With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

"Whattaya mean, boot camp?" [Training for the war!

Postby SpringsSong » 09/08/2007 7:19 PM

ImageImage
Ashilata, "Ashi"-----Ryen-----Tali?±a

A small training party walked into Wilt'no Desert, having been hand-picked by their trainer from the pets at their Arena to be in the war.  The Ringed and Jacket fox Lucain held up a claw for the rest to be silent as she sniffed the air.  She looked around, and then, she lept at a bush that rustled in the hot wind.  Her claws seemed to penetrate it, and she ripped a clawful of leaves away.  "Beat that, friends." The Lucain said.

"Okay." Ryen said, looking about.  Within a heartbeat, he leapt at a passing Hisper.  He caught up the poor thing in his jaws, but he did not bite down on it.  He brought it to the Lucain to see, and she nodded her approval.  "Good, Ryen.  Ashi?  Your turn."

The Trikuhna looked about, trying to find something to attack.  She flew up into the air, and then, dove towards a rock and caught up an Angst Ball.  She landed next to Tali?±a and put the tiny pet down.  "How's this?" She said, looking up at Tali?±a.

"Good, good." She said.  "Now... what else can we do out here?" She asked.

{1 x3--Adding later}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/08/2007 8:44 PM

The Malice Wyrm hissed in displeasure at herself, upon seeing the hapless Hisper abused. However, she relaxed due it remaining unharmed. Guess this will do. she thought to herself, and slithered over. Her body was still warmer than her average temperature from her earlier exertions, and a few scrapes marred her black and red hide. "Evening. Mind if I join you?" She asked, trying to be politely casual, but a hint of impatience still lingered in her tone.

{13}
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/09/2007 3:08 PM

Tali?±a looked up at the Malice Wyrm.  "Sure.  All are welcome to join us." She said, a smile playing onto her face.  "I am Tali?±a, commander of FireHeart's team of war pets.  My companions are Ryen," here she pointed to the Disease Kuhna, "and Ashilata, but everyone calls her Ashi." She said, pointing to the Trikuhna.

"Hello there." Ryen said to the Malice Wyrm, now glad that the Hisper had slithered off elsewhere.

Ashi just looked up at the Malice Wyrm, entranced by her... dangerous-ness.

{2 x3}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mojave » 09/11/2007 3:49 PM

Nicus noticed the wary stare she was recieving, but ignored it. Being a malice wyrm, one had to get used to being feared. She bobbed her head in thanks and then took a better look at the company. "So.. what exactly do we do?"

{14}
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/12/2007 2:31 PM

"I dunno.  Practice fighting, practice going for extended periods of time without means of food or drink..." Tali said, having to sit down for a moment to steady herself.  What had suddenly ailed her?

"What my friend means is we're out here to train in the harshest of conditions for a war that is soon to be upon us." Ryen said, pawing at the dirt.

"If you ask me, I am rather excited about the war.  Have I ever told you about the time..." Ashi began to say before Tali cut her off.

"Enough with your war stories, Ashilata.  Prove to us first that you can fight as well as you can recreate battle stories, and then you may tell such stories to your heart's content." Tali said, and then said more quietly, "Where is Sethor...?"

{3 x3}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/12/2007 7:32 PM

The Trikuhna looked up.  "Greetings to you.  I am Ashilata, and my companions here," here she pointed to Tali?±a and Ryen, "are Ryen and Tali?±a.  Tali?±a is our coach, but I think she does not fare well.  She seems to be fading." She said.

Ryen nodded.  "Aye, that she is... she looks as though she is expecting, and she keeps mentioning Sethor... whoever he is..."  he looked to the Garudor.  "You are Aero, yes?" He wouldn't await a response before saying, "Could you fly overhead and see if there is an oasis nearby?  Tali is fading fast; and she needs water." he said.

"What?  More com--companions?  I'm Tali?±a... oh, Ryen.... please, get me somewhere other than here; I feel like I'm dying..." The distressed Lucain said, clearly growing delerious for whatever reasons.

{4 x3--This is gonna be fun; roleplaying a pregnant Tali?±a... xD}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 09/13/2007 12:18 AM

((May I join?  This could get interesting...))

ImageImageImage
Sire Varalus, Meihua, and Mrs. Manuel

"Then the great Holy Triumvirate saw the trainer's honesty and compassion, and granted her wish.  And that, my friends, is why you should always do good, for you never know what gods may be watching," Sire Varalus finished, looking at the Arkuhna and Mr. Wilson tagging along behind him.

Meihua muttered something to her friend, Mrs. Manuel, and Mrs. Manuel giggled.  She had an odd giggle for a bird, it was slightly lower-pitched than her usual chirp.  Sire Varalus glared at the two of them, and looked around.  He spotted a familiar black and blue-ringed figure...he swore he'd seen that coat pattern before--Tali?±a!  He knew that female.  He knew her.  They, after all, had been in a breeding together.  "Tali?±a!" he cried, running towards the dark-colored lucain like a furry, flying, furball-thingy.

Meihua and Mrs. Manuel looked at each other, and sighed.  Oh, Sire Varalus was all nice and stuff, although a little boring sometimes, but this was quite interesting. "I never knew he had a mate," Meihua commented.

"Neither did I," Mrs. Manuel told her, laughing.
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2007 2:05 PM

[[xDDDDDDDDDD This is gonna get fuuuun.]]

Tali?±a's ears perked up at the sound of the male's voice.  She knew that voice... though it was not that of Sethor, she recognized it.  "Sire V-Varalus?" She asked shakily.  She felt a little weight lift from her, but not much.  It was quite evident that she needed to get to a source of water and fast.  She looked from Leebra to Garudor to Kuhnas, and then, whispered, "I do not think that I can walk a mile.  Not given my condition." She said.  When Ryen gave her a quizzical look, she took a few steps forward and stumbled.

"Okay, don't kill yourself, Tali!  What would Fire and/or Sethor say if you died in the middle of the desert?" Ashilata said, her tone stern.  The Lucain gave her a weak look before she sat down, her breathing slightly labored.

"Now, just close your eyes... We'll be to an oasis in no time; I'm sure of it." Ryen reassured his companions, as well as himself.  Tali did so, and her breathing steadied slowly.  Then, there was a shadow that passed overhead.

Natala

"Natala!" Ashi cried out, greatful to see the Pruine Magistrey flying towards them.  Her impressive wingspan shaded the pets for a short time before she landed.  "What do you need, my friends?" She asked, surveying the group.

"We need someone to fly Tali to an oasis.  Could you please help?" Ryen begged, forgetful of the fact that Magistrey have an instinctual hatred of Garudor.  Natala, thankfully, has showing no hostility to the Garudor.

"I will gladly help, but I need another avian to show me the way." Natala said, looking directly at the Garudor.

{5 x3:1}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/13/2007 6:47 PM

Tali?±a nodded.  "Yes... we met just recently... in one of those darned rooms people throw Kuhnas and Lucain into." She said weakly as she allowed herself to be pushed and dragged by Ryen and Ashi onto Natala's back.  "Come, Sire Varalus..." She whispered before she passed out.

Ryen shook his head.  "So, you're the third in Tali's long list of suitors.  I kinda pity you, good sir.  Do not ask why, but I never much liked the thought of breeding with more than one pet, but then again, I met my lifemate in one try." He said, walking along as Natala took to the air.

Ashi began to walk along too, but soon began to fly.  "Why do Lucain gotta be so heavy, Ryen?" She asked, rubbing her forepaws.  Ryen shrugged.

Natala looked to the Garudor, though she did not seem to be heavily weighted down by Tali.  "So, are you out here for the war as well?  I just came to get some training, but Ryen and Ashi shall be the other two pets besides this one on my back." She said.

{6 x3:2}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Adelie » 09/13/2007 10:52 PM

"Oh, great Holy Triumvirate!" Sire Varalus cried as he saw Tali?±a faint.  He liked the dark female, and did not like the fact that she'd fainted, as he thought fainting came too close to dying.  Of course, thinking of that, more worrisome thoughts came into his mind.  He immediately banished them from his mind, but in doing so, he didn't even notice Ryen was talking to him.  Too much to do...too much to think about...

Mrs. Manuel, being too small to lift anything on her tiny back, with about three square inches of space, chirped to the other birds.  "Hello," she said, then asked, "Which oasis are you going to?  I thought I saw one over there." The Mr. Wilson lifted one wing to point in the direction they had came from.  "Of course, it could've been a mirage."

Meihua, noting Ryen's remark, walked a little faster to catch up with him and asked, "So you found a lifemate in one try?  Who was yours?  I did a breeding once with this fine Kanua named Bluelight, I really liked him, and he was such a good listener!"  She barely paused as she continued to talk on.  "I had four kits with him, they were all sets of twins, two of them live with me and two with Bluelight.  You know, I sort of want to breed with him again, and I'd like to see so many people again...like that Cursed Serraptor I met once in Terrace Park."

((Oh yes, Meihua does 'like' that Serraptor of yours, Thunder.))
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/14/2007 6:41 PM

Tali was slipping slowly in and out of consciousness as Natala flew her to the Oasis.  Turning to Mrs. Manuel, she said, "I'm just following this Garudor here.  He said he saw an oasis about a mile away." She continued to fly, noticing how Tali?±a got heavier by the minute.  She could only wonder why.

Ryen turned to Meihua.  "My lifemate is a most dazzling Festive Kuhna named Vigilpattern, but everyone calls her Specter.  We've had five kits together so far: Spectrakuhna twins, a Calamikuhna, a Doomsberry Kuhna, and a Calamikuhna." He said, continuing to walk along.

Ashi soon landed and continued walking.  "I just hope that Tali's gonna be okay... I mean, her fainting was kinda all of a sudden, yeah?" She asked.  Ryen nodded, continuing to walk along silently.

{7 x3:3}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next