don’t worry if you miss this one).
- No double posting.
- No whining or complaining. (IC or OOC)
- These pets are just randomly appearing, and what they have/ask you to do is also randomly determined by me.
- There is no post limit (A.K.A., you do not have to have so many posts to finish the game, although 5 is a must. Trust me, you will get 5 XD).
- Don’t worry, if you get stumped, I’m here to help. I won’t let your character be disqualified or anything; my characters are meant to stump you, not keep you from finishing completely.
- Prizes are determined by the judge.
- Prizes are determined by how well you do in the contest.
- You have 3 days to post; if 3 days has gone by, and you still have not taken your turn, you will be disqualified, and someone else will be allowed to join in your place.
- There is a posting order; please follow it. First person to post, goes first, etc, etc.
- The event doesn’t start until everyone arrives and I make a post saying, basically ‘GO!’
- If I missed anything, let me know.

Participants:
1. Celtic
2. rayquaza7996
3. Krystalolive
4. Akida
5. Ashes

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: Cave of Wonders [Contest Thread]

Postby Celtic » 06/25/2010 1:07 PM

Ororo

Holy crap! D8; There was something creepy there and it was not cool. Not. Cool. He was only like what, eighteen? He couldn't die yet. All he wanted was some cold air! Thats it. He didn't want a challenge. He dind't want anything like that. ever. Nada. Still, the creepy thing could refrain from using the word challenge so much. It was like Chinese Water Torture! Sereiously man? DX Use a thesaurus or something. Just please, don't kill me.

So the frightened eighteen year old big buff lucain was pleading in his mind while the strange thing waited. And would probably wait some more. He was going to either A) Run away like a scared little girl of like five years old or B) decide that there might be someone cute down there and go in scared to death. And judging by the way his mind stopped racing at the mention of B, my guess is that our big bad lucain is going to accept the challenge.

"I accept!" He announced in a big triumphant voice that probably would have had a better effect if his voice didn't crack [haha] and so ducking his head in shame he scooted to the edge of the cave, trying to get away from the word-repeating creepy thinger because he wasn't sure if he was supposed to go down the hole or what. So his best bet was to wait and see. P=

[Fingers crossed he doesn't kill himself. XD]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 06/25/2010 2:42 PM

A contest? Bloodlust grinned. He'd do a lot to help his Master, and more pets meant more work done meant more lives saved meant more happy meant - happy. That was the goal. Dangerous? Ha! He was Bloodlust, the amazing (short tailed) Hollowheartl! There was no way anyone wild could beat him, especially not with his mind gridded to the genius Leer! He was fighting for Ray, and Ray was good, and good guys always won! Maybe there'd even be something down there full of delicious blood for the vampiric dragon to drink of!

He grinned. "I'll join. Not much can deter me..."

You've been known to obsess over the future,

Do you think you'll get away from the past?

As you starve yourself just to make it through to midnight,

Consider what you might have found.

You think you've got a good thing now?
Ludo - Topeka

.:Pen:. .:Clickables:. .:Wishlist:. .:Journal:. .:Characters:.
rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 43
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby Krystalolive » 06/25/2010 2:57 PM

He had never said caves weren't interesting. Draco liked caves well enough, heck, he lived in one. He had said that caves were sometimes boring. But a challenge? Sounded interesting enough. Draco looked at the others who had arrived before him. A Lucian and another Hollowheart. More would show up for sure, but that didn't matter.

He could get a few pets for Krystal. He forgot Baal-mas, and they would make a nice early birthday gift. Draco stared into the cave, then shrugged. "I'll accept. It's not like I have anything better to do."
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Akida » 06/25/2010 4:17 PM

Persephone was glad to get away from that place. If she'd known that it would be so dull and uninteresting, she wouldn't have agreed to go at all. The fact is, things were said and done and now it's in the past. She decided that she'd keep it that way. The lightly colored hollowheart glided across the Evelonian skies effortlessly. Her large body creating quite the shadow on the ground below.

She managed to spot a cave just large enough for her to rest in. The heat of the desert was starting to get to her. She dived downward toward the cave hoping no one else was inside. She preferred her time away from the other species. She pulled up just in time for her wings to catch enough air to slow her down and land on her feet with a thud, disturbing the hot sand below.

She ignored the "Beware" sign and entered, enjoying the sudden coolness of the shade. Before she totally relaxed she noticed four other figured within the cave. She sighed to herself before she replied to the shady figure that spoke to her through her thought-speech.
Do I accept stranger's challenge? Should I accept stranger's challenge?
She questioned the shady figure.
I will accept, for it is I who apparently have intruded stranger's space.

With this agreement made, she creeped to the back of the cave where it was much cooler to await the stranger's instructions.She hoped she hadn't got herself into another dull situation.

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/25/2010 6:42 PM

Smiling, I came to the hooded figure. "I wish to join your contest, and hope to become victorious!" I said, waited, hoping my eyes shined. I was creepy here, yes, but it was also worth it. Death, or anything bad wasn't an option here, Not if I wanted to win this challenge. hoping I didn't lose badly, i went in, knowing it was time to move around.
Back from.. a two year hiatus? o.o;
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 408
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/25/2010 11:28 PM

The figure reappeared as the cave filled with challengers. A light chuckle emitted from him as he walked around them. He stopped at the first comer, the Lucain seemed frightened about everything. The figure walked up behind the Lucain and whispered in his ear.
"I do hope your not...afraid?" He cackled.
The figure then eyed the three Hollowheart. They all seemed strong and confident, he couldn't wait to shake them. His attention was then changed to the Wockee. His eyes narrowed, how sure he was that he would succeed.
"And I hope your confidence helps you endure." The figure said coldly, his voice sounding annoyed.
He walked to the hole and motioned for them to come near.
"Now, there are many things down there that are not...friendly, and their jobs are to stop you in any way they can. So be prepared to deal with them, or you will never make it to them end. And trust me, you want to make it to the end." He explained, the last sentence an evil grin could be seen through his cloak.

He fidgeted a bit, his cloak moving around as his hand appeared once again, he held a crumbled stake of papers, and held them out for them to take.
"There's maps will lead you the best they can, I'm not sure if their up to date or not. Choose the path you wish, but at the end there are five separate challenges for each of you."
He moved out of the way so that they could climb down the latter. He chuckled again as he waited for the game to begin.

(Note: The map is for everyone, I'm trying to keep it like Millies with the left and right. Once you come to the forks I will post for each of you after you make your decision in one big post dictating what challenges you will face. You’ll notice each turn has a different colored dot; that’s to help me remember and figure out which way your going. When you choose, please make sure to put “Right” or “Left” and then put them in the color you chose and BOLD it; for instance left would be a red left. Or right would be a purple right. Thank you guys!)

(( Edit: remember the posting order, please ))

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/26/2010 3:54 PM

Oh sheep sticks. Ororo's legs shook under him, he was second guessing this whole rescue a pretty girl idea of his. What if it was all for naught? Oh god DX Why did that creepy thing have to speak to HIM? Of all people, him. If he could without anyone watching, this poor lucain would probably break down crying right about now. But for this moment and time, Ororo made his lip stop quivering as he leapt to get ahead. He may be afraid, but he was still competitive. If there was a pretty girl, then he would rescue it D8< Or impress her with his massively [lacking] skillage. OH yes. That he would.

Gulping as he trotted past the figure, trying his hardest not to stare [maybe he wouldn't look at him either] Ororo started down the pathway, map in mouth. So far the way was kinda dimly lit, so hopefully he would be able to see where he was going for the majority of the way.

Crap.

Tears sprung to this 'skilled' lucain's eyes as he saw the fork in the pathway. He didn't wanna do thiiiis D': His tails lowered to the ground as he attempted to decide. This could be life or death, possibly even cute girl or uuuugly girl. Snifsnif. It was sooooo not cool. Definately not what he wanted to do on his first trip outside of his zoo pen ever since he was adopted.

Finally though, he closed his eyes (though what good that does I have no idea) and chanted under his breath,

"Eenie Meenie minie moe. Catch a kuhna by the toe. If he hollers let him go, eenie meenie minie moe!"

Ororo peeked open his eyes. His snout was pointed to the Right. Gulping and then second guessing himself, the lucain started edging that way. Oh how he hoped there wasn't something there. Y'know, maybe if he closed his eyes there wouldn't be! (oh god.) So with his eyes shut tight and his steps taking on a slanted direction the big bad Ororo was headed to the right. Something tells me this isn't going to go how he planned it.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 06/26/2010 4:21 PM

Bloodlust waved his stub of a tail subconciously - this would be fun! Realizing what he was doing, he growled and stopped. It would be so much less obvious if his tail hadn't been so short and stubby. Stupid poachers. He'd barely escaped with his life! He sighed and looked around. Another Blood Hollowheart, a young Imperial (lovely, in the sense that she'd probably taste quite good, but now was not the time to think cannibalistically), a (very competitive) Carolwockie, and some pansy Lucain. He'd take his chances with the last, he seemed nice enough and in a fight Bloodlust knew he could beat him. So the Blood Hollowheart decided to silently stalk the Lucain, following it from a distance (and by a distance, the petite Hollowheart meant gripping the high ceiling of the cave and watching everyone carefully, following whoever seemed most intelligent (the Lucain, who wasn't being overpowered with competitive spirit). Stalking was fun!

At the crossroads, Bloodlust waited for him to decide, then, when he said he'd go Right, he landed and came up behind his new friend/future victim - oh wait. Right. Not time to think about food. Stupid pansy'd probably taste bad anyways. he mentally growled to himself - eyes on the prize, which was a happy Ray.

"Mind if I follow you? I've no clue what path to take, and if we're attacked, protecting ourselves will be easier in pairs."

(Cynic vampire fun! 2.3)

Ludo - Topeka

rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Riding a giant pit bull through the sea of kittens to meet the lion king!

Postby Krystalolive » 06/26/2010 8:21 PM

Draco listened to the coated figure, then took then map and nodded. This might take some time to get through. He smiled, noticing how some of the tunnels led to the same place, so even if you went a different way than the others, you could still run into them. And whatever they brought with them, friend or foe. He chuckled, then jumped down in hole, gliding down to the bottom. 'Well, it's not completely dark. At least I'll be able to see what's in front of me.'

Draco went down the path, then paused at the fork. He listened, and heard the two before him in the right tunnel. Draco had always been a loner himself, so he smirked and went down the right tunnel. He knew that there was a chance that one of the others would also come down this path, but hopefully he would be in the next part of the caves.

Unless he ran unto something of course.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Akida » 06/27/2010 12:52 AM

Persephone stood as a brightly colored wokkee entered the cave. She huffed at the air as the stranger seemed to grow a bit more excited...or so she thought. She did not know for a fact, but something nagged at her that this was definitely not going to be boring. She stretched her wings one at a time as she raised herself to her full height..or as much as the cave allowed..then took a step forward.

She listened to the words that were apparently made to terrify and weak willed soul. Something in her at that moment stirred deep within her and she found herself quite ready to go down that dark hole in the center of the cave. She took a map from the cave dweller in her sharp claws and looked back at the last one to go down. She stepped over the hole and dropped down to the lower levels of the cave. Setting the map down for a quick moment, she looked it over and hastily devised a plan to get her through this without a scratch hopefully.

Rolling the map back into it's former shape, she headed down the narrow pathway and came to the first fork. She stopped and sniffed at the air for a moment and looked at the floor beneath her. So far what tracks she could see all headed to the right of the fork. She stuck to her plan and took the left fork. She wished them well in their journey and trudged forward.

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Postby Ashes » 06/27/2010 12:43 PM

Watching, I decided to go Left, but I was unsure of what awaited me. I stepped in that direction, hoping I could find someone to pair up with. I trembled, scared and angry. It was a contest! I wouldn't DIE here. ...Right?! Oh my... If i died here, Nothing would stop me from crying. I would break down and beg to leave. I had to be strong here, for if I showed weakness, I would be picked off by the vultures. I had to stop overreacting. Soon
Back from.. a two year hiatus? o.o;
Ashes
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 408
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 06/29/2010 5:17 PM

Just thought I'd use my Pets oPo

Celtic:
The coward Lucain had taken the right path, was it a good choice, only time would tell. The path seemed to narrow before it opened into another opening. It seemed almost like a room, a room that could hold dangers. In the center of the room there was a small torch, the light coming from that torch barely lite up the room. the shadows seemed to dance with each flicker of the flame. As the shadows danced, there could be seen, in the farthest corner, a darker shadow. It seemed to inch closer to the Lucain, as it did it also grew. Until it was just a few feet from him, the shadow darkened even more and as it's features sharpened, it could be identified as a Angriff Kirund.

The beast  growled as his figure became complete. It seemed to act as if it was protecting something. Maybe the path, maybe the fire. It wasn't sure, but what was sure was that it wasn't going to back down. What was the Lucain going to do, it was obvious that walking around him was impossible. So what could you do? Before anyone could make a decision, the beast growled again. Then with a loud bark that echoed of the rock walls, it changed at the Lucain. It's teeth completely shown, and glistening maniacally in the dim light.

rayquaza7996:
The Hollowheart had followed after the Lucain, would prove anything? Would he help the Lucain conquer the things that feared him? Why would he, it was a contest, he wouldn't want the Lucain to win a prize he wanted, would he? Never the less, the path also had an obstacle for him. There was a soft cry, just before the path opened up into the next room. A little Fuyu Shii popped out from it's hiding place. Tears pouring from it's eyes.

"Please mister, please help me!" It shouted out. It ran to the Hollowheart, still crying. "I am lost, I can't find my mommy, or the way out. Can you help me, please?" It whined. It bounced around, just seeming to be so upset over this.

Krystalolive:
It seemed that everyone was taking the same path. What would they all do if they all went after the same prize? Could it be divided for them all? It wasn't sure, but it would be best if they didn't try to find out. The cave echo'd of the events that were already going on. But before this Hollowheart could reach the others, a Cursed Yonyuu ran up to him.

"Stop!" It shouted, holding a paw up to him. "I cannot permit you to take another step." He said, as if he was some sort of Police Officer. He folded his wings on his back as he sat down in the Hollowhearts path. "It's much to dangerous for you to go any farther." He warned.

Akida:
What was with all of the Hollowhearts? Well, at least this one chose the other path, the first was starting to get a bit crowded. This path was a straight shot to the next room, and surprisingly was light very well. No shadows could be seen at all. So it was safe to say that nothing could hide in here? Well, that wasn't entirely true. There was a faint scratching sound, then from the roof of the room flew down a Slykoon. He flew right into the face of the Hollowheart.

"Hey, how you doing?" He said in an exciting voice. "What are you here for? Did you also hear about the treasure?" He asked. He fluttered around, he seemed almost hyper. He flew back into the room, flying around the room like a fly trapped in a house. "I can't seem to find my way anywhere. I've been down all the paths." He said before landing and looking around at the ground. "I think there's no treasure, just better to turn back and head home." He sighed.

Ashes:
Well, that was two that chose the left path, it was better than just one. This one was a Carolwockee, the one that seemed so sure he was going to make it to the end. He would soon find out that it was a little harder than he would soon found out. Before he could reach the next room, there was a flash of yellow. And out popped a Relowockee.

"Well, hello!" He shouted. He ran right up to the Carolwockee, not caring if he was violent or not. "What brings you to this dark and damp place?" He asked. He walked around the Carolwockee, examining him. He walked with a bit of a bounce to his steps. "Come one, you can tell me." He shouted excitedly.

HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 06/30/2010 10:41 PM

Ororo did not want to be followed. Period. Specially not by a scary hollowheart D8; That could mean like certain death for him! Or worse! The stupid thing might eat his damsel in distress! So when it spoke to him, he walked on, preparing an answer. [i]No, no no. Absolutely not. D8; God no, but please don't kill me....[/b] They were all so harsh though, and Ororo didn't like confrontations, oh no no no! They were horrible, terrible things that only brought horrible terrible things to their bringers DX So no, Ororo just stuck with the 'Oh um, what? I didn't hear you' approach.

But then the path started to narrow. And Ororo started to panic. Wide-eyed with fear, he saw light finally! A real, bright, warm, welcoming, slightly-creepy light. At first, he ran for it! Happy as can be. Even though he'd only been down here like what, five minutes? Then came the anxiety, paranoia and well, scardy-catness. Ororo slowed down, and looked around himself constantly. There! Just there... Something was there. And it sure as hell looked pretty darn scary. D8; Ororo didn't even bother composing himself, he just lowered himself to the ground and shook.

"Who.... Who's there?!" He managed a weak shaky call, no doubt thinking about how the thing was thinking how good and easy prey he looked. Finally though, the shape was given a face, and colors. It was something Ororo had only heard about. It was terrifying to even Celtic. She refused to get one just for that reason alone, and Ororo was finally understanding why. And then, it charged.

All dramatic like, everything just sort of slowed for the lucain. He no longer shook as he watched the kirund charge at him, forceful and full of vengence. He heard the growls ring through his ears and he was calm. As if he was watching through some one else's eyes. And in a way he was.

The split marking comes with a trait, a quirk if you must. Generally the wearer has multiple personalities, well where do you suppose one goes when the other take over? Right where Ororo went. Outside. His alter ego, Dakota had finally rendered Ororo incompetent to take this situation, and had taken over. Ororo, even though he was the dominant one, couldn't do a thing to stop it. So he was expelled from his own body, forced to watch what would happen next.

Dakota first of all, as he didn't have much time to do much of anything, rolled himself to the side, getting a scratch from the Kirund's claws. Dakota was cool and cocky, but he was also a waaaay better fighter then Ororo ever would be. Ororo probably would've gotton them both killed and that alone was enough to make Dakota angry enough to fight back. His eyes narrowed as he got up and watched the Kirund to make the next move, tails thrashing near the floor. This was now his fight and he was going to win it.

Ororo on the other hand was definately not happy about how Dakota was handleing things. In his mind, everything was wrong. Especially the blood dripping from his shoulder. Even as just a soul, Ororo could feel his brother's pain for him, and even though he dissapproved of fighting, he tried to soak up as much of the pain as he could. It was after all the only thing he could do as of now. Not like spirits can really make a Kirund turn around or surrender.

[[Yay for twists! 8D!]]

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby rayquaza7996 » 06/30/2010 11:07 PM

Meh. Ugh. Stupid lucain was ignoring him. Screw that, then, it was back to stalking him creepily from the ceiling. Nowait, the ceiling was way up high and that was hard D8 Plus, this Ororo, he did look pretty tasty. But there was no point filling up now, Ray would surely give him a big, tasty reward. Tasty...almost certainly tastier than the blood of some stringy pansy. He muttered as much under his breath and then purposefully fell behind, carefully examining the walls for cracks that could have cavesnakes. Those were good eating.

He hardly noticed the Fuyu Shii, so preoccupied was he with the idea of delicious tunnel-snake, but even he wasn't immune to the incredible power of the adorable diamond eyes. D'awww. So cute. So he grinned at it. Looking for its mommy? Aww...it was like a puppy and a kitty combined 8D Whoever had had that idea, they had been a genius! 8D He was gonna buy one of those someday!

"Of course I'll help, little one!" Bloodlust smiled. He bowed his head down low. "Here, get on and you'll be able to see farther! Then it'll be easier to find her!

(3)

Ludo - Topeka

rayquaza7996
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next