With temperatures rising over 143°C (289.40°F) in most areas, the only relief is during the nights when it is much cooler. All travelers are advised to keep to the local towns on the desert's outskirts and avoid traveling too far from civilization. (+3 Endurance, +2 Defense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Wilt'no Desert

.:The Hunter Becomes the Hunted:.

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 11:15 AM

[center]ImageImage
Sandford, Khimera -- Sigurd, DesertRunner/Jacket Fox Lucain

"I can't believe I'm supposed to be working with you pitiful rascal," the female Lucain rasped, obviously in disagreement with such a decision. "I'd rather be working with Senervel than with you, considering I already trust him more than I trust you," she added, narrowing her eyes as she glanced at the Khimera male. "Either way, I'm sure he wouldn't drug me, like someone else I know of," she snapped, feeling the need to tackle him suddenly. She didn't like Senervel any more than Sandford, but at least Senervel had more manners than this insane and demented Khimera.

Sandford simply flicked his tails. "Oh, shut up, you stupid and useless female," he growled, baring his teeth. "I never asked to be sent here with you, so just shut up and deal with it. And stop whining, he's going to join us soon, unfortunately," he replied towards the Senervel matter. He was angry enough he had to be sent outside the Pen, but what was worst is that he had to work with Sigurd and Senervel: his two worst enemies.

The small Ballama spirit was calmly floating over Sandford's tails, avoiding them as he would snap them against the air, and this would usually amuse the small spirit greatly. Sandford, don't be so negative, the spirit told the Khimera, floating towards his head and hanging onto it. I'm sure it'll go well. You have a mission, remember?

Both Sandford and Sigurd groaned. "We know, we're well-aware of it!" they both snapped at the poor spirit, which squealed in fright and disappeared from sight, returning to the back of the metallic feline, adding no more...

[Sandford: 24, Sigurd: 1]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 1:23 PM

Sigurd sighed. The heat was getting rather... well, hot. As it was to be expected in a desert, after all...

She turned to Sandford. "So, what's the beast we're supposed to be hunting?" she asked as nicely as possible, but she was still angry about the fact she had to team up with him.

Sandford simply groaned quietly before replying, "I don't even know all of them. I know the big one is a Hollowheart that's had bad mutations. I guess another is a Carpetfang, and maybe a Cavallion or something of the like." He shrugged. "We'll probably figure it out shortly, anyway. They're bound to attack us eventually," he said, knowing this was most likely going to happen.

Sigurd sighed again. "Pfft. They could have given us the info we needed, at least," she complained, flicking her tails around so to try and get a small breeze.

Sandford pricked his small ears suddenly, stopping in his tracks. "Wait. Listen up..." he said, crouching low to the ground. He had heard something, he was sure of it... but what was it? He'd have to find out...

[Sandford: 25 -- Level Up, Sigurd: 2]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 1:27 PM

Sigurd turned to Sandford, wondering what he was doing now. "What's up with you?" she growled. "This isn't the time to take a break, you lazybutt!" she shouted.

Sandford resisted the urge to smack her violently. "Shut up!" he said, keeping his language to a mild level. "You deaf imbecile... can't you hear?" he asked the female, feeling yet again the urge to sink his teeth in her neck.

Sigurd pricked her ears up. She hadn't heard anything, but... oh! Was this a scream she was hearing? "Wait... a scream?"

Sandford groaned. "About time you heard something," he complained, turning his gaze back to the horizon. "Look carefully, now..." he instructed.

Sigurd squinted, staring into the horizon as the Khimera had told her to. She could see a small, black shape in the distance... with a bigger one... what were those?

[Sandford: 26, Sigurd: 3]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 1:31 PM

Sandford waited for Sigurd's report on what she was seeing from here. "Well?" he asked out of impatience.

The female Lucain blinked shortly before continuing to stare. "Well... I see two shadows, but I can't tell whose pets' they are," she admitted.

Sandford nodded. "Exactly. But I'm willing to bet the bigger one is one of the mad pets we're supposed to eliminate," he said, and he knew he was right. The scream didn't mean nothing, after all. The smaller pet was probably being attacked by the bigger one.

Sigurd crouched down as well, keeping her body low to the ground. "Well... what should we do? We have no cover in the desert," she barked, wondering how they were going to spy or whatnot.

Sandford was about reply as a flash of black and dark-red fur flew between the two 'allies'.

Sigurd gasped, while Sandford howled, "Senervel, fool! Wait!"

Senervel twitched his ears to say he had heard him, but kept dashing towards the two shadows.

[Sandford: 27, Sigurd: 4, Senervel: 103]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 1:38 PM

"The brainless imbecile!" the Khimera yowled in frustration. "He's heading straight to his death!" Taking no time to think, Sandford got up and darted after the Warrior and Shadebane Lucain quickly, Sigurd closely following him as well.

Meanwhile, as the three 'allies' were heading towards the two shapes in the distance...

A rather huge, obviously unusual Fenling was physically abusing a smaller, ordinary Fenling.

The smaller one yelped in pain as the bigger one would throw him away or hit him against the ground repeatedly. It came to an end was the big Fenling pinned the smaller one of its species. "You call yourself one worthy of my army?" the monster called with a voice that seemed like one of a devil's. "Pathetic. I'll show you what we do to useless worms like you," he said, smirking with pure malevolence.

The smaller Fenling looked up at the bigger one in extreme fear, his ears flattened against the back of his head, his tails curled around his body in fear. "S-someone help me..." the helpless one called softly, trembling.

[Sandford: 28, Sigurd: 5 -- Level Up, Senervel: 104]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 1:46 PM

Sandford managed to catch up to Senervel, the male Lucain already tired from his long run from Nori Volcano. "Stupid fool," Sandford muttered to him. "You're running into your death! Turn back and let's think of something," the Khimera said, trying to grab the Lucain's tails, but failed as Senervel sidestepped away from him.

"I don't need your help," the Warrior replied, not even looking at his Khimera brother. "I'm a solo worker; I don't like teamwork."

Sigurd was easily able to catch up, her DesertRunner marking being useful in the desert, her body physically born with such abilities. "Senervel, although Sandford is not right every so often, he is right now," she admitted grudgingly. "We should stand back and... God!" She abruptly stopped in her tracks as she saw a bloodied corpse laying there, completely lifeless.

Senervel stopped gradually, looking at the corpse as well. As for Sandford, he simply stopped, his face showing no thought or expression.

There lay a small Fenling, his stomach ripped opened, and his face completely clawed to shreds, his mouth now crooked and wide open, his paws crisped in pain. And standing beside it, its jaws and claws tainted with blood, was the enormous Fenling monster, smirking with delight.

[Sandford: 29, Sigurd: 6, Senervel: 105 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 1:59 PM

The Fenling turned to the small, yet crowded army of Fenlings that was standing behind him. "This is what happens to the cowards of Roamer of the Desert's army!" he shouted, some of the small foxes shaking lightly, others looking up at Roamer with glittering eyes.

Roamer turned to the trio of murderers. "And who're you small and puny people?" he asked, narrowing his eyes.

"This has to be one of the demented pets that are causing trouble around here," Sigurd murmured, staring at the Fenling, the difference in size impressive.

Senervel nodded. "Yes. Apparently, there are four of them: the Fenling, the Fellox, the Carpetfang, and then the Hollowheart: the one controlling the three others." He looked up at the Fenling, one that was now twice the size of a Lucain.

Sandford took a few steps forward towards Roamer, his face showing no emotions. Once he was close enough to the Fenling, he shouted, "Hey! Who do you take us for, monster?" He unsheathed his claws, his teeth bared. "I could kill you in a single blow, easy!"

Roamer made a strange rumbling sound come from his throat, one that seemed like a laugh after a short while. Now grinning, he said, "Alright, then. If you can survive my army's ambush, you can face me... if you don't get killed beforehand!" He then laughed maniacally. "You lot! After those three!"

Roaring to the three killers, the small army ran towards them at a great speed...

[Sandford: 30 -- Level Up, Sigurd: 7, Senervel: 106]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 2:09 PM

The three pets readied themselves for the ambush that was coming.

Considering his smaller size, but his stronger defense, many Fenlings focused on Sandford, biting at the spots that were without armor. The feline hissed as a few sank their small razor-sharp teeth into his flesh. He swiftly grabbed a few with his tails, piercing through their bodies and sending them away, clawing at the ones charging at him head on, kicking those trying to bite his hind legs, and rolling onto his back to squish those that had climbed onto his back. Killing them wasn't going to make him feel bad; this was obviously turning into a declaration of war between the three killers and that Roamer monster.

Sigurd would mostly rely on her speed and her lean body, making it easy for her to sidestep and avoid their attacks, most of them hitting another companion as she evaded. That didn't keep her from clawing and biting at a few ones that was charging at her head on.

Senervel also relied on his speed, avoiding his opponents calmly and swiftly slashing at those approaching him.

Soon enough, the whole army had been defeated; some of them had ran with their tails between their legs, others had been killed, others were gradually dying from their injuries. However, that didn't leave the three allies undamaged; Sandford wasn't hurt too much, considering his armor, but Sigurd was bleeding here and there, while Senervel had a few scratches.

They all turned to Roamer.

[Sandford: 31, Sigurd: 8, Senervel: 107]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 2:16 PM

The monster growled with frustration. "How... how dare you humiliate me, Roamer of the Desert! I'm going to kill you three, for sure!" He unsheathed his enormous claws and lunged at the pets, who quickly avoided the slow but powerful pet.

Reacting quickly, Sandford came up with a plan. This Fenling was huge, so his speed would most likely be turned into a disadvantage, especially in the desert: and that would be his weakness.

Sandford, Sigurd and Senervel were all rather fast, their jobs as criminals having developed their speed immensely. Sigurd was especially fast in the desert, considering her DesertRunner marking, and as for Senervel, Shadebanes were rather fast as well. Used to heavy materials, Sandford's speed wasn't penalized either.

They would need to throw the Fenling down, then to attack the belly: the softest and weakest part of its body. The blood loss would eventually win over the Fenling's mind.

He quickly ran over to Sigurd and Senervel, explaining his plan. The female nodded. "Alright, this sounds like a good one." She turned to Senervel, who simply nodded without saying a word. He was probably still upset he had to team up with the two of them.

[Sandford: 32, Sigurd: 9, Senervel: 108]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 2:26 PM

Sandford nodded. "Alright. Let's go!"

He darted away, trying to attract the attention of Roamer. "Try to catch me, slug!" he shouted at the Fenling, enraging the beast. He jumped quickly to avoid a blow from the Fenling's paw, crouching or jumping under or over the tails of the furry monster. You aren't going to catch me so easily! he thought, smirking and continuing in his diversion.

Meanwhile, Sigurd and Senervel were waiting for the right moment to strike. Roamer would constantly keep his tails around his ankles, making it impossible for them to strike. Sigurd was laying on the sand, wincing lightly now and then.

Senervel looked down at her. "What's wrong?" he asked, bending his head down towards her.

"My ribcage... I guess it was badly hit during the ambush," she admitted, gritting her teeth because of the pain. "It's going to pass, let's just defeat that monster and..." She was quickly kept from saying any more.

Senervel had her pinned to the sand, the female struggling under his powerful grasp. "Let me go!" she growled, glaring at him, but the male refused to obey.

"No," he replied, "you'll just make it worse. Wait here; Sandford and I will take care of this monster." He let go of Sigurd, running off towards the Fenling monster.

[Sandford: 33, Sigurd: 10 -- Level Up, Senervel: 109]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 2:42 PM

Sigurd groaned in anger as Senervel's orders, but she knew it was for her safety. It was odd, though... he hadn't cared for her like that in a long time. She sighed and shook her head. He wasn't interested in her anymore, that she knew. She simply licked her side, glancing at the two fighting males now and then.

Sandford was distracting Roamer still, while Senervel was biting at the monster here and there, staying away from its paws or tails. "Why isn't Sigurd coming to help!?" Sandford shouted while avoiding Roamer's claws.

"Her ribcage was damaged during the ambush," Senervel explained, bouncing at Roamer's paw and biting it with much force, making the enormous pet howl with pain.

Sandford let out a swear, kicking the sand. "Argh! This is just great!" he shouted, avoiding yet another attack.

[center]Image
Herakleides, Imperial Hollowheart

Meanwhile, in the shadows, a smaller than usual Hollowheart male was watching the fight from above. Watching the Khimera and the Lucain fight, he wondered if they had a chance of winning against Roamer. He simply kept hovering over the two fighters silently, watching the fight...

[Sandford: 34, Sigurd: 11, Senervel: 110 -- Level Up, Herakleides: 1]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 2:59 PM

Sensing the presence of the Hollowheart hovering over the group, Roamer looked up, hissing at the dragon. He laughed maniacally, as if he was going to do something insane.

Sandford and Senervel stopped in their tracks, looking up in the direction Roamer was looking in. The two looked at one another afterwards. "Is it an enemy or an ally to us?" Senervel asked, and Sandford replied rudely, "Am I supposed to know, idiot?"

Roamer looked at the Hollowheart, which from where he was, seemed to be of the Imperial species. "Hahaha...! Herakleides... You fool, you have come back," the Fenling said, baring his teeth at the Hollowheart. "This time, you shall not escape my fangs!" Howling in rage and raising his bum to the sky, the Fenling bounced at the scaly pet.

Herakleides, for that seemed to be his name, avoided the Fenling's move easily, quickly dropping in height to reach the ground as quickly as possible.

He landed in front of Sandford and Senervel, folding his wings beside his sides and slightly over his stomach. His head was scared with many claw-scars, and his stomach had a huge bite mark left upon it. His wings were slightly damaged, most likely from a fight, and one of his eyes seemed... unusual.

What was striking, however, was this Hollowheart's very odd size; Hollowhearts were said to be huge, but this one... he was barely hitting six feet in height. How come?

Kleides turned to Sandford, his figure serious and showing much strength. "I shall help you defeat this monster, if you would accept me by your side," he said, his voice having somewhat of a French accent, but sweet and comforting, almost expiring courage and determination.

While the trio was discussing, Roamer saw this as an opportunity to attack them while they were off-guard. Opening his huge mouth wide and preparing to lunge...

"Oh no you won't!"

Sigurd flew at the monster, landing on its nose and bit the Fenling's muzzle with all her might, making the monster roar with pain. Sigurd glanced at the three pets, her eyes angry, as if asking what the heck they were doing.

[Sandford: 35 -- Level Up, Sigurd: 12, Senervel: 111, Herakleides: 2]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 3:04 PM

Sandford and Senervel gasped at Sigurd's action, especially in the condition her body was. "Sigurd!" they both shouted as they saw a trickle of blood drip from her side, the female Lucain struggling to keep her teeth into the Fenling's flesh.

Roamer hissed and glared at the Lucain. "You little pest!" he grabbed the female with his paw and threw her away with much force, causing the female to whine upon contact with the sand, rolling a few ways away.

Senervel gasped, turning to Roamer and growling with rage, his fur standing on end. "I'll make you pay for sure!" he howled, bouncing at the Fenling.

Sandford turned towards Sigurd's location; the female was still breathing, that was good. But her injury had gotten worse, and she was struggling to breath.

"Let me watch over your ally," Kleides said, flying off and heading for Sigurd. What amazing speed that Hollowheart had... had he been trained for such situations? Nonetheless, he reached the wounded Lucain in no time, proceeding into healing her injury.

Sandford had no time to reply anything, but he didn't really care. He simply helped Senervel wound the monster in front of him.

[Sandford: 36, Sigurd: 13, Senervel: 112, Herakleides: 3]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 3:23 PM

Kleides set his wing claws over to Sigurd's ribcage, once he was done cleaning the blood from the actual injury. He closed his eyes, murmuring a soft song that was obviously in another language, "Faites que cette esprit soit gu?©rie gentillement, O Dieux, donnez ?† cette jeune vie une autre chance." And then his eyes flew open, the strange one glowing brightly while the other one had blanked out. And then... the wound was completely gone, the fur clean from blood and from the powerful scent that comes from it, as if nothing had ever been damaged...

Sigurd blinked at this amazing spell. "How..." She simply stared in astonishment. "I... Thank you," she thanked, avoiding eye-contact. Not from shyness, but from the strange fear this Hollowheart was creating inside her heart.

Kleides blinked slowly, his mind drawing a short blank. He turned to the fight that was still going on. Sandford and Senervel were hanging out well, but so was Roamer, his size giving him more stamina than the Khimera and Lucain.

But then, their luck ran out. Sandford got pinned to the sand while he was avoiding one of Roamer's tails, and Senervel got caught by the Fenling's free paw. The two were now chocking from the heavy out upon their backs, coughing for air, the Fenling smirking evilly, licking his lips as if tasting the taste of victory.

The Imperial dragon narrowed his eyes. Spreading his wings, he started running towards the monster. And gradually, a light enveloped the scaly being. Kleides jumped, taking flight, and charging at Roamer at full speed, the light enveloping him completely, creating an arrow of light.

Roamer's eyes shot out, and he quickly tried to defend himself against the Hollowheart using his four tails as barriers. The attempt failed, however, for each tail got pierced through, like a rock falling through a floor made out of paper. The light surrounding Kleides disappeared, but he was still going at such a speed that it was easy for the flying pet to fly right through the Fenling's chest, sending blood all over the place...

[Sandford: 37, Sigurd: 14, Senervel: 113, Herakleides: 4]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 10/14/2007 3:47 PM

Sandford and Senervel were released from the monster's paws, running a few ways away from the now dead monster. They looked at Kleides in astonishment, the Hollowheart flying back towards them once he had passed through the Fenling's chest.

But despite its injuries, the monster was still alive, although barely. He could barely breathe, but managed to say, "Ha... haha...! You may have... defeated me, Roamer of the Desert... but..." Here he stopped to cough a big amount of blood, "but... there are others... others... much stronger... that will... avenge my... de...a...th..." A short gasped of pain and exhaustion was hurled from the Fenling's throat before the monster was officially dead. The dead body of the monster then turned to ashes, the blood included, the breeze blowing the cinders away...

Sandford walked over to Kleides. "What was that thing you did? You got through his chest like it was paper!" Then, his ears twitching, he added, "And who the heck are you?"

Kleides landed and folded his wings. "I can tell you everything in due time," the Hollowheart said, walking over to Sigurd. "Your friend is now all right," he told the two. "Her injury was healed and is now in no more danger."

Senervel sighed with relief, and Sandford simply let out a hmph that seemed relieved as well, to a certain extent. "Alright, then. Tell us in due time," Sandford repeated, annoyed that he had to wait.

Senervel walked over to Sigurd, looking at her side carefully. Indeed the wound was gone, there was nothing to fear, thankfully. That Hollowheart sure seemed like an amazing guy...

[Sandford: 38, Sigurd: 15 -- Level Up, Senervel: 114, Herakleides: 5 -- Level Up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next