A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

D}.ance {with} {the} D}.evil [Self RP]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/18/2010 1:34 PM

Shetan
{22 posts; Level 5}

The dark pillars of the Halls of the Lost loomed menacingly in the barely visible light given off by the tiny hole in the ceiling. The only sound to be heard in this desolate hallway was the sound of lonesome hoof beats. It almost sounded like the haunting footsteps of someone such as the Headless Horseman, or some other mythical form. Of course, it wasn't that far from the truth with this brute. A red equine form picked his way carefully through the hallway, ever-burning eyes flickering so lightly from within those pools. The Blaze Penticorn did not know how exactly he got here; in fact, he didn't know how he would get out, but here he was in the Halls of the Lost, and he was just that: lost. Not only was Shetan lost in this shrine, he was as well lost within himself. The ever raging war within him was tearing him apart and the equine knew sooner or later, he would lose this battle.

Alone for now, Shetan stopped at a strange mark on the wall, staring at it with hollow eyes. In all honesty, the brute did not know what he was looking at, except that for some reason he felt it pertained to him and his state. He felt eerily attracted to it, but at the same time, he wished to get away from it. It was then he realized it was the symbol of the cursed. Although he was not branded the color and markings of a cursed color, Shetan surely was a cursed brute. Cursed with the spirit of his father. Cursed to dwell with this pain. Cursed with everything his father ever had done. Closing his eyes and turning his head away, Shetan refused to look upon that mark anymore, but it was already seared into his brain; an image that would haunt him forever, marking him as the cursed one he did not want to be.

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Re: D}.ance {with} {the} D}.evil [Hunter Hunt/Self RP]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/19/2010 11:20 AM

Junsei
[1 Posts; Level 1]

She didn't know why she had come here. The Purine equine had no reason to be here, really. Never in her life had she been to the Basantha Shrines and never had she thought she would, but oddly enough something kept bringing her to places such as this. It was a strange feeling; it would overcome her and lead her to the most mysterious of places. But she never thought she'd be picking her way so unsteadily through the Halls of the Lost. The Purine's pure white body, trimmed with blue, stood out easily in the dim light, but her clear, blue eyes stood out the most; full of uncertainty but still holding the determination to continue on. The Halls were quiet, dreadfully, dreadfully quiet. And what made it worse was that she could only hear her hoof steps beneath her, and nothing else. Occasionally, she'd hear a scuffle or a drip of water, but it would be swallowed by the darkness and silence would reign again. Eyes searched the darkness for any actual reason as to why she had come here, but these dark walls gave no answer easily.

Junsei stopped short after a moment of walking, ears pricking forward to what sounded like hoof beats ahead of her. The Purine Penticorn couldn't help but wonder who else could be here... but it also scared her, thinking who else could possibly be here in this dark place? With quiet hoof steps, the mare approached the sound with something urging her from within. Junsei couldn't explain it, but something told her she had to go see what was making that sound. As she drew nearer however, the hoof beats stopped and so did she. Junsei could still hear someone just up ahead. Peering from the darkness, using a tall pillar to hide her bodice, the mare searched through the dim light and her eyes fell on a Blaze Penticorn. At first sight, she felt something strange about this brute. His back was turned to her, so she could not see him very well, but then she saw something that struck fear through her. Like an aura around the brute, a wisp of a fiery red glow rose from his body and a mutilated, demonic Penticorn spirit rose from the red Penticorn's body, skeleton like wings grotesquely protruding from his back. The demonic form suddenly turned with fiery burning eyes and stared at Junsei with the sickest of smiles. Junsei couldn't help but let out a terrified gasp as she clambered backwards into the darkness, only to run into a wall. Her body was trembling with fear and now she felt that she couldn't move, no matter how much she wanted to run away.

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/19/2010 11:32 AM

Shetan
{23 posts; Level 5}

The Blaze Penticorn never thought he was alone. The truth of the matter was that he never was alone. Within him lie that beast that dared haunt him, and yet he couldn't do a thing about it. As the cursed symbol burned into his cortex, he heard the haunting laughter of his father within him; that demonic sound that cursed him everyday. And then, he heard the distinct sound of another being in this place. Ears pricked to the sound of fear from behind him and the brute turned his head to see what had much such a sound. Shetan could sense the fear that radiated off this being, and it was something he wasn't used to so early... meaning, Shetan understood why beings feared him, but normally they had to see what happened when his father took over. The Blaze equine stepped quietly forward, eyes searching the darkness as he walked slowly and steady around the pillar, and that is where he saw her.

Shetan watched her with those soft, ever-burning eyes. He could feel her fear; see it in her eyes. She was trembling, just standing there up against the wall, staring at him. Shetan did not understand why. Surely he hadn't done anything to scare her so badly. Making sure to keep his distance for her sake, Shetan stood quietly by the pillar, watching her with blank eyes; studying her. Shetan wasn't sure what to say to her, or how to speak with her. She was afraid obviously, but why? What had she seen in him to strike such fear into her?
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/20/2010 8:40 PM

Junsei
[2 Posts; Level 1]

For a long moment, the mare stood quietly with her rump against the wall, trembling, and also hoping that the brute hadn't noticed her. But she knew he had. The noise she had made trying to get away was far too much for anyone to ignore, and sure enough the brute came around and was staring at her with eyes that seemed burn from within. Junsei had never seen such eyes. They seemed to hold a small, ever-burning flame from within them, never dying out. The equine felt another wave of fear rush through her as she stared deep into those eyes. Junsei did not know what to do or where to run. She didn't even think she could run. Her mind screamed for her legs to move but her muscles refused to listen and she was frozen in place. But the brute made no advancement on her, and stood on the other side of the pillar without a word. After a long moment, the fae finally managed to choke out a threat, "S-stay away from me!" Her voice started out shaky but turned into a near scream as she finished her sentence. The sound of her voice echoed off the walls and soon dissipated into nothing, joining the darkness just as Junsei feared she was about to do.

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/21/2010 10:49 PM

Shetan
{24 posts; Level 5}

The red brute could feel her fear; sense it. She was terribly afraid of him. It hurt Shetan to see her so afraid, but it also made him wonder why? Surely he hadn't done nothing to this poor fae. He couldn't recall doing anything to her. But that was the problem with his demon; Shetan couldn't remember when something happened after certain... situations. He tried to think of something to do that would show her he meant no threat, although he hadn't attacked her yet so that must have been obvious. S-stay away from me! Her haunting shriek nearly left Shetan cold. She was deathly afraid of him! Shetan watched her quietly, taking in every aspect of her and then he took one gentle step forward, wanting to help her see he was not going to hurt her. It's alright. I won't hurt you. Shetan nearly cringed at this lie. He could never guarantee anyone that due to his father's spirit. When being possessed, anyone was fair game to be hurt, or worse killed.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/23/2010 11:38 AM

Junsei
[3 Posts; Level 1]

Wide, fearful eyes would not remove themselves from the Blaze, unknown of what to do or how to react. Her plea towards him was well ignored, as the brute took one step forward. Junsei felt herself pushing against the wall with all her might, as if she could actually break through those walls and escape from this... being, whatever he may be. And then, the brute spoke to her. It's alright. I won't hurt you. His voice, it was so quiet and calm, but she could sense something else behind that voice. Someone else. Junsei's eyes searched him over, darting over every part of him as if trying to find out what he was hiding. She could still see an eerie flaming glow around him; it would fade and disappear all of sudden, only to return a few moments later... Junsei had never experienced this before. She discovered that when she blinked, the glow would be gone as soon as her eyes would open and then fade back into view. It scared her from the inside out as to what was the matter with this brute. Something was, but she just didn't know what. Actually, Junsei was pushing away the thoughts of what could be wrong with him. She was afraid to pursue such thoughts, afraid of what she might find in this brute. But even though she was so afraid of him, just by what she saw, his actions had gave no rise for her to be afraid of him. Not only that, he had reassured her that he wouldn't hurt her. Perhaps there was more to what she saw... Junsei could be dreaming... imagining? Not so vividly, but she had seen strange shapes and wisps before, only to pass them off as a trick of the eye. Could this be the same?

Junsei was still afraid, there was no denying that but just standing here trembling wasn't doing a thing in the world good. She needed to talk with him; find out what he knew about himself. Or maybe if she was just hallucinating, he could reassure her of that. Still not brave enough to step forward, the Penticorn swallowed before gathering her strength to speak. "Why are you... Glowing? No... What is... That thing I saw? No... Are you okay?" Junsei finished with concern, wondering if this brute was actually okay. What she saw surely didn't look okay... And if it was something attached to him or within him, it surely didn't mean a good thing.

Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/28/2010 11:42 AM

Shetan
{25 posts; Level 6}

Her fear could not be hid, not that she was trying to hide it anyway. This Penticorn was truly afraid of Shetan, and for reasons Shetan could not understand. Only in his 'state' did anyone ever really fear him. The red Penticorn peered closer at the fae, watching her ever move; her every flick of the eye. He noticed that she was studying him, testing her own eyes against him. It was as if she didn't believe what she saw. Shetan didn't understand this; surely she knew he was real and standing before her. He wasn't some figment of her imagination that had just appeared out of no where. She was standing before him and he was standing before her. They were both there and both very much alive and real, but she still seemed so unsure about him. And then he spoke to Shetan, explaining everything.
"She saw me..."
"What? How can-"
"She can see me..."
"But how-"
"She has a gift... but she doesn't know it. She is afraid of me. Heheh... we should give her a reason to fear me..."
"Shut up! Just shut up! I don't want to scare her anymore! Leave me alone! Go back to that pit you call home! Leave me be!"
"Oh, I'll let you talk to her in peace... for now... but, listen boy. You know as well as I that you can't keep me locked away forever. I'll come back, and you won't be able to stop me."
Shetan closed his eyes as he felt the fires of his father subside within him... for now. He knew they'd be back, but perhaps now he could speak with the trembling fae, but before he could say anything to her, she spoke to him. Why are you... What is... Are you okay? Shetan was surprised at the amount of concern in her voice. Sure there was still the fear there, but she was actually concerned for him. The red Penticorn couldn't believe that someone would actually be concerned for the likes of him, but she seemed to have some amount of worry for him. After a long moment of silence, Shetan's ever-burning eyes never leaving her, he finally responded. "I think the concern more lies with you... Are you okay? I didn't mean to frighten you..."
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/30/2010 10:57 AM

Junsei
[4 Posts; Level 1]

The more she looked at him, the less threatening he seemed. Whatever it was that was causing the glowing around him had subsided and now stood a relatively normal looking Penticorn ahead of her. Junsei could not make sense of it all, so she still kept her distance with her rump against the wall, halfway hidden by the dark. "I think the concern more lies with you... Are you okay? I didn't mean to frighten you..." Junsei did not get an answer for her question, but instead had it thrown back at her. She stood unsteadily, watching the brute with question in her eyes, the fear slowly subsiding. She could no longer see what she was afraid of in this brute... but that haunting image of whatever it was that was radiating off of him kept forcing itself back into her mind. Finally, after a long moment of silence, Junsei was able to answer the male. "I'm sorry if I offended you... I-I just thought... I saw something..." Junsei's eyes were unable to meet those of the brute as she spoke, as if ashamed of herself. "I am sorry for the way I have acted..." Straightening herself up, Junsei looked to the brute and took a step forward, saying. "I'm Junsei."
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/17/2010 7:33 PM

Shetan
{26 posts; Level 6}

"I'm sorry if I offended you... I-I just thought... I saw something..." The Blaze brutes' eyes lowered to the floor, knowing that she hadn't just thought she saw something... she had seen something. The one thing he tried so hard to hide from everyone: him. As Shetan looked back to her, he could tell that she would not meet his eyes, and orbs softened at this realization, wanting more to comfort her and tell her everything was alright, even though he didn't even know her name. "I am sorry for the way I have acted..." The brute was quite taken back by this and tilted his head with a surprised expression, he wanting to be the one to apologize to her considering he had scared her so bad. Finally, the fae looked him in the eyes and took a brave step forward, he finally learning her name. "I'm Junsei."

With a soft smile, Shetan nodded his head in proper greeting to the fae, replying with his own name. "I am Shetan." Stepping back while lifting his head, the brute looked to the fae with the kindest of smiles. "And I am the one to apologizing to you, Junsei. I never intended for you to be frightened. Are you going to be alright?"
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/17/2010 7:42 PM

Junsei
[5 Posts; Level 2]

Junsei tilted her head at the politeness of the brute. He didn't at all seem like the intimidating figure she had seen earlier. In fact, she felt rather comfortable around him... but at the same time, she could not shake the image out of her head that she had seen of this brute. She couldn't help but remain cautious about him. He even spoke his name with such politeness, showing a small bow with his head. "I am Shetan." Shetan. So she finally had a name with that face. The name was unique, much like her own and she liked his name. His smile was just as soft and sweet as his voice, and Junsei couldn't help but smile as he was, but what he said next drew up the fear in her again as she remembered that haunting image that had scared her. "And I am the one to apologizing to you, Junsei. I never intended for you to be frightened. Are you going to be alright?" After a moments' hesitation, she managed a reply. "Ah... I-I'll be fine. I promise." As she managed to process his question more, she looked at him with a rising suspicion, unsure if she could trust this brute or not. "Um... 'intended' to frighten me... Do... do you know anything about... what I could have saw?"
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 11/02/2010 7:55 PM

Shetan
{27 posts; Level 6}

The brute could tell he had really frightened her, even if it was unintentional. Shetan hated to see her so afraid, and so he kept himself as calm and as gentle looking as he possibly could, but even then it didn't seem to break her fear. She wasn't just afraid of him, she was terrified. "Ah... I-I'll be fine. I promise." Shetan was a little less than hopeful with this statement; she didn't seem like she'd be fine, but, none the less, Shetan managed a soft smile and nodded his head gently in reply. But then, she brought forth a question that brought back the reality that he had made a mistake in his word choice. She was now suspicious. "Um... 'intended' to frighten me... Do... do you know anything about... what I could have saw?" Shetan's softness fell and he took a slight step back, his eyes searching the fae. Yes, she had seen him. His father had not been lying. Shetan had been found out. Lowering his head, Shetan turned slightly away, his gaze no longer able to fixate on her. His eyes, normally so well at hiding the pain and suffering he endured, showed clearly as he stared at the dark floor beneath him, his tail slowly dropping until laid on the ground behind him. The brute looked quite beaten. The temperature in the room seemed to grow so very cold, so cold that the breath of the brute could be seen, and even more so when he spoke. "So it appears he didn't lie... You saw my tormentor... The thorn in my flesh that digs deeper with every passing moment."
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 11/02/2010 8:05 PM

Junsei
[6 Posts; Level 2]

There seemed to be so much more to this brute than she had seen, but Junsei couldn't let her fear go. What she had seen was clearly demonic. It was evil, and it struck a fear in her that she had never suffered through. But in her heart, something told her that this Shetan needed her help. She didn't know why she felt this way, but she could just feel it. And even though what she had seen seemed so very evil, Junsei could not convince herself that Shetan was evil. He didn't seem at all like the creature she had seen, but Junsei was not one to be fooled. Either he really was a good soul, or a very good actor.
At her question, however, Junsei saw a dramatic change. The brute seemed to try to shy away, as if trying to hide his truth, but he did not run. Like a beaten, broken soul, he submitted, lowering his head and tail and revealing that there was much more than Junsei had seen. Her frightened eyes softened, and the mare looked into his eyes, even if he wasn't looking into hers. The pain and torment was so very evident, and Junsei knew he was not lying or decieving her. He needed her help, but just what could she do? Before Junsei could think of a response, she felt the air grow bitter cold. She could see her breath come out in foggy clouds, as well as his. Junsei wondered how this was possible, but the question was soon lost when his even more chilling words were uttered forth. "So it appears he didn't lie... You saw my tormentor... The thorn in my flesh that digs deeper with every passing moment."
The mare drew back, slightly with confusion at his words, but that confusion was soon overtaken by sorrow. His tormentor. That was who Junsei had seen. It did not give her the full story, but it told her, and further solidified in her mind, that Junsei needed to help him. She didn't know how or why but she knew she would. After a moment of silence, Junsei grew brave, her fear disappearing. Quietly, she stepped forward, her hooves clattering lightly on the stony earth, sending light echoes through the chambers. Once at his side, no fear showed in her determined eyes, and gently, she laid her muzzle on his shoulder, giving him a gentle touch, and then it was her turn to say, "It's alright."
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: D}.ance {with} {the} D}.evil [Self RP]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 12/16/2010 8:53 PM

Shetan
{28 posts; Level 6}

So used to the feeling that wracked his body, the Blaze Penticorn did not notice the extreme drop in temperature. What was enough to make others shiver at the cold did not make this brute so much as flinch. It was a horrible trait that came with his tortured soul, but not the worst. This Junsei had yet to see the worst side of him, and that was something he wished on no one. Shetan longed that his silence and sheer eeriness of all that had happened would keep her away. The brute knew that Junsei needed to turn and run as far away from him as she could and never cross paths again. Junsei was already afraid, surely she would follow that fear and leave... although a part of Shetan longed for her to stay. But, Shetan would not resist to these longings. For her safety, she must leave.
Suddenly, against the cold air that surrounded him, a warm touch embraced his shoulder, and Shetan's eyes opened in surprise. Glancing to his side, Shetan's eyes widened as he saw Junsei standing by him with her muzzle against his shoulder. Shetan stared at her with such uncertainty, confusion and wonder, and then her surprising words drew up so much more of these feelings... along with something he'd never felt before: comfort. "It's alright."
The red stallion simply stared into her eyes, his own eyes filled with such confusion and wonder. No longer did fear shine in her eyes, no... There was something else there. Something that comforted the lone stallion. It was as if just by looking into those eyes, a sense of peace had fallen upon him. Slowly, the cold air seemed to lift away, a new, warm feeling filling the room. It was not the heat that Shetan was so used to however. This was something different. A warmth that was both comforting and inviting. With this new feeling, Shetan's eyes softened, the confusion and uncertainty leaving so rapidly, and with a soft smile, the brute replied to the fae."Thank you, Junsei."
But the gratitude soon faded, as did the warmth and the smile of the brute. The realization that staying near him was dangerous, the brute had to make a choice. Shetan felt the cold return, and his eyes lowered. With a deep sigh, the red brute pulled away from the mare and stepped away, heading off into the darkness that surrounded them. "Forgive me, though, but I'm afraid I must leave you. Being near me will only end in pain. But, thank you." Forcing his legs to continue forward, Shetan moved ahead, leaving the pain he felt behind... but unable to forget the warmth she had brought to him.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 12/18/2010 7:34 PM

Junsei
Purine Penticorn

[7 :--: 2]

Junsei didn't know how the stallion would react to her touch. But, even though she didn't know, Junsei did not fear what was to happen. Although she knew little of this stallion, and knew that something evil lived within him, Junsei knew that he needed her help, and in some sense, she trusted him, already. It wasn't a foolish sense, or the lack of common sense. It was her caring nature, and almost a sixth-sense that told her he was trust-worthy, despite the evil that surrounded him.
Her soft yet determined gaze catching his, Junsei could see the confusion in his eyes. It was if Shetan had never felt a soft touch before in his life. It surprised Junsei how confused he looked, but Junsei kept still, leaving her muzzle against his shoulder. The mare was surprised at how warm the stallion's body felt... unnaturally warm, in all honesty, but it soon faded away as did the cold air that surrounded them. And then, she saw his smile.
"Thank you, Junsei." Unable to hide her natural response, Junsei smiled softly back, but the smile did not last long as the mare soon realized that something was very wrong. The bitter cold returned, so much so it caused the mare to shiver. Then, the stallion pulled away from her, and Junsei suddenly felt more cold than before. Junsei stood still as Shetan stepped away, a longing feeling in her heart to step closer, but she resisted. Eyes never moved from Shetan as he paused, and soon broke the silence with words that dripped with sorrow. "Forgive me, though, but I'm afraid I must leave you. Being near me will only end in pain. But, thank you."

Junsei watched as the stallion started to leave, a feeling of helplessness washing over her. The yearning to follow him and help him still tugged at her, but his words left her in utter confusion. Should she risk the pain that he warned she would endure to help him? Or would it simply be best to let this lonely creature go on his way, and live his tortured life in solitude? With questions like that, the answer seemed quite clear. With a whinny, the mare trotted after him, sliding to a stop ahead of him and looking him in the eyes with determination and care."Shetan, please. Let me come with you. I want to help you... Please, Shetan, let me help you..."
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/05/2011 2:32 PM

Shetan
Blaze Penticorn

[- 29 :: 6 -]

Being alone was something Shetan had long since been used to. Because he had distanced himself from so many, becoming what most thought to be a cold individual, the brute had caused them all to avoid him, which, in the end, Shetan thought was the best for all. All others mattered so much more than he did, and Shetan would put every life before his own pitiful one. If loneliness was what he must live with in order to protect others, then that was what the brute would do. But, now, there was a more heartbreaking feeling that he'd never felt before as he walked away from the mare. As if he was losing something he would never have again. There was something so different about this Junsei. Despite what she had seen, Junsei had tried to comfort him... She did not try to runaway or shun him. Instead, she had offered so much more than Shetan had ever received. A soft smile. A kind word. Show of care and concern. Comfort. Walking away from all of that caused Shetan to feel as though he was leaving a part of him behind, but in order to protect her, Shetan knew he must do so. He would not sacrifice her life for his comfort.
Ears pricked to the sound of a whinny, but Shetan did not stop. It was only until the mare rushed by him and came to a stop before him that the brute did stop. He seemed surprised as he stared into her eyes blankly, wondering what she was doing.  But it was her words that surprised him the most. "Shetan, please. Let me come with you. I want to help you... Please, Shetan, let me help you..." Not a soul had offered to help Shetan, and yet here, he was given the chance to have it. Shetan had never thought of having help before, but the answer seemed so very clear, even if he longed to answer differently. The brute's gaze fell to the floor and Shetan slowly shook his head, denying her help, unable to face her. "It's... too risky, Junsei. I can't... I can't let you be with me. You don't understand... what could happen..." His voice so soft and quiet, the brute seemed to almost fade away, as if he was about to disappear into nothing. As if ashamed, Shetan could not meet her gaze and only let it rest on the floor, looking at every detail but not seeing a single bit of it. "It's... for the best..."
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next