A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

It's Too Cold {P}

Postby Indigo » 10/08/2009 7:20 PM

Lawrence was running up a mountain. He wasn't sure why, and thought he ought to stop. He had been running for over an hour and was exhausted, in addition to not being able to feel his feet. He sat down and tried to think, not noticing anymore how cold it was.

Ah, yes. He'd wanted to test a theory. Indigo had heard his story about Todd the last time he was home, and had suggested that perhaps Todd would find Lawrence wherever he went. When he'd said this was ridiculous, she'd offered him fifty Keystones to test it.

If he was going to show up, he'd better do it before Lawrence froze.

{13}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: It's Too Cold {P}

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 10/08/2009 9:45 PM

Todd was on a freezing mountain, wearing the kind of clothes he'd wear in the summer- a black tank top and blue shorts. With flip flops. Part of him was wondering why he was wearing that when it was obviously winter and the other part of him was wondering how he'd managed to find himself on a mountain...

Then he saw a familiar brown haired person sitting not too far away.

"Lawrence!" he called, waving his arms. He immediately hugged himself and shivered. "What are you doing- what are we doing here?"

{14}
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, Worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going no where, Going no where
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, No expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
And I find I kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very, very
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 10/08/2009 9:57 PM

Lawrence was startled enough that he jumped up and proceeded to fall over. He tried again and this time stayed upright. He ran over to Todd. "I, uh, I know it sounds weird, but...the person I generally live with gave me fifty Keystones to come out here and see if you showed up. I have no idea why."

It occured to him that he was suddenly having a much easier time talking. He wondered if it was because he was talking to someone he knew. Who was a cannibal. Who assaulted people and ate their limbs. Which reminded him...

"Um...I'm just curious, you don't have to answer, but what did that Oliver person do that one night that made you eat his arm?" he asked.

{14}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 10/08/2009 10:06 PM

He coughed and scratched the back of his head, recalling the man. He hadn't even tasted good.

"Yeah, um, I met him at a bar, and, um, I had brought along a piece of cake because cake and beer taste good together. I went to the bathroom at one point and told him to watch my cake. When I came back he was licking the plate clean."

He shook his head, remembering the rage he'd felt. He probably would have ended up eating the man anyway, but then he would have drugged him first...

He cleared his mind and returned to the present. "Yeah. So. What's up?"

{15}
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 10/13/2009 8:07 PM

Lawrence blinked, somewhat disturbed. Todd was generally a disturbing person. Oh, well. "Um. Like I said, I'm out here testing this weird theory of Indigo's that you'll turn up wherever I go." He tilted his head. "Why are you wearing shorts?"

He was beginning to get nervous. Cold environments were generally on his "To Avoid" list. He didn't like being cold. It was too...cold. Besides which, snow made it harder to run, and there were probably dangerous animals out here. He shivered.

Rawr.

While Lawrence knew he'd probably imagined the sound, it still scared him. "Ummm...maybe we should go...find somewhere warmer..."

{15}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 10/18/2009 1:46 AM

"We could probably find a cafe that served cake. But first we have to know where we are..." Todd glanced around at the landscape. "Do you know?"

He didn't mind the cold, it was just when he was in the cold for no apparent reason that he didn't really enjoy. He used his foot to write in the snow, "I wish I had a jacket." He then drew a goofy smiley face.

He smiled down at it, then drew a piece of cake and a fork, and made the goofy smiley face have it's mouth open, as if ready to eat the cake. He wrote 'Todd was here' under this.

Vandalism on a mountain. No one would ever see it. Darn.
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 11/05/2009 9:35 PM

Lawrence stared down at Todd's snow vandalism. "Uh. We're on a mountain. In Basantha. I think. Or, no, the shrine is just Basantha, right? In that case we're near Basantha. I'm cold. And...hungry. We should go. Are you cold? I'm cold. I said that already. Oh, no, here I go again..."

He stood there rambling for a few minutes before becoming aware long enough to say, "Please do something. I don't know what Japan is. Indigo mentioned it the other day and now I'm..." Et cetera, et cetera.

In the back of his mind, he was wondering what had made the strange sound he'd heard. He considered this for a while and realized--too late!--that now that was what was on his mind.

"Did you hear that noise before? It sounded like something big. Maybe we should get out of here." He turned and ran in a random direction, trying to shut up long enough to find somewhere to hide.

{16}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 11/10/2009 1:55 AM

Todd blinked as he watched Lawrence run off. He stood there, alone, for a few moments, wondering about what Lawrence had said.

"Did you hear that noise before?"

He hadn't. Or, at least, he hadn't been aware of hearing anything... He shook his head and began jogging after Lawrence at a quick pace. In the process, he kicked up snow, which hit the back of his legs and his butt, which wasn't very pleasant. "I hope there really is a town nearby," he mumbled. He had some KS on him, so he could buy some new- and warmer- clothes...

[Sorry it's so short...]
No tomorrow, No tomorrow