A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: Quick! ... I don't know. 8D;; (Hunt; P)

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/29/2009 12:38 AM

(XDD I laughed so hard at your post, Snowy. "Mush is not for thinking!")

"Well... Alright," Calypso said after much thought. She turned around and faced the puddle on the floor, and crouched slightly. Her tails were hung perfectly aligned over her wingblades, all facing the water. The Lucain's eyes began to glow slightly. For once, Aurora was silent. Suddenly, Calypso's eyes glowed brightly and she flicked her tails sharply up into the air. As if on command, the water rose into a large arc that towered over those behind her, and it froze into ice in that possition. The Lucain stepped back to examine her work: a large arc that rose over their heads, bordering the doorway into the next room, made completely of ice.
"Woooow!" Aurora said in her 8-year-old-like voice. "That was awesome!" The Kuhna sniffed the ice, and then licked it. After holding her tongue there for a few moments, Aurora tried to lift her tongue from the arc, only to find that it was stuck. "Uh-oh..." she said, worried. "Mah tun ith sthuck!" Well that was plain to see!

(5) (10)
Level up!

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Wyndhail » 11/29/2009 3:44 PM

Noah instinctively stepped back a little once the ice made a rather impressive arc over the door marking the entrance to the next room. (It didn't do much good, the arch was still basically over him.) The formation sent off a small burst of air more chilled than the temperature of the air around them, though that measurement itself was not particularly high. The medic looked as though he were about to say something along the lines of 'impressive', or at least until he noticed that Aurora's tongue was quite stuck to the previously mentioned ice formation. He had always thought that kind of thing happened in Disney movies, though he had a feeling that just pulling her head away from it wouldn't help too much. If Calypso could turn the ice back into the water that it was before- which he figured she could, it was waterbending not just icebending- that would probably solve the issue.

"Er... Wow." Noah wasn't experienced in this field, either. He had a rather main field of expertise and didn't try to meddle with things that he probably wouldn't get. As such, the medic briskly turned to Calypso.

"Do you think she can pull on it enough to get her tongue off, or should you try and melt it?"

Medics weren't typically called on to pull people's tongues off of things. That would be kind of awkward, though Noah speculated that a lot of them would anyway. They were just nice people like that, and stuff.
get a little closer, let fold
cut open my sternum, and pull
my little ribs around you
the lungs of me be crowns over you
the rungs of me be under, under you

ill cut the soft pockets, let bleed
over the rocky cliffs that you leave
to peer over and not forget what feet are
splitting threads of lightning over me

"Fineshrine" by Purity Ring

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 222
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/08/2009 7:57 PM

Farien giggled, though he was tempted to try it himself. It was a bit too warm in here, and he wanted to cool down a bit. He went up to her without fear and touched a paw pad to the ice near her tongue. Lifting it after a few seconds, he found that his paw was wet.

"She'll be okay," he said happily, licking the moisture off his paw. "The ice is melting because of the temperature in here. It might help if we bring a few candles over to warm the ice. Don't get too close to her mouth though. And we can breathe on the ice around her tongue to help melt it, like this..." he said, and started huffing hot air from his mouth to the ice. Beads of moisture started to rise to the surface, and Farien heard a satisfying plink. "Uhm, since it would probably be better if someone with hands did it... Noah, would you gram the candles?" he asked the anthro with a quick glance at Aurora.

Once they were both distracted, they could make their move and go hunting by themselves.

((Sorry I forgot to come back to this. ;_; Distractions are distracting and sickness is plaguing my home. >3>;;))
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/19/2009 5:29 PM

(EEP! Super late reply. D: So sorry~)

"Actually," Calypso said, "being the waterbender that I am, I can melt this ice just as soon as it was frozen." The blue Lucain stepped back and crouched slightly, focusing on the ice-arch. She raised her tails high in the air, and then flung them downwards. Almost instantly, the ice melted away, drenching the little Kuhna below.
"Mom!" Aurora whined. "You got me wet!" The Kuhna tried to shake herself off, but only succeeded in drenching the others in cold water. Looking back at Farien and Noah, she gave her chest a few embarrassed licks.
"That's what you get for taking unnecessary action," Calypso teased, licking her daughter's fur dry. Looking around, the Lucain cleared her throat. "I, er, suppose we should be moving?"

(6) (11)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Wyndhail » 12/19/2009 5:49 PM

(S'fine, guys. Gives me time for my muse to build itself back up. xD~)

Noah laughed slightly once Aurora made her loud complaint about having cold water splashed all over her, raising an arm up to unsuccessfully stop any speckles of liquid from landing on him. A few small drops of water landed on his glasses, and he took them off briefly to clean them off with a sleeve before putting them back on. Yes, they might as well get out of this room before some other awkward mishaps occured. In a room full of candles and water, yes, there was plenty of room for 'awkward mishaps'. He nodded toward Calypso.

"Yes, I suppose so," the medic stated, glancing down at the puddle of water that was slowly creeping toward his shoes. Speaking of going, the sooner the better, in fact. He looked over at his medic bag to check if it was particularly wet. Thankfully it wasn't, just speckled with a few dark circular marks of water. It wouldn't have done him much good if any large amount of water seeped through. Soggy bandages didn't really tend to work too well, from his experience, and besides that they would be all cold and whatnot. He walked a little closer to the doorway to the next room.

"Well, let's get going."

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/20/2009 9:48 AM

Farien couldn't help it. He always overreacted when something funny happened. But he was hoping that his funny bone would give up on him today.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HEEHEEHEEHEEHEE! AHHHHHAHAHAHA!" his whole body was convulsing with laughter, and he could barely breathe. Wiggling on the floor, he collapsed, doubled over as the laughter made his diaphragm hurt. "Oh dea-- HAHAH!" he snorted, wriggling uncontrollably.

It was a good five minutes before he composed himself enough to stand up again. He felt the water on his pelt, but it wasn't that much-- he shook himself off also, his canine fur letting it glide off easily.

He shuffled his paws against the ground, embarrassed. "Uh, uh... let's keep going. Please."

((... Pathetic. |D;;))

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/03/2010 2:05 PM

(Sorry for the late reply; I had Aurora in a breeding room so I had to finish that first. XD I am allowed to have 1 pet in an RP and in a Breeding room too, right? D8;;)

Aurora and Calypso reeled back slightly at Farien's outbreak of laughter. Once he was done, the two blue creatures exchanged an amused glance. "Right," Calypso nodded. "Let's get going." She led her daughter, who was still a bit wet, into the next doorway, carefully skirting the puddles of icemelt. The next room they came to was even more full of candles. "I believe this room is called the The Halls of Purity," the Lucain mused, looking around at the glowing firelight.
"Wow," Aurora purred. "It's really pretty!" she exclaimed, bouncing further into it. She nearly tripped on a drop-off near the doorway.
"Look out for that little ledge there," she called back to her other companions. "I don't want any casualties..."

(32) (12)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 01/03/2010 10:05 PM

( Yes, you are allowed to. x3 )

Noah looked down at Farien during his laughing fit, bearing an expression that was somewhere between 'confusion' and 'amusement'. Once the Dalma he was accompanying had become less disoriented and recovered, so to speak, the medic nodded and folllowed after Calypso and what was assumed to be her foster daughter or some kind of freak accident that involved turning into a small feline. Personally he found the first option to be somewhat more likely. They did not have to travel long before they reached the next room, the name of which Calypso pointed out to the small party of four.
Part of him thought about how much of a fire hazard this was. Not really to the building itself- for the most or entire part it was composed of not-particularly-flammable stone- but for a person who, you know, stumbled into one or whatever. Hopefully nobody here would be that careless, though part of him was thinking that he had to keep an eye on two certain young people here. Of course, speaking of being careless, he barely heard the warning of a drop-off before he tripped on it. That is, barely, and he managed to step off the ledge without falling embarassingly flat on his face.
"Thanks," the medic offered hastily to aforementioned warning, considering that he would've toppled over if he hadn't actually... you know, heard. His hearing was still quite intact.
Noah glanced around the room, which was done up quite intricately and in a way that made it quite nice to look at. Or, as Aurora had said, 'really pretty'.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 01/10/2010 8:43 PM

Farien nodded, keeping his head down and shuffling his paws. So embarrassed! That was no way for a genius to act. And it was because he was looking down that he stumbled over Noah. "Oh-- sorry! Gods, I didn't mean to trample you like that!" he squeaked, jumping off. His tail hit against one of the many candle holders, but he quickly steadied it between his two tails. It was hard, though, as he didn't have the type of tails a Kuhna or a Lucain might have.

He was being so... unlike what he was supposed to be! He nodded hard, and the goggle he was wearing flapped over his eyes. "Alright! Keep moving along, then!" he barked cheerfully, helping Noah up and letting his tongue loll out a bit. "Hunters are noted to hide in unexpected places... or was it expected? Agh, if only I could run in this place without worrying! I could clear my head that way. Ah well, win some lose some, eh?"

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/10/2010 10:33 PM

"Eep!" Aurora squealed as a candle was nearly knocked over.
"Relax," Calypso said, placing a tail on her daughter's shoulder. "He caught it." She stared around the room for a moment. Besides, this entire room is made of stone, and I could've put it out anyway with my waterbending, she thought to herself.
Farien seems... Off, Aurora mused, observing him trip over Noah. "I dont' know..." Aurora said, regarding Farien's comment. "My friend Sunbeam said he found Zap's Hunter right in the second hall!" She paused when Calypso gave her a strong stare. "Well, he does exaggerate sometimes... Maybe I should ask Narnia himself."

(Failish post~ Sorry. XD)

(33) (13)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 01/12/2010 5:20 PM

(He never fell, but that's okay. 8D; I probably worded something awkwardly or what-have-you.)

Noah watched as Farien steadied the candle, momentarily worried. It could've burned him, which would be far worse than having it simply fall onto the floor. As he had previously recalled, the whole structure of the place was for the most part less than flammable. However, all turned out thankfully well. Farien seemed to be... far more clumsy than he was being previously, or when he had first metaphorically 'run into him'. Perhaps it was true about what the Dalma had said about running? Well, not for him. He tended to get tired easy, that and he was just unhealthy in general. Still, he didn't think it would end too well if Farien ran off ahead, for various reasons. The medic figured he'd just have to keep an eye on what the Dalma stumbled into. Farien had said he was worried himself, though.
Something caught his attention off of this topic, however. So Aurora and Calypso knew a Hunter, or more accurately someone who had found one in the shrine? By the context of it, he figured Narnia was the Hunter's name. Narnia was a place in a group of stories, if he recalled correctly. Clever indeed, if that was the origin of the name.

"So you know about a Hunter? What kind is it? If I heard correctly, there are a few different kinds. Like Obsidian, for example." .. Oh dear, Obsidian. Those were the particularly malicious kind, were they not? Hopefully they wouldn't find one of those. .. Then again, Mekkayena weren't too nice either. Dear me.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/07/2011 9:09 PM

(I know this RP's probably dead, but I'm just posting to say I'm pulling out Calypso and Aurora. If we ever continue this, and I hope we do, I'll use different characters; I've made drastic changes to both of their personalities, so they wouldn't really work as "mother and daughter" anymore~ So yeah, if we're continuing, please contact me and I'll pick one or two new characters; it's really fun to RP with you guys~ <3 8D)

Aurora staggered a little, her eyes drooping. "Mommy? I'm getting really tired..." she murmured, leaning against the Lucain's side.
Calypso frowned slightly, casting a side glance at Noah and Farien. "Maybe it's time we headed home? It wasn't storming when we came here, so I doubt it will be any worse now," she suggested.
Aurora's bottom lip trembled. "B-but I want to stay here! I want to keep looking for Fluffy!"
Calypso sighed softly, then licked her daughter's head. "We just might find your Fluffy yet. Maybe you could come back here on your own? When you're older?"
Aurora blinked at her mother's words. "Mmm... Alright! I just know I'll find a Mekkayena someday!" The Kuhna looked around to Farien and Noah, and gave both of them a huge grin. "Thanks so much for exploring with us," she purred, rushing over to Noah and pressing her forehead against his leg. She did the same to Farien, and padded back to her mother. Calypso nodded politely to the two and guided her daughter away.
"It was very nice meeting you," Calypso called over her shoulder to the two. "Good luck, both of you."

(34) (14)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous