A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Getting closer(Hunter search)

Postby jazzylily » 10/18/2007 12:13 AM

Narsis

(I am indeed in search of a hunter but I also have a character building story line going on so it will take me a bit before I reach the actual searching part :) )

Snow. That was all that could be seen for miles around. That was all Narsis had seen for the past hour. Her mission to the temple was not to be surronded by the freezing white powder she so very much detested. No. She had definately not come to Basantha Shrine for that.
Shaking off a bit, the draculi crouched down readying herself for another energy consuming leap. Taking in a deep breath, Narsis launched herself out of the snow landing a couple feet farther than she had been. Groaning she sat down, trying to regain a bit of energy before repeating the process.
She had been at jumping for the past two hours now and was rather unhappy that she had made so little progress.
"This is really not worth this!" She screamed at the sky. Dropping her head, Narsis tried to fend off the oncoming tears that threatened to run from her eyes.
Coming back to this place was the last thing she wanted to do, especially since Basantha was where it all happened.
Breathing heavily the Draculi tried to give herself the strength she needed to go on.
"This is for Jazzy." She spoke out loud once again. Closing her eyes for a second time in the past minute or so she thought back to the reason she was here in the first place.

(6)
<center>ImageImage</center></center>
<center>Sometimes I’m good but when I'm bad</center>
<center>I'm even better</center>
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 775
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 10/18/2007 12:31 AM

*Flashback*

"We're all going to be leaving very soon." Spartican, Narsis's boyfriend said softly, his eyes cast to the floor.
"Oh." She answered back, the word spilling from her mouth like acid, harsh and unforgiving.
"I'll...I'll miss you." Spartican stammered, trying to keep the tears from flowing out of his eyes and down his cheeks.
Narsis stayed silent. She was angry Spartican was leaving for the war. She knew it was because she had a controlling nature, one she needed to learn to keep at bay and she knew it was also because she...loved him, something she had never said due to fear, but felt deep down inside.
Looking back up at Narsis one more time, Spartican took in the image of her rigid posture, cold and hard as stone. It was a look he had grown to like, even love.
"I'll be back, I promise." And with that the temple draculi turned and left the room.
Shaking a bit, Narsis tried to calm her breathing. She couldn't believe he was actually gone. What scared he more was that she had let her stubborness get in the way of saying goodbye. She felt like dashing from the room and screaming for him to stop, let her go with him, she loved him, they could fight side by side. Her feet were heavy though and her mind a complex and chaotic maze that never allowed her to throw inhibition to the wind. So she sobbed, alone in their room, which was now her room singularly for he was gone.

Knock*knock

The draculi spun her head around.
"Yes?" She said, her voice hopeful for a second chance.
"Hey." The distinguishable voice of her owner, Jazzy pierced the air.
"Oh, hi." Narsis responded, clearing her voice of her dispair.
"Are you ok?" The girl asked, observing her companion.
"Yes, I'm fine. Is there something you need." Narsis was one to always get to the point.
"Actually, yes..."
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 10/18/2007 12:42 AM

*Present*

Opening her eyes again, Narsis took another quick look around the surronding area.
"Darn!" She growled when the temple did not magically appear in the near distance.
How was she to ever actually reach her destination when it seemed to be unreachable?
"Like this I suppose." She said answering her own question.
Breath deep. Crouch. Spring. Land
It was almost a bit rhythmic, her way of getting from point A to be point B.
The little ryhme seemed to clear her head, making it easier for her to focus on things other than her current situation.
Sighing the draculi began to concentrate on what Jazzy had talked to her about.
'What exactly was it again.' She pondered as she soared through the air.
'Oh...right...' She said upon remembering...
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 10/18/2007 12:57 AM

*Flashback*

"Basantha?" Narsis said a bit shocked when the words came out of Jazzy's mouth.
"Yes, your the only one here that knows the way." The girl replied, making sure to be careful with her words. She knew the place held painful memories for her companion, In fact she wished she didn't have to send her, but there was no other choice. Narsis was the only one that might be able to do what she was about to ask her.
"But...why?" The draculi turned her head, trying to hide the look on her face.
"Its a bit hard to explain and I don't have much time but...there may be someone there that needs your help." The girl said solemly.
"My help...?" The draculi sputtered. 'I myself need help! How on earth does Jazzy expect me to help someone else.' She cried out in her head.
"Theres a race there called the hunter." Jazzy paused. "They...well...I don't know quite how to explain this other than they are stuck there, at basantha, prisoners...more-or-less. They need help and I think you might be the right person to do so." The girl finished, a look of deep concern on her face.
"But I don't understand...why have you chosen me?"
"Because you of all people know best what its like to be a captive, held against your will, despite what your heart wants..."
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jazzylily » 10/18/2007 1:15 AM

*Present*

Narsis stopped at a dead halt. Time had evaded her. How long had she been jumping?
Lifting her head from the tiny hole she had created in the snow her heart stopped.
'Has it really been three years...' Her voice echoed through her mind, sounding very foreign and strange.
Like a bad omen the winding path of stone stairs lay straight in front of her with various stone masses lining them to make the appearance even more eerie.
Never in a million years had Narsis thought she would be climbing the stairs again. Her mind unconsciously must have though for it remembered the counting game she had created the years prior to her departure of the painful place.
'One. Two. Three. Four. Up the stairs and to the door.
Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Eyes forward and head straight
Nine. Ten. Eleven. Twelve. Why they stare do not delve
One. Two. Three. Four. Up the stairs and to the door
<center>
Image</center>
jazzylily
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items