A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: Re-awakening Spirits [P]

Postby SpringsSong » 11/28/2009 5:05 PM

Aila snapped at Deraj and shoved him out of the way, glaring darkly at him as she approached Ekal.  There was a grace in her footsteps as she walked forward, her eyes dark as she began to chant a Re'klettan incantation, her flame tail beginning to glow as she continued it.

"Aila, are you sure this is the best choice?"

"I'm sure she knows what she's doing."

"I'm not," Laire said, glaring back at An'ama.  "Way back then, they were so in love with each other that she couldn't exactly bring herself to terms with the fact that he was falling away from her before he was stripped away from her.  Even after he told her, she didn't want to accept it."

"...the curse from the chains is gone, but your chains shall forever remain." Aila said as she took her necklace back from Ekal, putting it back around her neck before she glared at Deraj.

"I reflect Yesac's question to you, Deraj.  Where is your compassion?  You could have had compassion for me when I was wanting to change the curse on his chains so that I could strangle him whenever I felt like it, but since I still had compassion on him, even though he hurt me, I did not."

[1.3][2.3][3.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/28/2009 5:36 PM

Ekal smiled as the chains began to glow.  After a few minutes, they stopped glowing, and Ekal breathed freely for what had to be the first time in forever.  He rose his head, a slight smirk coming to his face as he took Aila's claw into his, his red eyes gleaming slightly as he dipped his head.

"Thank you," he said, but Deraj leapt up in a rage.

"You!" he said angrily.  "I do not trust your words!  I fail to see why my mate, who was betrayed by you, should trust you again.  I fail to see why I should believe you!" he said, pouncing on the Windgill male and clawing into him.  His eyes seemed to glow red as he glared, the fin on his head standing completely upright as he hissed.

"Deraj!  Have you lost your mind; step away from Ekal." Yesac roared, moving closer to the pair.  Deraj made no moves to release his hold from Ekal, and Yesac gave a powerful roar as he swiped at Deraj.

"Please... let me go..." Ekal pleaded, only to have Deraj tighten his grip.

[1.3][2.3][3.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/28/2009 7:39 PM

"No!"

Aila screamed this as she placed herself in between Deraj and Ekal.  She cast a glance to Laire and An'ama, who, in turn, set themselves in between Deraj and Yesac.  An'ama glared darkly at Yesac before she spoke, her voice dripping with venom.

"I know you're a God of Death and that I shouldn't care that you're attacking your natural enemy, but this is neither the time nor place to do this."

"Technically, he's defending Ekal..." Laire said, glaring at Yesac as she crouched, raising her flame-tail.

"I know that swipe.  It drains your life." An'ama said.  "I should know, he used it on me."

Laire nodded slowly as Aila glared at Deraj, her eyes full of hatred.  It took her a few moments to form any words that were not Re'kelttan curses, but she finally managed to say something.

"Deraj, give me one good reason why I should not curse you right now." Aila spat vehemently, her eyes glowing darkly.

[1.4][2.4][3.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/28/2009 8:16 PM

Ekal blinked as Aila stepped in between him and Deraj.  Was she... was she defending him?  He had not expected this at all, but it was a very welcome surprise for him.  However, the part that was not welcome was the fact that Deraj was now rearing, his claws extended to swipe at Aila.  When Ekal noticed this, he shoved Aila out of the way and rammed into Deraj, pushing him to the ground as he snarled, his eyes gleaming darkly as he hissed, clacking the bones of his wings together.

"You... you would dare attack Aila?" he asked angrily, his eyes glowing as he snarled as he stood between Deraj and Aila, waving his flame-tail dangerously.  "I have to agree with Aila: give her one good reason why she should not curse you, but I will take it two steps further: you cannot use the excuses that she is your mate or that you are the God of Life."

Yesac glared at An'ama and Lairelithoniel as they stood between him, but he lowered his claws, nodding slightly as he pressed his forehead to An'ama's, offering a rare thing to her--a smile.

"You are indeed correct, An'ama," he said, pulling his head back from hers in shock as he held out his claw for her to take.  "Please, forgive me for acting like that, even if I was defending someone."  Deraj gave a dark scowl as he looked up at Ekal and spat, his claw striking out to grab his neck chain.

"To protect her from you." Deraj said.  "To protect her from having her heart broken again, like I know it will be."

[1.4][2.4][3.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/29/2009 11:41 AM

Aila gave a snarl as she glared pointedly at Deraj, but the look she gave him was also a sad one.  She shook her head as she sighed, turning away from him to look back at Ekal.  She flicked her fire-tail slightly as she lowered her head, tears coming to her blue eyes.

"If I could have ten keystones for every time that he told me that personal vendettas would get me nowhere in life, I'd be a rich lady," she said, shaking her head again.  "And now... he himself is going against the very thing that he told me.  This is not... something is not right here," she said.

"He obviously thinks that you'd go back to Ekal," Lairelithoniel said, walking over to Aila and standing beside her.  "He's obviously scared enough about losing you that he'd take any actions necessary to keep you as his own."

"He never had my full heart.  Only Nyera has... and... so has Ekal." Aila said slowly, and Laire blinked in shock.  An'ama, however, was about ready to fall over from shock when Yesac pressed his forehead to hers, and offered his claw to her.

"I..." An'ama began, her eyes wide with shock.  "Yesac... this is so unlike you.  You've never asked for anyone's forgiveness before--has he, Aila?"

"Nay.  This is a first."

[2.0][3.0][4.0]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/29/2009 2:43 PM

"Aila..."

Ekal said this quietly as Aila turned to look at him, his eyes filled with what appeared to be both questions and confusion.  Deraj, however, drew himself back up to his full height, glaring at the Lavamancer as he drew back a claw to strike her, but Yesac placed himself in between Deraj and Aila, taking the full force of Deraj's attack.

"Why are you doing this?" Deraj asked angrily, his brown eyes gleaming dangerously as the Grim stood there, as though Deraj's attack were nothing.  Instead, Yesac motioned to An'ama, and then, he reared up on his hind legs, stretching his wings as far out as they would go before he roared his response.

"I am doing this because you have done something that you would never otherwise do, but have because your soul has been overcome by unspeakable rage.  Why?  Just because your mate withheld information from you that she saw it fit to withhold." Yesac said angrily, and Deraj lowered his head, trying to contain his rage.

"The power to control one's soul.  You do not consider that important?"

"Are you not the God of Life?  Can you not control people's lives without a crystal?  Aila is allowed to make her own decisions." Yesac said.

[2.0][3.0][4.0]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/29/2009 3:54 PM

"Thank you, Yesac!" Aila said in a frustrated voice, throwing her head back in aggravation.  "Even though you were the last person I would expect to hear that from, I thank you for saying that.  Deraj, Yesac is right for once.  I am more than capable of deciding these things for myself," she said, her eyes filled with scorn as she rose her claw to strike at Deraj, but after a moment, she lowered it.

"No.  I cannot strike you out of pure malice.  I could never do that to you, so why did you almost do it to me?"

"Aila, hon, you know perfectly well why he did it.  He's jealous.  No one could deny that they would be the slightest bit jealous of this situation--especially after seeing how you just looked at Ekal." Laire said.  "In fact, I'm the slightest bit jealous myself--Ekal's just as handsome as you told me he was, minus those chains he has."

"Yeah, he is kinda cute, isn't he, Lairelithoniel?" An'ama asked before she turned and glared at Deraj.  "I might not be a Hunter anymore, but I still have my powers from when I was a Hunter.  I suggest that you don't provoke me."

Aila blushed deeply as she looked back at Ekal, her eyes bright and pleading, and then, as she turned to Deraj, they became the slightest bit blank.  Here, she drew in an unsure breath before she spoke again.

"Can you allow me a little bit of freedom, Deraj?  Please?"

[2.1][3.1][4.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/29/2009 4:47 PM

Deraj sighed as he looked away from Aila for a few moments, shaking his head as the fin on his head relaxed itself.  For several moments, he thought in silence, while Yesac and Ekal looked at him nervously as he slowly began to pace.  Finally, after several long moments, his wings drooped and his head was lowered.

"I know you still posess your Hunter-powers, An'ama.  After what you did to her the first time, I would not dare challenge you again.  It would not be worth it." Deraj said, shaking his head as he looked back at Ekal and Aila.  He stopped here for a moment, thinking before he curled his tail in front of him as a sign of defeat.

"I know I will never be able to fully tame my mate's wild spirit.  She has never truly gotten over life without you, Ekal; regardless of what she says." He cast a somewhat-condemning look at Aila to silence the rebuttal that would doubtless follow after that.  Ekal lowered his head slowly before he spoke, his voice hesitant even though Deraj seemed calmer now.

"I thank you, Deraj.  I will admit that I have never really gotten over life without her, either--I can still see her face in my dreams whenever I close my eyes, and I can hear her heavenly voice as she whispers into my ear--"

"Okay, you're taking it too far," Yesac said, chuckling.  "Trust me, just because Deraj said that doesn't mean you can take Aila from under his nose."

"He took her from under mine," Ekal said, smiling slightly.  "And, as I recall, so did Nyera."

"Aye, you are correct." Deraj said in a dark voice, as though he was loathe to admit that.

[2.1][3.1][4.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/29/2009 7:46 PM

Aila laughed slightly as she gave Deraj a small headbutt before she turned back to Ekal, smiling brightly as she moved closer to him, her eyes sparkling as she approached him.  She smiled slightly as she flicked her tail, the pink flames swirling around her even after her tail had returned to its previous position.  After a few minutes, she moved slightly closer to him, bringing her face closer to his.

"Okay," she said, smiling slightly.  "I suppose we can work something out, but kindly remember that I am doubly-taken.  But..." here, Aila stopped, looking back over at Laire before she turned back to Ekal, summoning more flames so that she could surround herself and Ekal.  She knew that Laire would be suspicious, but she really didn't care all that much.

"You see li'l miss rave over there?" she said, chuckling as she pointed to Laire.  "I can already tell, she's getting onto you.  However... she's my cousin.  I'm warning you now--if you break her heart, I'm gonna break your head.  Okay?" she asked, and as she said this, she dispelled the flames from around them and glanced over at Laire before she smiled back at Ekal.

"What's that smile about, Aila?" Laire asked in a serious voice, but the purple Lavamancer would not answer her.  Laire raised her eyebrow as she shook her head, sighing as she turned to An'ama.  "Why the heck does she have that... crazy smile... on... her...?"

Here, she noticed that An'ama was no longer standing beside her, but she'd gone over next to Yesac, her green eyes gleaming slightly as she held out her claw for Yesac to take, a smile on her face as she lowered her head.

[2.2][3.2][4.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/29/2009 8:15 PM

Ekal and Deraj both blinked at Aila's actions, but Ekal was more surprised because he remembered the whole flame-circle thing that she did.  Whenever she did that, it was a wise idea for whoever was in it to listen to her.  However, he couldn't help but laugh when she spoke Laire's nickname.

"Little miss rave, hm?  Have you caught her at any raves recently?  Wait--don't answer that.  I don't want Firehead to torch me, if she's anything like you." Ekal said, glancing over at her before he nodded.  "Judging from her demeanor, she's been to a few.  A rebel, I'm guessing," he said, laughing slightly.  When she dispelled the flame circle, he quickly nuzzled her before glancing over at Deraj.

"You've got one fine woman there, Deraj--you can torture me all you want, but I'll still always hold her first kiss and a piece of her heart.  So, um... if a Lavamancer with my wings or a Windgill with hers pops up... please don't kill me?" he said, his voice low.  However, he could practically feel Aila swoon and drop after saying that, but Deraj laughed.

