A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

What's Buried, What's Found [P]

Postby Pyris » 12/07/2009 2:03 PM

Atop the frozen steps of Basantha Shrine, Dekeveir waited for Yuke to open the doors.  Just as the space between them appeared, a draft of heat his his face, causing an unusual shiver to run down the Yonyuu's spine.  Yuke stood before him, recovering from the work and waiting for him to give him a command.  "Just go inside and find a warm spot."

Without a word, the Clockwork Yonyuu vanished around the other side of the door.  Cold eyes skimmed the frozen cliffs around him before he, too, went inside the shrine.  The shrine was a fascinating place with many stories just built into it's walls.  Of course he'd want to be here.  He wanted to explore and examine every inch and crevice he could possibly find.  Yuke wasn't hard to spot among all the people inside.  He was the only motionless, mechanical being there, simply staring at the door without even glimpsing around.

This was the way he preferred it.  This was how Yuke worked.

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Re: What's Buried, What's Found [P]

Postby Celtic » 12/07/2009 2:33 PM

Strange, black, dark, odd, and creepy. What an um.. Odd place to be sent to. Not that the Imeut didn't want to go, oh no, this girl was very curious-of anything! She loved to explore, and most of all, this was the best place to start. Stories had accompanied this place, such as strange and horrible creatures that haunted the hallways. Lovely! Maybe she'll see one! But, Deka wasn't here just for that. She was here for the thrill that came with new experiences.

Wait? What was that? Deka saw the silhouette of two creatures slip inside the shrine, all creepy looking and sneaky. Wonder what they were doing! And just like the idiot Deka knew she was, the Tomb imeut leaped across the stretch in between her and the Shrine. Now only if her nails wouldn't click on the stone! Maybe they wouldn't hear her... Deka though refused to slow until she was inside with them, following with a signature click... click

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Pyris » 12/07/2009 2:50 PM

At the sound of someone's claws clicking against the floor, Dekeveir looked in the direction it came from.  To his thrill, it was a Tomb Imuet; one of his favorite species.  Frowning, he realized he hadn't known that about himself before.  He nodded his head at Yuke, then looked at the creature again, signifying the target of his curiosity.

Knowing what the Dreamsnare Yonyuu wanted, he examined the stranger himself.  "It seems she has the intent to observe us," he said simply, mechanically.  Just as he always did, Dekeveir seemed to have not heard him, but Yuke knew better.  He knew the sadistic monster had listened to his every word.  However, once his focus was elsewhere, it was elsewhere and nothing would deter him to look at anything else.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/07/2009 3:31 PM

Oh geez. They had spoted her! Deka's eyes widened like a deer in the headlights and she scrambled to hide someplace. Yet, somehow that didn't exactly work. At all, and Deka managed to slip and skid and fall flat on her face. "Oops."

A small giggle erupted from somewhere along the ceiling before the thing squeaked and hid in a dark corner when Deka turned her head to glare at it, "Oh shut up Mister. Like you've never slipped before." A small little harumph was the reply the tomb imeut from the same mysterious place. Huh. Wonder what it could be.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 12/07/2009 3:38 PM

Dekeveir wasn't sure he wanted to examine such a clumsy specimen, but he was fairly certain that finding another would be very difficult, so he approached the subject instead.  "Hello, little lady," was his greeting, Yuke slowly following in his path.  "And what's your name?"  He seemed nice, right?  Of course he did; he loved all his future projects.

Yuke remained passive, though mentally, he was already mourning the loss of the Imeut's spirit.  Surely Dekeveir's cold heart and cruel experiments would ruin the heart of such a happy creature.  Instead of dwelling on it, he only watched in silence as Dekeveir approached his apparent target.  If he could, he would tell her to run away, as fast as she possibly could, before he caught her.

But he couldn't, so he didn't.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/07/2009 4:05 PM

Deka stood up, lifting her head up high to show her pride. Something was very off about this pair... Outwardly, they were nice and kind, but what about the creepy way they went in, and now this? Strange. "Um... Its Deka... How bout yours?" Okay, the way the clockwork one followed the first was kinda creepy, she couldn't lie. He hadn't spoken but maybe he was just shy... Yeah... Her thoughts were interupted though by a tiny squeak in her ear. Oh, so her little buddy finally decided to come down and play. "And this here is -" The scarab squeaked frantically in her ear. He did not want them to know he was there.

(9Wow... fail post much?))

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 12/07/2009 4:14 PM

It was quick; a small flash of color that swiftly went to the creatures ear.  He'd seen it, or at least his eyes had told him it was there.  It was a bug of some kind; what would Dekeveir do if he saw it?  Since Dekeveir hadn't asked about it, or even if the female had any companions, he felt no need, or wish, to inform the Dreamsnare Yonyuu.  It was the least he could do.

Dekeveir smiled, his grin feeling strange and unnatural on his features.  She'd told him her name, and began to say something else, but stopped.  Suspicious, his eyes narrowed faintly, but he refused to let such a subject get away.  "This?" he inquired kindly, hoping to convince her to finish her statement.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/08/2009 10:46 AM

Oh shoot. Her stupid mouth and his bad timing. They never were meant to be in scaring positions like this one. "What should I say?" She hissed at the scarab hiding behind her ear, trying her best not to move her lips in case he saw. "LIke I know? Make something up!" The scarab retorted, not wanting any part in this 'adventure'.

Deka returned her focus to the yonyuu's standing in front of her, waiting for an answer. "Oh, uh... I usually have a scarab beatle with me and its just habit to introduce him, but he's not here. Doesn't like dark scary places..." There? That was okay right? Hopefully they would buy it. Hopefully.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 12/08/2009 10:58 AM

"I see," Dekeveir replied coolly, his interest still peaked at the mention of the scarab beetle.  However, if the small insect wasn't there, he'd have to make due with what he had.  "I am Dekeveir, and this is Yuke, my assistant.  I'm a scientist, and I've come to research the tunnels of the shrine.  Are you here to explore as well?" he wondered, moving on, but fully planning on making Yuke watch her like a hawk.  Having a handy little experiment by your side was a useful thing.

Internally, Yuke sighed with relief, even though he knew the sadistic creature most likely wouldn't let it drop entirely.  He scanned the Imeut again, just to see if he could still detect the beetle.  It seemed the bug had hidden well enough for his eyes to at least say they weren't certain if there was something with her.  Provided it kept hidden at all times, Yuke wouldn't have to rat her out should Dekeveir question him.

[5]

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/09/2009 12:05 PM

Deka was careful not to change her facial expression as what he said processed in her mind. So, he was a scientest that happened to have a Clockwork experiment as an assistant and they were just 'exploring'. Now maybe she had watched to many movies, but that just spelled creeper/ mass murderer or someone that didn't wish her well at all. Well, she had wanted adventure, why not go along with this guy?

"Um... Yeah, I'm explorin. And it's, uh, nice to meet yah." Deka muttered, losing just a bit of her confidence as she replied to him.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 12/10/2009 10:30 AM

Dekeveir grinned eerily, and prepared for a turn.  "Fantastic," he began, his enthusiasm at having two interesting things to examine rather high.  "Yuke, do keep an eye on our young friend and make sure she doesn't hurt herself or fall too far behind.  I'd hate to loose her in my research of the shrine."

The Clockwork Yonyuu just nodded, waiting for Deka before bothering to move.  He walk nearby her, both to ensure her safety as Dekeveir had asked, and to hopefully warn her to take off while she had the chance.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/10/2009 2:24 PM

Did she mention he was sounding like a creeper? What if she wanted to go the other way? At least he himself didn't bother to keep an eye on her. That would be even creepier, at least this one seemed okay at least... Just a bit more submissive. Okay, well alot more submissive then anyone she had ever seen. It was kinda like that one story... The assistants always seemed so poor and sad, Deka's heart went out to the poor loking soul. Such a sad thing. But instead of saying anything, Deka simply sighed and started walking.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 12/11/2009 1:57 AM

Leering to himself, Dekeveir went directly to the three pathways, uncertain as to which he wished to go down first.  He would use Yuke to scan the area and determine the trail with the most potential, but he wasn't sure if that would disturb Deka any.  "What do you think, Deka?" he asked instead, perfectly content going down the most drab of the halls so long as the Imeut was nearby to observe instead.  He could get all his external examination done right there in the shrine.

That small, tiny flicker that had become his self-awareness clicked inside Yuke's head as he turned towards their new companion.  There was something unusual about the hall beneath the statue holding the mask; he wasn't certain he liked it.  It was definitely to Dekeveir's tastes.  He tried to scan the area around the entrance, but received nothing except for information on the type of stone used in the structure.  This worried him a bit, but there was really nothing he could do about it at the time.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/23/2009 12:38 PM

What..? Wait... Did he want her to choose a hallway? What? Oh dear. He was just a tad bit creepier now that he wanted her to chose. Shooot. Well, Deka wasn't exactly the most decisive person in the world, in fact she had very very little decision skills. But still, there was the creepy hallway, the mildyl creepy hallway and the dull hallway. Uhh... Oh dear. Deka had absolutely no idea so she chose a random one.

"Uhm... I think the middle hallway?" Aka the mildly creepy one. This should be interesting if he past experiences were anything. She was jumpy down creepy hallways and this was not going to help her at all. crap.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 12/23/2009 11:33 PM

Dekeveir grinned a little at the indecision in the Imeut's voice.  He scantily remembered his own voice sounding similar once.  Possibly.  It was hard to tell what was a memory and what was completely made up in his head these days.  Yuke seemed to be doing his job, as he settled just beside Deka and remained passive.

Cautiously, the Clockwork Yonyuu moved as Dekeveir made his way into the dark passageway.  He wanted to say something to the girl, but he wasn't sure what he could, or would say, to her to make her feel more reassured.  He certainly didn't want her to become another crazed experiment of Deke's.  He had to find a way to both relieve her of such an experience, and satisfy the scientist's sadistic urge to experiment on living things.  He turned back before he entered, merely waiting for Deka to either split while she could or tag along.

[8]

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next