A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: Re-awakening Spirits [P]

Postby SpringsSong » 11/03/2009 2:51 PM

"You mean... Yesac is that new Grim that I've seen that has seemed way too familiar for comfort--both as a friend and towards you?" Deraj asked, his eyes widening as he tried to contemplate what that meant.  If that were true... well, then, that meant that they could, potentially, be charged with kidnapping Yeri.

However, they hadn't kidnapped her; she'd lived with them for several weeks before her father had ever appeared at the Arena.

"Why would he choose to inhabit that Grim's body?  I was certain that, when I saw him in passing, I could grow to like him... and now, there is not a single chance for him to win my favor.  If anything, he had only made me hate him more for abandoning his daughter, and then, he shows up with that Glacial Werecain inhabiting his body.  Which, I'm sure this poses the following question: how in Yepha's name did he escape Re'klet?"

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/03/2009 2:57 PM

An'ama nodded slowly.  She knew, just from looking at Yesac and Ath'yeri, that the two were related by blood.  However, before Yesac had come here, he'd been known as Dagger, and he'd abandoned Ath'yeri and his other daughter, whom no one knew the whereabouts of.  After a few moments, she flicked her fish-finned tail and smirked, glancing back at Yesac.

"I'm sure that Aila and Deraj would argue this point," she said, smiling, "but when Ath'yeri and your other daughter hatched, did you care?  I mean, Ariana, Deraj, and Aila took them in from the start, because you acted like you could care less about those two darling girls." An'ama smiled one of her crooked smiles here, thinking calmly before she spoke again.

"In addition to giving herself solely to save Nyera, I'm sure she would give herself to save Ath'yeri from any harm.  But, has it ever occurred to you that she might have powers as well?  Aila's been training her diligently, as I recall..."

[2.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/03/2009 3:03 PM

"Yes, I know that Ath'yeri has powers.  She's a fire elemental, just like I am, and just like Aila is.  It is no surprise to me that Aila discovered Yeri's powers early on; she showed so many signs of being a fire elemental--she'd chase Aila's tail without fear of being burned, she'd watch her cast seemless fire-mirages for hours on end, and she even tried to control a wisp of fire from Aila's tail once." Yesac said, partly annoyed.  "Even if I abandoned her at birth because I did not expect her to amount to anything; people would despise her for my species and her mother's wings, and then, they'd blame us for ever meeting.  Her mother wasn't at all to my tastes, though... not like Aila and Nyera are." He said.

And like you are, and will be, he added in his head, smiling slightly.  Here, he stopped; he turned his head to the side, his eyes widening as he sniffed the air carefully.  After a few moments, he recoiled in disgust.

"We have visitors... but both are very welcome right about now," he said, his smile becoming devillish as he moved into the shadows.

[2.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/03/2009 3:11 PM

"You do know that no God can be bound to Re'klet if he or she realizes their powers, right, Deraj?" Aila asked, her eyebrow raised in questioning.  "It was hopeless to think that Yesac would continue to be trapped there; he had to be able to escape somehow.  It only makes sense that he was able to escape."

Aila shook her head, sighing deeply as she thought about everything that had happened within the past few days: Yesac had reappeared, he had taken Yeri's father's body as his new form, An'ama had gone missing, and now, Aila suspected that An'ama had been transformed into a Paragon.  It would only make sense; Aila had given up her Lifesense in exchange for a Lifebond, but she could still always feel An'ama's presence.

Instead of feeling like a small, insignificant crystal feline that Aila could easily crush, she felt like something that could put up way more of a fight with her than she wanted.

[1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/03/2009 8:42 PM

"...I forgot about that... I honestly had." Deraj said, shaking his head sadly.  "I wish I had remembered that when we tried to bind him to the Re'klettan realm.  If it were someone like... like Kylistern, or like Yeri, then they could be bound until they realized their powers.  However, I doubt that would be good for them--Kylistern has a love somewhere, and Yeri... Yesac could easily find her."

He frowned deeply as he looked around, his eyes suddenly filled with concern as he heard the clatter of claws against the stone.  His brown eyes became stern all of a sudden, and his voice became a low growl.

"Someone else is here." Deraj said firmly, his eyes like daggers.

[1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/04/2009 11:25 AM

An'ama gave a slight smile as she thought about who the visitors could be.  It didn't take her long; she could hear the tell-tale voices approaching them now.  Her green eyes glistened as she retreated to the shadows, moving back further than Yesac, for the neon-green of her plumage, wings, and Mystwalker would doubtless give her away.  She looked over at Yesac, her voice in a whisper.

"So, they've come to the Shrine... that does not surprise me.  Aila always used to come here, she said..." she said, smiling slightly as she watched the pair walk a little closer in.  "It is just like I thought as well--she is not as close to Deraj as he would like her to be." She added, her eyes gleaming brightly.

She crouched lower to the ground, backing further into the shadows as she examined them closely.  Indeed, Deraj kept looking at Aila longingly, but Aila kept on walking, her eyes surveying the area closely.  After several moments, she looked back at Yesac.

"Shall we let them discover us, or reveal ourselves to them?" she asked, her eyes gleaming.

[2.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/06/2009 1:02 PM

"Wait.  Now is not the time.  Doubtless, Aila will summon us out herself, knowing her.  She is always able to sense your presence, unless I am mistaken." Yesac said, smiling.  "But, for now, we wait within the shadows of the Shrine."

Here, Yesac turned his face to look at the pair again, verifying that Kylistern was not there.  If his own visions were correct, then Kylistern was the only person he really had to fear, for Kylistern had powers greater than what any would expect a child of half-Re'klettan God to have.  Whether or not he knew it yet was another matter entirely.

"At least they are alone.  If Deraj's son or my daughter were with them, it would end up being messier than it needs to be.  We can dispatch them easier without the interference of Kylistern or Ath'yeri; poor girl has been corrupted to Aila's cause..."

[2.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/06/2009 1:09 PM

Aila's heart sank as she heard Deraj say that someone else was there.  She had been suspicious of this, but now that Deraj had confirmed it, she was not at all amused.

"She's here.  I can feel it... An'ama.  An'ama is here, but not as she was when I freed her from here." She said in a low growl, her tail swishing from side to side angrily.  "I know you're here, An'ama; and I know you're with someone.  It would be wise of you to reveal yourselves now."

Even as she said this, Aila questioned herself on if this was a wisest decision.  If it really was An'ama, and if she was a Paragon, like she suspected... well, then, it would take both her and Deraj to take her down.

"So... you figured out that it was me here, did you?" she asked, smirking brightly.  "You obviously still have your connection to me--as much as you hate it--and have utilized it.  And... you are correct.  I am with someone else." She said, smirking a little devilishly now.

[1.4][2.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/09/2009 10:41 AM

"Aila!  Are you sure that's the best idea--"

"Still trying to convince her that she's wholly in love with you and not anyone else, Deraj?" Yesac said, chuckling deeply as he walked out of the shadows.  "Can you not realize all the negative signs she's giving you?  Giving all of her attention to Nyera, neglecting you... are you daft?" he asked, and Deraj snarled angrily, extending his wings to their full length.

"Silence, you fiend." Deraj snapped angriy, glaring at the Grim who had emerged from the shadows.  "There is no way that Aila has any more affection for Nyera than she has for me.  After all... well... Aila, you... do love me as much as you love Nyera, don't you?"

As he asked this, Yesac grinned slyly.  If An'ama was correct, then Aila's affections were warped more towards Nyera than anyone else.  He waited for a few moments, and then, he pulled a wisp of fire from his tail.

"I wouldn't be surprised with her answer, if I were you..."

"Shut up!" Deraj roared.  "Aila, please... I love you as much as I love Ariana.  Please tell me you love me as much as you love Nyera..."

[1.4][2.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/09/2009 11:19 AM

Aila bit her lip as this question reached her ears.  Did she really love Deraj as much as she loved Nyera?  More importantly, did Deraj make her feel as loved as Nyera did?  Nyera always made her feel like she was accepted, but... when it came to more messy business, like her past with Ekal, Deraj seemed cold and harsh.

"Well..."

"Tch... 'well', is that all you can say, Aila?  Your husband asked you a question.  Answer him." An'ama said, a smirk on her face as she glared levelly at the Lavamancer.  Aila snarled as she pulled out a wisp of fire from her own tail, glaring at Yesac.

"If he wants me to be honest, then... I fear he might hate me." Aila said darkly, glaring again at Yesac, and then looking sadly at Deraj.  "But... Nyera makes me feel more accepted."

[2.0][3.0]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/11/2009 10:53 AM

"See, Deraj?  Nyera makes her feel more accepted.  Doubtless, that messy affair between her and that Ekal of hers had something to do with it..." Yesac said, a small smirk on his face as he twirled the wisp of fire around his claw.  Deraj, however, looked at Aila with sad, dejected eyes.

"Aila... I-I thought that..."

He said this slowly, his voice filled with sorrow.  He'd honestly thought that he'd helped her get over Ekal by telling her to not let her personal vendettas get in the way of their musical lives, because after that, she never talked about Ekal... around him, at least.

"Are you sure Nyera doesn't just have you under some spell, Aila, that would make you say that?  You know it is the nature of the Goddess of Love to be manipulative..."

[2.0][3.0]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/28/2009 3:26 PM

"And I thought you of all people would know that Aila would never let Nyera put her under a spell, Deraj.  Gosh," a new voice said, and Aila smiled, turning around and offering an affectionate headbutt to the new Lavamancer female that had appeared.  This Lavamancer had rather flamboyant colors, which was offset by her black flame tail and her spine-wings.

"How's it goin', Lairelithoniel?  Not too bad, I hope?" Aila asked, and the other Lavamancer laughed, nodding.

"It's not all that bad, Aila.  How's it with you?"

"Oh, for the love of Zu'hai!" An'ama exclaimed, hissing vehemently as she glared at Laire, only to get a level glare back from the other.  After a few minutes, the Hunter-turned-Paragon drew herself up to her full height, extending her wings.  Here, Laire merely gave a snap and swiped at An'ama, her blue eyes steely.

"You just leave my cousin alone, got it?" she asked, which drew a shocked squeal from An'ama.

"Cousin?!  Oh, my lord!" she said, but Laire rolled her eyes and turned back to Aila here, her eyes curious.

"So... where's your femme-mate and that God of Water?"

[1.1][2.1][3.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/28/2009 3:29 PM

"Because, quite simply, neither have taken upon their Paragon forms yet, Laire.  Even Aila is not slow to admit that," a new voice said.  Almost instantly, Deraj and Yesac were crouched low to the ground, snarling at the Windgill Paragon.  He, however, smirked as he examined them, but then, cast his gaze to Aila.

"It has been too long since our last meeting, dearest Aila." He said smoothly.

"And this meeting has been too long already, Ekal." Deraj growled, his sail raised in warning.  Ekal merely laughed as he nonchalantly sauntered past the SailFin, his colorhere eyes gleaming mischeivously.

"Even though I do not claim to be an ally to Aila, I cannot allow you to be here, Ekal," Yesac warned, cloaking his claws in fire.  Ekal laughed lightly, slowly approaching Yesac as his red eyes gleamed brighter now.

"Do you honestly think you can deter me?" Ekal asked, laughing maniacly.  "There are things that Aila has not even told to Nyera that I know about her.  If you think that you can protect her from the one that holds the very key to her soul?"

Here, he pulled out a tiny necklace that had but a single garnet gem on the end.  Deraj instantly reared up, roaring angrily.

"So you stole it!  Aila told me she'd merely misplaced it..."

"She gave it to me the last day we were together.  She told me to keep it safe, that one day, we'd be together again... I just never expected her to marry you before I got back to her."

[1.1][2.1][3.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/28/2009 4:09 PM

"It has indeed been a long time, Ekal--"

Aila had begun to speak when Ekal pulled out the necklace that she'd given him all those years ago, and her eyes widened as she glared back at him, her eyes seeming to light on fire, but then, the fire calming as she levelly glared at him.

"So.  You still have my necklace.  I'm glad you didn't give it to whatever new belle you had." Aila said, smiling slightly as she walked towards him, her eyes beginning to darken.  "Now, please give it back."

"Aila!" Laire said in shock, laughing slightly.  "You still remember Ekal from your days when you were together, hm~?" she asked in a taunting voice.

"Oh, so this is the infamous Ekal, hm?" An'ama said.  "I can see why Aila likes him.  He certainly is a looker~"

"An'ama, shut it!" Aila said, glaring at the Windgill female before looking back to Ekal.

"They're... not together anymore, An'ama." Laire said, her own eyes darkening.

[1.2][2.2][3.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/28/2009 4:27 PM

"Of course I kept it," Ekal said, smiling as he held it out to her, his claws shaking as the chain seemed to tighten.  "But... if I give it to you, will you free me of this darn curse you put on me?  It's rather hard to try and move on from you when I get choked every time I try to flirt with a woman..."

"She cursed you?  Brilliant!" Deraj said, his eyes dark as he looked from Aila to Ekal.  "I would say that you should remain cursed, in my opinion.  So that you never hurt anyone the same way you hurt her again."

"Where is your sense of compassion, God of Life?" Yesac spat, glaring at Deraj.  "Yes, Aila was right in cursing him, but he has clearly learned his lesson since then.  She could at least remove the curse from the chains so that they don't choke him whenever he flirts, but make sure that they remain there so that they remind him that he should watch himself around Gods and Goddesses, especially those of the High Pantheon?"

"I would be welcome to that idea," Ekal said, but Deraj gave a warning growl as he stepped in between Ekal and Aila.

"I say he remains cursed." Deraj said.  "There is no compassion for those who have harmed my mate."

[1.2][2.2][3.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext