A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Philosophy in Motion {P} (A Hunter Hunt)

Postby Indigo » 07/07/2009 8:06 PM

A girl of about fifteen leaned against the frozen rocks by the entrance and shivered, pulling her jacket closed. Reddish hair hung down her back, almost long enough to trip on, and her bright purple eyes scanned the landscape. Her long sleeves and jeans hid most of her odd tattoos, but there was one, a bright green Celtic knot, visible on her left cheek.

Midnight Ensemble wasn't used to the cold, spending very little time around it. She desperately wanted to go inside, but she couldn't yet. She was waiting for someone, two someones to be exact. She pulled a small rock out of her pocket and amused herself by tossing it into the air and then catching it. Her pockets were full of such rocks, one from every place she'd visited, which admittedly wasn't many.

The call of some sort of bird echoed over the rocks until it sounded like a huge flock of whatever kind it was. Middy's fingers slipped and she dropped her rock, then chased it as it rolled back down the path. Finally her fingers closed on a rock, which she picked up triumphantly only to see that it wasn't her rock at all. This rock was black and encrusted with ice. She shrugged and tucked it into her pocket, then headed back up to wait for her companions, completely forgetting about the other rock.

{1}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: Philosophy in Motion {P} (A Hunter Hunt)

Postby potterchic » 07/08/2009 1:06 PM

A girl that seemed to be old enough to be on her own walked as quickly as she could up the stone steps to the entrance. She was wearing a pair of blue jeans, a red shirt, and a thin jacket that wasn't even zipped. A small fire floated in front of her, although it may be more useful next to her to keep her warm. Behind her, a blue elven woman tripped along, stumbling over the steps in her high heels. "Why didn't you do what I told you to and put on a pair of sweat pants and a sweater? Then that dress wouldn't be in the way. You'd also need a pair of good shoes, and my feet are about the same size of yours." the girl said, checking how far they were from the entrance. They'd get there soon... She wondered if their companion would already be there.

"Well," the elven woman said, looking quite upset with the girl, "I'm not some hooligan who runs around doing... Boy things like you do! How much longer until we get there?" she said, wondering if she should've climbed the mountain in her yonyuu form, but that, of course, wasn't elegant, so here she was, climbing these steps in a dress and high heels. Hopefully they'd atleast find a Hunter that was DIGNIFIED, if they found one at all.

Arianna looked over at Andramoda, rolling her eyes before looking back up to the icy rocks at the entrance. She noticed a teenager standing near them, seemingly waiting. "We're here!" she yelled up to Midnight Ensamble, picking up her pace and rushing towards the entrance. Andramoda sighed, climbing up the last few steps.

Andramoda seemed to slightly sag, standing near the entrance to the temple. "PLEASE tell me that we don't have to wait out here any longer. I'm not one to complain," Arianna giggled here, "but it's freezing out here and I want to get this over with."

Arianna snuffed out her fire, walking up to the huge wooden doors, looking at the marble and black stone around them. "It's your choice, Middy. Do you want to go in now or later?"
Oh, what a guy, that Gaston!

Avatar from here. Signature picture from here.
potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 150
Donate

Postby Indigo » 07/08/2009 5:03 PM

Middy pulled away from the frozen rocks. She considered, for a moment, saying "Who's Middy? And who are you?" but decided against it. She shrugged. "I think we ought to go in now. It is kind of cold out here..." And I don't want to hear Andramoda complain, she finished in her head. Of course, it wasn't because of the complaining itself that she felt this way, oh no. She just didn't like to see people unhappy, although, judging from Andramoda's appearance, it might be difficult to avoid today.

Possibly she ought to be feeling some kind of anger or even hate toward Indigo for sending her here alone, without anyone she knew. Indigo could have come, at least! But Middy had never been angry in her life. She didn't know how. At the moment the only thing she was feeling was relief that Andramoda and Arianna had arrived, and maybe the slightest annoyance that it was so cold.

She picked up one of the rocks by the doors. This one was bleached white somehow, and it came to a blunt point. She tucked it into her pocket, where it clacked. The tattoo on her cheek swirled into the shape of a door. Middy went up to the doors and pushed lightly on one. It moved slightly.

{2}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 07/09/2009 3:17 PM

Arianna watched Midnight push the door, noticing something moving on her cheek... Okay, that was a bit strange. She watched her hardly move the door open. Andramoda rolled her eyes, throwing a strip of energy towards the door in annoyance. It swung open, and she walked angrily in, wondering why in the world this girl would hardly even try to open it. Oh, great. Arianna thought, wondering what the sky yonyuu would do next if she completely lost her temper. It wouldn't be so good if she ripped out of her body and turned into a mana being on the spot. What a nice way to treat the monks here, that let civilians come all the time. She walked in, trying not to disturb the people praying here. Andramoda somehwo soundlessly glided across the floor, her often tinkling white crystal high heels invisible underneath her deep purple dress. Arianna suspected her of using magic, trying to be polite and not disturb the people here. She looked up to the three statues, wondering who they were of, what they were of. "I think that it's the Hall of the Lost that we need to go to. I don't know for sure. Which way should we go?"

Andramoda looked at the statues, wondering the smae thing. She saw the one with the chalice first. A heavy drinker? She scanned downwards, grimacing at the scorpion. That proved it. Only a drunk would let a scorpion wrap its tail around his foot.

She looked over to the middle one, wondering what the lantern and orb could stand for.

The third she found the most disturbing. It wasn't really the being itself, more of what lay next to it. The being was holding a mask in one hand. Near its feet there lay a creature like a hyena with a... worn out, you could say... muzzle. The thing looked ravaged to her, and she was disgusted. "I really think that we should go down the middle way, it looks the most... Peaceful."

"Which way looks the most disturbing?"

Andramoda looked at her suspicously. "The one with the statue with the... Dog... Thing."

"I don't know about you, but I think that that way is the way to the Hall of the Lost."

Andramoda sighed, wishing that she'd said something else.

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 07/14/2009 5:01 PM

Stepping inside, Middy tilted her head and looked at the hyena thing. It was a little bit disturbing, true, but at the same time it intrigued her. "The Hall of the Lost, huh? If you say so." She started to stride purposefully down the passageway, but stopped and looked back at the statue with the chalice and scorpion.

Why would anyone let a scorpion do that? For that matter, why would the scorpion do it? Middy tried to compose some kind of theory about it. Peace of the mind...no...the drink of...unity...brings the beast to heel...That didn't even make sense.

She looked more closely at the statue with the hyena thing. To her, the hyena looked almost lonely. She went over to it and hesitantly stroked the worn muzzle. She wasn't sure why she did it; it was impulsive. She closed her eyes and imagined the creature moving, brushing against her hand, seeking her touch. Then, realizing she might get in trouble, she quickly ran her hand down the statue's back before turning and heading in the direction of the passageway. She paused once more to wait for Andramoda and Arianna, trying to put the statue out of her mind.

{3}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 07/15/2009 1:21 PM

As they made their way down this broken hall there was a soft, but distinct clicking sound behind them. Rhythmic, like foot steps. Not really a human rhythm, definitely four legged. Panting could be heard, too. Definitely dog like. The panting stopped, momentarily replaced by the sound of what one would assume was a dog licking it's jowls and then the panting again.
Something was following them, be it hunter or something else, something was following them.

(( Whee~ Sorry it's so short. X3;; ))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

Postby potterchic » 07/15/2009 5:28 PM

Arianna caught up with Midnight, walking along side her. Now that they were out of the way of the monks, she could hear Andramoda's heels clacking against the stone. Her gait was strange, was she frightened? Arianna started a fire, letting it float back to where Andramoda should be walking. She realized that the sky yonyuu anthro was standing on one foot, trying to empty something out of her shoe. Her eyes widened as she noticed a heavy panting sound. "Please tell me that's you panting...!" she said, feeling panic stricken.

"I do NOT pant!" Andramoda said disdainfully, slipping her shoe back on and approaching the others. "I don't think that this Hunter is very dignified, it is a Hunter." she said, forming a rod out of energy and shoving it at Midnight. "Be prepared to defend yourself, we don't know what this thing is, so... Better safe than sorry... For all we now, some crazy, rabid pet somehow got into the monastary and followed us here." she said, her hands working in front of her. Arianna just tried to figure out what was following them. It couldn't be a Hunter, could it?

((No big deal, I'm just surprised that you showed up. XD))

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 07/16/2009 2:18 AM

Middy stared at the rod for a moment. "Is this...really...neccessary?" she asked, propping it against the wall. "I mean...It's possible that it could just be a Hunter..." She trailed off, remembering what she'd heard about the more dangerous creatures that roamed the shrine. But even if it wasn't a Hunter, maybe she could still befriend it? She looked back at the statue with the hyena, hard to see now, and back at the rod.

She didn't want to fight anything; Middy was a vehement pacifist, if that was possible. On the other hand, it was obvious that there was a chance of whatever the thing was being dangerous. If it was, it wouldn't really be fighting, would it? Only self-defense, which wasn't the same at all. I should write that down, she thought.

She hesitantly picked up the energy rod, her fingers tingling for a moment. What was the name of that other thing that she'd heard lived here? M something...and the stories she'd been told...

Middy really hoped it wasn't what she thought it was.

{4}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 07/18/2009 12:53 AM

Except, when Middy turned the statue wasn't there anymore, huh... Well that was beyound weird. Nothing behind them...

click click click click click..!
The air nearest the yonyuu grew cold from a small breeze as the clicking went right past her, directly towards Middy.
There was a suddenly, horribly wet drooly warm thing licking at her lower back. Something... giggled? Or, or had it barked? It was all rather unclear. Whatever it was didn't run off, but sat down on the cold stone floor with a sort of metallic clang that was muffled only slightly.
What the heck was behind them?
More giggle-barking and then the eager sound of a wagging tail... or two.

(( La~ la la~ ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 07/18/2009 2:07 AM

Middy slowly turned, seeing no point in delaying the inevitable. And yes, it was a Mekkayena. She remembered the horror stories she'd heard somewhere, and her fingers tightened on the rod...But...

It was kinda cute.

And...it had licked her...and she'd heard its tails wagging...Hmm. Middy set the energy rod aside and hesitantly reached toward the Mekkayena, trying to stay out of biting range. She heard a tremulous voice and realized it was her own. "Nice...doggy?"

Hadn't she read once that dogs could smell fear? She tried to seem more confident. Deciding against moving closer, she whispered conspiratorially, "Do you...want to come with me?" Hopefully it wouldn't attack her, although the thought didn't cross her mind. Only Middy would think a Mekkayena was cute. Probably.

{5}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 07/18/2009 8:15 PM

The mekka sniffed at Midnight's hand. Maybe they could smell fear, or maybe he was just taking in her scent. He tipped his head to one side when she asked, panting stupidly up at. Was he thinking or was he just a little bit-

CHOMP!

He didn't bite hard, but there was an uncomfortable pressure around her wrist as the mekka proceeded to slobber her hand, his tongue licking and slurping while he kept a first grip on her arm.
The dual coloured orbs that were his eyes were shut in pure bliss, his two tails were nothing more then a creaking motion blur.

(( Sorry this is short. He's not tamed though, so you know. ^___^ Also, mekka are adorable. The cutest Wild Pet around. D8 ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 07/19/2009 3:00 PM

Middy blinked and looked down. Oh...kay. Hmm. She didn't want to see what would happen if she tried to get her hand free, so...she was stuck. Note to self: Don't try to pet wild animals. She looked around helplessly.

"Uhh. A little help? Anyone?" She looked at Andramoda, then at Arianna. Then, for no reason she could fathom, she looked back toward the statue. It seemed to have disappeared. She wondered if it was her fault, if maybe she'd done something wrong by touching the hyena...thing...Mekkayenas looked like hyenas...

This was too weird for words. Of course, the mildly creepy ideas she was having now were pretty ridiculous, but at the same time almost believable. It didn't really matter, though, because right now what she wanted to do was convince this Mekkayena to come home with her. He seemed happy, at least.

{6}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 07/30/2009 12:29 PM

"Is this...really...neccessary? I mean...It's possible that it could just be a Hunter..."Arianna shrugged. "Yeah, but a scene like this seems cool, you know. Like if this was a movie."

Anramoda didn't care if this thing was a Hunter or not, it didn't sound very dignified, it sounded more like it wanted to tear her up and have her for dinner, or any other meal. There were three of three of them, three meals. She jumped, feeling something pass by her. She froze as a mekkayena came into sight, licking Midnight Ensemble. "Oh, disgusting!" she said to herself, picking up the energy rod that Middy had set aside.

Arianna watched as the canine seemed to play with her companion. It reminded her of a pitbull she had back in the human world, it was a huge dog, who acted like a baby and thought it was a lapdog... The mekkayena's mouth closed around Midnight's wrist.  "No, bad boy... Err, girl? What is it, anyway? Anyway, no. Don't bite." she said sternly, walking slowly closer and kneeling down next to it, trying to make eye contact without freaking out. Hopefully this didn't just make it hold on tighter...

"That might work, if it's a mindless animal, but I'm not finding out, you can deal with it, I think it's disgusting." Andramoda said, thinking of all of the drool that leaked out of the thing's mouth.

(Finally got to posting. Sorry 'bout that.))

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 08/05/2009 4:58 AM

The mekka continued to hold fast to his prey/new masters wrist as he/she/it stood and started to walk backwards down this hall of Basantha. It's tails continued to wag a mile a minute and it didn't seem to have any problem walking forwards or backwards. Seemed that the creature wanted to explore and it didn't want to do it alone.
But it was attached to this new person... Well, emotionally (or by a program? Possibility.) and physically via jaw-to-wrist contact. Maybe it would let go if you followed it. Maybe.

((Sorry for the short post. Passing this mekka onto Indigo and pulling out. Enjoy. Sorry for the wait! ))

Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby potterchic » 09/16/2009 7:54 PM

Arianna realized that she didn't know where Middy and the mekkayena were anymore after she had looked in the other direction. "I say we go home. This place is disgusting." said Andramoda.

"Fine. But you really need to get out more often. How about I send you to Aldrect, Medicai, Lamenolai, or Nu'san after we get home?"

The anthro yonyuu nodded, "Those places sound civilized enough. We'll see, if I go with a civilized traveling companion ot match, maybe."

((Arianna and Andramoda have left.))

potterchic
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate