A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: [* Out Here, in the Snow? [P] [Hunter/Mekka Hunt]

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/16/2010 11:12 AM

"We just came here looking for shelter!" Nimbus blurted out to the she-Mekkayena, trembling with fear. "S-see, my plane crashed in the storm and Fear here found me, and we both came here because of the weather!" he said, deciding not to mention the fact that they were also on a Mekkayena and Hunter hunt. The little bird was almost vibrating in terror now. Perhaps I shouldn't be saying all this... Nimbus thought to himself, blinking. Could it possibly be a trap?

(Sorry for such a short post. >3>;)

(8)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[9] [3]

Postby Jaykobell » 02/16/2010 8:23 PM

The Mekkayena crawled closer to Nimbus as the Mr. Wilson spoke. She made a mischievous face, with a little hint of amusement in her blue eyes. The little thing was shaking so much, she thought he was about to drill the floor open! Nonetheless, it had been enough to get the bird talking. "Shelter, eh?" she mused, tilting her head at the Mr. Wilson. "And a plane?" She snickered with that chilling hyena-sounding laugh. "A tiny bird like you flying a plane... sure. You told me stuff, so I won't claw you for mocking me, but you better start working on your excuses, birdie." Hah, a plane! A bird didn't need a plane to fly. Obviously, this Mekka hadn't seen the crashed plane, nor had she heard anything from a crash. She did know about the storm, though, but being a fire element, that wasn't much of a problem. The snow would melt on her pelt, and the wind turned into a gentle breeze when it came near her. "But hanging out with a cat pet when you're a bird. Convenient." At least for the feline pet! A little snack following you, hah. With the bird's intentions answered, she turned to Fear. "Well, what about you, pipsqueak?"

Fear hadn't even tried to protect Nimbus. She just stood there, giving the Mekkayena a look of surprise and fright. She really wasn't a fighter, so to fight here would be bad, both for her and for Nimbus. She didn't react when the Mekka slipped beside her to talk with Nimbus directly, and she tensed when the Mekka refused to believe Nimbus's story. She jumped when the Mekka's attention was suddenly turned to her. "A-ah?" she stuttered at first, taken aback. "I-I'm... looking for a H-Hunter," she blurted out, spilling out the beans right away. She didn't want to get into trouble.. more than she already was, anyway. She wasn't very good when it came to standing up to herself.

The Mekka made a face. "A Hunter? Is that what Algernon wants you to find?" She tilted her head to the side, perplexed. "Humph. Whatever. Either way, I still want what she wants. So here's what we're going to do, guys... " She grinned widely as she towered over the two smaller pets. "We explore together and we try to find a Hunter... right? And you give it to me. Sounds good?" Or else... she would eat the bird and have fun with the Kuhna. Pretty much. Whatever other pets or items they would find, though, she didn't care about that. All she wanted was the Hunter, if they got one at all.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/19/2010 9:55 PM

Nimbus was taken aback when the Mekkayena acted as if she didn't believe him. Wait... She wanted to come WITH them?! Nimbus gasped at this and blinked in surprise. So these two, Fear and... That she-beast, the bird thought to himself, Must work under the same boss... "I s-suppose it would be alr-r-right if you c-c-came!" he managed to squeak. Still, he kept quiet about his quest for a Mekkayena. "W-what do you think, F-fear?" The bird, still in pain from the wound on his leg, grabbed onto Fear's tail and yanked himself up onto her back for extra protection, even though it appeared the Kuhna was just as scared, and wiggled anxiously into place. "I mean, it's n-n-not like s-she would cause any t-t-trouble, right?" he said, still terrified. He grinned to try to appear sincere. "S-s-so, what might y-y-your name b-be?"

(Lawl, lot's of stuttering. XD)

(9)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[10] [4]

Postby Jaykobell » 03/01/2010 8:40 PM

This was, well, not very convenient. If Fear didn't bring back that Hunter, and if her sister learned that the Hunter had been snatched up by this particular Mekkayena... Fear couldn't tell which would be worse: getting chewed by the Mekka, or getting chewed by her sister. Most likely the latter, but the former did not sound appealing at all, nonetheless, especially since Nimbus had unwillingly gotten involved into this. And so had Fear, really, but this was another issue altogether.

The she-Mekka gave the Mr. Wilson a look, but she didn't say anything. The stuttering was a good thing, she figured, since that proved the Mr. Wilson would keep low and quiet and do as she wanted. So after that face, the Mekka grinned happily. "So we're set, then." And then she lay down, putting a front paw over the other, giving her that regal look, despite... her very non-regal and forceful character. "Oh, wait. I think you misunderstood me here," she yapped at Nimbus, grinning still. "You guys are going to find the Hunter, sacrifice stuff to him, and then you bring him back to me. I wait here for you guys to come back." She gave a chilling Hyena-like snicker, answering Nimbus's question even before Fear could answer to him. "But I'll be watching you guys. Try to escape, or anything... and I'll catch you, for sure." She narrowed her blue eyes. "So you better bring something back to me." She then paused. "You won't need my name, birdie." She paused again, and seeing as Fear wouldn't dash away, she got up abruptly and yapped. "Off you go!"

That was enough to get the Kuhna going with a squeal, and Fear headed deeper into the shrine, carrying Nimbus on her back. Now they were stuck with doing this, but the one good thing was that the two could talk. Clearly, Fear and the Mekkayena knew each other, and maybe there was even more behind this than just finding a Hunter, for the sake of finding one...
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/01/2010 9:07 PM

Nimbus squeaked as Fear ran forward. He hung on to the necklace around the Kuhna's neck for dear life as they ran deeper into the shrine. "You know," Nimbus whispered, still a bit shaky, "I'm positively ecstatic that that she-demon isn't coming with us." He winked, then whipped his head around to see if the Mekkayena had heard. Thankfully, she appeared to still be there, but she didn't look too annoyed. "So Fear," he murmured. "You... You do know that Mekkayena, right?" He blinked nervously, not wanting to ask any awkward questions that might lead to awkward answers. "I-I mean, she seemed like she knew you... And what was her name?" He snorted with annoyance. "'Birdie,' indeed!"

(10) Level up!

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[11]

Postby Jaykobell » 03/10/2010 6:46 PM

And off they went, Fear running down the nearest hall. The faster she would get away from that Mekka, the better. Things obviously hadn't turned the way she'd wanted, and not only that, she had to drag someone into this whole thing. But... thankfully, there might be a way out of this whole mess.

She was so focused on walking, walking, walking, and walking more, that she hadn't heard Nimbus talking. Her mind had delayed in processing his words, and she blinked. "Huh?" She whipped her head around to try to look at him, but once again, she couldn't spot the bird on her back. "She-Demon...." Well, that Mekka might have just liked that name. The scarier you look, the more you like it, right? "U-uh..." While she wanted to fidget — it was a nervous tic when she was nervous — she was too busy walking, her paws seemingly unable to stop, so determined they were to get away from that Mekka. "Ah, well... Yes. Yes, I do know her..." While her paws couldn't fidget, her tails could; and her ears, too, flicking back and forth. "It's... It's a long story. And... I don't think you'd like to get involved into this..." It was bad enough that Fear was involved into this. But if Nimbus pressed, well... She would spill the beans, if he really wanted to know. Right now, though, she just focused on walking. Maybe they would come across something for Nimbus's leg; which she had also completely forgotten about.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/04/2010 12:31 PM

(I totally forgot about this; without the "view your posts" button I'm pretty lost as far as RPing. XD;;)

"I suppose... Some people prefer being feared rather than being loved," Nimbus muttered darkly, fluffing up his feathers. He stiffened as his leg throbbed, probably from the bouncy stride of the Kuhna beneath him.

