With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

If You Can't Stand The Heat...(Open)

Postby Treece » 02/28/2009 2:38 PM

Image Voltage Carpetfang

Lethal

Chekky (Check-EE)

[center]Image Dreamsnare Battleheart

Slasher

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The three pets began moving into the cool of the night out of Basantha. Slasher carried on his back a large backpack filled with water and food in case the Carpetfangs couldn't find anything to eat out here. Slasher liked to travel with them because they didn't sleep, and so he never had the urge to mess with their minds. But he liked when  others who met him knew nothing about him and mistakenly slept around him. Slasher laughed as he remembered those times.

Chekky slithered with his tongue fleeting about. "I don't taste anything else around us. Maybe deeper in there will be food. But first..." Chekky reared up in front of Lethal he hissed angrily. "Don't get mad at me. The whole point of coming out here was to get stronger. now I know you're a new pet but that doesn't mean you get special priveleges." He slammed his neck across Lethal's head.

Lethal recoiled hissing louder. He spit venom and Chekky dodged it. The ground next to him started to sizzle under the moonlight leaving a deep hole. Chekky slithered with increasing speed, wrapped his body around Lethal and tightened.

Slasher smiled. He slammed his foot in the dust as he counted, "1...2...3...You're out!" He laughed into the night as  Chekky released the glowing creature.

"We're going to have to work on that electricity. I didn't even feel anything!"

"Yeah well, wait until I am able to control it. I'll fry you and have you for lunch!" He hissed and slithered deeper into the desert.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 255
Donate

Re: If You Can't Stand The Heat...(Open)

Postby Feint » 03/03/2009 12:05 AM

The kirund stepped easily through the sand, slowly scanning the horizon in front of him. He moved around the dry shrubs with an air of ease, as if he were king of this wasteland. He padded forward with the bored pace of a lion, his vivid red eyes ignoring the tiny desert lizards scampering out of his way. No one would even begin to think he was hunting--but that was the point. The kirund's tiny, gold-pupiled, red-whited eyes had such poor vision that even an elephant ten feet away was a blur. His horizon scanning was as useless as a twisted fork, but it made one think he was looking for some larger prey, maybe around his eye level. The smaller things would all but ignore him. He was using his extraordinary sense of smell to find the one that got too comfortable, and too close. He was having no luck thus far, the smaller things seemed to have their wits about them.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Treece » 03/03/2009 12:27 AM

Slasher nodded after Lethal, "You better keep up with him before he gets hurt out here." He shifted his body weight. He didn't mind carrying things but sometimes he felt uncomfortable with riders or especially backpacks that would sometimes chafe his tightened skin. He rose to all fours and bathed under the moonlight his tail swishing happily. He bgan kicking up dust behind him which suddenly, he inhaled. He coughed uncontrollably.

"Husssssh!" Chekky said frantically. Rarely had he ever slithered out his words so Slasher knew something was up. Chekky rose in the air tasting it delicately. "Something's out there, Lethal will encounter whatever it is..." An evil smile crossed his scaled face. "Slasher I think we have a game to watch." Chekky tossed himself up and barrelled down into the dry dirt heading in the direction of the scent.

Slasher followed frantically behind not sure where he was going. He took to the skies to get a better view and about a mile away he found Lethal still slithering angrily. He stood still in the sky, hovering. Scanning the area he found the other creature Chekky must have tasted. He tilted his head wondering what Lethal's reaction would be, much less the newcomer.

Lethal slithered on not watching for anything in particular. He was still angry at the way Chekky treated him. He stopped suddenly and laid down in the desert under the moonlight and thought of ways to get revenge on Chekky.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 03/03/2009 2:20 AM

The kirund moved onward, panting in frustration. He hadn't eaten in a week, and his blood cell count was getting low. He needed to find something to replenish his lifeblood soon, or he'd get too tired to hunt and die of blood loss. Just as these thoughts passed through his mind, another quarter-sized piece of skin dropped off his shoulder, leaving the muscle bare. The skin had blood on it, but the wound itself didn't bleed. He ground his teeth and swore at the lizards under his breath.

But then his fortune changed. The kirund jerked his head up past his shoulders and sucked in air through his nostrils. Something rather large was coming his way; much larger than himself. And more than likely with better sight than he. The kirund wasn't the best at social stuff, but if anything he could steal a fresh kill from it. He lowered his head to shoulder height and trotted quickly in Lethal's direction.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 03/03/2009 2:47 AM

Lethal lifted his head and scanned the desert. His eyes pointed him to the rising of dust coming at him. He noticed a sickly looking creature coming straight at him. He stirred up dust himself to slightly disguise himself as he thought of a plan. With not much else in mind he stood in wait. Risen as far up on his body that his legless frame could sustain towering high into the night he hissed, "Get back! I'm warning you! I won't be afraid to have you for  an early breakfast!" Venom hung at the tip of his fangs in wait.

Slasher hovered in the air with his wings flapping at a steady pace. He watched the Kirund raging towards Lethal and gave a slight chuckle to himself. "A creature who feels no pain. Ah, this will be fun." Slasher did have meals he could easily give to the Kirund before he took a bite out of Lethal himself, but he was more interested in watching Lethal's reaction, if he wanted to make it anywhere out in places like this he would need to think on his feet, er, belly.

Chekky came up out of the dirt exposing just his head far to the east of lethal and watched in anticipation. he wouldn't let Lethal die, but he wasn't going to babysit him either. "What a wuss, I wouldn't be shocked if he got demolished out there." He hissed silently. He lay is his head upon the chapped dirt ground and watched the two play out.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 03/03/2009 3:21 AM

The kirund halted in midstep, somewhat suprised at the sudden aggression. He licked his nose with a black tounge and slowly padded to the side, as if to go around Lethal. He was watching the white-blue blur carefully, cautiously. He panted again, excited. If this came to blows, good. He could suck up the blood he needed wihtout wasting energy killing something. The kirund paused when he was perpendicular to the carpetfang, tail end flicking. He sort of nodded at Lethal and spoke with a raspy, guttural voice, "Breakfast? It must be morning." He closed his mouth and swallowed, unused to talking. He suddenly remembered that you give your name when in conversation, so quickly added, "My name is Kujiho."

ooc--I'm experimenting with font sizes, so it might change a few times.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 03/03/2009 9:04 AM

Lethal flicked his tongue twice and turned to face the Kirund. He calmed when he realized the animal was not returning his aggression. He lowered his body down to a more comfortable position on the dirt. He looked in the sky. "Not just yet, the moon is still out, but I imagine it will be morning quite soon from the time me and...well from the time I've been out here." He tilted his head. He didn't know much about the Kirund who stood before him. "Can't you see that?" He pressed his body deep against the dirt suddenly becoming suspicious, "My name is, Lethal, nice to meet you Kujiho...what is it you want?" The venom that once hung at his mouth had now cause two identical holes in the ground.

Slasher was unsure of what was going on. He could not hear from his current height in the sky and dared not move lower. He felt Chekky was close at it is. He noticed that Chekky was showing no signals of whether or not a fight was ensuing. The sun would be rising soon and the heat would become terribly uncomfortable soon.

Chekky himself couldn't hear much either, he sensed no aggression in the air and the vibrations from the ground were soft normal tones except when the Kirund spoke, but he figured it was just his tone. He exited the dirt slowly and continued to watch as the two faced each other.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 03/04/2009 2:15 AM

"You're the one who implied it was morningtime," Kujiho rattled. He cleared his throat and subtley scented the air. He was getting a little impatient and tried to think of a quicker way to get Lethal to hunt for him.

"Can't you see that?"

Well, no, he couldn't. He could tell it was dark, but he couldn't see stars, or even the full moon unless he looked for it. A cresent moon was way out of the question, there was no way he'd be able to see such a thin sliver way up in the sky. Kujiho snorted softly.

Kujiho's head twitched upward and his whole body flinched slightly forward when Lethal suddenly moved; had his senses not been on tight reign the Carpetfang would've been attacked for sure. Kujiho suppressed a warning growl and casually relaxed his tense muscles. Only a sharp or trained eye would've noticed the harsh changes in his posture. Kijiho cleared his throat and asked with a raspy voice, "Ah--were you hunting out here?". He felt awkward in asking such an odd question, but tried not to show it.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 03/04/2009 3:47 AM

Lethal recoiled at the Kirund's comment of him insisting the morning. "Everyone's just after me tonight huh?" He thought to himself. He tested the dirt as the sun slowly began to peek at the small group encompassing the desert. Lethal was unsure of how the heat would affect him. He tilted his head at the Kirund's question. His tail was slightly swishing like an angry feline. "Well no I wasn't hunting. Just...in thought is all." He looked away, at the horizon.

With growing impatience and weariness Slasher twirled down to the desert floor sending the remaining night crawlers rushing for their den as he landed. Having as much knowledge as Chekky about creatures that roam Evelon he approached slowly and made his presence known, "Don't freak out, I'm harmless...sort of." A smile crept across his face baring sharp teeth. "Don't mind Lethal, he's not as experienced I guess you could say?" He stood next to Lethal facing Kujiho. Lethal sidewinded from his side.

Chekky approached as well, but not verbalizing himself. He was slightly angry Lethal did not initiate a fight and with Slasher on the ground, nothing would happen. He sat quietly, only his flickering tongue making a sound from him.

Lethal, looking away from Slasher and Chekky spoke, "I think this fella here is hungry if you want to offer him something." Knowing Slasher had a pack full of food.

Slasher ground his teeth for a short moment not liking how Lethal let such a hungry creature know he had food. "I'm sure you would benefit from more fresh food wouldn't you uh...?" He paused as if waiting for a name.

OOC: I forgot to say it's okay if you're experimenting with the fonts, I don't mind. :P

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 03/05/2009 1:34 AM

Slasher hit the ground almost completely undetected. Kujiho jumped clear into the air and ten feet to the side, twisted sharply in midair to face him, and snarled loudly. His startled snarl was guttural and raspy like his voice, but also had a note of sincere threat embedded within. He relaxed just as quickly. Kujiho snorted and ran his black tounge across his nose rather idignantly; he hated being suprised.

So they asked for his name. Kujiho either didn't pick up the hint or chose to ignore it. "Fresh meat, yes. I have no use for dried food," he said shortly. He sniffed the air in irritance, the great big thing had run off all his potential dinner when he landed. And startled him to boot! Kujiho sighed, making his large black lungs show behind his exposed ribs.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 03/05/2009 2:21 AM

Slasher rose an eye brow and was ready to leave with Chekky. Chekky himself, not a big fan of visitors, was uninterested. With no fight ensuing he saw no point of this. Slasher nodded though the request of his name had been ignored, "Well if you want any meal before the heat sets in I suggest we get going." Slasher removed his backpack and Chekky watched him like a dog waiting for his kibble. Slasher took out an airtight bag with a dead rabbit inside. He slashed the package open, releasing fumes and threw the rabbit as far as could which sent Chekky slithering. With such fast pace Chekky left a zig zagging line in the dried dirt as he went for the catch. Slasher began walking away from him in search of food for the new traveler.

Lethal looked at Kujiho for a quick second, "Well Slasher has gone to look for some food, so I'm sure he'll be back soon..." Lethal began to get nervous and slithered away from Kujiho.

About a mile and a half away Chekky was slowly swallowing the limp rabbit as he himself was curled around the prey. After swallowing he began to burrow himself underground for shade so he could digest his food. He began burrowing his was back to Lethal.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 03/05/2009 7:57 PM

Kujiho sent his gaze to his left, then right, half wanting to ditch those three and get something himself from the time they were taking. But waiting for Slasher would probably be quicker. Kujiho snorted and shook his head the way a dog shakes water. He slowly moved over to a flat spot in the sand and flopped down onto his side with a grunt. From there he rolled halfway to his belly and raised his head. He was sitted somewhat like a lioness in the shade. Kujiho curled his lips, exposing dry black gums and cream-colored teeth, all pointed in some way. He let out a soft hiss of air, shook his head like before, and closed his mouth.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 03/05/2009 9:27 PM

Chekky finally came up from underground and looked where he was. Enjoying the cool underground he had missed his stop. He exited the dirt and slithered back to Lethal ignoring Kujiho's presence. "So...why is he still here?" Chekky asked quietly, almost whispering.

Lethal looked at Chekky and hissed. "Slasher went to bring him back some food."

"What! He'ssss hunting for thissss, thisss..." Chekky's words wouldn't come fast enough to describe the Kirund the way he really wanted to. The tip of his body slammed against the ground and shook like a rattlesnake. "I get dead food, and thisss little moocher getsss free food!"

Lethal exposed his fangs, "Stop it! He needs help, can't you see that!?"

"I'll help him alright by swallowing him whole!"

"Not like you have much choice Chekky."

"What is that to mean?" Chekky turned to face him properly.

"It mean you can't chew your food...so you know, it's whole all the time." Lethal looked away.

Chekky deliberately ignored Lethal's last comment and was fixed on approaching Kujiho when he noticed Slasher in the sky carrying a rabbit in one hand and a Batti and a prairie dog in the other. He waited for Slasher to land.

Slasher dropped to the ground, a little more slowly this time. "Here, as fresh as it can get, you're gonna hear a few sounds, but don't worry I'm just killing them okay?"

Chekky slithered over and snatched the dog from Slasher's claws and began to coil around the scampering animal.

"Chekky, that was for..." Slasher shook his head and began snapping necks. When he finished spoke loudly, "I'm going to place them in front of you now." At this time Chekky was endlessly rolling his eyes as he watched Slasher announce himself at every turn. Slasher approached and placed the two animals in front of him and waited to see if he would eat them. "Lethal are you hungry?"

Lethal remained quiet watching Kujiho.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 03/06/2009 1:37 AM

A small rodent peeked its head out of its hiding place, its curiosity struck by the odd hissing sound. Kujiho's nostrils twitched, but he didn't seem to notice. The rodent ducked back into its den, then slowly peeped out, a little further. This continued until the rodent was half a step away from seeing death directly above him. The rat ducked back in its burrow and waited. His furry head reappeared, looked up--then bolted. Kujiho moved like lightning. He splayed his front legs and snapped his head downwards like snakebite. He got a large mouthful of sand and the small kangaroo rat by the tail. It thrashed on its painful leash, terrified. The kirund's raspy growl slipped past the sand, scaring the rat even more. Kujiho pushed the rodent under his paw, spat out the dirt, and promptly drained the rat of blood. He left the drained body at his feet, not interested in such tiny prey. Kujiho half turned to rest and looked up in mild suprise, he'd been so focused on the desert rat that he hadn't noticed anyone approach. He watched Slasher with his ears perked, following his every word.

"I'm not deaf, you know," he grumbled, and rose. He sniffed at both the batti and rabbit for a few seconds before lifting the rabbit with his jaws. He walked back over to his flat spot, circled, and plopped down. Kujiho licked his maw and remembered he was supposed to say something, but he couldn't remember what. He stared at nothing blankly, then half shrugged and bit into the rabbit with a loud crunch.
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Treece » 03/08/2009 1:11 AM

Lethal slid closer to the Kirund but still a safe distance away watching him eat. He tilted his head, eyeing in different angles. He was intrigued by him and thought he would be great against Slasher and Chekky. They always pick on him, and if Lethal wanted to get stronger out her, he was going to need more positive support no matter how untrue that was.

Slasher coughed at Kujiho's comment of not being deaf. "I know that." Slasher slightly bared his teeth. Feeling slightly betrayed after he wasted energy hunting food he stepped back under a not-so shady tree and sat down. Chekky hissed quietly at the feeding Kirund and settled down next to Slasher.

ImageImage
~Treece~
*Pristine*
Treece
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next