A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Studying the Symbols (Private!!)[Finished]

Postby Kittyms » 10/18/2007 6:15 PM

A Temple Gyrraptor stood in the Halls of Amnesty, his gaze fixed on a few weird symbols on the walls. Slowly, he traced them with one claw, wondering what their purpose was. It was his life's destiny to determine the meaning of such symbols, he thought. Already he was a master at several ancient languages, but still had not managed to interpret the symbols on his own scales, or those of the Shrine. Which was why he had come here. To study them or stare at them until they made sense. What made it so hard for Jirard was that they were quite different from any other hieroglyphics of any other language. But they too had a meaning, he was sure of it. And if he found it, it would be the biggest discovery in all of the world. Not to mention the end of his life's work, and freedom for him to do whatever he wanted. It was lonely work, though. No one understood his obsession.

I just wish someone could understand me, he thought-spoke sadly, forgetting that others could hear him.

[Jirard: 1 -- +2 to Exploration -- just for reference]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby soccrmep » 10/18/2007 7:11 PM

A Arkuhna sat in in the Halls of Amnesty studying the symbols on the walls. He seemed to be in a trance, Hiro began traced that one symbol with his nose. The one way her could determine what it actually meant. Hiro traced it again and again, he couldn't figure out what the symbol meant. His lifelong dream was to find out what all the symbols in the world meant. Hiro had an obsession over these symbols. To memorize the symbols he would paint them over and over again.   He had an obession and everyone thought that he was weird, and he didn't care.

Tracing the symbol with his nose for the last time. Oh yes it means friendship he thought to himself. NO friendship is right around the corner. He then took out his paint brush and paint out and began to paint the symbol.
soccrmep
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 130
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/18/2007 7:30 PM

Slowly, Jirard became aware of someone else studying the symbols. An Arkuhna. It appeared to be painting the symbols over and over. How strange. "Excuse me.. but I must ask.. what exactly are you doing?" He stepped over toward the strange Kuhna, hoping to see what it was doing with the symbols. A part of him wondered if he was like him - always staring at symbols, carving them, painting them, sketching them, trying to discover their meaning.

[Jirard: 2]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby soccrmep » 10/18/2007 8:28 PM

Hiro looked at the huge Gyrraptor. "What do you want! I was obviously painting a symbol!" Hiro said in a annoyed tone. Stupid animals! he thought to himself. The Gyrraptor had just interrupted his painting of the friendship symbol. He studied the markings on the Gyrraptor's coat. interesting. he thought to himself. I don't know what any of them mean Hiro then sat down and began to study the symbol on the chest of the Gyrraptor.

[Hiro-2]
soccrmep
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/19/2007 5:39 PM

Noticing that the Kuhna was staring at his chest, he looked down. Perhaps it was staring at the symbol on his chest? He himself had often pondered its meaning, and why the Temple Pets were born with these signs on them. Looking back at the weird Kuhna, he asked, "What is your name? And why were you painting a symbol? I'm Jirard, and I'm here to study the meanings of these symbols. To crack the code, so to speak."

[Jirard: 3]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby soccrmep » 10/19/2007 6:15 PM

Hiro snorted. "My name is Hiro and I also am hear to study symbols and learn about them. I paint symbols so that I can memorize the meaning and how it looks." Hiro then thought he should be nice to the creature named Jirard "How many of these symbols have you found the meaning of?" He asked pointing a claw at the many symbols on the wall and then on his coat. "What about those ? Those are very different from the many symbols I have seen."

Hiro noticed that he actually enjoyed talking to someone about his so called obsession. What a pleasant surprise he thought to himself.
[Hiro-3]
soccrmep
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/19/2007 6:27 PM

"Actually.. none," the Gyrraptor confessed. "That's why I asked you. I was wondering if you might know any more about them than I do. I'm an expert on several ancient languages, but this language, or whatever it is, eludes me." This Arkuhna wasn't as freakish as he had seemed at first, Jirard thought.

[Jirard: 4]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby soccrmep » 10/20/2007 4:30 PM

Hiro sighed looking at the symbol on the canvas that he had just painted. "I know the meaning of only a few symbols. But it is my life long dream to figure out what all of these symbols mean" Hiro said sitting down. " But there are so many of them and I'm just a little Akuhna, the only reason that I could get here was because my owner Meggie drove me. If they are all over the world then how would I get there?" He said with a downcast expression. "What other languages do you know" Hiro asked Jirard trying to keep the depressing thoughts from overwhelming him.
[Hiro-4]
soccrmep
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/20/2007 6:25 PM

"Hmm.. I haven't really seen these signs anywhere else, other than on myself and in this Shrine," the Temple Gyrraptor said. "I am rather fluent in several obscure Evelonian languages, or at least at interpreting their writing. Here, allow me to show you." Jirard crouched down and began tracing some hieroglyphics in the dust on the tile floor. "This is from a cave near Lamenolai," he said, pointing to a spiral design he had made. "It means friendship."

[Jirard: 5 -- level up]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby soccrmep » 10/20/2007 7:09 PM

"Interesting, this symbol here just about means friendship too." Hiro said pointing to the symbol on the canvas with his claw. "This is interesting the two seem similar" he said tracing the symbol Jirard drew. "See how the two can overlap and have very few differences. " Hiro said sitting back on his haunches. "How did you learn these different languages? Maybe, some of the hieroglyphics you learned originated from these symbols."
[Hiro-5 Level up]
soccrmep
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/20/2007 9:22 PM

"Hmm, perhaps they are related," Jirard said. "As for my earlier techniques in learning the meanings of those symbols, I merely used several notes of earlier scientific minds. Then, through observation and much persistent studying, I eventually figured out what they meant. But this could be a huge breakthrough if there are such great similarities."

[Jirard: 6]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby soccrmep » 10/25/2007 8:24 PM

"Hmmmm that is interesting!" Hiro whispered.  "Where have you traveled to?" Hiro found Jirad very interesting. "Maybe we could go and explore the Shrine a little more to find more symbols. Is that ok?" Usually Hiro didn't care about anyone's feelings but he just felt that he and Jirad had so much in common.
[Hiro-6]
soccrmep
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/25/2007 8:42 PM

"Yes, that sounds like a great idea," Jirard said,  straightening up. "I've pretty much already surveyed this whole hall. Wanna go over to the Halls of the Lost? I've heard there's some more interesting pictographs over there."

[Jirard: 7]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby soccrmep » 10/30/2007 11:17 AM

"that sounds like fun." Hiro replied to Jiraid. He stood up and stretched, he then began to clean up his painting and his tools. He put the canvas into a bag and shoved the tool alongside the canvas. Hiro put a strap in his mouth and tried to drag it to where he thought the Hall of the Lost would be.
[Hiro 7}
soccrmep
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 10/30/2007 7:41 PM

The Temple Gyrraptor padded after Hiro, his keen eyes scanning the walls for any sign of the pictographs. "This looks like a good place," he said, pointing one claw to a section of the wall further down the Hall that was covered in all sorts of strange symbols. Walking over to it, Jirard pulled out his notebook and began to sketch a clumsy picture of one of them - a square-ish symbol with lines radiating outward from it.

[Jirard: 8]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next