"So you do know her," Nimbus said, curiosity eating away his desire to stay out of troublesome personal problems of other creatures. "And why wouldn't I want to get involved?" Well, that was an easy one. He was a tiny bird with a torn up leg, who had no weapons or powers whatsoever and was positively terrified of Mekkayenas. Yep, that's hero material right there. "After all," he pressed, shifting his weight so that he was in a more comfortable position, "it's been a while since I've heard a good, long story."

(11)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[12]

Postby Jaykobell » 05/16/2010 8:02 PM

[ It's cool. xD I couldn't reply myself until now, so it's okay. Personally I subscribe so it notifies me whenever someone replies to one of my RPs. ]

Fear tilted her head at Nimbus's comment. Well, true, some people did prefer to be feared than to be loved. Some could mess with people's perception, and make whatever they wanted come true. Bullying and force were means to that end, she supposed...

Fear tried to look over her shoulder when Nimbus replied to her admitting that she knew that Mekkayena. Of course, trying to look at Nimbus was rather difficult due to him being on her back, but she fidgeted and tried to look at him, nonetheless. "W-well, only indirectly, I guess..." she added, tilting her head to the side. How do you explain things like that? At his question, she once again tried to look at him; once again remembering that she couldn't. "Well, it doesn't have anything to do with anyone..." Fear began hesitantly, wondering if saying things like that would hurt Nimbus's feelings in any way. "It's just between me and my sister and them..." Not to mention, it involved fighting... and stuff. "Story...?" she echoed, blinking as she continued to walk ahead. Still nothing that looked relatively useful to take care of Nimbus's leg. Seriously, no cloth materials in a shrine? Maybe if they tried to look into rooms, hmmm... "Uh, there's not much of a story..." she continued as she tried to keep an eye open for any doors that might lead to a clothing storage or something of the like. "My sister hasn't really told me anything... All she said was that she's after something. And basically, this bunch is following her around and they want what she's after." She paused, blinking. "That's really all I know."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/20/2010 7:49 PM

"She's after something?" Nimbus murmured, bobbing his head up and down in thought. Deciding to drop the obviously delicate subject, the Mr. Wilson surveyed his surroundings. "Hey! We could use that," he exclaimed, stretching a wing toward an altar of some sort covered in a red cloth. "Though... we'd have to rip it..." he muttered sadly. "Er... we can keep looking," he said, looking forward once again.

(Failpost. D:)

(11)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[13]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/02/2011 8:21 PM

Fear stopped in her tracks when Nimbus mentioned they could use "that." "Use what?" she asked as a rhetorical question, as she spotted the cloth right as she asked the question. "Oh! That should be good," she said as she nodded and walked over to the altar. She had claws, so the ripping part probably wouldn't be too much of an issue. "Hang on," Fear warned as she latched onto the cloth with her claws so she could start ripping it up. It wasn't the easiest thing to do, but some time and frustration later, the Kuhna had managed to rip apart a small piece of the cloth.

She sat down and sighed, glad it was done and over. While the cold might help Nimbus's leg, it wouldn't stop the bleeding or stop it from getting infected. Neither of them knew about the Shrine, so what if there wasn't a storage for cloths? It could be dangerous for Nimbus. "You can get down, and I'll wrap it up around your leg," Fear proposed before pausing. "As... As well as my paws can wrap it, I guess."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: [* Out Here, in the Snow? [P] [Hunt]

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/02/2011 8:57 PM

Nimbus held on to Fear's necklace with his beak as she tore up the cloth. "Great!" he chirped happily, shifting so that he could hop off her back. Nimbus wiggled off of Fear's back and hit the floor with a dull plop. "Ugh..." he muttered, positioning himself so that his bleeding leg was outstretched. "Thanks," he said, bobbing his head up and down twice. "I can hold it with my beak, if it helps." He was such a tiny bird. This will be tedious, he thought, clicking his beak with worry.

(12)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[14]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/07/2011 11:41 PM

Fear turned around and gasped when she heard Nimbus falling down with a plop. "Oh! Was I not low enough?" She'd never carried someone on her back like this, so the whole thing was new for her. Getting the hang of things was never easy, was it...?

When Nimbus stretched his little leg, Fear put the cloth over the injury and used her paws to do most of the work. She frowned unhappily as the cloth refused to cooperate with her. She unsheathed a few claws and used them to manipulate the fabric. Since they were thinner than chubby Kuhna toes, it was a bit easier to use her claws. They got caught in the fabric now and again, forcing Fear to twitch her claw out of the cloth, but for the most part, the idea was somewhat clever. "Ah, no... It's okay... I've got this..." she assured Nimbus when he proposed to help. Her tongue stuck out by the corner of her mouth, a human habit of hers. Almost got it, she told herself as she slowly finished wrapping the cloth around Nimbus's leg. Just a small knot to seal the deal, and... there! "Ah!" She threw her paws up in the air a little bit. "There you go. Does it feel okay?" It was hard to really apply force with the claws, so maybe the knot was a little bit loose... but if anything, it was taking care of Nimbus's leg now.

As the scene went on, sounds could be heard now... Soft, quiet whirring, as if gears were shifting somewhere... And it felt like a presence was observing the two small pets there.

[ Hope you don't mind if I spice it up a little.~ Good spicing, this time. xD ]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/11/2011 2:42 PM

(Spice is nice~ So spice away! oDo)

Nimbus flexed his little bird claws, then bobbed his head. "Oh! Why yes, that's much better," he chirped, standing up and stumbling on his hurt leg a bit. "Well, I probably won't be able to walk anytime soon, though. But that should help the pain." Nimbus was just about to climb back onto Fear's back, when something stopped him. And odd noise reached the bird's eardrums, something that reminded him of a machine. "F-fear? Did you hear that?"

(13)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[15]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/13/2011 1:16 AM

Fear watched as Nimbus tested his leg and the bandage, and it seemed like the Mr. Wilson was fine. At least, as fine as an injured Mr. Wilson could be. A quiet purr resonated in Fear's throat, out of relief. "That's good! At least we know that you won't get any worse as we try to look for those wild pets," she meowed with relief, with her tails flickering a little behind her. Even though she didn't quite know Nimbus personally yet, she got attached to others rather quickly.

She had already laid down to allow Nimbus to climb back onto her back when the Mr. Wilson stopped. Fear looked at Nimbus with a questioning look, and her confusion only progressed when he asked if she'd heard anything. "N... No..." she replied quietly, growing nervous. "Did you?" Just as she asked, her ears pricked as she heard something. It was very faint, but there was definitely a sound coming from... nearby. She swallowed nervously. "Ah, I think I hear it... a faint whirring sound..." But this place was a shrine; how could they be hearing something like cogs ticking and gears whirring? "You... want to check it out?" Maybe it was just a very big, old clock laying around... Or maybe it was one of those Mekkayena things. Eek. Then again, that Chaotic Mekkayena hadn't resonated with sounds like that, so it couldn't be a Mekkayena. Fear sighed with relief, but she was still worried something dark could be lurking in the cold shrine...
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/13/2011 11:38 PM

"Er, well..." Nimbus considered the thought of going in search of an unnatural sound. It sounded something like a machine. He loved machines, and was quite comfortable around them. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check it out," he finally said, hobbling over to Fear and climbing onto her back. "After all, curiosity would probably eat away at me until I was nothing more than a pile of feathers. A pile of feathers, I tell you! Ah, curiosity will to that to you, you know?" He finally paused to take a breath, and to steady himself, as he was beginning to slip off. "Well then, off we go, to investigate this strange and mysterious sound."

(I've tweaked Nimbus' personality just a teeny bit, and made him a little more of a jittery chatterbox. XD So that's why he's talking so much~)

(14)

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext