A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Be vewy vewy quite, I'm huntin hunters! (Private)

Postby Icey » 07/31/2009 2:22 AM

Izunagi walked into the temple, ears twitching. "Hello?" He called into the dark temple. Ok.. so.. This was interesting. He sat down and took a drink out of his bottle or water, it was hot outside today. He sat back on a rock, waiting for his exploration partner to show up. "ARIIIIITTTOOOOO!" He called, fussing over the boredom. He kicked and stretched his legs out. Being still was so boring. He sighed and relaxed, pulling down his 'explorers' shirt and sighing. "Here~ hunterhunterhunter~!" A futile attempt, yes, but it was still an attempt.

The special Albie, today, was in full clothing, which was somewhat odd. He wore a wifebeater shirt (in black) And his standard black pants. Nothing too special, just a shirt that was normally not seen on the goat like creature..Even if some would argue he was much more like a canine.
[Why do we die?] (So you can live!)
[Why do we strive?]
(So you can win! But why did you defy every truthful word I recommend?)
[My question back, why do you recommend an ode temptation]

ImageImage
(So I can test your patience and tolerance in the face of sin)
[But why attest when you hold all the answers to the state we in?
(For you to bear witness of imperfections of mortal men)
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 66
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/31/2009 2:28 AM

Hot outside...? Okay. Well, maybe it was hot for this place at least. The sun was out, and there wasn't any fresh snow falling currently. But still... Basantha Shrine was high in the mountains, so it wasn't exactly like it was 'hot'. Just a bit.. warmer than usual. Arito had on a pair of baggy white jeans with a white long sleeve t-shirt. There was a light gray scarf wrapped loosely around his neck. Were he in his Lucain form he'd be fine with the weather. As a human though... to him at least, it felt a tad bit chilly.

His eyes slid over to look at Izunagi, chuckling and shaking his head. "First off, you're not going to find one outside. Only ones that have already bonded to someone can come outside of the shrine walls." He stuffed his hands in his pockets, slouching slightly. "Second... I don't think you should try to find one by yelling your head off like that. You might just scare anything off that comes near us."

The human form Lucain started to move toward the shrine doors. Maybe, he hoped, it'd be a bit warmmer in there.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: Be vewy vewy quite, I'm huntin hunters! (Private)

Postby Icey » 07/31/2009 2:30 AM

Izu got up, hugging Arito happilly. "I figured I'd let them know we were here!" He said, smiling widly. His tail wagged, slowly, but wagging. "We're gonna go in there and thier gonna jump at us and we'll.. I haven't thought that far." Izunagi said, giving a small chuckle. "It's something to do..?" He offered, shrugging and taking another drink of water. "You want some?" He asked, smiling. The ex-prostitute had taken quite a liking to his companion, so it seemed fitting to do something that was not icecream related.. though, snowcones were very good. "It might inspire a story, yeah?"  

He glanced over to the entrance to the shrine. "Maybe we should turn back.." He said, laughing nervously. "Hunters need something, don't they?" He half asked, wondering what a hunter could want. "Isn't it... like.. a sense? Or something?" He asked, looking somewhat unsure.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
(And a blessing Journey back to where you been 'Cause before the tree can flourish seeds must first be planted in)
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/31/2009 2:32 AM

Well, he highly doubted that a Hunter was going to just jump out at them the moment they walked in to the shrine. Maybe one of those Mekkayena things, but the Hunters weren't violent from what he had heard. Izunagi was right though... At least they were getting out of the house and doing something. He had had a terrible case of writer's block lately, and it seemed like he just wouldn't be able to get rid of it.

"Ah... No thanks. It's a tad bit too chilly out for me to drink water." He stopped walking toward the shrine when Izu started talking about heading back home. "Hey. You're the one that decided we should come out here. We're not running back home already. I didn't come all the way out here for nothing. Even if we don't leave with a Hunter, we're at least checking this place out."

He opened the door to the shrine and held it for Izu. "Come on."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/31/2009 2:33 AM

Izu bit his lip, feeling nervous. "I have a bad feeling.. but ok." He said, trying to perk himself up. He followed Arito, blinking a few times to adjust to the change in light. He capped his bottle and put it in his bag. His fingers rubbed his ring lightly, trying to convince himself that he was just paranoid. He thought of Arito and him, fighting dangerous  
battles and doing all sorts of fun things, and it did cheer him up.

"Where should we start?" He asked, tail starting to wag once more. It was fun to do something together. "Maybe it'll help your writers block.." he mused, green eyes flickering around the dark. It was better in here, temprature wise, anyways. "Hey, doesn't.. oh.. I've seen him.. A Kuhna back where I used to live talked about him.. It's a strange Kuhna that lives near here." Izu said, trying to put the mental puzzle together. "I don't know..Maybe we'll run into him." Izunagi said, trying to imagen what sort of creature would live in this place, all alone with those beasties... Then his mind drifted elsewhere. "Wouldn't be /so/ bad.." He muttered, looking at Arito again. "Do you suppose the Hunters live together, or alone?"
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/31/2009 2:34 AM

Yeah... Seemed to be a tad bit warmer in here. He didn't need his scarf in here at least, but he figured he'd keep it on so that he didn't end up having to carry it around later. "I suppose you'll just start walking around. I've never been here before... So I wouldn't know where to look myself. I just know what I've read about the shrine." Things were so.. gloomy and dark that he almost thought it'd make a good setting for some forbidden couple to meet up at in some romance novel.

"I imagine that some Hunters live together, but I doubt they all do. They're similar to lions, so they would be 'pride' oriented I suppose. But I doubt a whole pride of Hunters would come and pay us a visit." He stopped in the middle of the front room, looking at the three statues that stood above each of the three hallways. "I've heard of people giving up other things than senses by the way...... Memories, their voice... I think so long as it's something that will affect your life, it'll work."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/31/2009 2:35 AM

Izunagi tore his eyes from thier place. "Mem..ories?" He said, more to himself, gazing off into the distance. Memories.. He had a few he'd like to forget. Maybe that would work on more than one level. He smiled lightly, looking around the large room. "What would you give, Arito?" He asked, trying to distract his own mind from the crippling affect it still had on him to this day. Sure, he loved Arito, but as most say, pain lingers where joy has slipped away. His legs shook lightly, but he forced himself to be still.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/31/2009 2:38 AM

What would he give...? That... was an odd question. He could care less about taking some crystal beast home with him. Because of this, he hadn't bothered to think of anything he'd be willing to give up. "Eh... I don't know. I guess I'd give up my animal form maybe. I don't have too much use for it since I can't write in that form anyways."

He had started to walk toward the middle hall, but he stopped to look back at Izu. "A map...? I don't think we'll really need one. From what I've heard this place has a pretty simple set-up. Just three rooms that these halls lead to. Go ahead and make one if you want though."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/31/2009 2:38 AM

Izu blinked and shrugged. "I like your animal form." He said, putting his supplie away. He followed Arito closely, still dealing with his bad feeling. "Got any ideas yet?" He asked, distracting his mind. His green eyes flicked from item to item, unsure what to make of them. It didn't look like anything special... What had happened to make the Hunters stay here?

Izunagi's thoughts were distracted when a rat ran past his feet. "Ew.." He said, following the rats path into a pile of rubble. "Lets hope thats the worse thing we ran into.."
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/31/2009 2:41 AM

"Not a single clue. But if we check each of the three rooms.... surely we'll run in to something? Even if it's not a Hunter. There are other things that live in this place after all." Other things... that could choose to attack them if they pleased. That was possibly the one thing that he hated about being here. He'd prefer to be hunting for something in a place that nothing would tear in to his flesh for no reason.

"Come on. Let's get going..." Stepping forward, Arito walked in to the middle hall way. It was a bit dark, so he placed his hand along the wall to keep from tripping. Didn't seem like this was just some short hallway that led right in to the next room either. They had quite a bit of walking to do before they'd be getting anywhere.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/31/2009 2:42 AM

Izunagi tripped over a rock, crashing to the floor. "Ow..." He grumbled, jumping as a few hings fell out of his bag. "Crap... " He said, standing up. He sighed, not being able to spot any of his supplies. He followed Arito's example by following the wall. This was slightly unnerving.

Izunagi couldn't help but let his imagenation wander, and he soon found himself in fear of being atttacked from th shadows. He let out a soft whine.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/31/2009 2:43 AM

Upon hearing Izunagi fall to the floor, Arito paused and turned around. "Hang on. Just stay where you are." While he couldn't see amazingly well, Arito could at least see a bit in the darkness. Kneeling down, he began to slowly gather the belongings that the Albie in human form had dropped. Once back on his feet, he moved to Izu's side. "Want me to carry your bag?" He'd probably end up putting his scarf in the bag as well. Now that they were inside it seemed to be getting a tad warm with it on.

"Did you get hurt...?" Having heard the wince, the male Lucain wasn't sure if Izunagi had gotten hurt from the fall or something.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/31/2009 2:44 AM

"I think I'm ok... My wrist hurts a bit, I think I cut my palm.. but nothing major.." He said, removing the bag from his shoulders for a moment. "I can carry it.. It just puts me a little off balance." He said, rubbing his wrist lightly. He slid his fingers across his palm, the sticky fluid confirming he had cut it on something.

"It feels small.." He said softly. He gave a small hiss, his palm stinging from whatever was on his other hand, probably sweat or salt, or something that stung.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/31/2009 7:46 PM

Despite what Izunagi said, when he took the bag from his shoulder, Arito took it and slung it over his own. "You should be more careful. If you had gotten a larger wound there wouldn't be anything we could do for it. Nothing that would matter at least. Unless you brought bandages with you?" He was already moving again, hand lightly pressed against the wall, which seemed to be getting more jagged.

"Careful about touching the wall. Don't use your hurt hand." With the walls being like this, Arito knew that it only took one rough spot on the wall catching Izu's wound to open it back up real quickly.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Icey » 07/31/2009 10:15 PM

Izunagi nodded. "I brought some stuff.." He said, switching hands to lightly trace the contours of the wall. He held his injured hand clenched, hoping it'd also hold the wound shut.  His eyes started to adjust, slowly, and he was able to see somewhat.  Enough to avoid the occasional rock that he would normally trip over. Izunagi turned his attention to the man infront of him, playing a little catch up to keep pace.
[Why do we strive?]

ImageImage
[So it's a lesson?]
Icey
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next