A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Discovering Truth (Self)

Postby Pyris » 11/02/2009 4:00 AM

Mexus, the Imperial Serraptor
Vox, the Void Serraptor
Level: 1/1
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Heading up the icy staircase, Mexus grumbled darkly as Vox lead the way.  "It's frickin' cold out here, Vox!  How much further to the top?!"  The Void Serraptor said nothing, the only evidence he was even listening showing when a swooping tail hit his companion upside the head.  Scowling, Mexus nipped at the offending limb before finally falling quiet.  As they neared the top, he readied to help his friend open the gargantuan wooden doors.

Pushing the doors open, crystal eyes watched the scene with silence.  Candles flickered against stone along the walls as he moved inward.  Lifting his head, he gazed at the unusual symbols above before focusing his attention back on the room a few moments later.  Yes, this was the place.  He'd been hesitant about coming here and leaving the tribe behind, but Mexus had insisted he come. Of course, the Imperial Serraptor also insisted that he come with Vox, leaving the tribe unprotected.  This had become a problem, until Karne and her mate assured them the two would carefully watch over their new home, as well as Pandemo and Bane.

Finally getting some heat, Mexus hurried inside, ignoring the creepy feeling he got both from the strange church-like place and Vox.  Vox didn't usually say anything, but in combination with this building, it was just a little bit unsettling.  "Where are we?" he wondered aloud, not concerned with the fact that he got no response.  The Void creature moved forward, approaching three statues and simply staring at them, one by one.

Uncertain as to what he wanted to do, Vox merely stood, examining each statue he came across.  Which was the right one?  How could he know for certain?  Mexus came beside him, voicing the very questions that were circling through his head.  "Which one?" the vocal creature murmured, not even blinking when Vox said nothing.

The place was surprising crowded.  Brown-robed people were moving about quietly, not even seeing all the people there.  Other people, too, were scattered about the large, spacious room.  Mexus wasn't sure exactly what he should think about the strange area.  He wasn't used to this type of setting.  "Vox..."  Without a word, those bluish eyes turned his way, shaking the feathers on the back of his companion's neck. Frowning, the Imperial creature settled down into silence as well, simply watching the other instead of asking questions he knew would be left unanswered.

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Re: Discovering Truth

Postby Pyris » 11/03/2009 10:00 PM

Vox, the Void Serraptor

Pacing the floor briefly as he mulled through his choices, Vox finally stopped in front of the center statue, seeming to examine the lantern and sphere it held.  Was this the one?  He couldn't remember.  It had been so long ago.  Mexus twitched impatiently behind him, causing a slight tick in his eye.  He was beginning to regret bringing the Imperial Serraptor along.

Tapping his claw along the floor in a rhythmic pattern, Mexus miserably attempted to ignor his irritation.  They'd been standing there for nearly an hour, and all Vox had done was stare at the three statues.  By then, they could have gone down at least two of them!  Even though he knew that was an exaggeration, it did not change the fact that they'd have been better off guessing and going down a random one.

After just a few moments more deliberation, the Void Serraptor finally ventures down the left hall, completely ignoring both the center and right statues as though he hadn't spent an hour staring them down.  It wasn't as though he thought he hadn't, but merely disregarded them until later.  After all, he was going down the left hall at that time, so only it should be of importance.  "Vox...." muttered Mexus behind him, and he knew what the other wanted to know.  He wasn't sure he could tell him, though.  His vow meant too much for him to break.  He knew Mexus would understand.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Discovering Truth (Open)

Postby Pyris » 11/06/2009 7:26 PM

Vox, the Void Serraptor

The hallway was dimly lit, and he wasn't certain, but Vox felt the floors were a little uneven.  Of course, this was a shrine far up in the mountains.  Eyes looking around closely along the walls, the Void creature was careful of his whereabouts, knowing Mexus wasn't good at seeing in the dark.

Quietly, so hear his companion's footsteps better, Mexus trailed slowly behind.  His vision in the dark left much to yearn for, but he wasn't complaining as long as Vox was near.  Vox could wander the dark for hours and never even trip.  He knew better than to speak when they were traversing in the barely there light.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Discovering Truth (Open)

Postby Pyris » 11/10/2009 1:12 PM

Vox, the Void Serraptor

Finally.  Finally, it seemed they'd reached the end of the tunnel.  Inside the candle-littered room were people, crying and mourning the lost.  Seeing this, Vox knew he'd found the right place.  Taking a lighting stick into his maw, he lit it on an already lit candle, stooping low to light a new one.  Looking back to ensure his companion was still with him, he looked down upon the glowing flickers of fire and shook out the flame at the end of his stick.

Mexus had fallen silent some time ago, deciding to watch this unusual behavior Vox so rarely exhibited.  Sometimes, he'd learned, life required some tact; a lesson he'd learned from the very creature before him.  He watched as his Void companion bent his head low and his eyes closed.  What was he thinking?  What did he feel?  Why, exactly, were they here?  Questions that Vox would never offer the answer to verbally.  He couldn't ever just say, "Oh, I'm a little miffed that you're being so nosy," or "Why don't you just shut your face every once in awhile?"

The endless stare Mexus was giving him, Vox could feel on the blades of his shoulders.  There were so many accusations and questions there that he just couldn't answer, and it had nothing to do with his vow.  Some of the questions he wanted to ask but wouldn't were very plain, but not once had he ever asked.  He had the distinct feeling that the Imperial Serraptor would never be honest with him, or even himself, it seemed. What was holding him back?  Instead of dwelling on it, he focused on the reason he'd come.  He'd come for forgiveness that he wasn't sure he could ask for.

((OoC:  Sorry to anyone who may or may not have been lurking here and considering joining, but I decided to convert this rp to a self rp.  A rare occasion for me, though you wouldn't know it from my actions here, as I've not been much of a social butterfly.)

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Discovering Truth (Self)

Postby Pyris » 11/26/2009 2:06 PM

Vox, the Void Serraptor
Level: 2/2

Eyes widening in awe as Vox stooped low on his haunches, Mexus was certain he'd never see such an awing display of Vox's humility.  His head nearly lowered to the floor, his crystal eyes lowering as he let out a bass, mournful trill that sent shivers down the Imperial creature's spine.  He wasn't sure the melodious cry had ever been heard by others than himself.  It seemed like an exceptionally personal sound.  It was as if the world had taken away something that meant more to him than life.  Mexus knew he didn't want to know why the Void creature would make such a horrifying call.

The past wasn't normally one to haunt a person, lest it was a particularly tragic one.  Vox hadn't thought his own would come to chase him in his dreams until he'd been welcomed so wholly into the tribe.  Karne had been so kind and caring, even though he never uttered sweet words of thanks.  No, he hadn't uttered a sound since that day until today.  Was his vow broken?  Of course not.  For this sound, this sad, heart-numbing noise, was a plea for the one who'd taken his voice away, anyway.  This was an exception to his vow.  It was special.

Mexus felt the distinct need to leave the room, much like others were doing as they looked over their shoulders at the then-silent Serraptor, crouching with his head hung, nearly touching the floor.  What had happened to Vox before he found them?  Just like him, Mexus had been taken in by Borax and Karne, but he knew the other had suffered a great deal more.  He just wasn't sure exactly how much more.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Discovering Truth (Self)

Postby Pyris » 12/12/2009 12:08 PM

[6]

Sighing in a quick hiss of air, Vox dug the charm tucked beneath the ornament on his neck out, placing it next to the candle he'd lit.  Of course, he wouldn't leave it there.  How would he know someone wouldn't come to thieve Serra Liune's precious pendant?  She'd taken him to her grave, shown him the cold, dirty stone charm and vanished from his eyes.  Had she moved on, or was she teaching him yet another lesson?  He still didn't know.  Dark claws ran the length of the largest stone, remembering all the moments he'd shared with the ghost.  Now, he'd never get the chance to tell her what she'd meant to him and his life; how she'd changed it.  So he'd vowed to never say a word until he found her again, whether it be once he, himself, crossed the planes or she found her way to him again.

Mexus stared blankly as his Void companion pulled out a pendant of stone, setting it down and caressing it gently.  Obviously, the small trinket meant a great deal to him.  Maybe it belonged to a prior mate?  Uncertain, he settled on his haunches, almost sitting and simply stayed there in silence, being there if Vox should need him.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate