With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

Desert Survivor RP

Postby Warnz » 10/30/2008 7:20 PM

Name: Sheut
Species: Clockwork Hollowheart
Level: 1
Form: Quad

Sheut slowly surveyed the barren terrain from his vantage point high over the desert. He could just barely make out the tiny caravan signaling the progression of the contestants-to-be. Hmph. They still seem quite a ways off... maybe two, three hours away? Well, I'll just have to wait... With that, Sheut dropped into a downwards spiral towards the harsh desert below, landing in a cloud of sand and dust. *coughing* At least it's not the swamp... Settling down, he made himself as comfortable as possible (which was not very much so) and awaited the arrival of contestants.

{Sheut: I}
*~* Is NOT a reindeer... *~*
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 281
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 10/30/2008 7:45 PM

Cursed Kasuga

Name: Erebus
Level: 1

Erebus trotted along side the caravan. He thanked his lucky stars for the flames. They cooled the air around him, keepig him from overheating. His eyes glowed softly. This was his first time out of the pens.He also didn't have Charna. Usually she went everywhere withhim. The Bleeder normally sat between his horns. The fact that she wasn't there threw him off. But he was prepared for this. He saw something flutter down to the earth. What was it? Well, he would find out soon. So, he let his mind wander, continueing towards the starting point.

E:1
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Owl » 10/30/2008 8:03 PM

Dare huddled in the corner or the caravan as it bumbled onwards towards where the contest was to be held. He hated how rocky the road was, how on each bump he went flying upwards and felt like his brain was jostled around like a rubber ball in his head, how many creatures were in the caravan with him, and he hated how the monastery sent him to compete to earn some extra money for the church. He wasn't getting payed enough for this.
Dare gave a loud sigh, his nose twitching with he dust feeling the air. His dark eyes watched each movement of the other contestants, trying to find a weakness or soft spot he could use later. Gods be cursed, it was taking forever for this heap of wood to get there! It's been at least an hour; they should be there by now! Dare ears laid against his skull as he started to get perturbed. "Screw this," he growled as he made his way toward the exit in the back, starting to hyperventilate from the lack of air not filled with sand and his fear of tight spaces starting to kick in. He probably should of mentioned he was claustrophobic.
He leaped out of the caravan to land roughly in the sand. He probably should have checked the ground before jumping out; he was apparently onto of a hill. It happened to be terrible unstable on the sand dune as he slid down it, his paws sliding in easily as if it were water. And not only was he getting buried alive form the paws up, but the wind was picking up, making small sandstorms winding their way around the desert. "Smart idea, idiot," he scolded himself, spreading his wings to have the gusts pull him out of the sand.
Dare soon was aloft as he glided beside the caravan, the tips of his feathers just barely touching it to help guide him through the world of yellow and orange and grey. Through the veils of sand, he could make out a Hollowheart ahead, slowly becoming a solid figure from a mere silhouette.

[1]
she said one day to leave her, sand up to her shoulders waiting for the tide
to drag her to the ocean, to another sea's shore.
this thing hurts like hell,
but what did you expect?

and all you can hear is the sound of your own heart
and all you can feel is your lungs flood and the blood course
but oh I can see five hundred years dead set ahead of me,
five hundred behind,
a thousand years in perfect symmetry...
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 10/30/2008 8:03 PM

Name: Twilight Whisper
Breed: Void Fellox
Level: 13
Form: Anthro

Spreading her skirt around her, Twi peered towards where she had seen a Hollowheart spiral down from the sky.
The roof of the caravan shaded most of the sun but still, she had to squint.
Cocking her head, her curious eyes survied the dry land.
She didn't really take notice of the other contestants.
It wouldn't matter for a while yet.
Hmm... she mused.
Even thought this place was preferable to the Shrine, it was still a bit too dry for her liking.
Twi shrugged and twirling her long hair, she started to sing, happy for another challenge.

[61]
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 10/30/2008 9:03 PM

Her red eyes glowed as the sun brightened, and her heart was evi for anything to win.Hime decided to wear her usual and had a small bag around her waist.  Hime listened to her favorite music, called Blood Queen, by Misato Aki.  She twirled with a black heart shaped box that was locked.  "It's to bad Flandre hed to rest her little head for a while, but at least this is a chance to survive with my weapons in clutches of the small hand bag."  Hime saw four more contestants and glared with an evil smile.  "This'll be to easy," she said outloud.  Her sharp teeth reflected, but her eyes were still red and reflecting the Clockwork Hollowheart.  "I guess You're the host?"

Hime, female, palowokee, Human form.{32}
Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 220
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 10/30/2008 9:21 PM

[center]Image
Lester
Male Wilt Florana
Human Form
[1]

He almost dropped his open water bottle as the caravan hit a rock. He mumbled to himself about safety before closing his bottle and returning to his book. He could see that they were approaching a Clockwork Hollowheart, apparently the host of this contest. He turned the page and pushed his glasses farther up his nose. Riding in this vehicle is almost as scary as flying in a plane. His star charm glowed warmly from under his shirt. He had decided to dress casually. He could always remove clothing if he had to, though he dreaded the thought, especially with the females here. His charm kept him comfortably cool, changing the temperature around him to what his body needs and is comfortable with. He had studied up on the Wilt'no before coming hear, learning about all the native plants species, edible and non, the best ways to get water, and the easiest ways to make a fire. A fire would be needed since the temperature drops so suddenly at night, but his charm would help, but maybe not quick enough. The time and speed of the temperature drop changes every night, so no one could get a good guess as to when to be prepared. He closed his book and waited for the caravan to stop.

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Indigo » 10/30/2008 11:31 PM

[area]
Quad Form
{1}
[/area]

Top trotted alongside the caravan. He wasn't at all sure how he felt about this. Mince had assured him it was a good idea and that he should go. But then, everyone always agreed with Mince, unless they wanted to experience pain.

He shook his head and watched the Clockwork Hollowheart warily. A desert. Whose idea was this anyway? Why a desert, of all places? It was too dry for much to grow here. He really couldn't stand being so far from plant life.

He adjusted the backpack into a more comfortable position. It held six books that he wanted to read, a water bottle, and a small potted plant that didn't need water. In case he needed someone to talk to.

He decided to stop thinking about it and walked on.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Warnz » 10/31/2008 9:55 AM

[center]Image

Sheut looked on at the caravan, now only more than twenty meters away, slowing to a shuddering halt. Sand flew up in flurries as the tires fought to find grip in the viscous sand underneath. Finally, the covered vehicles lurched forwards one last time, and were still.

"Ah, well well, it seems like we have the contestants here, all ready to go." Sheut allowed himself a chuckle at the driver - didn't the fool notice he only had a fraction of the contestants with him. No matter, we can just wait here for the time being. As for that idiot caravan driver, well, I'll just have to have a word with his superiors... Sheut pulled himself up from his cross-legged position to his full height.

"You must be the contestants," Sheut said, motioning to the small group around him. "But, it seems that you are a few short. I would suggest you all to make camp here, for the time being, seeing that it's now night, and the others will likely be lost or dead by morning." On that grim note, Sheut pulled himself up in the air, gliding to a small mound of bags. Motioning to the heap, he once again addressed the group. "This will be your gear for the week. It includes a tent, a torch (flashlight), water gathering supplies, a pocket knife, some rope, and a few other items." Sheut paused, then continued to add one last note. "Use these wisely, as we will not be providing you with anything else. If you screw up, then, quite frankly, you're better off out."

Sheut ended his speech, and returned to his resting position under a dune. This was going to be a long week...

{Sheut: II}
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 10/31/2008 11:03 AM

Hime saw the tent and started to prepare herself.  She tighened the rope and flowingly, yet quickly put the tent together.  One she was done with that, Hime looked at the other opponents.  "If they don't make it out alive, at least their bodies will be great corpses," she said to herself out loud.  She placed out her spike ball and went inside her blood red colored tent.  Inside her tent she was cleaning her chainsaw from all of the blood of the werewolf battle.  "Man that was a terrible battle...  I hope Riza is alright."
{33}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Owl » 10/31/2008 10:58 PM

Dare's paws were scorched from the blazing heat of the sand as he landed onto the loose ground. His mauve eyes narrowed towards what he assumed to be the host; what a cheery fellow. I suppose if you worked in a business of making people suffer, you'd be terribly morbid, too.
He held his wings aloft, like giant umbrellas, to hide him from the treacherous sun; what he would give to not have his thick winter coat now! He trotted swiftly towards the mounds of equipment, nosing his way through them to find one that looked suitable. Finding a spot far enough from the group but close enough to hear whatever announcements that were uttered, he rummaged through the sack to make sure he had all the listed items. Good; it looked like it was all there. The bright red pocket knife caught Dare's eye as he gently picked it up with his mouth. He really didn't need it, seeing as he had long claws just as sharp, but he still favored knives of any kind. If he were human, they would his definite weapon of choice.
As the sun was quickly disappearing behind the far away hills, the next thing to be completed was to set up camp. Now just to set up the forest green tent--which would be much easier if Dare had a thumb, or actual hands. "Gods, be cursed for such faults!" he swore under his breath as he stared at the mess of cloth and bars. This was going to one of many long nights.

Using the flashlight to shed some light on the crumpled instruction that were found in the mess, Dare tried his best to set up the tent. After much confusion, tearing, swearing, and tantrums, he had created something that resembled a tent at the very least. Tossing the rest of his supplies within the enclosure, Dare settled down for some needed rest. Soon, his body heaved in quiet breaths as it drifted off. His brain, however, still whirred and clicked as it began forming the plans for tomorrow, how to overcome his digit shortage, and how to win.

[2/5]
she said one day to leave her, sand up to her shoulders waiting for the tide
to drag her to the ocean, to another sea's shore.
this thing hurts like hell,
but what did you expect?

and all you can hear is the sound of your own heart
and all you can feel is your lungs flood and the blood course
but oh I can see five hundred years dead set ahead of me,
five hundred behind,
a thousand years in perfect symmetry...
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby clackno1 » 11/01/2008 11:00 AM

Lester pulled on his heavy winter coat before setting to work on his tent. He could already feel the temperature dropping. He scanned the directions for the tent then set to work. Putting poles together, tying rope. What an easy task."I thought this was going to be challenging..." His voice trailed off as he stepped inside the white tent he had put together. No blankets or sleeping bags? This would be a long night, though he could already feel the air around him getting warmer from his charm the air outside his bubble was swiftly dropping, causing frost to form on the metal poles of his tent."Glad I came prepared." He dug a hole in the sand for a makeshift bed and slowly was overtaken by sleep.

[2]

One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century.
Jack the Ripper

Zoo Pen/~/Wishlist/~/Breeders Listing/~/Clickables
clackno1
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Postby Lunasa » 11/01/2008 2:14 PM

The Kasuga sighed. This was going to be difficult with hooves. Through much trial and error, he set up his black tent. As night fell, he set up his water gathering equipment. It was a simple enough set up. A tarp was set on the ground and the dew collected on the tarp. Not that he needed much water anyway. Carefully he strang the pocket knife round his neck. Why did he have to come? Send someone with thumbs, or at least paws, next time. He had to tell that to her that when he got home.

He dug a little hollow in warm sand in his tent and dimmed his flames. Wouldn't do to freeze the air around him. He set a small crystal of Foxfire and drifted of to sleep.

E:2
Me ne freggo - The Blackshirts

Home Sweet Home
Avatars by hyuroi, lachrimaavon, tablo, volkner, and mizzsheldon
Lunasa
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 56
Donate
Location: That place between light and dark where madness grows

Postby Krystalolive » 11/01/2008 4:30 PM

Draco
Level: 17
Quad

The sound of leathery wings surrounded them, then Draco came down. He looked at other Hollowheart, then sighed and bowed his head. "I hope I'm not too late. Got stuck up with the Holiday." He looked around, guessing the bags were supplies. He looked around, happy the others had turned on the flashlights are he'd have never gotten here. He looked at the bag, then chuckled. 'So we have to get our own food.' He looked around, most seemed like they would be ok, though he wasn't sure about the Florana. He sighed. This was going to be a long week.
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Warnz » 11/01/2008 6:19 PM

[center]Image

Sheut sighed. The final contestant had arrived, albeit late, and it seemed that there would be no casualties. He he. At least not yet... Sporting a morbid smirk, Sheut laid himself back down. Being almost entirely mechanical, he did not need such passing comforts as sleep, shelter, or water, which was exactly why he was chosen for the job. Shutting his eyelids, Sheut passed into thought, waiting for the day to arrive...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[DAY 2]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sheut was brought out of his trance by a peculiar scraping sound resonating through his body. Lifting his wing up, he sighted a large scorpion, which had apparently taken shelter under the warmth of his clockwork body. Pitiful thing. To think that I, too, once had to live off the being of others. How utterly vile. Allowing the arachnid to go free, Sheut shook off the scattered sand from his back. Stalking through the make-shift campsite, he positioned himself dead center.

"Everybody get up! If you lay there any longer I'll have to leave you for dead!" Strutting up to the nearest tent, he kicked the side in, ignoring the muffled sounds from within. "Get up! Get up, get up!" Pacing through the center-ground, he brought the camp back to life.

{Sheut: III}
Warnz
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Toon-Souseiseki » 11/01/2008 8:29 PM

Hime was already awake.  "I was awake sience 4:30a.m," she said brushing her hair.  While she was brushing her hair, she sanged a song.  Even getting in her black jean shorts and white spagetti straped shirt.
Hi miss alice.  Anata garasu no Me de donna yume wo Mirareru no? Mirareru no? Mada atashi Kokoro ga sakete Nagarederu Tsukurotta Sukima ni sasaru Kioku-tachi.

She went out of her tent, behind her back was the shears that she was cleaning last night.  "Morning.  So is today going to be a challenge, by any chance?"  Hime fixed her tiara just right on her pretty little blond hair.
{34}
The heart wants what the Heart GRIEVES FOR
And that's the TRUTH
Though it may hurt, I give what they DESIRE
What they Desire is my own IMITATION
The reality is, my mind thinks FICTION

Musa-The Storytelling Likuta

Toon-Souseiseki
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items