A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: Ice and Metal (OPEN Hunter/Mekka Hunt)

Postby Feint » 03/31/2010 3:47 PM

((whoa, I never got an email notification. I'm sorry, I should've had one.))

Golem nodded reassuringly at Jessica. I heard one faintly, growling in its sleep. We shouldn't wake it, but there might be others in its presence that would be willing to grant us an audience, she lied casually, hurrying her pace. Ghosts tended to be fast-moving, so she needed to catch one by surprise if she planned on catching one at all. She hadn't been worried before--their travel party had been reasonably quiet--but Desdemona's sudden nervous breakdown was making too much noise to do any surprising. Irritated, Golem pushed on even faster, nearly leaving the two behind in the cold and dark.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/31/2010 4:14 PM

((IT's OK. Just glad to know you didn't get eaten... Or I didn't scare you off with my confused and bemused ramblings about editing the stuff I misread. o.o;))

Desdemona noticed Golem sprinting on ahead. "W-w-wait! Don't leave us here! We'd be all alone... in the dark..."

"Oh," Jessica wondered. "I didn't wanna, like, wake anybody up or anything... Are you sure this is OK, miss Golem?"

"Ahh!" Desmona jumped. "See, there? She thought-said, we won't wake it... there'll be another willing to grant us audience. I think she said that. Good. We'll be alright. We'll be alright! Right?"

"Right."

[9]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Feint » 03/31/2010 11:46 PM

I won't leave you, Golem said slowly, Not far or for long. And I meant we shouldn't wake it, as in, that would be a very bad idea. I speculate that we could probably find another Hunter dozing lightly nearby as a sleeping-guard who might give us audience. As she explained, she slowed her pace so that the two could catch up to her. No sense leaving them in the dust, not quite yet. However, as she squeezed under a fallen pillar that the two paragon could easily clamber over, she heard, quite definitely to her specially gifted ears, the moan of a powerful and desperate ghost. Oh, you'll be fine all right, Golem thought greedily to herself, markings pulsing more intensely with her rising lust of blood. She caught a glimpse of her glow in the wall and quickly calmed herself down, not wanting to alarm her travelers. Almost there, she called back sweetly, darting on ahead and, for the moment, out of sight. Just around the corner here. And then she was gone.

((ooc--she'll be back soon, just getting away for the moment to have a nice chat with Mr. Dead Guy.))

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/31/2010 11:53 PM

Desdemona visibly trembled when Golem left. She edged closer to Jessica. Jessica, for her part, didn't seem to be all that impressed. She didn't seem scared, or excited--she merely looked bored. Even when a strange, decidedly unearthly wail kicked up, she simply stared forward, her face an impassive mask.

Desdemona was shuddering. "W-w-what's that?! Where did she go! You... you don't think she's... eating someone, do you?"

"...Eating someone?" Jessica was confused.

"Well, I just thought... you know... It sort of sounded like someone... never mind."

"Come on, let's follow," Jessica said. "We can hop over this." Jessica pulled herself over the barrier. Swallowing anxiously, Desdemona followed.

[10]

((OOC: Yes, Desdemona can faintly hear it too, but probably not as well as Golem can. Dezzie's mom had the ability to travel into the spirit world, and Dez has a little bit of Spirit Sense in her.))

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Previous