"Yeah, I know.  You'll always be her first man, and... I suppose I should be greatful that she even turned her eyes towards me after Nyera found her.  But, nonetheless, I suppose I ought to thank you for opening up her heart."

Meanwhile, Yesac gave An'ama a knowing look as he took her claw, pressing his forehead to hers.  After a few moments, he nuzzled her, remaining silent for now.

[2.2][3.2][4.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/30/2009 11:08 AM

Aila blinked as Ekal nuzzled her, but she did not falter as she chuckled and nodded slightly as Ekal asked about Laire's nature.  She shook her head slightly, thinking about that time when she'd caught the flightless Lavamancer in a rave.  She had been naturally appalled; after all, Lairelithoniel was like a sister to her, and she'd caught her out partying in a place that she herself would rather be caught dead in.  However, she merely laughed as she nuzzled Ekal back before she turned back to Deraj.  Her eyes, however, were not compassionate yet.

"I'll have you know that you're not exactly on my good list now." Aila said sternly, but when she turned to address Laire, she heard what Ekal said to Deraj--about if a Lavamancer with his wings or a Windgill with hers popped up, that Deraj not kill him, and she swooned slightly, falling to the ground with a firm thud.  Laire blinked as she looked down at Aila, and then, back over at Deraj and Ekal.

"I think that the both of you need to watch what you say.  I was Aila's main support through her days as Ekal's girl, and I can't count how many times she wished that she could have his children." Lairelithoniel said, her blue eyes gleaming dangerously as she stared both of them down.  On the floor, Aila merely gave a cough as her tail twitched slightly, an indication that she was somewhere between conscious and not throughout this whole thing.

An'ama blinked as Yesac nuzzled her, her eyes widening as she merely sat there, unsure of what to feel as the skull and horns of Yesac brushed against her skin.  After a moment, she returned the affectionate nuzzle to Yesac, her green eyes gleaming as she placed a claw on his shoulder as she backed away, a small smile on her face as she drew in a breath before she spoke.

"Before... when you asked me to be your mate... I hated you then because of what Aila had told me about you.  But... now, after seeing a different side of you... I am having second thoughts.  If you would still have me, I will become yours."

[2.3][3.3][4.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/30/2009 1:02 PM

Both Deraj and Ekal blinked as Laire revealed this little tidbit of information, and Ekal moved to catch Aila before she hit the floor--unfortunately, a few seconds too late for Aila.  After a few seconds, Ekal turned back to face Deraj, who had a raised eyebrow.  He lowered his head slightly as he cleared his throat.

"Er... I, ah, suppose that she never told you that, either?" he asked, trying to avoid Deraj's eyes as he waited for the response.

"No, she never spoke on it.  Anything she ever said regarding you after your time together was often spoken in scorn and disdain." Deraj said.  "However, considering how I've seen her eyes follow you, this is no surprise to me.  Well, it is a surprise, but... not at the same time, you know?" he asked.

"Yeah, I know." Ekal said uncomfortably, squirming under Deraj's intent brown gaze.  "But, I will have you know that you've no danger of losing her to me--she told me that she's doubly-taken, but that her cousin..."

"Firehead?" Deraj exclaimed, his eyes widening.  "Oh, man; you're gonna have your hands full with her.  She can't seem to stay away from raves.  And... if you thought Aila had a fiery attitude, just wait till you tick Laire off the first time."

"An'ama..."

Yesac said this in shock, his yellow eyes glistening as he looked down into An'ama's green eyes, looking down at her in shock.  It was as though An'ama had just offered him the world, yet Yesac had no idea how to respond to it!

"Why would I not take you?  I've been quite taken by you for a while now, An'ama; since before you were turned into a Paragon..." Yesac said, smiling slightly.  "Of course I will take you--if you'll let me, that is."

[2.3][3.3][4.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/30/2009 3:32 PM

Aila gave a wry smile as she walked over to Deraj, but then, cast a glance back at Ekal.  She thought for several long moments, and then, after much deliberation, she scratched at the floor, humming thoughtfully for a few minutes before she spoke.  When she spoke, her voice was firm and decisive as she held her stance, which was still a little shaky from her startle moments before.

"I propose," she said, motioning for Laire and An'ama to come closer, "a little triple date: myself with Deraj, An'ama with Yesac, and Laire with Ekal."

"What?!" Laire exclaimed, both in shock and surprise.  Aila laughed as she continued.

"I'm, ah... welcome to suggestions as to where to go, so long as it's not Idalani or Roraldi.  And no, Laire, we're not gonna go hit up a rave in the Slums.  That would be, like, the worst date location ever," she said, and both the Lavamancer and the Windgill thought for a few moments.

"There is always Lamenolai, or Nabias." An'ama said, pausing after a moment.  "Any suggestions, Yesac?"

"My suggestion is null and void.  I wanted to go hit up a rave down in the Slums... but there's always other places to go to a rave.  Like, ah... Jawan." Laire suggested as she cast Ekal a sly glance punctuated by a wink.

"Like Jawan, hate raves." Aila said firmly.  "But... I suppose, if you guys aren't opposed to a party, we could come to an agreement."

[2.4][3.4][4.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/30/2009 7:43 PM

"...a rave.  She wants to go... to a rave." Deraj said, laughing as he said this.  He shook his head while he laughed, looking back up at Aila as he said, "You weren't kidding about her nickname.  Li'l Miss Rave..." here, he shook his head again, looking to Ekal with a sympathetic look on his face.  "You are gonna have your hands full..."

"Er... wanna' trade for this date, Deraj?  You seem like you could handle a rave-loving girl a lot better than I could.  No offense, but Aila said that you yourself like parties." Ekal said, looking nervously back over at Aila.  Deraj thought for a few minutes, and then, he nodded.

"Aye, I'm better at handling the partiers than your average Joe.  However, next date, I go with my mate." Deraj said, his eyes stern as he glanced over at Aila, and then at Ekal.  "Understood?"

"Yeah."

"Hey, I'm down for a rave." Yesac said.  "I've got no other suggestions for a location.  Just so long as I don't have to do any soul-ferrying.  Last time I had to do that, I scared off my potential date and she wouldn't even let the bouncers let me in.  Said I was some sort dark sorcerer that would try to take everyone's souls.  They believed her, the scared little pansy."

[2.4][3.4][4.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/30/2009 8:03 PM

"Trade?"

"But... why?"

Aila and Lairelithoniel said this in unison as Deraj an Ekal offered to trade dates for this one time, and Aila shook her head.  She'd arranged this so that Ekal would get to know Laire and so that she could make up with Deraj.  However, she shrugged as she walked over to Ekal, offering a shy smile.

"Please promise me we won't set foot in the rave.  I hate raves." Aila said, shaking her head.  "I only go into them to get her out." Again, she shook her head as she shuddered.  "Too loud for me.  Also, too many bright lights.  That's when I get sensory overload and go into pyro mode."

"Yeah, she nearly burnt down my favorite rave joint one time 'cause I forced her to come along with me, and the lights and noise got to her after a while and she just went psyco.  The bouncers were 'bout ready to knock her out just to get her to stop it." Laire said as she walked over to Deraj, giving him the raised eyebrow look before casting another wink at Ekal.  Aila lowered her head as she took a few steps towards the door, her eyes dark.

"Meet you all in Jawan.  Central square, half-hour from now.  That should be enough time for us to get our human forms prepared, yes?"

"Yeah, I suppose it would be a bad idea to show up in a rave in our Paragon forms..." An'ama said, casting a playful glance at Yesac.  "See ya there, Aila~"

Laire did not say a word; rather, she merely nodded to Deraj, winked slyly at Ekal, then flicked her tail against Aila's arm.  The fire did not scathe Aila, rather, it absorbed into her pink tail-flames.

[3.0][4.0][5.0][The women have left.]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext