A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: Basantha shrine exploration hunt for hunter OPEN

Postby Rabid » 09/11/2009 6:09 PM

Reap flicked her ears back for a second at Serosus' comment; flattery was something she never took seriously. Those who used it were often either joking, mocking, or simply manipulative; pretty words weren't to be trusted. Flicking her own ears back to their proper position, she caught the movement of the slynx's ears. Why was she doing that? She probably just heard a rattegan. She assured herself; the feline probably had better hearing than she did, and there were plenty of the rodents in here. She nodded in response to Fushigi's comment.

That's my purpose here as well, she replied. It would be helpful to have assistance upon encountering a hunter; I'd be glad to join your... dainty hunting party. She struggled to come up with an adjective, and decided to simply spit something out. Dainty? Ha! That surely didn't fit these two; she could tell they would be able to hold their own, unlike her; she didn't care what others said, she had no muscles. It might look like it, but that was just an optical illusion; yup. Trick of the eye. She gave herself a mental nod of approval. Good argument, good argument...

There's reasons for these bags under my eyes.
The effort I don't give except in lies.
Maybe it's the weight of all the promises that I can't keep.
But the universe will not let me sleep.

Lets talk about the time I waste.
All the things I say I'd do but only say.
And nothing was done today.
But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

penwishlistclickablesbreeders
Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/11/2009 6:41 PM

Dainty? did she just call me and Serosus dainty? Fushigi glanced at Serosus well he's definately not dainty, and while I am nimble I don't think i'm exactly dainty...

"Well then, perhaps we should head on then? Serosus how do you open this giant skull door?
ImageImage

Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long

The world is alive now, in and outside our home

You run through the forest, settle before the sun

Darling, I can barely remember you beside me

You should come back home, back on your own now

Song: Fleet Foxes - Ragged Wood
AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 684
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/11/2009 7:03 PM

Reap was entranced by the flute's lilting chords. A bit of an odd taste never hurt anyone... Okay, maybe it did, but not the point. She watched in awe as the giant skull opened its mouth. This was way too awesome for her to take in at once. Yes, awesome; sure it was creepy, and definitely not something commonly liked, but I reiterate: She had some very odd tastes. Her admiration was cut short, however, by the scent that punched her in the face. Ew! What's that smell? She thought as she slapped a hand-paw-thing over her nose. She looked to Serosus, waiting for him to lead the way; he did know how to get around this place, after all.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/11/2009 7:45 PM

Fushigi stepped back a bit as the jaw of the skull rumbled open, she was slightly put off by the need to make a sacrifice to enter the catacombs, most other catacombs she had seen just required you to be quiet and respectful and leave a small non-dead offering... not that she made a habit of visiting catacombs but she came across them every so often in her exploring.

She was slightly amused to see Reap hold a paw to her nose as the smell of death and decay from the catacombs hit her, it was not a nice smell but Fushigi had smelt much worse things. She hung back with Reap and waited for Serosus to enter the catacombs, she was worried now that she might do or not do something that was required in this sacred place, after all it required a sacrifice, so she thought it best to let Serosus lead, he would tell them if they needed to do or avoid something.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/11/2009 10:48 PM

[Gasp! Plot-twist! .0. Did not see that coming; I thought they were just gonna get jumped or summat. .-.]

Reap gagged. This smell really was gross. She coughed into her paw a little, and felt her stomach churn. Yup, definitely gross. She could swear she saw something moving in the catacombs. What is tha-- Her thoughts stopped when she heard part of the background sound stop, followed by a loud clatter. She quickly looked in the direction of the sound, and immediately began to panic again. And she'd just managed to calm down, dangit! It wasn't the fact that he had somehow dropped the salve, nor was it because he'd stopped talking - not that she'd noticed until he stopped. No, it was his eyes. There was something wrong; his pupils had shrunk, as though he'd had some horrifying revelation. She coughed a few more times - and gagged afterwards - before adjusting her paw so she could speak.

Serosus, she hesitantly - and shakily - began. Was her voice quivering? It sounded funnier than it would if it were just quivering, though... It was probably her paranoia playing tricks on her. What's going on? Is something wrong?

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/12/2009 12:55 PM

Sero--sus! She attempted to yell, but it came out at normal volume and was broken by a bought of coughing. She was panicking, which meant adrenalin, which meant a faster and more frantic heart, which meant more breathing. Still, she wasn't one to disobey - she'd learned better - and so tried to run as she had been instructed, but her legs didn't want to listen. She managed a few steps before her legs gave out on her, and she was helpless to the darkness that swallowed her.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/12/2009 4:01 PM

Fushigi still hadn't come up to the catacombs entrance, she startled when Serosus dropped his salve and stepped back further from the door, she noticed the shocked look on his face and that Reap was looking very worried. Then Serosus gasped out a warning... what? gas? run?, then he fell to the floor and Reap followed him shortly after. Fushigi backed further away, she realised she must not be near enough to the gas for it to affect her strongly, she tried to think straight What can I do? I can't carry them, they're far too big and heavy compared to me, and if I go near them then I'm going to pass out myself... I have to get away from here... but if I leave and they take them into the catacombs I'll never be able to help them, I can't open the door!... Fushigi's reflexes served her well she crouched into a pouncing position and sprang forward, she sprinted towards the unconscious Werecains and leapt over them into the catacombs, once there she snaked between the stone sarcophaguses and bolted into an alcove where she promptly passed out hoping fervently that she wouldn't be found and that the poison would wear off in time for her to help the Werecains...
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/12/2009 5:32 PM

Reap managed to open her eyes in time to see the girl mouthing some words. What? Mugged? Kiet? Tape hat quay? She closed her eyes and left out an irritated sound, like a mix between a huff and a groan. She moved her paws close to her chest and pushed herself up to a seated position. Opening her eyes once more, she looked around. She saw something blue and black in the distance. Or was it a few feet away? She squinted. Yup, a few feet away; stupid near-sighted eyes. She rubbed her eyes with her right paw while asking the usual nonsense; 'where are we, why are we here, who are you' etc, etc. Hey, someone had to do it.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/12/2009 5:35 PM

Fushigi blinked, ohhhh my head she moaned quietly, it felt like her skull had been broken in two, must be the after effects of the poison she jumper upright as she remembered what had happened banging her head on the top of the alcove she had hidden in.

Rubbing her head with a front paw she groaned again. Right she thought I need to help Serosus and Reap, but I can't just waltz right in there, not in the state i'm in now... I need to sort myself out and find out where those evil creatures took them so I can work out a plan. Firstly she decided I need to scout out these catacombs find some water and somewhere to curl up for a cat nap, then when i've recovered a bit I can find out where they took them. She stood up slowly looking all around for signs of whoever had taken Serosus and Reap, she hadn't actually seen them being so much further back from the entrance than the others, but she had heard them,heard their vicious claws on the stone floors, heard their cackling, she knew there was more than one.

Skirting around the edges of the tombs she stayed in the shadows and moved soundlessly, after what seemed hours she came across as small crack at the bottom of a wall which was leaking water, Fushigi drank thirstily then soaked her front paws and spread the cooling refreshing water on her head, it helped ease the ache somehow. She had spotted a larger crack in the wall a few meters back that she reckoned she could just about squeeze into and be relatively well hidden, so she made her way back noting where she was so that when she had helped the others she could take them there to drink.

She hadn't spotted any signs of any others during her search which concerned her, these catacombs were much bigger than she had expected, but she resolved that she had to find them, she had to save them. She curled up in her hiding spot and slept, dreaming of evil monsters coming to take her away...
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/12/2009 7:24 PM

M'hmm... Reap muttered an unintelligent stream of words to herself before smacking her face a few times. That's better... Or not. She took that opportunity to look around, not that there was really anything to look at. She looked at Maya and decided to take a risk.

Well, what if I don't want to serve this "Xei're" person? She quietly whined - much like a young child. The poor thing knew nothing; she hadn't been taught much about Evelon or its history. So, she glared at Maya in defiance, her arms crossed with her entire body only showing one side to the girl. Man, I wish I could do that with my eyes!

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/12/2009 7:41 PM

Fushigi stretched, the sleep had done her good, she could still feel some vague effects of the poison, or maybe it was the bang on her head from before... She slowly crept out of her hiding place, she still could not see any other creatures about, not even a rattegan, she sniffed but all she smelt was musty air and the odour of death. Moving along the wall she slunk back to the trickle of water she had found earlier and took another drink, then she headed back towards the entrance of the catacombs, she figured she should start looking for tracks there and hoped she would find some evidence of where Serosus and Reap had been taken, maybe one of them had been concious enough to leave her clues? She shook her head, Don't be so silly Fushigi, they were both out cold, they probably thought I had been taken too, I hope they are awake now, they might be able to make some noise and lead me to them...
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/13/2009 11:18 AM

The entrance at last Fushigi let out a sigh of relief, she had thought she was lost, she hadn't come across any signs of the others so she crept up to the closed skull door, then bellying down (both to make herself smaller and harder to see and so she was closer to the ground and any tracks she might find) she investigated the area.
It was thick with dust, obviously nobody came here very often she resisted the urge to sneeze and tried to find paw prints or any other marks. She quickly came across what looked like the trail of two giant snakes, and some claw tracks she gasped as she recognised that these tracks belonged to Serraptors They hunt in tribes she thought to herself there could easily be a dozen of these guarding Serosus and Reap!, as soon as she realised the claw marks were serraptors she worked out that the snake trails must have been caused by the Serraptors dragging Serosus and Reap into the catacombs, Well at least its an easy to follow trail and I won't get lost...

((Would you rather Fushigi find and save you or you save yourselves and Fushigi turn up just after?))
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/13/2009 12:25 PM

Fushigi was starting to get worried, since she had entered the catacombs it had been several hours (she wasn't sure exactly how long it had been, the catacombs did  not seem to change light wise and she wasn't even sure what the time had been when they had been attacked). She really needed to find the others NOW, she didn't know what those Serraptors would do to them or had already done to them... No stop it, don't think like that, throwing all caution to the wind Fushigi raced down the clear trail that had been left only slowing and hiding when she came near to the end of it.
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AnimeTheia » 09/13/2009 12:49 PM

Fushigi crouched behind a rock, just outside the light made my the lava pits and the alter, her eyes quickly took in the cages with her companions in hovering over the bubbling lava, and the crowd of creatures avidly watching them, what in evelon was she supposed to do? how was she supposed to save her new friends from the cages without getting caught herself? scratch that she thought how am I supposed to even get to the cages without burning to a crisp?. As she considered what she needed to do the cages suddenly gave a little shake and started rattling slowly down towards the lava pits...
ImageImage

AnimeTheia
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rabid » 09/13/2009 3:10 PM

[Yeah, I figured that out; I just thought it'd be fun to make her clueless. xP]

Well that's just great. she muttered, trying to remain calm. She was going to be some sort of slave for the rest of her existence!? Not cool, not cool. This never would've happened if that stupid child had just sent someone with her, but no, it had to be Reap and only Reap! And to make things worse, the more she thought about their situation, the more helpless and angry at herself she felt. This anger was reflected in the agitated flicking of her tails, and the twitching of her paws. Calm down, you idiot! This is getting us nowhere! Think, there must be a way out! Unfortunately, she had very little control over her emotions, so her thoughts remained clouded by helplessness and anger. She was ever-so-useful today.

But I still feel,
I shouldn't be awake.

Rabid
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext