A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

All We Know Is Distance... [P]

Postby Fallen_Snow » 09/03/2009 10:04 PM

Oh dear you look so lost, eyes are red and tears are shed,
This world you must've crossed- you said
You don't know me, you don't even care, oh yeah,
He said: you don't know me, and you don't wear my chains...

It was quiet, away from people, and most of all, away from thoughts of his amazingly talented sister. So she can lift a fork mentally. Big deal.He was normal. He was older. He knew things that Elli wouldn't even think to ask about. He knew what kind of person his mother was. And it wasn't kindhearted and sweet. Lying, conniving, promiscuous... he didn't dare go on.
He still loved her of course, it was just hard to see her as his mom when she didn't pay attention to him. His meeting a new friend was pushed aside for Elli's lifting of a plate with her mind.
His learning a new song to sing was ignored when Elli showed herself as more powerful by showing their mother that she could prepare meals without lifting a finger.
Tears slid down his cheeks, hot against his face in the cold Re'gan Mountains. He wasn't far from the house, rather he was in his Secret Place, where he spent his time to himself, thinking and wondering and dreaming and ranting quietly within the sanctum of his own head. It was a lot, but the cold snow and quiet tree shaded glade with flowers and plenty of soft, mossy rocks to sit on, it was calm. It was free. It was his. And no one else's.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Re: All We Know Is Distance... [P]

Postby Fallen_Snow » 09/27/2009 8:32 AM

Sadly, Lucky knew that his calm would not last.

"Alright, we have to find him, Ma. If we don't... well, I don't think it'd be very good." Elli's voice came to him from a little far back. He started, his heart pounding. They were so close! He would have to hide. This was something he was good at. Grabbing a good sized rock, he used his other hand to grab a low branch on the tree above him and heave himself up into the pine tree.

Meanwhile, Elli would not give up on searching for her brother. "He's here- I know it. I can feel his presence." she muttered, her hands drifting over the surface of a large boulder. Without knowing it, they had broken into Lucky's inner sanctum.

Flurrena rolled her eyes. "My lovely daughter, why don't you just summon your brother using telekinesis? You have done it with objects larger and heavier than him." she cooed, watching her daughter. Elli could never get used to how her mother stared at herself and her brother, when he was around. Because Lord Baal's blood flowed through her veins, her mother became obsessed with this fact. She was obsessed with Lord Baal, really. It was creepy.

Flurrena sighed in frustration. "I've told you before, Ma, it doesn't work that way. I can only summon objects- I don't have enough will power to summon people. It's different from calling on things that don't have a life to lead. I've been practicing on plants, but they don't think much, so it's pretty easy. I'd like to practice on people..." she trailed off. She didn't want to admit to her mother she was afraid of taking control of someone like that. It wasn't her.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 09/30/2009 8:33 PM

Lucky scowled down at his beloved sister and hated mother. If they hadn't decided to hold back the information of who his father was, maybe he would forgive them. Maybe.

Or maybe he would be like this anyways. He couldn't know- he supposed it all depended on who his father was.

Flurrena looked worried, her head swinging back and forth, her nose twitching at at the slightest scent. Unlike her daughter, she preferred her Lucain form and trotted in circles within it now. "I wish your father was here, he would know what to do!" she said frantically, looking fearful. Lucky's human-ish ears perked. Father?

"Yeah, he would help." Elli scoffed sarcastically. From what she knew of her 'father', she wasn't too sure. She hated the pedestal that her mother put the famed Lord Baal on. It was kind of disturbing.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/30/2009 9:45 PM

Lucky watched with mounting jealousy. Again, talk of his father! He gripped the rock tightly. All he wanted was to break the rock, crush it to pieces. He couldn't think of hurting his family. They were all he had, no matter how much he hated that they kept so many secrets from him. It was natural to be angry, he told himself, but not natural to want to kill your own mother and sister. His grip on the rock loosened, and suddenly it slipped from his grasp.

He froze as the rock clinked down the thick branches and landed, thankfully, on the other side of the tree with a splash of pine needles as it settled. His sister perked up, looking around suspiciously. Their mother didn't notice.

CRAP. Dosomethingdosomethingdosomething! Anything! AGH.

He decided to jump to the next tree over. That is, until his sister looked up. The flash of his purple shirt was all she needed. "Lucky!"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/30/2009 9:49 PM

Elli's ears were always straining for sound when it came to trying to find her brother. He was a master at disappearing, and she hated it with a passion- he would always be gone when she would try to talk to him, try to work it out. Make their relationship better for the both of them.

Her brother was persistent with disappearing though. He would always be gone as soon as she turned around, as soon as she talked about something he couldn't stand. It was like disappearing was he way of dealing. But hiding from his problems wouldn't make them go away. The 'if you can't see me, I can't see you' rule doesn't work here. She fretted about him all the time, and she wished her mother thought more of him rather than her one-time mate. She was over the moon about the meeting and would not give up until she got a second one. And then she'd want more of him. All she thinks about, all she talks about-

Clack.

Elli looked around, twisting her head quickly, her eyes straining for that flash of purple, that streak of indigo...

She looked up at a small crunch. The smudge of mauve at the top of the tree made her call out. "Lucky!"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 11/03/2009 12:14 PM

He didn't stop when he heard his name. Instead, he rushed forward, leaping through the trees, holding onto the trunks and making his palms raw against the rough bark. Tears streamed down his face as he tried to put distance between himself and his family, the only real family he had...

A sob racked his body, but he kept moving. The pain his family caused was so much worse than the pain in his palms.

---

"Lucky." said Elli, her voice barely a whisper. Forgetting her mother, she chased after her brother, calling for him. She was so angry, so upset- this was all her mother's fault! And Lucky's, to an extent. He would never give her the chance to tell him... tell him everything. She wanted to, so badly. But seeing as he would never stay still, she was forced to forever chase after him. She hated the perpetual dance of chase, catch, and lose. Listening for her brother, she followed the sound of rustles and snapping branches.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 11/03/2009 12:18 PM

"Kids, please! Your father wouldn't want you to wander off!" called Flurrena, clutching her hands. "Oh, Elli, Lucky... I love you so much. Why do you hate me?" she whined softly. The air around her was cold, and she shivered, rubbing her arms. She had to get home; her outfit was not fit for winter's touch. She tried to pull down her short shorts, and rejected, ran home, sad to know that the only children she had despised her for what she was.

The would learn one day that they were what she was too. But apparently not today. Maybe one day, they would finally get along.

Yeah, maybe one day.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items