A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Searching for Purpose Hunter/Mekkayena Hunt {p}

Postby BasilFox » 07/08/2009 11:35 AM

ImageImage

Two creatures, two very different creatures entered the supposedly, not-so-empty halls of the Basantha Shrine. Anyone who knew the two (unlikely) would know that not only was the species pairing a little odd, but also the personalities. Skadi was a chatty Winter Kitrell...Practically the embodiment of happiness. Rio Sangria was a Slaughter Dalma...silent...and as for the rest...Well that was fairly obvious.

The kitrell twirled around in the air, snow falling to the already cold Shrine floor. By the time she left, it would look like a blizzard hit. "Do you think we'll find a Mekkayena? Do ya? Do ya?" She cheerfully asked the dalma. Maybe he'd have a comment like most of the pets, on how Basil was a loon when it came to the robotic hounds.

It only shrugged, its expression the same desolate and sorrowful one as always.

"What about a Hunter? I mean, I still haven't decided on what I should give up. Art? Music? Love?"

The slaughter dalma only looked at her, though its expression now seemed to say, 'How about talking?'.

"Rio, you're just no fun. I bet even a Mekkayena would be a better conversationalist than you. Isn't that a great word? Conversationalist. It just rolls off the tongue. Say it! It's divine."

The dalma cocked its head and shook it. It seemed to have taken to heart the phrase 'Silence is Golden'. Maybe he was the one that needed a life-long companion like a Hunter. Although...What he'd give up...Just...What would he? He didn't talk...At least no one back at Clandestine Fates Ranch had ever heard him talk...So if he had a singing voice, they'd never know. So obviously talking and singing were out of the question. Friends? Again. He didn't talk, and thus...did not have friends.

Skadi landed with a thump on the dalma's back, much to its dismay. "What if the Hunter turns its eyes on you? What can you give up? Maybe...Maybe you could give up your music for it. I heard you playing on that special piano of Basil's and you're really good. Maybe your passion would be enough."

Rio growled softly. The Hunter would have to be the one to convince him to take it with them if it chose Rio...And wanted him to stop playing music, his passion. It was just an ice cat. Besides, it would be just another creature that would talk to him and not with him...Which was a life that was pretty lousy on both ends. Rio wouldn't keep up a conversation, and The Hunter would probably jaw his ears off, just like every other creature on the ranch. Even Basil and Coryn talked to him too much! Maybe that's why he didn't talk. Perhaps he was afraid that if he did, people would only talk even more to him.

The pair entered a big hall. Statues could be seen in the dark, but just barely, lit by fading torches. How the torches had got lit was anyone's guess. Maybe a careless traveler. Rio walked over to one of them. It seemed to be two mekkayenas guarding some person. He lifted a paw to tap the left one's nose. Skadi flicked her ears.

She thought she heard him say something....Something along the lines of 'Huh. Just like me. They don't talk.' Skadi shrugged and decided that all she had heard was the wind outside...Though how the sound of the wind had reached them...well she didn't know.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
The sound of my voice rips through me.
They scream.
The sound of my laughter stabs them.
He cowers.
The sound of his breathing betrays him.
I smile.
Only the sound of my music remains."
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 16
Donate

Re: Searching for Purpose Hunter/Mekkayena Hunt {p}

Postby BasilFox » 07/27/2009 10:53 AM

Rio's ears twitched. There were others in the Shrine? His shoulders sagged and his face gained a sort of perturbed expression. Familiar others. The dalma sighed as he recognized Basil and Chigaru Sadiki.

The winter kitrell had other ideas on how 'friends' should be greeted. She flew right into Basil's arms like a cold canonball. The dragon anthro laughed as Skadi greeted her in her hyper fashion. "And who are they?" the little creature asked in an excited voice. She flew over to land in front of the rexxel and slynx. "HI! My name's Skadi, what's yours? Will you be traveling with us? Why do you glow like that? How come you're all angry? Huh? Huh?"

The slaughter dalma hung back, sighing. Skadi was going to get her nose bit off.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 08/04/2009 11:46 AM

"Oh, those are nice names! I'm Skadi, and The Dalma over there is Rio. He doesn't talk much, but that's okay. Basil says I talk enough for both of us? Isn't that funny? You can't talk for someone else, can you?"

Basil rolled her eyes. She was missing Flynn already. The dragon anthro went over to Rio and patted him on the head. The dalma's ears drooped and he looked up at her with a very solemn expression. Clearly the kitrell had been tweaking his last nerve.
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby BasilFox » 08/13/2009 8:57 AM

"Yes...It's very interesting. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure where it's telling us to go. I mean, it got us to Basantha Shrines...But from there I'm not sure. Perhaps we need to find something in here."

Basil cocked her head at Rio, thinking. She sighed. The plead was clear in his eyes. "You got her here fine enough. I suppose I can't really keep you here against your will. Meet up with us later, though."

"So what now?"

"Well, I suppose we should just push forward for a bit, see if anything jumps out at us as part of the prophecy. Secret tunnels...light switches..." At the last part she giggled. They hadn't been expecting something so mundane back at the Craiss Caverns.

ooc: I have to pull Rio out for a little bit~ D8>
ImageImage

"I cringe.
They scream.
He cowers.
I smile.
BasilFox
Master Pet Trainer