A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: They Came From Somewhere Else (M:E|Private)

Postby BaalsBaby » 11/11/2017 8:48 AM

Tony snorted. This woman was ridiculous. But fun, she sounded fun. And he was definitely not against drinking. “Why not just have a drinking contest with all of them? Dunno how I’ll stand up to the dwarf but hey,” he laughed, knowing Hawke likely wasn’t fair game as far as drinking alone with her and expecting to get anywhere less chaste than that.

He’d rather not piss off a terrifying spirit boyfriend of vengeance or justice or what have you. No thanks.

He did laugh again though when she mentioned the grenades, having accepted that Ashe was yes, a grown woman and could do as she pleased. It was just… weird watching someone else destroy their life possibly from something they could easily stop. Er. Was supposed to be easy to stop anyway.

Man, was this what it was like for his own group to get him to stop drinking? Maybe he’d reconsider again. “Pfft. Uh. Yeah. I guess? I’m not sure I’d be too thrilled to go outside, personally.”

[94]
ImageImage
Well you can't get what you want,
But you can get me,
So let's set out to sea,
'Cause you are my medicine,
When you're close to me.

When you're close to me

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keystones: 1097
Donate

Postby Kreepy » 11/11/2017 5:05 PM

"Trust me, you won't even need to invite the others. Crack open a cask and they'll be lured in from whatever dark corners they're hiding in." Korinne almost laughed at the mention of the dwarf. So the stereotype carried across worlds, huh. "Varric? Nah he's not even worth being worried about. He's... very undwarfy, by our standards. The whole lacking a beard, lives above ground, actually thinks with his head... very unconventional. He'd rather be an enabler and then write about it later, and I think that's more dangerous, considering how well he's known." She paused and gestured at herself, with her usual level of arrogant flamboyance. "Man, you're looking at the best drinker in this group. I can out drink a pirate queen, an alcoholic elf slave and that walking blonde juggernaut over there. Wouldn't recommend trying to out drink Anders though. Alcohol doesn't do shit on him."

"What are you even talking about?" Ashe was back and Justice wasn't too far behind. The warrior was scowling and had her hands crossed across her chest and Justice simply remained impassive.

The rogue started and tried to shrug it off with a sheepish expression."Us? Well I was telling Space Boy that your bartender doesn't know ale from shit, so we're going to work out where your stash of the good drink is and break in and raid it. And then prove that I can out drink all of you." She confessed, grinning manically. "We're not playing Wicked Grace though. That's the only rule if you want in. I'm not losing my clothes."

Ashe tilted her head and narrowed her eyes, sizing the two up. "... Do I want to break into my own cellar and watch you drink all my Antivan brandy? Huh Hawke, you really do ask the hard questions." She finally broke the scary act with a laugh. Ashe sighed and rolled her eyes. "How about I just... save you the trouble of routinely breaking into every door you can find and just give you it? There's no way you're beating me though. I've been practising with our Qunari."

"Uggggh. Fineeee." Korinne pouted and stuck her tongue out at Ashe, before bouncing off and grabbing Justice's arm, prompting an unimpressed expression from him.

"I hope you realise Hawke's specialty is to talk a lot of shit." Ashe said pointedly to Tony, rolling her eyes. Korinne replied with an unintelligible unhappy noise, but she had her face buried in the mage's feathered robe to deliberately bother the spirit. "You look you're... uh, enjoying yourself here. We might start walking in a sec, if you're up to it."

You thought you had all control
That I would never let you go

But I knew the lines, saw through your lies
Revenge is oh so sweet sometimes
I don't know where to go from here
You never wondered how it feels
When I listen to the voice inside
If I free my mind, let the stars come out

Zoo Pen | Breeders | Journal | Trades

(Ashes - Hellberg & Rich Edward)
Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile
The Saltiest Crocodile

Keystones: 362
Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 11/12/2017 3:14 AM

Man, Hawke was on a roll. "Poor Varric. Isn't that just the tiniest bit racist?" the billionaire snorted before he figured he had been just as bad. Even if... just before this, dwarves had been nothing but fiction. But Korinne was going on about alcohol and Tony was nothing if not interested in the topic at hand. His eyes had trailed back to Ashe and Justice and he laughed while they were still alone.

"That seriously sounds like a guy in our group. Superhuman soldier, he's got a serum in his blood that pretty much negates most effects of alcohol. What a bummer, right? And try outdrinking a god too, a Viking god." Even if they likely didn't know what that was. He was snorting right along when the Inquisitor returned, noting Korinne's guilty reaction and laughing it off. Poor thing. To think she was trying to help too.

"There you are Princess, for a sec I'd thought you'd lost us," he joked though it was mildly obvious that he was looking for any signs of difference in her from the drugs he hadn't seen her take. "Also yes. Please. Drinking games. Definitely a must. Also double yes. Totally ready to get out of here. Somehow."

[95]
ImageImage
But you can get me,
So let's set out to sea,
When you're close to me.

When you're close to me

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Postby Kreepy » 11/13/2017 3:22 AM

"Pffft. Trust me, I can be racist, and that was not it." Korinne replied with a laugh. "Plus he likes the whole 'I'm special and different thing'. In fact, he'd probably do anything to bring attention to himself. You know. Shaves his beard, carries a one-of-a-kind weapon around with him, kinda displays... toooooo much chest hair." Korinne shrugged, not really too keen on delving into the whole racist issue. She had been friends with a Dwarf, a Dalish Elf and an Elven slave so it was something she kinda bumped into often.

Ashe again narrowed her eyes at the pair of them, now that attention had been pulled back to her. "That's alright, even if I did I'd be able hear you two scheming a mile off." Ashe retorted sarcastically. If anything, she seemed a little perked up and a little more happy since she rejoined the group. She may have smelled a little different - something like burnt ozone, but it would have been faint and probably undetectable unless he was closer than what was deemed socially acceptable at the time. If he hadn't noticed a difference with her last night, then he wouldn't have noticed it now. "Ugh, this kind of stuff is mildly traumatic for me, and I come from this place. Can't even begin to imagine what it's like for you, so. My treat. Also you ah, seem like you're getting along well with Hawke now."

"Shh." Korinne perked up hearing a voice, garbled and warped. It seemed close enough to make out words, but the owner hadn't appeared - yet. Soon enough, the behemoth owner of the voice made itself visible. It was a Pride Demon and monstrous in size, complete with deep purple skin, and it's many-eyed face decorated with a crown of horns.

Same one as before, Hawke noted.

As it grew closer, it seemed like it was talking to someone else but the second person wasn't visible. "They're loose. We should have destroyed them when we had the chance. I will not stand idly by...." The monster paused, it's many eyes focusing in on the group. It gave a frustrated growl, pulling it's lips up to bare needle sharp teeth and slammed it's fist against a nearby rock, shaking the ground. "Don't mistake this for weakness human. I will make you wish you had stayed where you belong."

Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile
The Saltiest Crocodile

Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 11/14/2017 12:54 AM

Tony had shrugged and looked completely guilt free when he was accused of getting along with Hawke, "What? She came on a little strong but she mentioned alcohol so. We're cool," and had continued to look over Ashe when they were shushed.

Oh, well. Big demon. No problem right? He imagined Thor lived among things like this, coming from the loud, garrulous tales the Odinson often boasted about over team dinners.

He watched the rock crack and splinter under the fist of the creature and chuckled, thinking back to Hulk too. Man. He almost wished he had brought that along too. "Where we belong? Sorry Sweetcheeks, its still dinner and a date first, you know. Have some standards," he couldn't help but quip. So okay maybe he had a death wish but this wasn't the first time he'd stared down (or up) at some gruesome, snarling beast. Really.

Meanwhile, behind the demon, someone else walked, floating in the air and barely opaque at all. The transparent form hovered, rippling softly and barely noticed. Hmm. It seemed Stark was doing much better here than he had anticipated. Of course, it was a bit archaic here in terms of technology, but the beasts here were ruthless and brutal. He had hoped it would  be enough to destroy the man but then... these idiots had to have found him, didn't they? He could have always tossed Stark into the realm of space he had found, but to allow him around higher technologies he had seen in that universe would possibly be doing Stark a favor.

It was just a pity that this world was not doing its job.

Victor von Doom was not impressed.

[96]
ImageImage
But you can get me,
So let's set out to sea,
When you're close to me.

When you're close to me

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Postby Kreepy » 11/15/2017 1:02 AM

"Hah, your pride. I'm entertained." The brute growled, slowly advancing on the group. "Maybe I will kill you last."

Another monster materialised, this time on one of the rocks higher up. "Vanitas, we are not resorting to such... brutish methods. Just yet." The Pride demon snarled, but... it caught wind of another familiar aura. One it did not want to piss off.

This creature was not as impressively tall as the other one, but still would manage to tower over a 6" human. It was mostly a misshapen mess, it's lower half  a twisting lump of veins and tentacles and it's torso was large and muscular. It's face was obscured by a crown of metal, which seemed to be forcing it's body into a hunchbacked position, and was wearing two immense gauntlets on it's already oversized, clawed hands. It's lower jaw seemed to not exist and it had two glaring white eyes.

"Was... what I gave you not... good enough?" Acedia, the sloth demon, again droned. "You could be happy here. Happier than if you continued living in... that world. I can give you everything you ever wanted."

Justice's face immediately dropped into a scowl. Korinne immediately moved to stand in front of him and held his face in her hands, almost as on instinct. "Hey. Anders if you're in there, we let the baddies talk. Remember? What if they're not working alone? Just try to hold it together." She said, trying to pacify the spirit. Justice might have maybe mumbled something, but it stood down... for now

"Lets... start with... The Hawk." The monster said.

"Oh man, I can't waaaait to see what this demon thinks I need to improve my life. New pair of shoes? Ooh, maybe a fancy hat. Isabela would be jealous." Korinne turned away from Anders and back to the demon. Ashe just groaned and rolled her eyes. "How about socks? I'd love new socks."

"What?" The demon stared at her, mildly confused for a few seconds before continuing. It waved it's claws and five figures appeared in front of the group. A woman, several years younger than Korinne and a man about the same age, an older lady with graying hair, holding the hand of another man of the same age and Anders, lacking the glowing that the current one had. "This is what I could have offered you. And still can. A normal life, a family."

"Pfft. Demon, I've made my peace with that. So your little mind trick doesn't bother me." Korinne replied, clearly something going on underneath but she was managing to act loud enough to hide it. She hadn't even brought herself to look at the man. "You obviously haven't peaked inside my head well enough, because normal doesn't quite suit me. I would have gone with the shoe suggestion, personally."

"We... shall see." Acedia growled, it's patience wearing thin. "Alright. Fine. Lets see what the... Foreigner has to say. My friends... misjudged what you may have wanted so let us try this again." The demon again waved it's claws and summoned some figures into existence. Again, the Captain appeared, and a familiar redhead, a tall imposing blond haired man and the last was a new figure - a man with long black hair, dressed in black, green and gold. "How is this for a better deal?" Acedia asked, turning to Tony.

Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile
The Saltiest Crocodile

Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 11/15/2017 1:11 AM

Hah. Hawke was definitely something. Tony couldn't help but grin at the way the woman spoke back to this new, twisted abomination so easily; she was like the love child of Natasha and himself... Granted he could ever bring himself to get with Natsha. Yeah, never happening.

"You know. This is a little weird when someone in your party actually out-sasses you, I might be out of a job," he chuckled from where he stood... but he could see Korinne was still having problems when the demon summoned figures he didn't recognize. Well, except Anders. Was this what she really wanted or was the demon really off point again? Also? He totally gave her props for getting in the face of an angry spirit of likely immoral justice, that took balls.

Iron Man stiffened though, when the demon's attention crawled to him. A light sweat peppered his skin beneath the armor when the figures appeared. And oh. He suddenly found himself staring at Loki's usual smirk, all-knowing, you know, that kind that got under your skin but turned you on at the same time? Yeah. That kind. Tony swallowed and was glad he was not as transparent beneath his mask, his outer face forever turned in a metallic scowl. "Well, you guys definitely do not disappoint in the whole 'creepy, demonic, eat-your-soul and puke pea soup' area. But sorry. Don't really like solicitors. Also really? Do you guys NOT see how creepy all that is?" he waved in the direction of the faces he missed like hell, "It's gonna have to be a no, Sweetcheeks. But you do get an A for effort, if that matters," he said with a small chuckle, hands raised and ready for the things to start pitching a fit.

[97]
ImageImage
But you can get me,
So let's set out to sea,
When you're close to me.

When you're close to me

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Postby Kreepy » 11/15/2017 1:43 AM

"I do try my hardest. Not everyone appreciates such a fine sense of humour though." Korinne laughed, earning her a reprimanding look from Ashe.

"Fine sense of humour, excuse me? Didn't I hear something about you joking about someone's boneless dead or missing wife flopping through Kirkwall?" Ashe retorted. Right. Getting distracted. She turned back to the front and looked at the assembled group so far, not exactly looking forward to her turn. "I don't think it intends to just... show us our friends and family just for kicks though. There's demons behind those faces, and I think it intends to exploit that."

The demon was still talking to Tony though, it's glowing eyes boring into him. "Hmph. We shall see. Do you so easily forget what you were feeling just before? How... hmm... happy you felt? How... right the world was feeling? Think on it, hmm? It's not so hard to have that back... and more." The demon turned to Ashe and waved it's claws again this time summoning more figures. A blond haired man in plated armour with a mane of fur stood next to a dark-skinned woman in a gold ruffled dress and another woman whose face was obscured by a lavender cowl. Next to her advisors was a familiar dwarf with a crossbow strapped to his back and a man in mage robes sporting an impressive moustache.

"Hey! How come you got Varric and Cullen, and all I got was my dead family and crazy boyfriend! I've known both of them far longer than you have. Can we trade Lady? You can have my brother if you want. I never liked Carver much anyway." Korinne exclaimed indignantly. Ashe almost looked mortified, though Korinne couldn't tell if it was the summoned people or Korinne's careless attitude towards her dead family.

Acedia cast a dark look to Korinne before continuing. "Lady... Trevelyan. Inquisitor... you stand to gain the most. Did you not remember how... happy you felt? With no responsibilities? With... the war over... with your life sorted out. No discontent from your parents. No attempts to marry you off, or threats to swear you to the Chantry. You have your friends, a steady, stable rela-"

"You can stop that sentence right there Demon." Ashe suddenly cut in.

The demon chuckled softly, but seemed to respect her wish. "I can offer more than that though. I offer... protection. Your enemy... Corypheus... is allies with a very... powerful demon. You wonder where your memories went? It... has them. We all fear it. Not even with allies, could you face it." It growled, waving its hand out into the abyss. Hearing mention of her enemy and facts that this demon should not be knowing, her face paled. "Though I do not see why you would place your trust in them, seeing as the very same allies spill your secrets behind your back."

"What?" She turned on heel to stare at Hawke and Tony. The former threw her hands up in surrender, a guilty look on her face. Ashe sighed and placed a hand on her forehead, looking back at the demon. "I-I..." Ashe stammered, looking between her group and her offered reality. There was... definitely something in her head telling her this was right. This is what she wanted.

"20 silvers she caves." Korinne quipped to Tony.

Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile
The Saltiest Crocodile

Donate

Postby BaalsBaby » 11/16/2017 4:32 AM

God, he hated when villains monologued. Granted, it wasn’t as bad as some (*cough*Doom*cough*), but still that damn sloth demon was trying to work his way in and make Tony recall things he’d rather not. Fuck, he was really missing his team. He wasn’t a sentimental guy, hell, he barely gave a crap about sentiment, but then, he was a changed man too. He was so very far from the man he used to be, the one that had signed military contracts without batting an eye and breaking hearts by the dozen.

“Because hanging with your little demon buddies would totally feel so right,” he had to roll his eyes, even if no one else could see.

But then he was offered insight into Ashe’s life too and oh. Did she have a man? It hadn’t seemed so from all the flirting, but then, she hadn’t really fully accepted his advances and… whoops. Awkward. He had to snort though when Hawke put in her two cents, shaking his head. That woman was ridiculous. But what was this about memories being lost? The demon was really in deep with Ashe, poor thing.

“Or,” Tony looked to Hawke before he started to fly again, hovering in the spot, “We keep you from getting those 20 silvers, yeah?” He lifted one hand and fired off a shot, specifically at the sloth demon perched a ways away. “Sorry. I’m kind of a ‘shoot first, ask questions later’ kind of guy when it comes to unholy, shapeshifting soul suckers," he fired again, "Hey Princess, you're not seriously listening to this guy, right?"

[98]
ImageImage
But you can get me,
So let's set out to sea,
When you're close to me.

When you're close to me

BaalsBaby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donate

Postby Kreepy » 11/18/2017 4:45 AM

As to not be outdone by some pretty boy in a tin can, Korinne suddenly sprung into motion, reaching into her belt and throwing a knife up at the demon. However, it simply vanished and reappeared elsewhere. If it could look smug and amused, it certainly did.

"I-I don't..." Ashe replied, her tone a little panicked. "I don't know."

"Space boy, you don't even have coppers, let alone silvers." Korinne rolled her eyes and shook her head. She shook her head sadly and turned to Ashe. "C'mon Lady, we don't have time to sit around and entertain these clowns. We should be getting home, right?" Ohhh Maker, she was going to have to do a lot of damage control later, wasn't she?

"W-what did you say to him?" Ashe replied shakily, eyes again darting between the two members of the party. Suddenly she dropped to her knees and clutched at her head. "Argh, it's in... my head. Whispering things. Showing me things. I can't keep it out."

" Maker's breath, it's just going to completely focus on Lady. Well, he certainly did his research. They do this. I've had a demon turn Varric on me in the Fade once." Korinne scowled, the demon's plan suddenly clicking. They all had a reason to be following Ashe right now. If they left her, they'd be in the middle of an angry group of Inquisition forces.

"Justice, could you maybe, I don't know. Do something?" Korinne called back.

As Justice moved to help the warrior, the Pride demon roared angrily. "That spirit has interfered enough!" Vanitas thundered, moving forward with resounding thuds. "We will kill them here and now. We made a deal to make sure this Foreigner never returns home and your trick didn't work because they brought a spirit. Tear them up so they can't get back." The demon waved the figures that Acedia had summoned forward and roared angrily. "Hold them off."

"Maker. Well, it's just you, me and a whole lot of crazy, Space boy." Korinne laughed, pulling out a small glass sphere and testing it's weight, liquid sloshing up the sides. "C'mon. You've got a damsel in distress to save and I want to just be home in time for dinner. Preferably in one piece."

Kreepy
The Saltiest Crocodile