A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

(Some gore)Basantha shrine exploration hunt for hunter (P)

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/06/2009 12:28 PM

Image Fushigi padded up the steps to the Basantha Shrine, she loved exploring and was planning on having a look at the shrine, she hadn't visited it before and she was excited.

Fushigi was a bit of a loner, her owner AnimeTheia only had a few pets and the others had already paired off leaving her on her own, but she didnt usually mind much. Recently however she had found herself a bit bored of her own company she had heard that some interesting creatures were living in the shrine and was hoping she might be able to befriend one, preferably a Hunter which she imagined to be quiet and solitary animals and so would suit her personality perfectly. Or she might meet some new friends in the shrine; she felt that for today even spending a bit of time with someone new would be a nice change to being on her own.

The glacial slynx made her way slowly to the shrine looking about her for potential fellow Hunter hunters.
ImageImage

Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long

The world is alive now, in and outside our home

You run through the forest, settle before the sun

Darling, I can barely remember you beside me

You should come back home, back on your own now

Song: Fleet Foxes - Ragged Wood
AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 684
Donate

Re: Basantha shrine exploration hunt for hunter OPEN

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/06/2009 1:46 PM

After waiting by the entrance for a while Fushigi decided to start exploring on her own, "I prefer exploring on my own anyway it's more fun" she reasoned to herself, "and I might meet someone who is already searching for a Hunter inside".

So she slipped through the shrine doors into the entrance hall she stopped to admire the the statues by the three hallways while she attempted to recall where each one was supposed to lead. She remembered something about a hall of the lost and decided that that would be the best place to start.

As she headed toward the hall she considered what she had heard about Hunters and what happens if you are lucky enough to encounter one, she had heard something about having to give something up if you want to take one home with you."Hmmm... what would I give up... that's easy I suppose, my human form (not that its much of a human form, I still look more Slynx like than I do human) I rarely use it, I prefer the agility and comfort of my normal form, human shapes are so clumsy and bulky..." she mused quietly to herself as she started to enter the hallway of the lost still looking out for other explorers that she could join.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/06/2009 2:21 PM

Fushigi halted a short way into the hall, she had a feeling she was being watched by someone, looking around though she couldnt see anything, or smell anything "It's so musty in here i'd be lucky to smell a Rattegan!"she muttered to herself, still she couldnt shake the feeling that there was something in the darkness watching her, she listened intently but she couldnt hear anything unusual. Not wanting to make a fool of herself and talk to thin air she decided to go on a bit and see if whatever it was that was watching would follow or not "Besides maybe they aren't showing themsleves because they dont want me to know they are here, maybe i'm intruding on their space or maybe its a Hunter...". She padded on a short distance enjoying the cool air of the temple "Everyone is always saying how cold it is up here, they're nuts!"she rolled her eyes and continued on.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/06/2009 3:02 PM

Suddenly a Glacial werecain jumped out infront of Fushigi, she jumped slightly, even though she knew something was watching her she hadnt been expecting it to jump out at her, but managed to hide it as much as she could.

"Hello, I'm Fushigi"she said politely to the werecain, it was much bigger than her and the blades in its tails glittered coldly in the faint light. "Would you by any chance be looking for Hunters?"She asked, she hoped he was as she liked the idea of exploring with another glacial like herself, glacials were the best suited to adventure in  her opinion, and a werecain like this one would be really helpful if a Mekkayena or a Hunter did turn up, not that she couldn't take care of herself with her sharp claws and agility but a companion would be comforting nonetheless.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/07/2009 11:33 AM

The werecain seemed reluctant to reply, Fushigi waited a while then stepped slowly around him to continue her exploration.

She took her time walking down the hall in case the werecain changed his mind and decided he did want to join her hunt, she hoped he would.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/07/2009 4:14 PM

Fushigi smiled as the werecain caught up with her "I suppose we just keep heading this way, i've never been here before so this way looks as good as any", they continued on together in silence for a while, Fushigi got the feeling this werecain was like her and enjoyed company but didn't like to talk too much, she liked to keep herself to herself after all. That didnt stop her wondering about this random werecain she had met though, who was he? what was his name?... she also wondered whether they would come across any hunters, she hoped so she really wanted a companion like the other pets in her zoo had.

((Thats ok, I know now so I won't get so impatient ;) ))
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/07/2009 7:58 PM

As if he had read her mind the Werecain suddenly spoke and told her his name and what he did, it would have creeped her out except back home she knew a cursed Fenling who could sometimes see a little way into the future so she often seemed to read others minds, she inclined her head in return to his bow.

"Hello Serosus, so you're a travelling monk that sounds interesting!, do you know these shrines well then?"Fushigi asked, "I recently moved to this area with my owner and thought i'd explore and see if I came across a Hunter. If you know these shrines at all where do you think we would most likely find one?". Fushigi liked this Werecain, she rarely got on with other pets, prefering her own company but she thought it would be fun wandering the shrines with him, maybe it was something to do with them both being glacial and coming from cold regions.

She continued to walk at a sedate pace through the hall of the lost, looking out for any movement that could be a Hunter but doubted that she'd see anything this near to the shrine entrance, They're probably deeper into the shrine she mused.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/07/2009 8:17 PM

Fushigi was glad she had found someone who knew their way around, she hadn't realised how big and confusing the shrine would be, she probably would have got lost on her own and had to spend days finding her way back out again.

She nodded eagerly when Serosus suggested going to the catacombs other pets might think they sounded creepy but Fushigi thought it sounded like a great place to explore, she reasoned as long as you are respectful then nothing should happen to you.

She trotted along beside Serosus to keep up with his slightly longer gait she had plenty of energy though and was eager to get to the catacombs so she didnt mind travelling quickly.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/09/2009 11:56 PM

((Hope you don't mind me wriggling in here. :3 -gets comfy-))

Image Why on earth had she come here alone?! And how had she gotten this far without having a panic attack? I must be nuts! the werecain thought as she looked around a small passageway, despite her fears. Oh yes, that's right - why she was here. Reap was looking for a hunter - that psycho wanted one, and had sent Reap on a journey to find one. Evil child. At least Reap was resistant to the freezing temperatures here; that's probably why she'd been sent instead of Quote or Puppet. She could've at least sent one of them with me. she complained to herself.

As she thought this, she ran into a dead end. With a frustrated - and very shaky - sigh, she turned around and headed towards the passage exit, keeping her nose working the whole way. Not that it would help; she didn't know what a hunter smelled like. As she reached the exit of the passage, she spotted another werecain walking with a... What was that thing called again? Oh yes, a slynx. She debated with herself. Should she go with them? What if they were hostile? But she was having a nervous breakdown without company... But they could rip her to shreads! She groaned inwardly. What to do, what to do?! As she debated, she fidgeted a tad, clicking her claws on the ground as she did so.

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/10/2009 1:54 PM

Fushigi stopped a little way from the giant skull at the end of the passage, she shivered despite herself, she hadnt expected the entrance to the catacombs to be so creepy!

Serosus went ahead of her to the skull, as he did Fushigi noticed a weird clickling sound that wasnt coming from either if them... It seemed like it was coming from another passage of to the side of the one they were in, she wondered if maybe a hunter had finally got curious and was watching them from the shadows?

She walked casually up to the skull door as if she hadn't heard anything"Serosus, do you hear that? what do you think it is?"
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/10/2009 5:30 PM

Reap winced as the slynx asked the other werecain if he'd heard something. She saw him sniff the air, and lost all hope of remaining hidden. Not like I could've hid from the living here forever. Her calm thoughts didn't stop her slight shaking, nor did they calm her pounding heart. Darn paranoia. Well, they already know I'm here... She stepped out of the passage she'd been hiding in, her body-language calm despite the small dose of adrenalin flowing through her veins. She was tempted to use her eyes to dare them to take a lunge at her, but decided that this was a bad idea; a very bad idea indeed. She took a deep breath to calm herself - making sure the two glacials didn't notice, of course - and smelled something... Odd, to say the least. She did her best to shrug it off as part of being so close to the catacombs, which had to reek. But why hadn't she smelled it before...? No, shut up brain! Just stop working for five seconds, please!

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/10/2009 6:13 PM

[Why thank you! 8D]

Reap practically froze. They were coming closer; what to do?! This was getting to be a very annoying question in her mind. She had to think about breathing as she saw them coming closer. Wait... breathing! Of course! Oh, how foolish she was! How had she not thought of this sooner? She took a few sniffs of the air. No hostility... Well, maybe a touch, but it wasn't coming from either of the two glacials. What a relief! Of course, she didn't know these pets, and, despite her lessened anxiety, her fur still bristled slightly, and she was fairly uncomfortable.

"Uh, hello...?"  She mentally slapped herself. That was not how her voice was supposed to come out! It was supposed to be dignified, intelligent, and at least a tad confident, not this stupid, tiny little meek squeak! Oh, she was doomed. Yep. Doomed. To be terribly, horrifyingly embarrassed.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/10/2009 8:07 PM

Fushigi went with Serosus towards the new Werecain that had appeared, she could see that this werecain was somewhat unsettled, maybe she thought that one of them might attack her? Her suspicions were confirmed by the tiny squeak of a greeting that the werecain gave.

Fushigi moved a bit nearer to her, trying to give off as much good calm vibes as she could, as she got nearer she gave off a small gasp, this werecain was gorgeous!!! Her fur was every colour under the sun and as bright as the sun, even in the gloom of the passage, there was noone like that at her home, she hadnt even met anyone like it before.

"Hello"she welcomed the newcomer warmly, "I am Fushigi and this is Serosus. Pleased to meet you.".

She looked back at Serosus as she told the new Werecain his name, thats oddshe thought, he seems a little rattled, I wonder whats up...she didnt want to ignore their new companion though, so she waited patiently for her to give her name now that she knew they were not a threat to her. Besides he might just be spooked by the catacombs, even though he's been here before he might not be that fond of them.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/10/2009 8:22 PM

Reap took a step back as the slynx approached her. She calmed down considerably as the two calmly communicated with her. Although, she was a little bothered by the attention - Fushigi? Yes, that was her name - gave her. She loved being the main attraction; a level above the rest, if you will, but she hated attention; it caused fear to punch her in the gut. Oh irony, thou art a pest. She cleared her throat before speaking, and made sure to take a deep breath.

My name is Aya Archer, she announced in her proper voice; the one that was smooth, rhythmic, and civilized. It was too high-pitched for her nit-picky preferences, though, and she found it a touch too loud at times. But you should call me Reap. It's a pleasure to make your acquaitance, Ms. Fushigi. And yours as well, sir." She finished by nodding in the direction of the male, indicating that this would be a good time for him to introduce himself to the newcomer.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/11/2009 5:39 PM

Fushigi's ears pricked up slightly, thats oddshe thought i'm sure I heard someone laughing just then but it definately wasnt one of us. She flicked her ears around in every direction trying to pick up any other noises so she could work out where it had come from, she kept her manner calm so as not to worry the jumpy Werecain, but she didn't hear anything more. Very odd, I must have imagined it, maybe i'm more afraid of catacombs then I thought she smiled wryly to herself.

"So Reap, what are you doing in the shrine?, We were hoping to find some Hunters ourselves" Fushigi explained, "Serosus thought the Catacombs might be a good place to start, would you care to join us, unless you're busy of course?.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items