A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

[16]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/14/2011 2:04 AM

Fear tilted her head at Nimbus's logic. Ah, what about that saying that curiosity killed the cat? And she was a cat! Still, that sound couldn't be coming from the shrine. It had to be something modern, like a machine or a robot. Fear sighed, her voice shaking with anxiety. "I... I guess so," she finally admitted, getting up after Nimbus had gotten on her back, and heading off on the trail of the strange sound.

Being a cat, Fear used her sharp hearing to find the source of the sound. With slow, light steps, the Kuhna's ears turned and swiveled as they followed the sound. Fear walked through a hallway and took a few turns here and there before the two reached a small door. It was old and made of wood, with joints that needed changing. The knob had been ripped away by force, it seemed, since there was a big hole in place of a door knob, and said knob couldn't be found nearby. "It's coming from in there..." Fear said, ears swiveling forward, the sound loud and clear. She stood up on her hind paws and reached for the hole, and she pulled the door to open it up...

The door opened to a closet, with a Rabbot OP1 resting inside. It was sitting, but slumped in an awkward position, its arms laid out weirdly by its sides. Its head looked like it was about to fall off, and it was now loud enough to hear the whirring whistling into an endless loop. The Rabbot's neck was ripped open, some of the wires disconnected. It was in perfect shape beyond those few quirks, so if the wires got reconnected, the Rabbot would probably work...

"Wh... What is that?" Fear asked, staring at the Rabbot OP1 with confusion.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [* Out Here, in the Snow? [P] [Hunt]

Postby zapdragon555 » 01/28/2011 7:23 PM

"Gracious!" Nimbus squeaked in surprise at the strange machine-like creature. He wriggled off of Fear's back and hobbled up to the blue thing, stretching his neck up to get a slightly better view. Though it didn't make too much of a difference, given his size. "It looks to be some sort of machine," he said, brightening. He cocked his head as several of the disconnected wires caught his eye. "Broken, perhaps?" He loved machines, and he also loved tinkering with them, so this was certainly an exciting surprise for the little bird. Nimbus thought for a moment, muttering softly to himself as he studied the wires, and then gave a rather annoyed huff. "Fear," he began, looking up at the Kuhna. "Do you think you could lift me up closer to that thing's head?" The bird hopped awkwardly over to her, and started to climb up using one foot and his beak. "But first I'll need to get back on, of course. If you stand on your hind legs and place your forepaws on that thing's shoulder, I should be able to reach it just fine."

(Sorry for the odd post. XD;; My mom's making me get off.)

(15) Level up!

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: [* Out Here, in the Snow? [P] [Hunt]

Postby .:Random Event 2:. » 02/09/2011 12:03 AM

A quiet gust of breeze from upstairs flowed down into the halls below, gently stoking up the stagnant chilly air, before falling back into stillness. Someone above - a monk perhaps - had perhaps held the door open for a bit too long, before shutting it again and shielding the building from the snow. The wind had also seemingly stoked up a small wind chime, whose quiet tinkles could be heard, even as deep as the Mr. Wilson and Kuhna were.

Even so, if it felt at all like the pair were being watched the feeling would have dissipated as the wind did.

((Just posting to say that you were unsuccessful in your efforts this time around. However, I should let you know that you are still able to have the oppertunity for the Wild Pet, so long as this stays active =) Keep trying~ ^__^ ))
Season in Effect: None
Activity: Active, awaiting hunts.
Most Recent Dossier: Lost Guardians
Discovered Pet Count: 40.9%

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event 2:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 883
Donate

[17]

Postby Jaykobell » 02/14/2011 4:54 PM

[ Gawd, RE2, you're such a jerk. >c Not giving us a super awesome PET! I bet you're BIASED. >:C ... Just kidding. c: <3 ]

When Nimbus got off her back, Fear blinked at the little bird and wondered why he seemed so excited. Seeing him wobble on a single leg reminded her of when she found him outside by his crashed plane. He liked this sort of thing, right? Machinery and making things work. She tilted her head as the Mr. Wilson observed the Rabbot. Why was that kind of modern-looking creature here?

And then, Fear's ears pricked when she heard something from above; a few jingles, or so it sounded like it. She looked over her shoulder for a moment, and she only snapped out of it when Nimbus spoke again. "Huh?" she blurted out as she turned back around, blinking. "Oh, uh... Getting up. Right." Once Nimbus had settled himself securely on her back, Fear walked closer to the Rabbot and slowly got up on her hind paws, so Nimbus wouldn't fall.

The wires had obviously been teared apart in a rush. Only a few had been sabotaged, so if the wires got reconnected properly, the Rabbot would probably work. The rest of the machinery — at least, the area around the ripped wires — looked intact. Had this Rabbot been shut down purposefully? Whoever had done it just needed the job done quickly, from the looks of it.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Previous