A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: What's Buried, What's Found [P]

Postby Celtic » 01/19/2010 11:16 PM

Deka shuddered... What if she was making some sort of mistake? What if... What if he wasn't nice and he was... The imeut shuddered again. It was just the creepiness of the building, these creatures wouldn't hurt her. Deka foolishly calmed herself down. They would protect her, right? If they didn't though, she still had Scarab right? He would get help. No matter how much they said they hated one another in the end it came down to it, they would help. Always. That she knew, she could count on. THough where he could find help, that was a little more skeptical. But still, like the good girl she always was, Deka padded after them, focusing on breathing normally and maintaining solid ground. Meaning, not tripping or anything of the sort that owuld give anything an advantage.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Pyris » 01/19/2010 11:30 PM

Grinning to himself and he walked along the passageway ahead of the pair behind him, Dekeveir was certain this would be a fascinating experience.  He wanted to study the girl first, before he decided on what to do with her.  Yes, he really couldn't wait.  For the moment, she seemed rather clumsy and unstable, walking slowly to keep herself steady.  It was amusing and slightly cute, to him, anyway.  She may not have been his first choice among Imeuts, but she was all he was going to get a shot at.

The aura of ill intent just dripped from Dekeveir's form.  Yuke was sure that whatever he was plotting wasn't good.  The torches along the walls were becoming more spaced apart and the walls seemed to become darker.  "Be careful, Deka," he said slowly, making sure to keep relatively quite.  Sure, Deke could hear them, but he wasn't saying anything that could possibly get him in trouble.  In fact, he was practically doing what the other Yonyuu had told him to.  "I don't know how good your vision is, so if you need to, you can grab onto my tail."  Though the Yonyuu's vision wasn't generally great in the dark, his was perfectly fine, thanks to his special condition.

"If I died today, would you remember me forever?"

"Even if I die...Forever."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 280
Donate

Postby Celtic » 01/20/2010 9:02 PM

Deka felt quite uncomfortable under Dekevier's gaze. She felt like he was studying her like a lab rat or something! But again, that was most likely to be the fact that this place was just oozing creepiness like a thick green gob of goop. Deka shuddered, she reeeally should stop thinking of these things or she would probably end up cowering in a corner trying to get away. But just as soon as that picture flashed in her mind, she was absolutely disgusted with herself. Honestly? Run and hide in a corner? Definately not something she would even pride herself to do. Ever. So biting her tongue, Deka straightened up a bit and cleared her mind of the cluttering creepiness. Though she couldn't remove it from her completely, the least she oculd do was try to act a little less like a five year old human. Geesh. Then the clockwork one spoke, what was his name again? Oh well, and offered to guide her through. Though it was a nice geesture, Deka didn't really think it as neccessary anymore, "Uh.. I don't think I'll need much help. But thanks!" She completely missed the hidden meaning, if there was any, as she was lost in thought. Oh dear, hopefully, it wasn't all that important. Hopefully.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 01/21/2010 12:45 PM

Yuke said nothing; he had nothing to say as he stepped over a particularly awkward patch of ground.  The passages here seemed to be more like caves, but he guessed that was because it was carved into a mountain.  What was it that was said to traverse the shrine?  There were many things he'd read before coming here.  They spoke of sickening monsters who laughed as they drew near, ready to take claim over your remains.  He'd even read a few about a crystalline creature that was nearly invisible at times in such dim lighting.  Whether it was true or not, he wasn't certain.  He vaguely sensed something up ahead, but he was hoping his nerves were just a side-effect of reading all that material.

Dekeveir had heard Yuke's muttering to the little critter he'd persuaded down the hallway.  He almost pitied her, the way his experiment spoke so kindly when he knew very well that he harbored her no good will.  Such a good pet, Yuke was.  Stooping low, he took a sample of the stone floor that had crumbled up.  No use in wasting such an informing trip to the shrine just because something juicy popped up, too.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 01/22/2010 6:49 PM

Deka wasn't sure what to do. These two guys were putting her on edge really, the way they didn't keep up chatter or anything. Just kind of a stony silence that was interupted only by carefully placed pawsteps. Though she did think it was kinda weird that that one took a sample of the rock, what was he, a sceintist? Oh... Well probably. She didn't think it was unlikely, just unusual. Leave it to her to run into a sceintist of some sort on a trip. Her nerves were started to freak though the longer the trek went on, and soon enough thoughts of evil scientists were on her mind again and she wasn't exactly calm, cool and confident. Even though outwardly, her paranoid self kept up that demeanor. Focusing on her footprints like any normal thing or person.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 01/23/2010 12:34 AM

The hallway was widening slowly; a room must have been close.  He didn't want to rush a capture on her and miss out on a chance to explore the shrine, but he also didn't want to lose his opportunity to gain a new experiment by taking too long.  Struggling in his indecision, he hadn't realized he'd wandered too far ahead to hear Yuke's hissed whispers.

His eyes told him Dekeveir was out of range.  If he was ever going to warn the girl off, now would be the time.  He would tell her to run, and that he would chase her, and he would.  He'd chase her for real, hoping he didn't catch her.  "Deka," he murmured softly, hoping to catch her attention from her well-hidden panic attack.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 01/25/2010 2:23 PM

Deka could see Devekeir going ahead, and her nerves began to lay flat again. But only began, she would take a little bit of alone time to recover from her stupid brain playing out impossible situations. Alone time being the key word. She nearly shrieked when the other yonyuu spoke her name.

"Jebeegers! Scare me why don't you!" She muttered accusingly before pausing and actually answering the question in his voice, "What do ya need mister?" Hopefully he wouldn't be wasting her time. And by the way he only spoke when needbe, he most likely wasn't.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 01/26/2010 12:01 PM

Dekeveir peered over his shoulder at the sound of a slight exclamation from his project, and found Yuke frowning at her before looking his way.  It looked as though he were asking permission to speak to her.  The Clockwork Yonyuu had always been a good  experiment, so he gave the creature a nod so that the little Tomb Imeut wouldn't think he was entirely a robot.  He should offer her some semblance of normality, shouldn't he?

Yuke watched closely as his Dreamsnare companion nodded his way and went on about his business.  At least he had some level of trust with the scientist.  Not looking back, he spoke softly, but with seriousness.  "The path seems to be opening up here.  I believe, when we reach the end, Dekeveir will try to capture you."  He didn't want her to run straight away, for that would tip the madman off that he'd warned her.  "When we get there, I'll give you a signal.  When you see it...run."  He wasn't sure how to explain it all to her, and he didn't want to petrify her, but this would likely be his only chance to speak.  "...I will chase you.  I only hope I don't catch you."

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 03/11/2010 1:23 PM

Deka was thoroughly confused. Capture her!? What kinda... Oh wait. Shnap scrackle pop! What if this dude really was an evil scientist?! The imeut's brain stopped working momentarily, causing her to pause. The assistant (who was just like she had assumed, misunderstood) was going to give her a way out. That is if she had the guts to go along with it. Jesus... What if she couldn't run fast enough? What if he caught her? Deka gulped but continued walking, forcing herself to nod and not shiver with fear. She already was a bit skittish with these two, but... Wow. Now she was just plain shaking! But she would go along with the plan... and hopefully she would be okay and Yuke wouldn't get in alot of trouble.

The scarab beetle looked on from his perch. He didn't like his little imeut to be in trouble like this, but he also thought it was a mistake on her part agreeing to him. She should just run right now! After all she was already lost and would most likely turn herself around... This just didn't seem to bode well for anyone.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 03/11/2010 2:35 PM

Something was amiss, Dekeveir could tell.  Something Yuke had said had frightened the girl a great deal.  She was trembling with fear, her steps clumsy with the shaking.  The Clockwork Yonyuu didn't seem affected by it, turning away from her as if he hadn't said anything the least bit intimidating.  He supposed she could just be afraid of Yuke himself, as she had seemed rather uncomfortable around him.  However, he'd never been one to assume, so he'd have to keep a closer eye on the pair.

The pathway was spreading out a bit, allowing him more mobility in his searching.  To his pleasure, he found some unusual stones that emitted a strange glow, along with a few markings along the walls that were really quite fascinating.  Yuke followed silently behind, eyes skimming the area ahead like he had been previously.

Yuke was, to say the least, taking a risk he wasn't certain he could afford to take.  If Dekeveir found out what he was doing, what would the scientist do?  He was, in all rights, completely insane, so anything was possible.  He only hoped that when Deka ran, it looked as though something else spooked her.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 03/11/2010 2:44 PM

Calm. The heck down Deka. Shhh... C'mon. Stop it. Deka took deep breathes. Inhale.... Exhale... Inhale... Exhale. She seemed to be less jittery after breathing a bit, but she was still a bit shaky, not ready to run in the least. Not only that but she was incredibly nervous, and as a result jumpy. Glowing stones didn't look inviting and runes looked it even less. She tried to keep an eye on Yuke but she wasn't sure what to expect. Not like there was a code word or anything like that. She would run when she thought she should run.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 03/11/2010 2:58 PM

It was very sudden when the jagged walls of the tunnel became a smooth entrance with cool paved stone tiles wrapping decoratively around the room.  The candlelight was nearly blinding and seemed to come from nowhere.  A warmth wafted from the candle flames, sharply contrasting with the cold floor.  In the center of the glowing room was a strange symbol, a circle with three lines drawn away from it, as though they were rays of light emitting from the blue orb.  How something with such a dull glow could still shine visibly in such a firelit room was astounding to Dekeveir.  Oh what it would be like to take some samples of it.  "Yuke, examine it, please."

The other Yonyuu stepped forward cautiously, bending low and opening his more mechanical eye more widely to scan it.  With the scientist so focused on him, now would be an opportune time for the Imeut to run, so he pawed at the ground discreetly with one of his hind legs while the other creature was intent on watching his scan.  Once the sound of her feet interrupted the scan, he'd have to chase her, giving her only mere seconds of a head start.  Hopefully she was a faster and more graceful runner than she was a walker.

[14]

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 03/13/2010 12:55 AM

Deka was confused, jumpy and all around nervous. Totally and completely incompetent really, but thank the heavens and the skies above she actually remembered to look for a sign of some sort! Though the candlelight was welcome compared to the caverns and such, the imeut had never felt so chilled to the bone in her life (which has been admittably incredibly short, just y'know throwing that in there in case someone wants to kill her or something). When Yuke started to paw the ground, for a few seconds she just stood there, frozen completely. Precious seconds that she shouldn't have hesitated on, but she was scared, confused and not all sure as to what the heck of a sign she was looking for but now seemed logical, logically. So, finally deciding to take off, the imeut gulped and started to back out when suddenly there was a small squeak from somewhere in the room. That was just enough to make her eyes fly open wide and her feet took a mind of her own. The tomb imeut half-gracefully, half-clumsily scraped her way out of the room, wanting to get away from here as fast as possible.

Running though... Well, it wasn't her strong suit. See, Deka did much better standing in one spot or y'know seeing where she was going. After the light from the luminescent rocks and runes faded out, Deka had no idea where she wa sgoing. There was no light, no way to know if the cave was turning ahead, and so consequently she ended up tripping, scrambling frantically to get up, running into walls and then panicking, always keeping an eye behind her, trying to tell if something fast was coming up behind her. Right now, all she could do was pray to Xu'hai that she was running quickly and Yuke wasn't, because in the end, right now that was her only hope in getting out.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Pyris » 03/13/2010 10:53 AM

The sound of paws scraping slowly against the tile alerted Yuke that Deka had most likely understood his attempt at signaling, so he stilled his foot until she ran.  His scanners were picking up a few readings for him to log, which would give her exactly two seconds' time before he'd react to her scramble.  After that, as long as he was in Dekeveir's sights, he'd have to chase her with all his strength.  Hopefully her little friend could offer her more help than he was able to.  

Dekeveir wasn't watching the Tomb Imeut in the least.  In fact, he had momentarily forgotten her in light of the eerie glow from the center ruin.   However, once she'd taken off at the sound of a squeak, his head had nearly turned so fast it fell from his body.  "Yuke!"  And immediately, the Clockwork creature was after her without a word.

The ground beneath his paws was not kind to his heavy foot steps.  His wings scraped against the sides of walls as he turned a corner too sharp, and jagged edges along the floor he'd been so careful walking before caught his feet as he ran.  It was a wonder if he didn't find the younger creature laying in the floor.  His vision was perfect, even within the dank stone hallways of the shrine.

Up ahead, he could see her, and it worried him to some degree at the blind pace she was setting.  He was gaining on her too rapidly, and he slowed his feet marginally to step more gracefully. If she was rushing blindly, it was quite possible slowing down and watching his foot would gain him more ground.

Pyris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Celtic » 03/13/2010 4:08 PM

Deka was confused, didn't know what the hell she was doing and if dogs could cry, now would have been a reeally great time to. Her paws were getting cut up and even if she had taken procautions she wouldn't have much of a chance. That is until her little bugger of a friend flew to her ear.

"Deka. Deka! Calm down, now is not the time for an emotional freak out. Slow up a bit, find footing and lower your head. God, your father spent weeks teaching you how to run as though you were flying! So get a move on! Remember those tips and get to work. This isn't a cave, this is a field with trees. Close your eyes. I'll tell ya when to open them."

Deka took a shuddering breath, he was right after all, as usual. She really needed to focus right now. She knew she could run and she knew she could run fast. But she couldn't know where she was going. All she had was previous knowledge of the cave which wasn't much. So far she had taken a right, left, right and had been going straight. Easing up her gait into a quick, nonrushed lope, she was starting to gain her ground better. Picturing that field made her instinctly lower her head and her tail downwards, trying to cause as little resistance as possible. The idea was to feel like she was floating and to try and feel when a wall was coming up. Usually it was good because when she started to reach a wall the echo would tell her when presumably to turn. Good in theory, and usually okay to use but that didn't stop her from tripping every once in a while and running into things. It just gave her a slightly better chance.

The scarab though was busy listening for Yuke. The stupid yonyuu was fast and could see in the dark, he could tell. The footsteps weren't far behind and he didn't slam about or crash into anything. Her best shot was if they got a huge long hallway without curves or turns. Though in these hallways that wasn't likely and he was bound to catch her.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's

- e. e. cummings

Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate